PDA

View Full Version : Rank the Local Big XII College Football Teams.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:29 PM
They did this on 610 today, and I thought it was interesting. The Big XII North really seems to be a crap shoot at this point.

I'd put it this way...

1. Mizzou. (Sure, the D worries me a little bit, but that offense is top notch.)
2. Kansas (Where did these guys come from? I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them for at least this season)
3. Kansas State (The game against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks.. still not a bad showing on the road in a tough place)

Edit: The North in general is better than I expected this year, and some of the south teams seem to have slipped a bit. (OSU, aTm) Maybe the North can catch up a bit.

DeezNutz
09-21-2007, 07:32 PM
3. Kansas State (The win against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks.. still not a bad road win)

Yeah that would have been good...if they won.

kstater
09-21-2007, 07:33 PM
They did this on 610 today, and I thought it was interesting. The Big XII North really seems to be a crap shoot at this point.

I'd put it this way...

1. Mizzou. (Sure, the D worries me a little bit, but that offense is top notch.)
2. Kansas (Where did these guys come from? I thought I wouldn't have to worry about them for at least this season)
3. Kansas State (The win against Auburn looked really good, until we found out Auburn sucks)

Mizzou: Problems holding a lead might haunt them in Big 12 play.
KSU: Look good so far but beat themselves against Auburn.
KU: Schedule looks like KSU's from the 90's, anyone can look good against the teams they played.

BTW the Cats lost to Auburn

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah that would have been good...if they won.Jeezus. I know better than that.

Seemed like a moral victory at the time. :redface:

DeezNutz
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Jeezus. I know better than that.

No problem. Might be worth editing your initial post, so you don't get 100 such responses. :thumb:

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
No problem. Might be worth editing your initial post, so you don't get 100 such responses. :thumb:I did. Thanks for takin' it easy on a MUron.

Bugeater
09-21-2007, 07:36 PM
The Big XII North really seems to be crap at this point.
Couldn't agree more.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
Couldn't agree more.You're just cranky about that USC game.

htismaqe
09-21-2007, 07:37 PM
I think Kansas will emerge as the best all-around team out of the three, with Mizzou a close 2nd. Mizzou's defense scares me, and not in a good way...

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:39 PM
I think Kansas will emerge as the best all-around team out of the three, with Mizzou a close 2nd. Mizzou's defense scares me, and not in a good way...Man, that would really **** up my whole fall.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Iowa State beating Iowa totally caught me by surprise.

Another good win for the North.

Any game between two teams from the North is going to be hard to predict.

DeezNutz
09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
What bothers me about Mizzou, more than their defense, is that they don't have even the semblance of a power running game. 1st and goal from the 1/2-yard line = shotgun? Not for me.

KcMizzou
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
What bothers me about Mizzou, more than their defense, is that they don't have even the semblance of a power running game. 1st and goal from the 1/2-yard line = shotgun? Not for me.Understood. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just throw a D-lineman or something in there as a fullback at the goal line.

They're great at scoring. They're not so great in goal line situations, or burning clock.

Skip Towne
09-21-2007, 08:07 PM
I did. Thanks for takin' it easy on a MUron.
:LOL: You are the easiest guy on the Planet to get along with.

DeezNutz
09-21-2007, 08:28 PM
Understood. Sometimes I wonder why they don't just throw a D-lineman or something in there as a fullback at the goal line.

They're great at scoring. They're not so great in goal line situations, or burning clock.

Yep. Sometimes you need to be able to out-tough the other guy.

Hammock Parties
09-21-2007, 09:50 PM
hm... mr. kstater, its not like kstate has played anybody much tougher this season so far, so get over yourself... kstate people have such a complex to KU, just cause we're superior in every single aspect.

KChiefs1
09-21-2007, 09:58 PM
I believe in goalline situations now they are putting Martin Rucker in as a FB & he has taken direct snaps too. I think it's a change of pace from last year when Mizzou had real issues from inside the 5yd line.

DeezNutz
09-21-2007, 11:01 PM
I believe in goalline situations now they are putting Martin Rucker in as a FB & he has taken direct snaps too. I think it's a change of pace from last year when Mizzou had real issues from inside the 5yd line.

:hmmm: After the Illinois game, right? There was a classic Mizzou moment in the first half when the Tigers marched down the field to stall inside the five. Though Mizzou scored the TD on the fourth-down play, via the pass, the first three plays were from the gun, with the ball on the freaking one-yard line.

I can't say that I've followed the last two games that closely since the Big XII does such a great job of getting its teams on TV, even when playing an SEC opponent.

Phobia
09-21-2007, 11:05 PM
You freaking idiot. The wildcats lost to Auburn. Jeesh.

Mr. Kotter
09-21-2007, 11:19 PM
The Huskers will have something to say about it, before all is said and done...

RustShack
09-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Iowa State is coming back!

Thig Lyfe
09-22-2007, 12:38 AM
KU seems to have a lot of talent, but obviously they haven't played anyone worth even half a crap. Still, beating anybody by those margins is an accomplishments.

And they have Aqib Talib, who is just an extraordinary player.

kstater
09-22-2007, 03:18 AM
hm... mr. kstater, its not like kstate has played anybody much tougher this season so far,

Point to me where I said they had played anyone tougher this season. Except for Auburn KSU has played a pretty easy schedule.

beer bacon
09-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Mizzou is 11 of 11 on red-zone possessions. They have eight TDs in eleven red-zone possessions. Horrible.

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Mizzou is 11 of 11 on red-zone possessions. They have eight TDs in eleven red-zone possessions. Horrible.

They also haven't faced any real defenses yet either.

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 06:46 AM

Simmer down there, Creston.

It was IOWA.

You need to stop listening to the average Iowa fan, Iowa isn't as good as people think they are. You'll have your proof soon enough, but it won't be this week.

Because Wisconsin isn't as good as everybody thinks they are, either.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2007, 06:48 AM
I think it's too early to tell anything.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2007, 06:49 AM
Simmer down there, Creston.

It was IOWA.

You need to stop listening to the average Iowa fan, Iowa isn't as good as people think they are. You'll have your proof soon enough, but it won't be this week.

Because Wisconsin isn't as good as everybody thinks they are, either.
Beating Iowa was a huge accomplishment for a team that lost NORTHERN IOWA and Kent State.

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 06:53 AM
Beating Iowa was a huge accomplishment for a team that lost NORTHERN IOWA and Kent State.

You know what ISU's average record is in season's where they beat Iowa?

The Iowa/ISU game has never been a good indicator of success for ISU.

Saulbadguy
09-22-2007, 06:58 AM
You know what ISU's average record is in season's where they beat Iowa?

The Iowa/ISU game has never been a good indicator of success for ISU.
So what? Losing a game to an in-state FCS opponent is an embarrassment. They rebounded from that and beat a Big 10 in-state rival. It's good for their team, regardless of whether or not Iowa is good or bad.

htismaqe
09-22-2007, 06:59 AM
So what? Losing a game to an in-state FCS opponent is an embarrassment. They rebounded from that and beat a Big 10 in-state rival. It's good for their team, regardless of whether or not Iowa is good or bad.

I didn't say it wasn't good for their team.

I was responding to:

Skip Towne
09-22-2007, 07:10 AM
KU is always good when they beat the Meerkats at Bramlage.