PDA

View Full Version : Now that everyone's vented, do you want to know What Really Happened Sunday?

Luzap
09-26-2007, 09:04 AM
I've been reading everyone's take on the game, on the season, on Huard, on Solari, on Carl, on Q-Tips, etc.

No one really seems to get it 100% right.

Whitlock writes one article about Huards emotion on the field and everyone takes it as Gospel that he know's what he's talking about? Haven't you been fooled by Jason enough for any two lifetimes? Let me seperate the reallity from the spin for you...
Yes, Huard was yelling at the sideline (but he was mad at himself). Yes, Huard wanted the play-calling changed back (but he knew he was the cause of it). Yes, he exchanged words with LJ (because LJ was upset at Huard for causing the changed gameplan, and upset at the coaches for doing what they had to do). Yes, Herm considered yanking Huard because he was making bad decisions (he was checking down on almost every pass after he overthrew Tony on play #1).The Chiefs went into the game with an aggressive game plan and were prepared to display the biggest passing attack we were probably going to see all year (look at Minnisota's high ranking in run D and their low ranking in pass D ~ plus this is the formula other teams have used for success against them). Regardless of what Whitlock and others on this BB would like to assert, the coaches are not idiots that feel a macho need to win games the hard way.

Huard froze up ~ there's no other way to say it (and I basically like Huard). After he overthrew Gonzo on the first play of the game, he got scared/timid/underconfident and started checking down on every pass.

The pass plays called in the second half (when everyone thinks the players forced the coaches to change) were the exact same pass plays being called in the first half ~ the difference was that Huard was throwing to the first or second (usually the first) downfield option.

Here's how Solari managed the game: Create an aggressive game plan that exploits the weaknesses of the opposing D. Pass to set up the run. Hmm, my QB's not executing the downfield passing game ~ ok, we'll keep trying for a few series and he'll get on track. %#$!*& He's still not throwing downfield! OK, change of plan. We're going to have to run it and throw only when we have to. What's that? The QB says he'll execute the game plan if we give him another chance? Well, he's made a couple of third down throws, so OK.I hope to see Brodie play sometime this season and believe he is our future ~ but Huard gives us our best chance of winning now (as long as he executes with the confidence he had in the second half).

Coaches hate the word rebuilding because it implies that you're basically giving up on the year. In the NFL, you never give up on a season ~ that's a sure way to lose players and lose fans. Of course Carl wants us to win now (newsblast ~ so does Herm). As soon as Croyle gives us that option we'll see him on the field ~ I just hope it's because he's playing great and not because Huard is playing terrible.

Luz
keeping the record straight...

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
I never really understood chicken-fried steak. If I want fried chicken I'll get fried chicken. If I want steak, I sure as heck don't want it to taste like chicken.

shaneo69
09-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Carl doesn't care about winning.

Luzap
09-26-2007, 09:17 AM
BTW, when you watch Herm's Tuesday press conference, you'll notice he is carefull not to throw his QB under the bus ~ even if that means he and his staff take the heat.

Compare that to Jason Whitlock who has an agenda. He will do everything to make himself look good and increase ratings even if it means throwing others under the bus falsely. Anything to convince fans that Carl and Herm must go ~ even if it's not true.

Luz
why does anyone listen to whitlock???...

Chief Faithful
09-26-2007, 09:17 AM
Interesting take and I hope accurate, but what is your evidence?

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Carl doesn't care about winning.

But does he eat chicken-fried steak? My guess is no.

teedubya
09-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Luzap doesn't care about black people.

shaneo69
09-26-2007, 09:20 AM
I hate it when a bug hits my windshield and the wipers can't reach it.

StcChief
09-26-2007, 09:23 AM
are their paying Butts in the seats at Arrowhead ok then

InChiefsHeaven
09-26-2007, 09:26 AM
Luzap,

Where are you getting this from? Your own opinion, or are you like a water boy or something?

Luzap
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Interesting take and I hope accurate, but what is your evidence?

Go back and listen to Herm's press conferences, and the players after game quotes. They spell it out.

Where everyone loses perspective is when you read Whitlock's article that spins it a slightly different direction (because he has an agenda). Once you accept the fact that Whitlock will knowingly lie to his readers a whole lot of things start making more sense.

