PDA

View Full Version : Official Larry Johnson Appreciation Thread!

Hootie
09-23-2007, 02:08 PM
It's only going to get better...

That was a BRUTAL rush defense...

FAX
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
24 carries for 42 yards.

FAX

Mecca
09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Larry Johnson is going to look like this all year....brutal schedule, the decline of the carrying the ball to many times...

It all adds up...

BigMeatballDave
09-23-2007, 02:10 PM
A better QB would've shredded that secondary, giving LJ a little room to run...

Hootie
09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
All I'm saying is...

I'm sure his morale is REAL low after the first three games...

But I don't think he's doing a bad job.

kcxiv
09-23-2007, 02:11 PM
He got hit 6-7 times behind the line of scrimmage. That has nothing to do with carrying the ball alot last year. That was horrible blocking. Then again Minn has the best Dline in the NFL i bet. At least against the rush.,

Easy 6
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
I certainly feel for the guy, the 1st half game plan (and i use the word "plan" with a smirk) was sickening.

Had we started off like we finished, theres no way LJ has such a terrible day.

Are you trying to KILL the man Herm??? Do you GIVE a damn that your sapping the life from our meal-ticket???

I can only HOPE that Carl reads the riot act to Solarwards.

Crashride
09-23-2007, 02:12 PM
larry johnson has only played 1 full season of college and 1 full season of the pros. Enough with the to many carries bullshit

BigRock
09-23-2007, 02:13 PM
The holding call that took away his big run probably felt like someone had kicked him in the balls. I bet Jeff Webb gets pistol whipped.

Oh Snap
09-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Larry Johnson is going to look like this all year....brutal schedule, the decline of the carrying the ball to many times...

It all adds up...

But showing up to camp late has nothing to do with it. Having an OL that cannot runblock has nothing to do with it. Playcaling, etc. get it yet?

Turely sucks, welborne sucks... LT is suspect at best. LG and C is our best attributes to our offensive line. Oh, and whos that guy that plays FB?

Mecca
09-23-2007, 02:15 PM
larry johnson has only played 1 full season of college and 1 full season of the pros. Enough with the to many carries bullshit

Let's ignore the history of the league.....

Just because he didn't carry it early doesn't mean he can carry it 500 times the next year..

And the year he started half the year he carried it as much as a starting RB so it is not 1-1.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
But showing up to camp late has nothing to do with it. Having an OL that cannot runblock has nothing to do with it. Playcaling, etc. get it yet?

Turely sucks, welborne sucks... LT is suspect at best. LG and C is our best attributes to our offensive line. Oh, and whos that guy that plays FB?

Sure, it's numerous things but they all add up.

You really think he's gonna bust out on San Diego?

Denver and Cincy he can run on them the rest of this schedule is brutal for a RB.

Crashride
09-23-2007, 02:18 PM
Let's ignore the history of the league.....

Just because he didn't carry it early doesn't mean he can carry it 500 times the next year..

And the year he started half the year he carried it as much as a starting RB so it is not 1-1.

The "history of the league" was judged by players who played throughout the entire length of their career. Larry is a whole different case.

Simply Red
09-23-2007, 02:18 PM
The holding call that took away his big run probably felt like someone had kicked him in the balls. I bet Jeff Webb gets pistol whipped.
ROFL

Simplex3
09-23-2007, 02:20 PM
This is what happens when you spend a ton of $$$ on a RB instead of an OL.

Mecca
09-23-2007, 02:21 PM
The "history of the league" was judged by players who played throughout the entire length of their career. Larry is a whole different case.

RB's that have carried 400+ times were never the same players again regardless of what their past was....

KcMizzou
09-23-2007, 02:22 PM
I'm not blaming LJ for anything...

But he'd better not be pouting...

KCFalcon59
09-23-2007, 02:43 PM
We have a shit offensive line. It is not about how many carries LJ had last year. If we had some blockers LJ would be putting up the same numbers he has in the past.

