PDA

View Full Version : Sit down on offense, stand up on defense. It is that simple.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 08:45 PM
I attend 1 - 4 games a year at Arrowhead in section 102, row 14. Fans who have seats around us have had them for a long time and are the intelligent fans that have helped earned the good rep for being smart fans around the NFL.

The row in front of us is dedicated to some of the visitors allotment of lower bowl seats. Early in the game the guy in front of me was standing when no one around was standing. It started to get annoying.

A slight rumble started of people who knew that we needed to start to tell this person to sit down. We started to yell at the guy but we noticed that others were staring to stand while we were on offense.

I actually got the guy to sit down but then almost the whole stadium between the 30's in the lower 15 rows was standing. My Dad pointed out that it was even going on on the other side of the stadium (Chiefs Sideline.)

These were not Viking fans but Chiefs fans and they were all over the stadium standing when we had the ball on offense (not like there's a lot to see.)

Let us start a grass roots educational effort to inform fans that we stand and yell on defense and sit and shut up on offense. Special teams doen't matter so let the rookies waste their voices on kick-offs.

luv
09-23-2007, 08:51 PM
We sit in 122, row 15. We've never really had the "rule" about when to/not to stand during the game. There are some games when we've had to stand for the majority of the game. Generally, it's how you describe it, but not always. You got something against standing up? :p

dtebbe
09-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Sounds like you had a bad case of GVS today.

DT

Buck
09-23-2007, 08:59 PM
IMO, everybody should be standing every play.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I have been sitting in those seats since '86 and it has always been that way. There might be a lingering stand after a good offensive play but not constant stand during offensive drives.

It seemed to me like the Arrowhead fans were in the LJ rust shake off mode.

Standing leads to yelling. We do not make noise while on offense. We are not in Oakland.

Spott
09-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Every time that I've sat in the lower level for a Chiefs game, everyone has stood up the entire time.

Extra Point
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Some people were standing every play in preseason. Annoying. Sit on offense, stand on defense, I can dig that during season play.

They're called seats , but they're located in the stands.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Stop your fuggin crying.
Say something or shuddup about it.

I hate it when people bitch about something without doing something about it.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:21 PM
IMO, everybody should be standing every play.

I'll be at your uneducated stadium next week. When fans don't maximize the home field advantage it shows up on the field.

The players also have a say in the outcome though...

General NFL fan rule.

Your team on offense - sit so the QB can audible and the WR's and OT's can hear the signals.

Your team on D - be as loud as you can so you prevent audibles and the lineman from hearing the QB's signals.

Pretty basic to me. Standing causes everyone to in the stadium to yell and then the pack mentality takes over and people start yelling.

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I'll be at your uneducated stadium next week. When fans don't maximize the home field advantage it shows up on the field.

The players also have a say in the outcome though...

General NFL fan rule.

Your team on offense - sit so the QB can audible and the WR's and OT's can hear the signals.

Your team on D - be as loud as you can so you prevent audibles and the lineman from hearing the QB's signals.

Pretty basic to me. Standing causes everyone to in the stadium to yell and then the pack mentality takes over and people start yelling.

Who the **** says you have to talk when you are standing up???

I stand up every play, yet I'm awfully quiet when we have the ball.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Stop your fuggin crying.
Say something or shuddup about it.

I hate it when people bitch about something without doing something about it.

I did yell down in front and got the 1/2 a section in front of me to sit down.

As I said in the post though the fans across the field from us (Chiefs side) were also standing.

Do you think we should stand and make noise when we are on offense? Why is this crying?

Home field advantage is that 70k fans are quiet when your team is on offense. Then, they are loud on defense.

I don't have to go into the advantages involved.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:28 PM

How long have you been a season ticket holder at the Murph?

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
How long have you been a season ticket holder at the Murph?

6 Years or so...since I've had a job...

My parents have been season ticket holders for maybe 10 years.