We all hear things through the filter of our preconceptions (we hear what we want to hear). Stop letting the media give you preconceptions and it's amazing what we can learn directly from the people involved (not the ones interpreting those that are involved).

Luz
friendly suggestion...

cookster50
09-26-2007, 09:28 AM
I never really understood chicken-fried steak. If I want fried chicken I'll get fried chicken. If I want steak, I sure as heck don't want it to taste like chicken.
Chicken fried steak is the best. Don't go dissing CFS!!

Fish
09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
It's much easier to just blame everyone and call for mass firings....

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 09:33 AM
I hope to see Brodie play sometime this season and believe he is our future ~ but Huard gives us our best chance of winning now (as long as he executes with the confidence he had in the second half).That might have been an argument to make during the preseason, although the reality is that he showed nothing then, either. The cold hard fact is that Damon Huard played so poorly for about 11 out of the 12 quarters that the Chiefs have played this season that the team had absolutely no chance to win with him under center. The one win they do have was despite him, not because of him, and because of Minnesota's inability to put the game out of reach when they had the opportunity.

He's not doing anything well. He's not managing the game, he's not limiting the turnovers, he's not making good decisions, he's not making good throws.

If that's "our best chance of winning" then it's time to start the kid. What difference does it make if we're losing 27-17 because he threw a pick-6, but generated some offense, or 20-3 because the offense is puttering with an incapable QB.

Huard has to play better, a whole hell of a lot better, or we're done. Very, very soon, if they don't get on track, it's going to be time to start playing for '08 or beyond.

I'll stand by my assertion in August that it was a mistake to go with Huard in the first place. Because he's made absolutely no positive impact on the outcome of a single game to this point.

What would making the move to Croyle have cost us?

FAX
09-26-2007, 09:36 AM
To which Whitlock article are you referring, Mr. Luzap?

FAX

Molitoth
09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree with Luzap's take.

I've always put the blame on Huard and will continue to do so.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 09:38 AM
To which Whitlock article are you referring, Mr. Luzap?

FAX

You know, the one where he bashes Carl, makes up some terrible pun on a player's name and then talks about how he ate an entire fried chicken plus steak.

dirk digler
09-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Sorry Luzap but running up the gut 70% of the time is not an aggressive game plan unless you are Herm Jr.

FAX
09-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I guess I don't understand. Why would the King of Swing start yelling at himself?

FAX

Iowanian
09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I still wager that Croyle is the starter at home....week 5 after Huard cries because of Sandy eggo's pass rush.

ChiefGator
09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
I pretty much agree. I think they are all calling downfield passes. You think Solari is dreaming up ways to complete another 4 yard pass to Kris Wilson? We are a conservative run-first offense (without the horses perhaps), but we aren't a completely moronic-first offense by design.

I DO blame the coaches for not getting Croyle in there. Sit Huard for a possession here, or there. Tell him we need to also build the future. I don't know. I don't care. I really think Croyle would be a benefit to LJ right now.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Why is Huard afraid to throw downfield?

That's coaching, folks. Herm has indoctrinated QBs to automatically throw to the check-down receiver -- that's what Herm is all about -- avoid risks even if there is substantial upside, and that is why Herm is a loser and always will be. Herm's philosophy will always fail against the good coaches.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 09:45 AM
how is this just not another opinion?

Laz
doesn't see how the record is any straighter now than before.....

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 09:49 AM
Why is Huard afraid to throw downfield?

That's coaching, folks. Herm has indoctrinated QBs to automatically throw to the check-down receiver -- that's what Herm is all about -- avoid risks even if there is substantial upside, and that is why Herm is a loser and always will be. Herm's philosophy will always fail against the good coaches.

Herm is tha debbil!! I bet he eats chicken-fried steak, too!

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Sorry Luzap but running up the gut 70% of the time is not an aggressive game plan unless you are Herm Jr.

