PDA

View Full Version : Video- Huard Rant and Playstation Quote

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Did anyone catch the statement from the commentator... "so those of us who would have been home playing our Playstation, we would probably would have abandoned the run" and Pearson replies "yes, why keep hitting your head on a brick wall". Pretty sad state of play calling when everyone and their drunk cousin can see 8 men in the box and knows that passing is the only way to losen it up.

Playstation Comment (http://www.cheetohcats.com/MIsc/Playstation.avi)

Heres Damon's rant for any interested...
(http://www.cheetohcats.com/MIsc/Damon Yell.avi)

Extra Point
09-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Good lead! JC Pearson did a hell of a good job calling the game.

That rant from Huard sparked the change in the offense.

jAZ
09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
What did I miss?

In isolation, those clips just leave me confused.

chagrin
09-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I hate the mp4 format!!

Anyone have it in mp3, wmv, etc?

Crashride
09-24-2007, 08:33 AM
aint workin for me

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 08:50 AM
I'll convert them....

FAX
09-24-2007, 08:50 AM
The played well on the VLC thing, Mr. C-Mac.

FAX

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 08:56 AM
The played well on the VLC thing, Mr. C-Mac.

FAX

I converted them to .avi file now, hope they play better.

DJJasonp
09-24-2007, 08:58 AM
The play by play guy (Matt Verstation sp?)...did a decent job...considering he's a san diego guy (he does the TV play by play for the padres here in san diego).

He's starting to get bigger gigs (kind of like how Kevin Harlan blew up a few years back). His expertise is baseball, though he did a pretty good job yesterday with NFL.

petegz28
09-24-2007, 09:00 AM
Well last week it was the announcer saying Huard was probably pleased to pass on something other than 3rd down. This week is JC's accuarate statement comparing Madden play calling to the Pee-Wee level playcalling coming from our sidelines.

I'd say our whol offensive coaching structure needs to go bye-bye

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 09:02 AM
The play by play guy (Matt Verstation sp?)...did a decent job...considering he's a san diego guy (he does the TV play by play for the padres here in san diego).

He's starting to get bigger gigs (kind of like how Kevin Harlan blew up a few years back). His expertise is baseball, though he did a pretty good job yesterday with NFL.

Well there you go....even a baseball guy can spot horrid offensive playcalling.

chagrin
09-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Thanks much c-mac!

I didn't get the game down here, why was he yelling at LJ?

Chiefnj2
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks much c-mac!

Nobody really knows why he was yelling or if it was directed at LJ. Whitlock seems to think he was yelling at Curl. I'm not really sure it was LJ because there didn't seem to be a blowup on the sideline between the two. LJ's demeanor yesterday didn't strike me as one where he would let Huard yell at him in the first half.

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 09:21 AM
What did I miss?

In isolation, those clips just leave me confused.

It was 10 - 6 and the Chiefs had just run LJ up the middle for no gain....again and the fans booed. Thus sparking the Playstation remark, basically saying "why do they keep doing that"?

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks much c-mac!

LJ had just spiked the ball in anger because he was tackled in the backfield......again, thus producing a 5 yard penalty. Not really sure if he was yelling at the sideline coaches or who.

tomahawk kid
09-24-2007, 09:35 AM
LJ had just spiked the ball in anger because he was tackled in the backfield......again, thus producing a 5 yard penalty. Not really sure if he was yelling at the sideline coaches or who.

I think Whitlock was right.

Based on what I saw at the game, he was yelling at Curl.

petegz28
09-24-2007, 09:37 AM

He was saying something like "Damn man how many times are you going to get my ass kicked calling this stupid ****ing play?!"

C-Mac
09-24-2007, 09:43 AM

I just watched Huard's post game and at the 5:56 minute mark he was asked specifically about it and it appears that he was indeed yelling at LJ saying it was just a heat of the moment thing and you shake hands afterwards.

Kylo Ren
09-24-2007, 09:56 AM
The link for Huard's rant doesn't work for me.

Chiefnj2
09-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I just watched Huard's post game and at the 5:56 minute mark he was asked specifically about it and it appears that he was indeed yelling at LJ saying it was just a heat of the moment thing and you shake hands afterwards.

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

DH: "Control your emotions. You just cost us 5 yards. It's tough enough for me to overthrow the ball on 3rd and 10. Do you know what that does to me on 3rd and 15? Do you think this OL, the one that just let you get hit in the backfield on 7 consecutive runs, can pass protect long enough to let a receiver get 15 yards downfield? Do you?

LJ: "Shut up, you're just going to throw a 1 yard pass to Wilson anyway."

DH: "That's just mean. Yo Dick, did you hear what Larry said? He said he's going to do another rap and this time about you."

Rausch
09-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I don't remember exactly when it was but the play was to Gonzo in the endzone, where he's slightly overthrown for what would have been an easy TD.
After the play for about 15 seconds you could see Huard going back and forth with Gonzo. You only saw the back of Gonzo's head but it was pretty clear he was pissed, and it was crystal clear what Huard was saying to him...