taurusbadboy2002
09-24-2007, 05:07 PM
THE REASON LJ HAS NOT PUT UP THOSE HIGH NUMBERS IS BECAUSE HE IS BEING TARGETED LIKE THE LT & STEVEN JACKSON. EVERYONE IN THE NFL KNOWS THEY ARE THE TOP 3 RBS. EVERY DEFENSE STUDIES EACH OF THEIR STYLES AND THE WAY THEIR TEAMS PLAY THEM. ITS TYPICAL EVERYONE EXPECTS THE SAME THING EVERYTIME. I REMEBER LJ WAS GOING TO BE PLAYING SOMEWHAT LIKE A WR SOMETIMES THROUGHOUT THE GAMES. FOR THE RBS TO DO BETTER THEY HAVE TO BE PUT IN DIFFERENT PLAYS OR THEIR OFFENSE NEEDS TO BLOCK A WHOLE LOT BETTER. HERM PUT LJ IN THE GAME MORE BUT THEN AGAIN REALLY DIDN'T. I'M SURE HE'LL GET PUT IN MORE AGAINST THE CHARGERS. THERE JUST HAS TO BE BETTER PLAYS SO SHAWN MERRIMAN DOESN'T GET TO LJ. THEY HAVE TO PUT 2 GUYS ON HIM SO LJ CAN GET MORE YARDS, MORE RUSHES, & AT LEAST 1 TD. I KNOW HE & THE WHOLE TEAM WANT MORE THAN JUST 1 TD A GAME. THEY CAN DO IT. SHIT THEY HAVE BEFORE. TO ME, LJ HAS BEEN PLAYING THE BEST HE CAN GIVEN THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN BLOCKING FOR HIM. IT WILL GET BETTER. NO ONE ON THE TEAM WANTS TO LOOSE SINCE THEY FINALLY WON 1 ALREADY. THEY FEELIN' GOOD RIGHT NOW. THEY WANT THAT 2 CONTINUE.

taurusbadboy2002
09-24-2007, 05:08 PM
THE REASON LJ HAS NOT PUT UP THOSE HIGH NUMBERS IS BECAUSE HE IS BEING TARGETED LIKE THE LT & STEVEN JACKSON. EVERYONE IN THE NFL KNOWS THEY ARE THE TOP 3 RBS. EVERY DEFENSE STUDIES EACH OF THEIR STYLES AND THE WAY THEIR TEAMS PLAY THEM. ITS TYPICAL EVERYONE EXPECTS THE SAME THING EVERYTIME. I REMEBER LJ WAS GOING TO BE PLAYING SOMEWHAT LIKE A WR SOMETIMES THROUGHOUT THE GAMES. FOR THE RBS TO DO BETTER THEY HAVE TO BE PUT IN DIFFERENT PLAYS OR THEIR OFFENSE NEEDS TO BLOCK A WHOLE LOT BETTER. HERM PUT LJ IN THE GAME MORE BUT THEN AGAIN REALLY DIDN'T. I'M SURE HE'LL GET PUT IN MORE AGAINST THE CHARGERS. THERE JUST HAS TO BE BETTER PLAYS SO SHAWN MERRIMAN DOESN'T GET TO LJ. THEY HAVE TO PUT 2 GUYS ON HIM SO LJ CAN GET MORE YARDS, MORE RUSHES, & AT LEAST 1 TD. I KNOW HE & THE WHOLE TEAM WANT MORE THAN JUST 1 TD A GAME. THEY CAN DO IT. SHIT THEY HAVE BEFORE. TO ME, LJ HAS BEEN PLAYING THE BEST HE CAN GIVEN THAT NO ONE HAS BEEN BLOCKING FOR HIM. IT WILL GET BETTER. NO ONE ON THE TEAM WANTS TO LOOSE SINCE THEY FINALLY WON 1 ALREADY. THEY FEELIN' GOOD RIGHT NOW. THEY WANT THAT 2 CONTINUE. DAMN THAT WAS ALOT OF [S H I T] I HAD TO SAY.

Hootie
09-24-2007, 05:10 PM
LJ is fine...

He'll finish with at least 1,400 yards rushing.

TEX
09-24-2007, 05:18 PM

That's right. (except our Center is CRAP too) Plus EVERY defense we come up against plays us to stop the run. IMO, NOBODY would have success running the ball in KC this year.

TEX
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
LJ is fine...

He'll finish with at least 1,400 yards rushing.

He is fine, but no way he sees 1400 yards. IMO it will be more like 1100.

Bearcat
09-24-2007, 05:22 PM
On PTI, Jaws was talking about how LJ needs to basically shutup and play better.... he said playcalling and other players leaving don't matter. He said this as they showed 3 or 4 plays where LJ took handoffs or passes and had ZERO chance at doing anything due to 6 defenders wrapping him up as soon as he touched the ball.

I usually like Jaws, but he was being a dumbass.

shyguyms
09-24-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah how bout a line some wr's or a QB Trade Larry while you still can.
The Cancer is spreading.