His point is, the running up the gut 70% of the time is a result of poor decisions by our shitty QB not the original game plan. I have to admit, I have been guilty of thinking that Herm and Solari absolutely have no ****ing clue whatsoever when it comes to offense but if what Luzap and Blob Gretz say are true, (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/26/gretz_the_people_problem/) maybe they were calling the ridiculous running plays because they lost confidence in Hu'tard. I know they arent offensive geniuses, but NOBODY could be stupid enough to call those plays without a reason.

For the record, I hate Herm Edwards and even if Luzap is right he's still the worse coach in the league. :harumph:

crazycoffey
09-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Nice take, and I never take anything JWhit says seriously, he's a dipshit.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I still wager that Croyle is the starter at home....week 5 after Huard cries because of Sandy eggo's pass rush.Yeah, that's a conspiracy theory that I hope holds some water, that Huard was just the sacrificial lamb for the first quarter of the year.how is this just not another opinion?

Laz
doesn't see how the record is any straighter now than before.....Pretty much.

And why would what coaches or players have to say be any more or less valid than the media; it's not like they don't have an agenda, too...

HemiEd
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I watched the game for the third time last night, slow motioned and rewound a lot of it.
My conclusion: Huard is just plain scared of a couple things. He is scared of getting hit, he is scared of throwing an interception.

He threw two deep sideline routes to Kris Wilson, both were impossibly out of bounds, way out.
He would also panic when he was about to get hit.
Kyle Turley sucks.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 10:00 AM
His point is, the running up the gut 70% of the time is a result of poor decisions by our shitty QB not the original game plan. I have to admit, I have been guilty of thinking that Herm and Solari absolutely have no ****ing clue whatsoever when it comes to offense but if what Luzap and Blob Gretz say are true, (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/09/26/gretz_the_people_problem/) maybe they were calling the ridiculous running plays because they lost confidence in Hu'tard. I know they arent offensive geniuses, but NOBODY could be stupid enough to call those plays without a reason.

For the record, I hate Herm Edwards and even if Luzap is right he's still the worse coach in the league. :harumph:
wow ..... this has turned into a full blown "throw Huard under the bus" campaign.

who wanted Huard over Green from Day 1?

who decided to simplify the offense?

who's deciding to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down which throws us into a difficult 3rd and long every series?

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 10:04 AM
wow ..... this has turned into a full blown "throw Huard under the bus" campaign.

who's deciding to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down which throws us into a difficult 3rd and long every series?

For me its a throw Huard, Herm,and CP under the bus campaign.

Micjones
09-26-2007, 10:06 AM

That's why it's hard to wrap my head around this explanation of what happened. They ran the ball repeatedly against an 8-man front. The same thing the SAME STAFF did in last year's playoff loss.

There's nothing aggressive about that.

Furthermore, it seems a bit curious that Huard all of a sudden saw the value in going upfield. Especially since he was able to do so very well in the Second Half.

I don't buy it.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 10:08 AM
For me its a throw Huard, Herm,and CP under the bus campaign.
fair enough ..... i think you have to hold them all accountable for it.

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 10:10 AM

Thank you. Let's be honest, here. The reason Herm didn't want Trent Green around is because he wouldn't always check-down. Complaining that Huard is always checking-down is ironic -- that's why Herm picked him over Green and Croyle.

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you. Let's be honest, here. The reason Herm didn't want Trent Green around is because he wouldn't always check-down. Complaining that Huard is always checking-down is ironic -- that's why Herm picked him over Green and Croyle.

ROFL

HemiEd
09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
That's why it's hard to wrap my head around this explanation of what happened. They ran the ball repeatedly against an 8-man front. The same thing the SAME STAFF did in last year's playoff loss.

There's nothing aggressive about that.

Furthermore, it seems a bit curious that Huard all of a sudden saw the value in going upfield. Especially since he was able to do so very well in the Second Half.

I don't buy it.

Go back and watch the first play of the game again. It was about 25-30 yard pass to TG right down the middle of the field. Overthrown.
I think Luzap's explanation fits with what I saw.
Huard started following instructions once he realized he was about to lose his job IMO.

Delano
09-26-2007, 10:13 AM
LJ's recent interview about bum play-calling kind of dispels this argument.

