PDA

View Full Version : I hope Herm was just listening to Jeff Fisher on NFL Network

Nzoner
09-25-2007, 03:45 PM
and I paraphrase Fisher,"We got 5 turnovers last night and left too many points on the field."

A 31-14 win over the Saints on their field in their home opener and Fisher wants more.Must be nice.

DMAC
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
I don't think Herm realizes that when he speaks, people are either filming him or writing down what he says.

FAX
09-25-2007, 03:49 PM
Jeff Fisher is a hell of a coach and a great guy.

Any other GM in the league (in our situation) would have taken a serious run at him two years ago. The time was right.

FAX

siberian khatru
09-25-2007, 03:51 PM
And I believe Jeff Fisher is now 43-2 on the road when taking a lead into the 4th quarter.

Rooster
09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't think Herm realizes that when he speaks, people are either filming him or writing down what he says.

LOL... Then someone really needs to tell him. :)

bobbything
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM

Any other GM in the league (in our situation) would have taken a serious run at him two years ago. The time was right.

FAX
Which is why the Titans locked him up for another half decade.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
It's too bad he didn't become free and come to us....

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
And I believe Jeff Fisher is now 43-2 on the road when taking a lead into the 4th quarter.

You know, it's funny. I heard Petro or some dumbass on the radio the other day talking about how "difficult" it was going to be for the Chiefs to maintain their concentration during the renovations to Arrowhead. I got the impression it was the Chiefs PR Machine pulling the old Orwellian "bad is good" preemptive strike.

Fisher, however, kept his team playing well and building throughout the two years they were waiting for Adelphia Coliseum to be constructed. During that time, they commuted to a college stadium in Memphis to play their home games. The following year, they played in Nashville and went to the SB. No excuses. No retreat.

FAX

Demonpenz
09-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Herm doesn't even listen to the players.

"Coach there are people in A,B,C,D gaps we can't block all of them" Holy crap now there are two people in the "a" and "B' gabs we can't block it!

Ok you guys are right. Lets run 32 power dive and get the job done!

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Which is why the Titans locked him up for another half decade.

He wasn't locked up then, Mr. bobbything. Actually, a lot of things were in flux given the problems the organization was having with Floyd Reese. I think Jeff would have entertained a good offer and could have handed the keys to Floyd.

FAX

the Talking Can
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Vince Young is the reason Fisher re-signed. He said as much, I believe.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2007, 04:05 PM
13 years with one organization as a HC is the most among active, insane he's been there that long and still holding strong

Sure-Oz
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM
He liked the run him and Mcnair had and liked how coachable Young could be.

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:06 PM

Yep. And the reason Floyd is out. They disagreed on that pick, big time.

FAX

the Talking Can
09-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I have a lot of respect for Fisher. They don't have a lot of talent, and in fact lost Henry, Pac Man Jones, and a WR, and still they are 2-1 and in almost every game.

He gets the most out of his talent.

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I have a lot of respect for Fisher. They don't have a lot of talent, and in fact lost Henry, Pac Man Jones, and a WR, and still they are 2-1 and in almost every game.

He gets the most out of his talent.

It's crazy, really, Mr. the Talking Can. Year after year, he fields average to above average talent and plays the hell out of them. I have come to believe that he is the best active coach in the league.

Personally, I think the Chiefs made a huge mistake by not speaking with him after DV left. There was a lot of disfunction in the Tacks front office in those days. Honestly, I think that, had he received the right offer from the right organization, he would have considered it.

FAX

Sure-Oz
09-25-2007, 04:21 PM
It's crazy, really, Mr. the Talking Can. Year after year, he fields average to above average talent and plays the hell out of them. I have come to believe that he is the best active coach in the league.

Personally, I think the Chiefs made a huge mistake by not speaking with him after DV left. There was a lot of disfunction in the Tacks front office in those days. Honestly, I think that, had he received the right offer from the right organization, he would have considered it.

FAX
I'm sure people would say belicheck would be up above that, they usually have had Tom Brady and really no other stars.

FAX
09-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm sure people would say belicheck would be up above that, they usually have had Tom Brady and really no other stars.

He would be in the debate, for sure, Mr. Sure-Oz. But after watching the Tacks and being surprised year after year, I have come to the conclusion that Fisher gets more out of less more often and for more mysterious reasons than any coach I've ever seen. Frankly, it's amazing.

It pisses me off even more that he's a very down-to-earth, normal guy. The kind of guy you would have a beer with. I've known him for several years through the Sudanese Lost Boys effort here. Ah well, at least we have Herm.

FAX

the Talking Can
09-25-2007, 04:29 PM

FAX

yeah, but he would make Carl feel inadequate...Carl only hires cronies...

but i agree, he's one of the few coaches that actually makes a difference...

Skip Towne
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
yeah, but he would make Carl feel inadequate...Carl only hires yes men.
Fixed it.

Oh Snap
09-25-2007, 04:38 PM
we wont get that with herm. did anyone bother watching our last offensive series against the vikes? We run it three times in a row at that brick wall that we hadnt been able to run on all day, and what do we do? gain 2 ficking yards total!