Reaper16
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM

This.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:32 PM
I did yell down in front and got the 1/2 a section in front of me to sit down.

As I said in the post though the fans across the field from us (Chiefs side) were also standing.

Do you think we should stand and make noise when we are on offense? Why is this crying?

Home field advantage is that 70k fans are quiet when your team is on offense. Then, they are loud on defense.

I don't have to go into the advantages involved.

I'm confused on how standing makes you louder? :hmmm:

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I mean sometimes you have to stand up to see the action on the field...we have 2 sets of tickets and one of the sets has a somewhat obstructed view and you cant see if you aren't standing up...I can understand where that fellow was coming from.

However, everyone knows to shut up when you are on offense. I do agree with you that we have some dumb fans. I hate it, every game they always get loud right when we are going into scoring position.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:36 PM
CP wanted Arrowhead to be like a college atmosphere.
What do you think they do in college games (THE ENTIRE GAME)?

The "elders" are the one's usually crying about stander because...
1. They're the Bronco fan type: Too corporate to be amongst a pack of wolves and want to follow a certain set of guidelines (while taking away the college atmosphere).

2. The fat/lazy guy: The guy that is pissed that anyone is standing ever because his fat ass wants to sit the entire game.

If you saw the other side doing the same exact thing... wouldn't it be an indicator that the ENTIRE CROWD must've been pumped and rowdy but you wanted YOUR side to be the Bronco fan side?

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:37 PM
6 Years or so...since I've had a job...

My parents have been season ticket holders for maybe 10 years.

The more you hold your tickets the more you are going to want to educate the new fans to the NFL that there is an advantage for the offense to be able to hear.

The Chiefs organization was very proud to display signs that we are the loudest stadium in the NFL (or something to that effect.)

That is when we are on D.

On O we sit, rest our pipes, drink and watch our current O sputter. Other years they prosper. We sat 1st down and sit again so we can sustain our drive.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:39 PM
The more you hold your tickets the more you are going to want to educate the new fans to the NFL that there is an advantage for the offense to be able to hear.

The Chiefs organization was very proud to display signs that we are the loudest stadium in the NFL (or something to that effect.)

That is when we are on D.

On O we sit, rest our pipes, drink and watch our current O sputter. Other years they prosper. We sat 1st down and sit again so we can sustain our drive.

DV's Indy playoff game we didn't sit one time the entire game.

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I dont know if you guys remember, but back in the year when the Raiders went to the Super Bowl, you guys played them Week 17.

The game was in Oakland and it was pouring down rain, and all of their fans were at their seats standing the whole time...

Thats exactly how it should be.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:42 PM
I dont know if you guys remember, but back in the year when the Raiders went to the Super Bowl, you guys played them Week 17.

The game was in Oakland and it was pouring down rain, and all of their fans were at their seats standing the whole time...

Ahhhhhhh... The elements.
Last year (forgot what game we were in @ home) we stood the entire game in the rain.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:52 PM
I mean sometimes you have to stand up to see the action on the field...we have 2 sets of tickets and one of the sets has a somewhat obstructed view and you cant see if you aren't standing up...I can understand where that fellow was coming from.

However, everyone knows to shut up when you are on offense. I do agree with you that we have some dumb fans. I hate it, every game they always get loud right when we are going into scoring position.

Thats because your stadium is not the best (to put it lighlt it s***s)

When I get home I'll post some pics that are as good as CBS's. There are no bad sight lines in Arrowhead. A view was not an issue. As stated in the post it was the lower bowl between the 20's.

I was at the Indy game too. 102 is on the sunny side and I was in a PH jersey the whole game. In Jan. Crazy weather.

I sat during the O and yelled during the D. I always come home horse because I yell on every D play. It has nothing to do with being lazy. Everything to do with standing and yelling while we're on D.

What is your reason for standing while we're on O?

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:55 PM

When I get home I'll post some pics that are as good as CBS's. There are no bad sight lines in Arrowhead. A view was not an issue. As stated in the post it was the lower bowl between the 20's.