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 10:15 AM

The reason Herm didnt want Green around here is because everyone respected Green and the team couldnt completely be "Hermified" until he was gone. Since we dont seem to care about our future, I would love to have Green back. Trent may not be as good as he used to be, but I guaran-****ing-tee we would have more than 26 ponts in offense so far.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 10:16 AM

Herm picked shit, The King chose our starting QB.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
agreed

HemiEd
09-26-2007, 10:17 AM
The reason Herm didnt want Green around here is because everyone respected Green and the team couldnt completely be "Hermified" until he was gone. Since we dont seem to care about our future, I would love to have Green back. Trent may not be as good as he used to be, but I guaran-****ing-tee we would have more than 26 ponts in offense so far.

Yep, Trent only knows the Circus offense, much like Terry Shea. They had to go so he could install the Dick Curl/Herm Edwards snitch offense.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Herm picked shit, The King chose our starting QB.
then Herm is a big fat pozzy

InChiefsHeaven
Why do you think Trent wanted to get the **** out?

pikesome

Trent hasn't been tearing it up in Miami.

InChiefsHeaven
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Trent hasn't been tearing it up in Miami.

Less weapons in Miami. The thing is, if you were going to keep a veteran, you keep Green. Only reason Green is not here is because he saw the writing on the wall that Croyle was the guy. Then Herm (Carl) got cold feet and went with the more "reliable" veteran.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
then Herm is a big fat pozzy

Maybe but when your boss makes a decision you don't like what do you do? Quit? I'm guessing that quitting over something like this wouldn't be well thought of in the NFL. Herm's still at fault because he should have been able to get a working O of some sort even with Huard in but Herm told us in January who he wanted to start.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Less weapons in Miami. The thing is, if you were going to keep a veteran, you keep Green. Only reason Green is not here is because he saw the writing on the wall that Croyle was the guy. Then Herm (Carl) got cold feet and went with the more "reliable" veteran.

I don't think it was cold feet, ditching Green was a fine move if your playing Croyle. Paying Huard the money they are says the same thing. But, all of a sudden, Huard's starting after what has to be called an inconclusive "QB competition". Every move up till Huard starting says that Herm was planning on Croyle starting even if he needed growing time.

keg in kc
09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
then Herm is a big fat pozzyProblem is, what's he supposed to do? Peterson's his boss...

Bitch to the media? Start Croyle anyway?

I'm still clinging to the faint hope that Huard's nothing more than the sacrificial lamb until the string of home games after the SD contest.

Micjones
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Go back and watch the first play of the game again. It was about 25-30 yard pass to TG right down the middle of the field. Overthrown.
I think Luzap's explanation fits with what I saw.
Huard started following instructions once he realized he was about to lose his job IMO.

I'm sure there were other pass plays.
Huard completed one pass of over 15 yards in the First Half if memory serves.

Again, the problem with this theory is how often they ran the ball against an 8-man front.

That and I don't believe that Huard suddenly became confident enough to go downfield.

Chiefnj2
09-26-2007, 10:41 AM
A couple of 30 second clips on Hard Knocks has everyone convinced Herm wanted Croyle and it is all King Carl's fault that Huard is starting.

Herm (foot shuffling porter, part deux) is not a risk taker. Croyle presents a risk. Herm had a part, and still has a part, in the QB decision.

Fish
09-26-2007, 10:46 AM

A "Hermified" offense? You mean like passing more than running? Because that's what we've done this year. We're passing the ball 56.6% of the time.

And you know what..... Miami is only passing 38.3% of the time.... but yeah... go ahead and guaran-****ing-tee whatever....

DaKCMan AP
09-26-2007, 10:48 AM
A couple of 30 second clips on Hard Knocks has everyone convinced Herm wanted Croyle and it is all King Carl's fault that Huard is starting.

Herm (foot shuffling porter, part deux) is not a risk taker. Croyle presents a risk. Herm had a part, and still has a part, in the QB decision.