It must be nice not having a dumbass for a coach.

Sure-Oz
09-25-2007, 04:49 PM
He would be in the debate, for sure, Mr. Sure-Oz. But after watching the Tacks and being surprised year after year, I have come to the conclusion that Fisher gets more out of less more often and for more mysterious reasons than any coach I've ever seen. Frankly, it's amazing.

It pisses me off even more that he's a very down-to-earth, normal guy. The kind of guy you would have a beer with. I've known him for several years through the Sudanese Lost Boys effort here. Ah well, at least we have Herm.

FAX
Fisher is an excellent head coach no doubt, him and SpyGate's coach are probably the best that i could think of in the league.

kcirnamffoh
09-25-2007, 05:11 PM
we wont get that with herm. did anyone bother watching our last offensive series against the vikes? We run it three times in a row at that brick wall that we hadnt been able to run on all day, and what do we do? gain 2 ficking yards total!

It must be nice not having a dumbass for a coach.

While I agree with most of you in that Edwards is a chicken s**t when it comes to stretching out the field because he's so afraid of what can go wrong, I have to come to his defense here.

I really don't think its necessary to throw in that particular situation. You most certainly don't want to throw an INT or give up a "sack and strip". That just gives them a gimme FG to tie the game. Why not just run as much clock as you can, make them use timeouts and turn it over to your punter and defense to finish it off. I like that actually. The Chiefs did win the game and that's the way they won it.

Maybe this defense will prove to be consistent to where it can be trusted to overcome turnovers thus allowing the offense to open it up more.

Remember, the Vermeil/Saunders show didn't work either. That circus offense was fun but ...

kcirnamffoh
09-25-2007, 05:34 PM
... I have come to believe that he is the best active coach in the league.
FAX

Yeap. I was suggesting Fisher as my coach of choice even before Edwards came into the picture. As soon as I heard his contract was going to up for renewal, I started dreaming/screaming.

BUT NOOOOOOO!!! No one listens to me.

TEX
09-25-2007, 05:38 PM
While I agree with most of you in that Edwards is a chicken s**t when it comes to stretching out the field because he's so afraid of what can go wrong, I have to come to his defense here.

I really don't think its necessary to throw in that particular situation. You most certainly don't want to throw an INT or give up a "sack and strip". That just gives them a gimme FG to tie the game. Why not just run as much clock as you can, make them use timeouts and turn it over to your punter and defense to finish it off. I like that actually. The Chiefs did win the game and that's the way they won it.

Maybe this defense will prove to be consistent to where it can be trusted to overcome turnovers thus allowing the offense to open it up more.

Remember, the Vermeil/Saunders show didn't work either. That circus offense was fun but ...

Don't look now, but every week there seems to be more "circus" offfenses than the type we try and run. :hmmm:

Reerun_KC
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah, but he would make Carl feel inadequate...Carl only hires cronies...

but i agree, he's one of the few coaches that actually makes a difference...

That is why we hired Herm without looking around the league for a coach that would make a difference...

Herm is nothing but a Carl hand puppet yes man monkey....

Reerun_KC
09-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Don't look now, but every week there seems to be more "circus" offfenses than the type we try and run. :hmmm:

I wonder why?

It is because people were tired of the 1989 type offenses.. You put your team in a position to win the game.. You go out there to win the game, not to wait for the other team to make a mistake...

this is why neither Marty or Herm will ever be worth a shit in the NFL...

lancer348
09-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Marty relaxed on Martyball, and the Chargers won games...

chiefsfan1963
09-25-2007, 05:49 PM
It's too bad he didn't become free and come to us....

How about going after his OC, Norm Chow?

Reerun_KC
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Marty relaxed on Martyball, and the Chargers won games...

Playoffs?

How about Martha win something meaningful outside of the regular season????

ROFL If Marty was so freaking awesome, he would of gotten shitcanned from a 14-2 team.....

Reerun_KC
09-25-2007, 05:53 PM
How about going after his OC, Norm Chow?

We wont be able to seriously look at a "real" football coach until Carl is gone...

Carl will not hire anyone that will question his authority.. See starting Huard for an example...

kcirnamffoh
09-25-2007, 06:08 PM

Please be specific. Generalizations are so easy.

It helps to have personnel that can do it. The Chiefs are minus two possibly HOF OL'men that made a HUGE difference. The receivers Edwards inherited couldn't overcome that. LJ is not PH coming out of the backfield. So you got to reign it in somewhat to keep from losing the ball every other series.

I still say Edwards is waiting for this defense to show consistentcy, then I predict he will start opening up the offense more.

I don't care HOW the Chiefs win as long as they do. Edwards knows he can't win in the playoffs without balance. He's working on it. What can you do? You have to give him some time.

09-25-2007, 06:26 PM

FAX

Yeah, I was screaming to have him in KC.

Valiant
09-25-2007, 06:31 PM

There defense is rock solid though.. More then anything they play as a team and if someone is down they pick them up and keep going..