PDA

View Full Version : This is the very definition of a pyrrhic victory

donkhater
09-23-2007, 02:04 PM
We won, but Huard likely will continue to start. Why does this feel like a defeat?

teedubya
09-23-2007, 02:07 PM
The Planet doesn't understand big words.

beer bacon
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Stop bitching.

Brock
09-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Wow, incredibly stupid. The team starts showing some guts and a first round pick makes an immediate impact and some people still can't get over Croyle. Just country dumb.

talastan
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I would like to see Croyle in as well, but I can't take anything away from this game. Defense was incredible, and D-Bo is showing some TRUE star potential. With him and Gonzo splitting the field, our passing game looks a hell of a lot better.

donkhater
09-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Because some people see the bigger picture.

This team looked every bit like the worst team in the NFL in the first half. OK, maybe they'll improve to get to 7-9. Then what?

beer bacon
09-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Because some people see the bigger picture.

This team looked every bit like the worst team in the NFL in the first half. OK, maybe they'll improve to get to 7-9. Then what?

We looked pretty damn good in the second half. You know, when we took the lead and won the game. What is important is that our coaches take this game to heart. They need to utilize the whole field if our offense is going to be successful.

FAX
09-23-2007, 02:40 PM
A tale of two halves. Downfield had 39 total yards in the first half to go with his illegal pass and fumble.

Then, in the second half, he looked darn decent. I don't know if the receivers were bailing him out because I'm watching the radio. But, he put up strong numbers after the break.

In other news, the Jags just put together an 11 minute touchdown drive on the goats.

FAX

donkhater
09-23-2007, 02:44 PM
We looked pretty damn good in the second half. You know, when we took the lead and won the game. What is important is that our coaches take this game to heart. They need to utilize the whole field if our offense is going to be successful.
And when exactly, have you seen evidence for this coaching staff to do that?

On one hand I think Herm is a offensive dumbass. The challenge on that lateral/fumble was jaw-dropping dumb. On the other hand, I get the feeling he really would like to build his team with Croyle but the King is keeping him from doing it.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:03 PM
I swear, some of you people would complain about Santa's carbon footprint on Christmas morning.

Brock
09-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I swear, some of you people would complain about Santa's carbon footprint on Christmas morning.

Yes....Oh Noes, the Chiefs WON!!!

TEX
09-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow, incredibly stupid. The team starts showing some guts and a first round pick makes an immediate impact and some people still can't get over Croyle. Just country dumb.

:clap:

Baby Lee
09-23-2007, 03:24 PM
I enjoyed the win. I enjoyed the D. I enjoyed the receivers making good catches.
I can't bring myself to enjoy Huard saving his skin for another week.
At the half, I said 'can't wait to see the 1st half #s, what'd Huard net passing, 25 yards?' Everyone was 'what? no way.'

Net passing 1st half, 27 yards.

I booed Huard loudly and lustily on the backwards 3rd down pass. First time I've ever booed a Chiefs player in public. Didn't even boo specific players on D in DV era, as much as I hated the effort.

I was met with a chorus of applause.

Bugeater
09-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Do you people who are upset with the win honestly think we'd be any closer to playing Croyle if we'd had lost 10-9?

Frankly, I don't think we're going to win too many games this year, so I'm sure as hell going to enjoy the ones we get.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-23-2007, 03:32 PM
i kinda feel like we won

beach tribe
09-23-2007, 03:36 PM
It feels like we won.

Huard did not turn on shit. D BOWE turned on the thunder, but at least Huard knew who to throw it to this time.

KCJohnny
09-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Huard's QB rating was over 100.
His throws were on the money (when they were off, they were high so only our guy could get it).

This was a W and Huard could have easily thrown for 300 yds if Solari had a clue about how to use the weapons he has.

Still, I admit in the 1st half I would have welcomed Croyle. The 2nd half Huard was deadly.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't believe people are posting that Huard is good...

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
I can't believe people are posting that Huard is good...
I can't believe they're posting that he's mediocre.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:45 PM
I can't believe they're posting that he's mediocre.

I'm sure there are still people on here that think we're going to the playoffs...

KCJohnny
09-23-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm sure there are still people on here that think we're going to the playoffs...

I am one of them. 9-7 could easily win the AFCW this year.

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
His throws were on the money (when they were off, they were high so only our guy could get it).
Throwing high is how you get it picked off and get your receivers killed.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Unbelievers.

14-2. Mark my words.

NUMBER7
09-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Unbelievers.

14-2. Mark my words.

Dude...I would love to share your optimism...unfortunately if this game was in Minnesota we would have lost. Believe me the Arrowhead advantage was strong the last 25 minutes. "Terror-Head is Back!

Mecca
09-23-2007, 03:59 PM

I wonder if you will cry in your pie after the next few games...

blueballs
09-23-2007, 04:01 PM
when Croyle gets his turn
and I believe he will
Bowe will be that much better

Ultra Peanut
09-23-2007, 04:05 PM
I am one of them. 9-7 could easily win the AFCW this year.OH GOD YES I CAN'T WAIT

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Any decent NFL would have blown us out in the first half. We got very lucky. The refs and the Vikings helped the Chiefs far more than the Chiefs players did.

This is a very, very bad football team.

Shag
09-23-2007, 04:41 PM

This was a W and Huard could have easily thrown for 300 yds if Solari had a clue about how to use the weapons he has.

Still, I admit in the 1st half I would have welcomed Croyle. The 2nd half Huard was deadly.

What game were you watching?

donkhater
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I agree, but it'll be Sd or Denver. This team isn't going to win 9. I just can't see them winning their next 2 games. They might beat Cinninnati and Oakland to get to 3-4 at the break. Maybe.

Cheer all you want about the defense, but they should have only limited Peterson to ten points. That Minnesota team is nearly as inept as KC except they can run the ball. If they aren't able to beat that crappy Minnesota team in the home opener, we are looking at 4-12 at best.

As it is, if they stick with Huard, I don't see 6 wins on the schedule. Including this one.

Brock
09-23-2007, 05:32 PM
More bad news, Denver and SD lost today. This is a horrible time to be a Chiefs fan. :(