I was at the Indy game too. 102 is on the sunny side and I was in a PH jersey the whole game. In Jan. Crazy weather.

I sat during the O and yelled during the D. I always come home horse because I yell on every D play. It has nothing to do with being lazy. Everything to do with standing and yelling while we're on D.

So I can see the game...And I could see it if everyone sat down, but I'd rather have everyone standing up.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:55 PM

You're modelling yourself after Raider fans?

I was at a Raider game in Oakland vs. the Chiefs with Big Daddy and got my whole section to chant Ray - durrs in the 4th 1/4 with less than a minute to go while they were driving to win the game.

Tim Brown was tackled at the 1. Still to this day no one thanks me for the W.

wutamess
09-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Usually because the people in front of us are. The trickle up effect.
I'd love to sit during O but if the people in front of us are standing I don't mind getting up instead of asking him to sit down.

I'd rather them enjoy their game as I used to come there every week.
Also, if it's one guy RIGHT in front of me... I would probably say something but if it's a pair of friends that are just taking it all in then... I'm all for it. Lets all stand.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 09:57 PM
So I can see the game...And I could see it if everyone sat down, but I'd rather have everyone standing up.

Repeat that after you have had season tickets for more than 6 years.

Did you have them when you had Crying Leaf and were 1 - 15?

Buck
09-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Repeat that after you have had season tickets for more than 6 years.

Did you have them when you had Crying Leaf and were 1 - 15?

Well my parents did, I was about 12 back then...

And since I've had my own season tickets I've had to sit through 4 Non Playoff seasons so.....

BigRedChief
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I never ever complain about people standing up. I don't tolerate people telling me to sit down very well either.

This ain't a performance at a theatre. It's loud outdoor football. No need to tame the attendees for our comfort.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
I never ever complain about people standing up. I don't tolerate people telling me to sit down very well either.

This ain't a performance at a theatre. It's loud outdoor football. No need to tame the attendees for our comfort.

You're right. Forget the homefield advantage. Let's all stand up and yell while Huard is calling signals.

Who cares about McKinnie, Bowe, Parker...

This is ridiculous. I have been going to games for years and never bumped into anyone who agrees with staning and making noise when we have the ball.

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:14 PM
You're right. Forget the homefield advantage. Let's all stand up and yell while Huard is calling signals.

This is ridiculous. I have been going to games for years and never bumped into anyone who agrees with staning and making noise when we have the ball.

Dude, I don't get how you don't understand that its possible to stand up and remain silent?

luv
09-23-2007, 10:15 PM
I can't believe you are so pissed over the "rules" of standing up and sitting down. Reminds me of the people pressed in khaki pants, blouses, and sun hats that were sitting next to me. They left at half time. Good riddance!

luv
09-23-2007, 10:16 PM

I don't have to be yelling to stand up. I also don't have to stand up to yell. My vocal chords aren't in my legs.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Dude, I don't get how you don't understand that its possible to stand up and remain silent?

You have never been to Arrowhead. When the anouncers call games they usually compliment Chiefs fans on their understanding of the game.

You have asked about the stand up thing a couple times so I'll explain it.

When people stand up they are more likely to yell. When you are on offense you don't want crowd noise.

I have been going to games for 31 years now.

Here's how the crescendo works... (there wasn't always a crescendo.)

1st and 10 while home team on D. People stand and yell.. The longer the distance and deeper the down count goes the louder the yells.

In the 1st 1/4 when the Minn O ran the ball down our throat the crowd became quiter.

Fans have even been known to do a tommahawk chop and beat on the back of seats.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't have to be yelling to stand up. I also don't have to stand up to yell. My vocal chords aren't in my legs.

Were in the lower bowl?

Buck
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
You have never been to Arrowhead. When the anouncers call games they usually compliment Chiefs fans on their understanding of the game.

