PDA

View Full Version : Rate offensive talent position by position in terms of a SB team...

cdcox
09-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Poll coming.

Consider the position-by-position talent on the offense. Rate each player according to their proven ability right now. Do not consider age unless you think their age is affecting their play THIS season. Do not consider FUTURE potential. Here are the rating catagories:

Class 1: This player would be a star on a SB roster. A good chance to be a Hall of Famer with a long enough career.

Class 2: This player would be solid on a SB roster; a very reliable starter with no meed to upgrade on an elite team.

Class 3: This player would be marginal on a SB roster. You could win a SB despite having this player filling the spot.

Class 4: This player would prevent you from winning a SB if he were playing.

dj56dt58
09-23-2007, 06:48 PM
im confused

banyon
09-23-2007, 06:53 PM
im confused

Poll coming

Mecca
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm going to admit I voted Bowe 3 because of what he is right now, he could be a 1 or probably 2 by the end of the year.

banyon
09-23-2007, 07:05 PM
If I could've voted Huard Class 5 I would have.

cdcox
09-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I didn't have any class 4 guys. But I don't think you can have more that about 3 class 3 guys on the whole team, unless you have a ton of class 1 guys. Huard came close to class 4, but if the rest of the team were class 2 and higher, I think you could make a run. But I'd definitely be looking to up grade the most important player on the field.

Class 1: LJ, Gonzo
Class 2: Waters, McIntosh, Bowe
Class 3: Kennison (tough call but only 700 yards last season), Wiegmann (again boarderline), Welbourn, Turley, Wilson/Parker/Dunn, Huard

Mecca
09-23-2007, 07:15 PM
You obviously think McIntosh is better than I do but I'm going on his history as a player.....

cdcox
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
You obviously think McIntosh is better than I do but I'm going on his history as a player.....

Based on limited data, I made the call for class 2. I might have a different opinion by the end of the season.

Sanka
09-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Huard class sixty seven, LJ first class, Gonzo first class, Kennison 2nd class, Bowe, 2nd class, McIntosh 2nd class, Welbourne 2nd class, Waters first class, Wiegmann 2nd class,and Turley 3rd class.

Dunn is a first class blocking TE, but Parker is a class 3 and Wilson is borderline class 2 or 3.

Rain Man
09-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Huard wouldn't lose it for us, but I don't think he'd win it for us. My bigger worry is our run blocking right now, and a lot of that is the right side of the line.

cdcox
09-24-2007, 09:11 AM
I'd like to get a few more opinions in the poll, then in the next day or two I will compile a position by position breakdown of how we stand.