PDA

View Full Version : Jolly Roger wins Battle for Blacklodge! Woot!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Not that many of you know my brother or his band Jolly Roger out of Lawrence, but I just wanted to share the good news that they kicked 12 to 15 kinds of ass Saturday night at the Boobie Trap Bar in Topeka at the end of a summer long battle 'o the bands and came out the winners by a landslide. I'm really proud of my little bro and the guys and had a great freakin time that I'm still trying to wake up from... literally.

They'll now get to record a real cd in a real studio with a real producer. Sweet.

THANKS TAMMIE AND DAVID for coming alllllll the waaaayyyyy from KC to see the show and hang with us all night! You guys rock! Tammie.... are you seeing Lexxxis in your dreams? LOL. My arm isn't gonna fall off by the way... it just looks like it. Heh.

Jilly... wish you could have made it... again. :D

JOLLY ROGER RAWKS!

Planetman
09-24-2007, 10:22 AM
God damn Raider fans

JazzzLovr
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Not that many of you know my brother or his band Jolly Roger out of Lawrence, but I just wanted to share the good news that they kicked 12 to 15 kinds of ass Saturday night at the Boobie Trap Bar in Topeka at the end of a summer long battle 'o the bands and came out the winners by a landslide. I'm really proud of my little bro and the guys and had a great freakin time that I'm still trying to wake up from... literally.

They'll now get to record a real cd in a real studio with a real producer. Sweet.

THANKS TAMMIE AND DAVID for coming alllllll the waaaayyyyy from KC to see the show and hang with us all night! You guys rock! Tammie.... are you seeing Lexxxis in your dreams? LOL. My arm isn't gonna fall off by the way... it just looks like it. Heh.

JOLLY ROGER RAWKS!

LOL Dreams? No. But after the outfit he changed into later, nightmares maybe. :eek:

And sorry about your arm, but thanks for protecting me from the hell hound. That should make us even now, don't ya think? ;)

Seriously tho, thanks again for inviting us. We had a great time, and Jolly Roger earned that win. They are very talented. You have reason to be proud. :)

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 10:37 AM
LOL Dreams? No. But after the outfit he changed into later, nightmares maybe. :eek:

And sorry about your arm, but thanks for protecting me from the hell hound. That should make us even now, don't ya think? ;)

Seriously tho, thanks again for inviting us. We had a great time, and Jolly Roger earned that win. They are very talented. You have reason to be proud. :)
There's a very fine line between dreams and nightmares my sweet.

I never knew the hounds (hound) of hell was white. Go figure. It's always when you least expect it. Even....? never.

Glad you like the band... even though they didn't do much jazzz. Heh. Was there enough screaming for you btw?

JazzzLovr
09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Glad you like the band... even though they didn't do much jazzz. Heh. Was there enough screaming for you btw?

WHAT?

:D

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
WHAT?

Exactly.

IMPACT... RETRACT... LET IT BUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey Tam, they're playing again Tuesday night. You'll have to go for me this time.

Lzen
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
The Boobie Trap? That place is a little hole in the wall. Not to say that the band I used to be in never played in those types of dives. :D I'm just surprised that little dump would do a battle of the bands.

Lzen
09-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Do they have a website?

JazzzLovr
09-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey Tam, they're playing again Tuesday night. You'll have to go for me this time.

LOL Sorry, man, weekends only. I'm too old to go out and party without having a day after to recover.

Lzen, they have a myspace page, not sure about a web site. Beer me should be able to give you the link. Myspace is blocked at work, so I wouldn't be able to look for it until this evening.

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
The Boobie Trap? That place is a little hole in the wall. Not to say that the band I used to be in never played in those types of dives. :D I'm just surprised that little dump would do a battle of the bands.
Yes it is a hole in the wall. I was surprised at that but hell it was a good night. I doubt they've played any place smaller other than their own basement but hell... 6 bands made the finals and the crowd was rockin so all was fine.

www.myspace.com/therealjollyroger

Darkwolfe
09-24-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes it is a hole in the wall. I was surprised at that but hell it was a good night. I doubt they've played any place smaller other than their own basement but hell... 6 bands made the finals and the crowd was rockin so all was fine.

www.myspace.com/therealjollyroger

Ya, but it was a LOUD hole in the wall! Crowd was everything from mostly normal to downright scary, but that was all part of the fun. Besides, you know you're in crazy joint when some girl asks for a double-twist and the bartender gives it to her on her chest. :thumb:

I think my hearing is back finally. I only said "WHAT??" about ten times today. :rockon:

Jilly
09-24-2007, 08:35 PM
THANKS TAMMIE AND DAVID for coming alllllll the waaaayyyyy from KC to see the show and hang with us all night!

JOLLY ROGER RAWKS!

hmmmm...I sorta feel like that's a dig at me!!!! YAY for your brother's band though and for you having a good time!!! wish I could have been there!

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Ya, but it was a LOUD hole in the wall! Crowd was everything from mostly normal to downright scary, but that was all part of the fun. Besides, you know you're in crazy joint when some girl asks for a double-twist and the bartender gives it to her on her chest. :thumb:

I think my hearing is back finally. I only said "WHAT??" about ten times today. :rockon:
Glad you could be there man... and thanks for bringing your wife.

Next time you wear "the black."

:p

Dr. Johnny Fever
09-24-2007, 10:07 PM
hmmmm...I sorta feel like that's a dig at me!!!! YAY for your brother's band though and for you having a good time!!! wish I could have been there!
I would NEVER mean to dig at you Jilly beans. Never.

You have to make it next time though.