You have asked about the stand up thing a couple times so I'll explain it.

When people stand up they are more likely to yell. When you are on offense you don't want crowd noise.

I have been going to games for 31 years now.

Here's how the crescendo works... (there wasn't always a crescendo.)

1st and 10 while home team on D. People stand and yell.. The longer the distance and deeper the down count goes the louder the yells.

In the 1st 1/4 when the Minn O ran the ball down our throat the crowd became quiter.

Fans have even been known to do a tommahawk chop and beat on the back of seats.

Yeah, but I'm not a dipshit and I know when to be quiet....even if I am standing.

luv
09-23-2007, 10:33 PM
Were in the lower bowl?
Section 122, row 15.

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Section 122, row 15.

Good. I can finally address someone.

STFD
S T F U

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, but I'm not a dipshit and I know when to be quiet....even if I am standing.

I understand your confusion.

Your stadium was known as Arrowhead West until a couple of years ago. I was at the game when endeldt decided to go head to head with the grill of a drunk driver a few years back.

When there were more Chief fans than Charger fans at your stadium you probably dont know when to sit and stand.

Please see my earlier posts for the rules.

percysnow
09-23-2007, 11:19 PM

i agree its usually some old cranky bastard that doesnt want to stand. .

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 11:25 PM
i agree its usually some old cranky bastard that doesnt want to stand. .

I am only 37 and yell with my hands cupped to direct the vocals on every defensive play toward the opposing O.

On O I sit and enjoy the juggernaut known as the LJ and DB show!!!!

37 is not old!!!!!

Raiderhater58
09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I refuse to sit anywhere near the lower level in between the 30's, its like Im at a weddding down there, its more like "whos gonna see me at the Chiefs game" I come to watch football and have a good time rooting my team to victory, not to be seen or as a Social status.

If I want to stand I will stand, period. If Im in front of you and I want to stand YOU have 2 options, A) Stand or B) stay seated and STFU, this aint the Opera. The only exceptions to this rule are little kids and old women.

And no standing doesnt mean yelling while we're on Offense.

That being said I dont stand the entire game, but if I want to....:)

Mojo Rising
09-23-2007, 11:52 PM
I refuse to sit anywhere near the lower level in between the 30's, its like Im at a weddding down there, its more like "whos gonna see me at the Chiefs game" I come to watch football and have a good time rooting my team to victory, not to be seen or as a Social status.

If I want to stand I will stand, period. If Im in front of you and I want to stand YOU have 2 options, A) Stand or B) stay seated and STFU, this aint the Opera. The only exceptions to this rule are little kids and old women.

And no standing doesnt mean yelling while we're on Offense.

That being said I dont stand the entire game, but if I want to....:)

I am glad you refuse those seats that are offered every week on the 50.

You sound like one of those Bud Light Real Men of Genius ads.

I also applaud your selfesh reasoning. If you are behind me you will stand when I stand...

For those that yell for th 15 - 10 seconds before the opposing QB calls his signals like I do, I say

STFU
S T F D

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I am pretty surprised at the replies. Chiefs fans are actually supporting standing and yelling during offensive plays.

I was expecting some sort of shock that fans would stand and yell while we had the ball.

I live in SF and brag about 2 things.

1. BBQ (Haywards, Smokestack, OK Joes.)
2. Chief fan intelligence

I love to point out that Raider fans don't know when to be loud and stand up.

I guess all those years of going to games and standing up I learned 1 thing.

YOU CAN NOT STAND UP AT A NFL GAME AND BE QUIET.

Raiderhater58
09-24-2007, 12:04 AM
"Heres to you Mr. Cranky Sit Down I cant See guy"

Raiderhater58
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
am I missing something here? I see support for standing but not yelling while on O, but yet you keep throwing in the yelling part. Maybe you should start going to 9er games... I hear they are more the Wine and Cheese crowd youre looking for.

luv
09-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I am pretty surprised at the replies. Chiefs fans are actually supporting standing and yelling during offensive plays.