Shhh... don't interrupt the various conspiracy-theories.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 10:50 AM

It was more than HK, Herm seemed to call Trent's job open prior to the Jax game last year. Then made comments that seemed to indicate, much like Green said, that the competition was weighted to Brodie. All of the TC reports had figured Croyle would start. Even his preseason performance, when compared to Huard's, shouldn't have required his benching, he made some mistakes but Herm had already laid the "rookie mistakes" groundwork to prepare people for them. Everything the team had done up until Huard was announced as the starter implied that Croyle was starting and that they expected growing pains. It seems unlikely that Herm, if he really is a pussy, would have waited so long to puss out unless he had help from above.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Problem is, what's he supposed to do? Peterson's his boss...

Bitch to the media? Start Croyle anyway?

I'm still clinging to the faint hope that Huard's nothing more than the sacrificial lamb until the string of home games after the SD contest.
true ...... but this isn't a normal job situation.

coaches have refuse to fire their assistants etc many times before

the chiefs can fire him ....... then Herm and take his huge money settlement and go lounge on the beach if he really wanted to.

it's not like McDonalds where they fire you and get jack squat.

Carl wanted Herm ... he's got a big fat contract

Herm didn't want Green ..... Green is gone
If Herm doesn't want Huard then he's on the bench

Every time there is bad draft pick people come out of the woodwork and talk about how Carl lets his coaches make decisions about the players.

Now all the sudden Carl is deciding who to start at QB????

FringeNC
09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
true ...... but this isn't a normal job situation.

coaches have refuse to fire their assistants etc many times before

the chiefs can fire him ....... then Herm and take his huge money settlement and go lounge on the beach if he really wanted to.

it's not like McDonalds where they fire you and get jack squat.

Carl wanted Herm ... he's got a big fat contract

Herm didn't want Green ..... Green is gone
If Herm doesn't want Huard then he's on the bench

Every time there is bad draft pick people come out of the woodwork and talk about how Carl lets his coaches make decisions about the players.

Now all the sudden Carl is deciding who to start at QB????

Yep. Herm is responsible, end of story.

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 11:03 AM
A "Hermified" offense? You mean like passing more than running? Because that's what we've done this year. We're passing the ball 56.6% of the time.

And you know what..... Miami is only passing 38.3% of the time.... but yeah... go ahead and guaran-****ing-tee whatever....

How Miami is using Trent has nothing to do with how our offense would look with Trent. Our O line would give him more time, and we have more weapons for him.

Did you ever consider that until the fourth quarter against the Viqueens, we have been playing from behind for all 3 games? I think that could have something to do with our pass/run ratio.
:hmmm:

Fish
09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
How Miami is using Trent has nothing to do with how our offense would look with Trent. Our O line would give him more time, and we have more weapons for him.

Did you ever consider that until the fourth quarter against the Viqueens, we have been playing from behind for all 3 games? I think that could have something to do with our pass/run ratio.

So Trent would be a totally different QB behind our stellar O Line??

We have more weapons for him? You mean all our experienced receivers? Or our pass-catching RB? Please explain all these weapons that are so much better than what Miami has....

Chiefnj2
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Here is what happened:
1. Huard came out looking sloppy and insecure. He panicked.

2. Herm and Solari immediately panicked and went into an ultraconservative shell.

3. The ultraconservative shell pissed off the players because it played 100% into the Vikings strength. They vented.

4. At halftime the coaching staff said we are going back to plan A.

5. The OL provided better pass protection and Huard didn't go mental. He was able to throw downfield and gameplan A slowly began to work.

HonestChieffan
09-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Reads like a Gretz re write.

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 11:31 AM
So Trent would be a totally different QB behind our stellar O Line??

We have more weapons for him? You mean all our experienced receivers? Or our pass-catching RB? Please explain all these weapons that are so much better than what Miami has.... I would take Gonzo, LJ, D-Bowe, and EK over Ronnie Brown, Marty Brown, Chris Chambers, and David Martin any day. And our O-line has been providing decent protection for our QB - they just cant run block worth a shit. It looks like Green is running for his life on almost every pass attempt with Miami, much like Culpepper and Harrington did last year.

My original point was if we were just going to play the old guy and not give Croyle a chance, we should have kept Green. I dont see how you could say Huard is better than Green with a straight face.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Here is what happened:
1. Huard came out looking sloppy and insecure. He panicked.

