PDA

View Full Version : San D eggo big favorites this weekend.

BigVE
09-24-2007, 09:15 PM
Early line is 12 1/2 pt. favorites. Wow, I doubt we win but like our chances to at least cover that one.

dj56dt58
09-24-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't see us losing many games by 12 points..not with the style of our play. Especially if we can put together a few drives like we did against the Bears.

Why is everyone still sucking off SD? Their offense has sucked just as much as ours almost and our D has played a lot better. I'm gonna enjoy watchin KC kick their ass

BigVE
09-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Yeah, my post was kind of deceiving I guess, I DO think we have a great chance to win Sunday. SD is having major problems, I just hope they don't come out of their funk against us.

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Bolts O is ranked 27th in the NFL.
Their D is giving up 250 YPG in the passing game, but is very stout against the run (hopefully somebody is breaking this key stat down in Elmo-version for Solari).
Herm is 4-2 career against the Bolts.
Norv is, well, (putting it kindly) not a winner.

If we come out throwing and running from spread formations, we have just as good a chance as we had at Chicago. Our D will bottle up the Bolts O.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Let's understand who they've played......we'd have been ass raped and be 0-3 with that schedule...

BigVE
09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Bolts O is ranked 27th in the NFL.
Their D is giving up 250 YPG in the passing game, but is very stout against the run (hopefully somebody is breaking this key stat down in Elmo-version for Solari).
Herm is 4-2 career against the Bolts.
Norv is, well, (putting it kindly) not a winner.

If we come out throwing and running from spread formations, we have just as good a chance as we had at Chicago. Our D will bottle up the Bolts O.
Gates/LT worry me. Rivers and the WR's, not so much.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Rivers put up a big game against a D that is every bit as good as ours on the road...

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Gates/LT worry me. Rivers and the WR's, not so much.

They would have worried me in weeks 1 and 2 but with Jared Allen on the field, the Bolts are the ones who need to worry. I would not be surprised if JA is selected AFC Defensive Player of the Year for '07. We have greatly improved on D and our last year's D held SD to 23.5 PPG and their O was outrageously good last year. We have MORE than a shot this Sunday.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Look.....I'll say this again just one more time....Jared Allen is not Julius Peppers....

He is a good player but he is not one of the elite top 2-3 ends in the league. Hell Aaron Kampman had twice as many sacks as Allen last year, watch as everyone goes "who?"

And this game is on the road, until you see it saying the Chiefs will win on the road is risky enough as it is even with blah teams.

BigVE
09-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, and you notice with JA back it has helped Hali get free too. Nice.

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, and you notice with JA back it has helped Hali get free too. Nice.

Exactly. He lifts the entire team with his play and his unstoppable motor. And now there's legitimate push in the middle with Boone and Wilkerson, so we don't have to blitz on every down to pressure the QB. Sooner or later this D will begin to score as well. I sure hope this Sunday is when it begins.

I don't know which JA Mecca is watching, but it must not be the one who forced a fumble, had 2 sacks and batted down 2 passes yesterday. JA is as good as any DE in the NFL. Period.

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 09:47 PM
HERM HEDWARDS VS. THE CHARGERS (4-2)Herm Edwards is 4-2 against San Diego in regular and postseasonplay. Edwards and Norv Turner have met once as head coaches withEdwards posting a 26-10 vs. Oakland (12/11/05) as head coach of the Jets.DATE RESULT OPP. COACH11/3/02 W N.Y. Jets 44, SAN DIEGO 13 M. Schottenheimer9/19/04 W N.Y. Jets 34, SAN DIEGO 28 M. Schottenheimer1/8/05* W N.Y. Jets 20, SAN DIEGO 17 OT M. Schottenheimer11/6/05 L San Diego 31, N.Y. JETS 26 M. Schottenheimer10/22/06 W KANSAS CITY 30, San Diego 27 M. Schottenheimer12/17/06 L SAN DIEGO 20, Kansas City 9 M. Schottenheimer*AFC Wild Card Game HOME TEAM IN ALL CAPSNorv Turner is a career .414 winning % HC. This game is TOTALLY winnable.

Oh Snap
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
8 tackles to go with those stats as well.