I was expecting some sort of shock that fans would stand and yell while we had the ball.

I live in SF and brag about 2 things.

1. BBQ (Haywards, Smokestack, OK Joes.)
2. Chief fan intelligence

I love to point out that Raider fans don't know when to be loud and stand up.

I guess all those years of going to games and standing up I learned 1 thing.

YOU CAN NOT STAND UP AT A NFL GAME AND BE QUIET.
Would you mind pointing out where I, or anyone, supported yelling during offensive plays?

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Would you mind pointing out where I, or anyone, supported yelling during offensive plays?

OK. You are the guy in front of me that feels then need to stand and cause everyone to stand?

S T F D and S T F U.

If everyone sits down on O... no one has to stand. Our outer WR's and OT's are trying to hear the signals during this time you want want to quitely stand.

Are you telling me that you have seen 70k people standing while we're on O?

When was that?

Raiderhater58
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM
OK. You are the guy in front of me that feels then need to stand and cause everyone to stand?

S T F D and S T F U.

If everyone sits down on O... no one has to stand. Our outer WR's and OT's are trying to hear the signals during this time you want want to quitely stand.

When was that?

Uh.... What?? Dude seriously go to bed.

luv
09-24-2007, 12:31 AM

S T F D and S T F U.

When was that?
No, there's no possible way I could be the GUY in front of you.

Please don't tell me how to conduct myself during a game.

Uhhh...okay. Are you complaining about having to stand, or that no one can hear calls when we're quiet?

No, I'm in the lower level. I don't pay much attention to what goes on above me.

I have been to games where I've stood at least 3/4 of the time, regardless of who was on the field. Why? Because I wanted to see what was going on, NOT to yell. You are being very judgemental over something VERY petty.

Direckshun
09-24-2007, 12:35 AM
What a sandy vagina you are, Mojo.

Loosen up the elastic on your Pampers, moron.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
From what it sounds we are probably on the same page.

I do not have a voice after any Chiefs game I attend at Arrowhead from yelling.

SPchief
09-24-2007, 12:39 AM
Are you sure that this wasn't your first game at Arrowhead? I've been to PRESEASON games where nobody sat down the whole game. Just because people are standing, doesn't mean they are yelling.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:39 AM
What a sandy vagina you are, Mojo.

Loosen up the elastic on your Pampers, moron.

I am sure you noticed the same thing in Springfield...

SPchief
09-24-2007, 12:40 AM

:spock: Nice spin

Raiderhater58

and that doesnt make you anymore or less of a fan than the little old man who doesnt yell at all sitting in section 314

SPchief
I am sure you noticed the same thing in Springfield...

How did you go to the game if you are in SF?

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:45 AM

I am posting from my Moms PC in Leawood. I am not in SF now.

I guess at you're seats it is OK to stand and yell on O but this is a 1st in my section.

I know.. You guys stand and be quiet.

luv
09-24-2007, 12:45 AM

I think we are, too, when it comes to when to yell. Peace, my friend. :)

Raiderhater58
09-24-2007, 12:47 AM
I am posting from my Moms PC in Leawood.

say no more

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 12:55 AM
say no more

The same house in Leawood where my Dad was the HC for the Y flag fb team whose assistants were Willie Lanier, Jim Tyre and Mike Livingston.

WL would drive me to my flag games when I was 7 in is El Dorado.

Barstowe (thats where we preacticed) is getting a lot more tough now...

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 01:03 AM
and that doesnt make you anymore or less of a fan than the little old man who doesnt yell at all sitting in section 314

When I was a kid I sold Handerchiefs to the few tailgetares that were at the stadium (from WHB.) I have been going to Chiefs games since I was very young.

I now live in SF but my Dad keeps his season tickets.

When I go to a game it takes hours to fly back and attend. When I dont there is Sunday Ticket.