2. Herm and Solari immediately panicked and went into an ultraconservative shell.

3. The ultraconservative shell pissed off the players because it played 100% into the Vikings strength. They vented.

4. At halftime the coaching staff said we are going back to plan A.

5. The OL provided better pass protection and Huard didn't go mental. He was able to throw downfield and gameplan A slowly began to work.

I like this take. I'd rather see Croyle then Huard but a gameplan can be built around Huard that works. At least somewhat.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 11:33 AM
My original point was if we were just going to play the old guy and not give Croyle a chance, we should have kept Green. I dont see how you could say Huard is better than Green with a straight face.

They weren't going to "play the old guy".

Fish
09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I would take Gonzo, LJ, D-Bowe, and EK over Ronnie Brown, Marty Brown, Chris Chambers, and David Martin any day. And our O-line has been providing decent protection for our QB - they just cant run block worth a shit. It looks like Green is running for his life on almost every pass attempt with Miami, much like Culpepper and Harrington did last year.

Ha..... have you even looked at the stats?

Ronnie Brown is performing much better than LJ so far this year.... and he's doing it behind that Miami line you say is so bad. He's catching the ball too.

Chris Chambers already has 300+ yds this year. The Chiefs have ~560 total team passing yds.

And we weren't going into the season to play the old guy. Croyle couldn't win the job....

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Ha..... have you even looked at the stats?

Ronnie Brown is performing much better than LJ so far this year.... and he's doing it behind that Miami line you say is so bad. He's catching the ball too.

I said the Miami line isnt as good at pass protecting. I also said our line cant run block worth a shit. Whats the problem?

Chris Chambers already has 300+ yds this year. The Chiefs have ~560 total team passing yds.

Yeah - thats because he has Trent Green throwing him the ball, and we have Damon Hu'tard. :banghead:

At least Trent isnt scared of getting knocked on his ass, and actually goes through a couple progressions before he checks down. If Trent was our starter since day one, do you honestly think we would only have 26 points in three games?

Fish
09-26-2007, 12:11 PM
I said the Miami line isnt as good at pass protecting. I also said our line cant run block worth a shit. Whats the problem?

The problem is that this conversation started with you saying we have better weapons than Miami. I just posted evidence that I think proves otherwise. And an offensive line has more responsibilities than just pass protection. They have to run block as well. Miami's line is doing both better than our line.

Yeah - thats because he has Trent Green throwing him the ball, and we have Damon Hu'tard. :banghead:

At least Trent isnt scared of getting knocked on his ass, and actually goes through a couple progressions before he checks down. If Trent was our starter since day one, do you honestly think we would only have 26 points in three games?

I'm not supporting Huard. I don't like him. But that doesn't mean that Green would be better in the Chiefs offense. Personally, I think he wouldn't do any better than Huard, but I can't prove that.

the Talking Can
09-26-2007, 01:17 PM
....winning now....

...Carl wants us to win now...

Luz
keeps playing the same broken record...

win now

punch me in the face, please....now

the Talking Can
09-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah, that's a conspiracy theory that I hope holds some water, that Huard was just the sacrificial lamb for the first quarter of the year.Pretty much.

Play Huard for the first quarter of the season so that we are 1-3, while sacrificing 4 games of experience and confidence and timing that Croyle could have?

then start Croyle cold after 4 weeks of second team snaps, and make the WRs adjust to a new QB a quarter of the way into a season?

that's just stupid enough to be right...that's exactly how stupid this frachise is, in fact...

TEX
09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Play Huard for the first quarter of the season so that we are 1-3, while sacrificing 4 games of experience and confidence and timing that Croyle could have?

then start Croyle cold after 4 weeks of second team snaps, and make the WRs adjust to a new QB a quarter of the way into a season?

that's just stupid enough to be right...that's exactly how stupid this frachise is, in fact...

So your "Last Word" was only specific to that particular thread I see...

the Talking Can
09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
So your "Last Word" was only specific to that particular thread I see...

just when I think I've escaped, the stupidity of this franchise and True Fans pulls me back in...

ChiefaRoo
09-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Carl and Herm must go.

TEX
09-26-2007, 05:00 PM
just when I think I've escaped, the stupidity of this franchise and True Fans pulls me back in...

ROFL

Oh - I thought you were obsessed or something...