Ive also noticed that teams dont run to his side. Example. Petersons runs all came on tambas side. No its not all tambas fault. The safteys and corners need to play the run a bit better.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
A DE was defensive player of the year last year.....once again Jared Allen is a damn good player but he is not an elite top at his position player...

He is not Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers, how about we let him make a Pro Bowl first because we act like he's even remotely on those guys level.

Oh Snap
09-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Last year when we played the fins, JA had a great game. One of my buddys whos is a fins fan said JA reminded him alot of JT. JA is young, and has only gotten better with his age, just like JT, JP and DF are now. Compare JA's stats to theirs, in there beginnings and his stats are comparable.

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
A low-scoring contest would unquestionably be to Kansas City’sadvantage. The Chargers are just 4-34 (.105) in regular season action whenbeing held to 17 points or less dating back to 2000, including a 2-13 (.133)mark at Qualcomm Stadium. KC allowed just 20 points in its last trip to SD,including just six points in the second half of a 20-9 loss (12/17/06). That gamemarked one of just four contests that the Chargers have been held at or belowthe 20-point barrier at home since the start of the 2004 campaign.link (http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/misc/chiefs_chargers_07r4.pdf)Defense can make the difference!!!!

dj56dt58
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
A DE was defensive player of the year last year.....once again Jared Allen is a damn good player but he is not an elite top at his position player...

He is not Jason Taylor or Julius Peppers, how about we let him make a Pro Bowl first because we act like he's even remotely on those guys level.
I've heard guys on ESPN call Jared Allen the best defensive lineman in the NFL, I think one said he is one of the best defensive players in the game. How can you say he's not up there with Taylor or Peppers? He gets the sacks, he's better at stopping the run, he forces bad throws, and he causes more fumbles than either of them. Allen has just as big of an impact, if not more than Peppers or Taylor

Oh wait...He's a Chief so he must not be any good right Mecca?

Mecca
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
He is not as good as Julius Peppers, really cmon.

That doesn't mean I think he sucks either, but really people blow this shit up way to much.

Here want an example, this would be like if a Green Bay fan said Aaron Kampman was an elite defensive end, or if a Buffalo fan said Aaron Schoble was elite.

Schoble has tons of sacks and a pro bowl appearance so at least you can remotely argue it but none of these guys are on par with Taylor or Peppers TODAY.

Which is why I said how about we wait till Allen at least makes a pro bowl before we compare him with a guy who won DPOTY, or a guy like Peppers who is the best DE in the league.

Not saying he'll never be that but I think he's more in like with a Schoble and a Kampman than he is a Peppers right now, maybe he'll but at that point one day though. Hell a GB or Buf fan might get pissed saying he's on their level since he's never had 15 sacks in a year and they both have.

dirk digler
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
He is not as good as Julius Peppers, really cmon.

That doesn't mean I think he sucks either, but really people blow this shit up way to much.

Here want an example, this would be like if a Green Bay fan said Aaron Kampman was an elite defensive end, or if a Buffalo fan said Aaron Schoble was elite.

Schoble has tons of sacks and a pro bowl appearance so at least you can remotely argue it but none of these guys are on par with Taylor or Peppers TODAY.

Which is why I said how about we wait till Allen at least makes a pro bowl before we compare him with a guy who won DPOTY, or a guy like Peppers who is the best DE in the league.

Not saying he'll never be that but I think he's more in like with a Schoble and a Kampman than he is a Peppers right now, maybe he'll but at that point one day though. Hell a GB or Buf fan might get pissed saying he's on their level since he's never had 15 sacks in a year and they both have.

The thing is this year could be JA's breakout year especially since he is in a contract year.

Having played only 1 game he is already Top 15 in sacks. Peppers isn't even Top 50 right now.

That doesn't mean Peppers sucks because I think Peppers is great but JA is really becoming a force in this league.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 10:12 PM
And that is a fine argument which is why I said let's give him a little more time before you claim he is that good, just like I said with Bowe.

This somehow makes me negative, but when Peppers and Taylor have been dominant every year pro bowlers every year Allen isn't with them yet.

But when it spins the other way I'm somehow wrong on that too, Gates has proven for 3 years now he's better than Gonzalez yet people here will somehow argue that Tony is still better cause "Gates hasn't done it long enough".