In CA i criticize "party fouls" when I attend events.

What is a party foul you ask?

1. Chearing at the wrong time
2. Bad BBQ
3. Calling grilling bbq

SPchief
09-24-2007, 01:09 AM
I am posting from my Moms PC in Leawood. I am not in SF now.

You brought location up first dumbass.

I guess at you're seats it is OK to stand and yell on O but this is a 1st in my section.

I know.. You guys stand and be quiet.

Just give it up dude

SPchief
09-24-2007, 01:10 AM
The same house in Leawood where my Dad was the HC for the Y flag fb team whose assistants were Willie Lanier, Jim Tyre and Mike Livingston.

WL would drive me to my flag games when I was 7 in is El Dorado.

Barstowe (thats where we preacticed) is getting a lot more tough now...

Name dropping. Step 2 in the douchebag 101 course.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 01:14 AM

OK.

I thought that was the first location mention. ???

Name dropping?????

I have been going to Chiefs games when we sucked and were only on the radio. I actually worked those games selling Handerchiefs.

I still go. We still keep the tickets even though we are all in CA>

luv
09-24-2007, 01:14 AM
You know what really pisses me off?

I just spent I don't know how long writing a thread analyzing the Chiefs, and comparing them to putting together a puzzle (something I would never write here for fear of being laughed at for something that I don't mean to be funny). When I hit submit, there was some glitch, and it said the page couldn't be found. I hit refresh, but then the screen went white. Whenever I went back to the page where I would have written the post at, it was blank. BLANK! ARGH!!!!! :cuss:

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM

SP - What is your Chief story? I just laid my heart on the line.

SPchief
09-24-2007, 01:18 AM
OK.

I thought that was the first location mention. ???

Name dropping?????

I have been going to Chiefs games when we sucked and were only on the radio. I actually worked those games selling Handerchiefs.

I still go. We still keep the tickets even though we are all in CA>

Slow down, reread my posts, and come back with a decent reply.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 01:26 AM

I will read no further back than d******

I am a legit fan who has been going to games since I moved to KC.

I have met others CP people like BD, Logical, 2 Bike Mike, Adam, and a bunch of others who are not on the board any longer.

Don't doubt my fandome.

Also, it is bad taste to call names on a BB.

Are we gonna meet up and throw down?

I'll go but it would be very 7th grade.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 01:34 AM

Lets hear how much of a fan you are? How many losses did you sit through? How long did your family keep up the season tickets? When did your investment with the team start?

Redcoats58
09-24-2007, 02:08 AM
I would imagine that anyone that buys a ticket to any sporting event has a right to stand if they want to cheer on their team. We need less hall monitors. I understand the being quite on offense and loud on defense, but I've been to some Chiefs games and if I'm pumped up to watch the game and I wanna stand, that's just what I'll do.

Sully
09-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Good Gawd, you lower level douches are crybabies.

Hailchief
09-24-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm confused on how standing makes you louder? :hmmm:

hmm...Good Point

Saulbadguy
09-24-2007, 06:46 AM
I sit in front of some older people and they can not stand for the entire game. When I stand, I block their view.

HonestChieffan
09-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Yesterday was bad for a couple reasons. Sec 102 Had way more Purple than it should have telling me that we had a big bunch of Season tick holders who had seen enough of Hermball.

We also had Chief fans who had scored those good seats from the usual season ticket holders. These are "stand when no one else is standing guy"; Spill beer on the Girlfriend/wife/sister sitting next to me when I scream "He should have had that!" guy; and
"this is my only game to ever go to so I got hammered in the parking lot on Old Mil Lite guy".

The ticket holder who owns the seat in front of me is gonna get an earfull from the old dude three seats down next gam for sure. Thank goodness the dilwad he sold to wont be back.

BigRedChief
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM

No one is yelling while we are on offense. If they do it more than once I will say something to them. But standing to watch the offense? Not worth getting upset over.

wutamess
09-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Uh.... What?? Dude seriously go to bed.

Indy playoff game and I think Denver game last year (in the rain) we stood the entire game and the noise level was as if we were standing & sitting the entire game.

Duck Dog
09-24-2007, 07:07 AM
Early in the game the guy in front of me was standing when no one around was standing.

eeek..gasp.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Is there really a problem yelling at the offense? God forbid they get confused and actually throw the ball downfield by mistake.

allen_kcCard
09-24-2007, 08:04 AM
I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of this from Kindergarten Cop:

Detective John Kimble: Emma, take your toy back to the carpet and sit down.
Emma: I'm not a policeman, I'm a princess!
Detective John Kimble: Take your toy back to the carpet!
Emma: [softly] I'm not policeman, I'm princess.
Detective John Kimble: TAKE IT BACK!
Emma: [miserable] All right.

Except instead of a policeman and a princess it is someone screaming that they are a real fan because they sold hankies to tailgaters or some such crap and that they are right that it is blasphemous to stand up while your team is on O.

wutamess
09-24-2007, 08:06 AM
I don't know why, but this thread reminds me of this from Kindergarten Cop:

Detective John Kimble: Emma, take your toy back to the carpet and sit down.
Emma: I'm not a policeman, I'm a princess!
Detective John Kimble: Take your toy back to the carpet!
Emma: [softly] I'm not policeman, I'm princess.
Detective John Kimble: TAKE IT BACK!
Emma: [miserable] All right.

Except instead of a policeman and a princess it is someone screaming that they are a real fan because they sold hankies to tailgaters or some such crap and that they are right that it is blasphemous to stand up while your team is on O.

:spock:

Where in the hell do you come up with this stuff?
Still bored @ work I see?

allen_kcCard
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Shhh, you should be sitting down.

Mojo Rising
09-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Yesterday was bad for a couple reasons. Sec 102 Had way more Purple than it should have telling me that we had a big bunch of Season tick holders who had seen enough of Hermball.

We also had Chief fans who had scored those good seats from the usual season ticket holders. These are "stand when no one else is standing guy"; Spill beer on the Girlfriend/wife/sister sitting next to me when I scream "He should have had that!" guy; and
"this is my only game to ever go to so I got hammered in the parking lot on Old Mil Lite guy".

The ticket holder who owns the seat in front of me is gonna get an earfull from the old dude three seats down next gam for sure. Thank goodness the dilwad he sold to wont be back.

I don't think it was limited to 102. The whole lower section was standing on O.

When at the game act like PH when he used score a TD...like you,ve been here before.

Also what was up with the 2 beach balls in the 1st 1/4?

DFB
09-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Funny this has come up. On what wound-up being the game winning drive, I thought it came across on TV as insanely loud. But I just attributed it to the TV broadcast, Fox, whatever. No way Arrowhead was loud on the most important offensive drive of the game!

Apparently, there's a whole new generation of people that don't know about the sitting/standing rule. Now, I feel old. There were even references in Hard Knocks about how the Arrowhead crowd is some of the most intelligent, know when to be loud, and when to be quiet. So much for that...

Stinger
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Funny this has come up. On what wound-up being the game winning drive, I thought it came across on TV as insanely loud. But I just attributed it to the TV broadcast, Fox, whatever. No way Arrowhead was loud on the most important offensive drive of the game!

Apparently, there's a whole new generation of people that don't know about the sitting/standing rule. Now, I feel old. There were even references in Hard Knocks about how the Arrowhead crowd is some of the most intelligent, know when to be loud, and when to be quiet. So much for that...

If that was the point after the time out, a couple of sections in the upper deck were trying to get the wave started while the TO was in but the chiefs were on offense. Luckily they came to there senses and quit it after the play was over. :shake:

luv
09-25-2007, 01:17 PM

I don't remember it getting loud on that drive until people noticed Bowe going long. Once the ball was in the air, the noise level went up.