I'm not negative I'm honest, Allen has to do something to show he's on those players level for more than a week or 6 weeks or whatever. Making a Pro Bowl being recognized by other players and coaches as a top 3-4 guy in the AFC conference would be a good start...

And honestly go say Allen is on those guys level to a fan of any other team.....tell me the reaction you get, it won't be pretty.

boogblaster
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
JA is the best we suit on Sundays ... He brings fire to a flat-team ...

jidar
09-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Vegas had us as 12 1/2 point underdogs against the Bears. We lost by 10
Hopefully this time we can shave it down to 9

dirk digler
09-24-2007, 10:22 PM
And that is a fine argument which is why I said let's give him a little more time before you claim he is that good, just like I said with Bowe.

This somehow makes me negative, but when Peppers and Taylor have been dominant every year pro bowlers every year Allen isn't with them yet.

But when it spins the other way I'm somehow wrong on that too, Gates has proven for 3 years now he's better than Gonzalez yet people here will somehow argue that Tony is still better cause "Gates hasn't done it long enough".

I'm not negative I'm honest, Allen has to do something to show he's on those players level for more than a week or 6 weeks or whatever. Making a Pro Bowl being recognized by other players and coaches as a top 3-4 guy in the AFC conference would be a good start...

And honestly go say Allen is on those guys level to a fan of any other team.....tell me the reaction you get, it won't be pretty.

I get what you are saying and I am not disagreeing with you but I think SI last year had JA rated as the #1 DE in the NFL when it came to rushing the passer, forced fumbles, and stopping the run. I think a large part of it is that JA is in KC and no one cares about what happens with the Chiefs.

As far as the Pro Bowl goes I could care less. It is just a huge fraternity anyway. Guys get voted every year that don't deserve just because they have been there before. Hell my all-time favorite player DT got voted in just because he had great parties. Will Shields definitely didn't deserve it last year.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
It happens sometimes with guys but if you put up a big year you'll go. Shawne Merriman has gone every year because he's been a great player.

Taylor is going because he deserves to go, Freeney gets it too but they take at least one more, Aaron Schobel get's the nod out of Buffalo where no one cares about them but he puts up stats better than Allens.

Allen can make a Pro Bowl if he puts up the year some of you think he can......I think he's in the 2nd tier of ends with guys like Schobel and Kampman I just don't think he's passed Schobel yet that guy is really good and no one knows about him either.

OctoberFart
09-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll take KC and the points. KC has been good to me so far this year betting on them. Lost against HOU but won last two.

OctoberFart
09-24-2007, 10:31 PM
I've heard guys on ESPN call Jared Allen the best defensive lineman in the NFL, I

Who said that? I can name 10 DL that are better right now than Allen.

Mecca
09-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Who said that?

Someone who was high?

OctoberFart
09-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I've heard guys on ESPN call Jared Allen the best defensive lineman in the NFL, I think one said he is one of the best defensive players in the game.

I call BS on that one that you are making it up. No doubt he is a good player but he is far from the best.

Extra Point
09-24-2007, 11:13 PM
It's not SD's offense that scares me. It's their defense. We better do some good pulling for traps on the right side, or we're toast.

I sure wish Len Dawson and Mike Solari can hook up. Len Dawson has so much to offer, to benefit our team through his advice. Throwing the slant on first down can never get old.

KCJohnny
09-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Who said that? I can name 10 DL that are better right now than Allen.

You're on.
Name 10 DEs better than JA.

:spock:

Mecca
09-24-2007, 11:47 PM
He said DL which would include tackles...

OctoberFart
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
You're on.
Name 10 DEs better than JA.

:spock:

Well you are putting words in my mouth a little as my intial post says DL not DE's. The supposed ESPN guy says DL too and not DE's so here you go.

1. Peppers
2. Taylor
3. Freeney
4. Burgess
5. Aaron Smith
6. Aaron Schobel
7. Bertrand Berry
8. Richard Seymour
9. J. Williams
10. T. Harris
11. M. Stroud or J. Henderson

There are a bunch of guys about on the same level and some I could of forgot. There are OLB's in the 3/4 such as A. Thomas, Suggs, Merri(Roidboy)man that are just as impactful as Allen. Now I'm not saying Allen isn't good as he is a heck of a player in my opinion, he has a long way before he is the best DL/DE in the league.