PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Vick tested Positive for pot

DTLB58
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Per ESPN News:

He gave a urine sample on September 13th and the results came back positive for pot.

Hydrae
09-26-2007, 11:15 AM
So? It's not like he is actually "in" the league right now.

chagrin
09-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Not only that - how is this "breaking"? Hasn't he been high his entire life?

Direckshun
09-26-2007, 11:17 AM
He's just 9 kinds of special, isn't he?

DaFace
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Why does it matter? He's already suspended from the NFL, and it's not illegal to test positive for pot, as far as I know.

jidar
09-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Just think, if you had a Kryptonite cross, you could keep away both Superman and Dracula.

Fish
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Totally shocking! Who possibly could have guessed.....

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2007, 11:19 AM
So ****ing what. The guys career is most likely toast at this point. If I lost that much money I would want to :bong: too.

Mr. Laz
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Why does it matter? He's already suspended from the NFL, and it's not illegal to test positive for pot, as far as I know.
it's illegal to grow it
it's illegal to buy it
it's illegal to sell it
it's illegal to use it
it's illegal have it in your possession

but it's not illegal to test positive for having ingested it

curious :hmmm:

Valiant
09-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Well since he is suspended by the NFL and not been able to practice or be there for a while why was he tested???

pikesome
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM

Depends on if he had conditions on his bail or something else like that. They drug test parolees and can and will violate them if the tests come back positive. Also can't be a good message to send to the judge that you're out doing other illegal things while waiting on sentencing.

DaFace
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
it's illegal to grow it
it's illegal to buy it
it's illegal to sell it
it's illegal to use it

I'm not 100% sure about it, but I've never heard of anyone being in legal trouble after a positive test. Employers can use it to screen people, but I've never heard of anyone being arrested after testing positive. Then again, I'm not all that familiar with the process.

I think that part of the issue is that there are a number of legitimate things that can cause false positives, so any attempt to convict someone based on a drug test wouldn't easily hold up in court.

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Its not against the law to test positive for any drug unless you are on probation/parole.

jidar
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Its not against the law to test positive for any drug unless you are on probation/parole.

Vick is on probation as part of his plea agreement.
What a ****ing idiot

DaFace
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Depends on if he had conditions on his bail or something else like that. They drug test parolees and can and will violate them if the tests come back positive. Also can't be a good message to send to the judge that you're out doing other illegal things while waiting on sentencing.

That would make sense.

chiefqueen
09-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Well since he is suspended by the NFL and not been able to practice or be there for a while why was he tested???

I may be all wet, but it may have something to do with him not having to be incarcerated while awaiting sentencing.

DaFace
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20994016/

Vick reportedly tests positive for marijuana
Falcons quarterback will have more restrictions placed on his movement

Just one day after an additional indictment in a state court on dogfighting charges, a federal judge in Virginia on Wednesday imposed stricter release conditions on suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick after he tested positive for marijuana use, NBC News reported.

Vick, who pleaded guilty in August to a federal dogfighting charge, is awaiting sentencing on Dec. 10. Vick and three co-defendants face of up to five years in prison on the federal charges.

Probation officer, Patricia Locket-Ross, petitioned Judge Henry E. Hudson to impose stricter pretrial release conditions on Vick after he submitted a urine sample on September 13, which tested positive for marijuana.

Today Judge Hudson ordered that Vick submit to any method of testing, "for determining whether the defendant is using a prohibited substance." Hudson also ordered the suspended football star to be restricted to his Virginia residence everyday from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am. This home confinement, said the judge in a court filing, "will include electronic monitoring." He ordered Vick to pick up the bill for the service. And the judge ordered him to continue in a substance therapy program and participate in mental health counseling.

Yesterday Vick and the three co-defendants were indicted again, this time on state charges stemming from their operation of a dogfighting ring at Vick's property in Virginia.

A grand jury in Surry County, Va., indicted Vick on one count of beating or killing or causing dogs to fight other dogs and one count of engaging in or promoting dogfighting.

He faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted, time that could be served in addition to the 12 to 18 months he is expected to receive in December as a result of his guilty plea on similar charges in federal court.

Rocky Mtn Stampede
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Can't we just let the brother smoke his shit in peace. Damn, if any of us had his troubles, we would be burnin a shitload of bud, too.

MTG#10
09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Can't we just let the brother smoke his shit in peace. Damn, if any of us had his troubles, we would be burnin a shitload of bud, too.

I wouldnt. Pot makes me paranoid enough as it is. If I was facing what Vick's facing, getting high would probably give me nervous breakdown.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
I wonder if it was some of that good "Rickey Williams Sh*t" he was smoking?? Not your everday run of the mill weed.

Sully
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Seth Meyers: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport, Thursday, that smelled like marijuana. Vick was stopped by security, cut left, broke a tackle, and was finally brought down after gaining 22 yards.

Michael Vick's alleged attempt to bring marijuana onto a plane raises many questions. Questions we will now address in a new segment on "Weekend Update", called "Really?!? with Seth & Amy."

[ show title card ]

[ dissolve back to Amy and Seth at the desk ]

Seth Meyers: Michael Vick? Really?!? You didn't want to throw your weed away before you went through security? Really?!? You have 117 million dollars left on your contract. Do you know what 117 million dollars means? You can afford to replace your weed if you have to throw it away at the airport. [ audience cheers ] Really! Even my dumbest high school friends know to throw their weed away at the airport, and they have NO MONEY and LOVE weed!

Amy Poehler: And you got caught at the Miami Airport? Really? You didn't think they would check for drugs at the airport in Miami? Really?!?

Seth Meyers: And, also, I don't know if you've heard, but you can't bring bottled water past security any more. So you hid your weed -- which is not allowed on a plane -- in another thing that is not allowed on a plane. [ audience cheers ] That's like hiding your weed in the barrel of a gun or in the mouth of an endangered species. Really?

Amy Poehler: Really? And it never occurred to you to put it in a Ziploc bag and sink it to the bottom of a shampoo bottle in your checked luggage, like we all do? Really?!?"

Seth Meyers: And, Michael Vick, do you not have an entourage? Really?!? Because you should put together an entourage, and the first guy in that entourage should be called "Michael Vick's Official Weed Carrier." Really!

Amy Poehler: A-and, also -- you were flying back to Atlanta. Where you live. Do you not keep weed at your house? Really?!? Because, if you like weed, you should have some at your house. Really! [ audience cheers ]

Seth Meyers: Really! So, really, Michael Vick, throw your weed away. I know you're a running quarterback, but throw.. it.. away! Really!

Amy Poehler: Wow!

Seth Meyers: Wow!

[ show title card ]

Announcer: This has been "Really?!? with Seth & Amy."

DTLB58
09-26-2007, 12:01 PM
So? It's not like he is actually "in" the league right now.

Oh, that's right. I forgot we don't talk about non football issue on CP.

Hydrae
09-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Oh, that's right. I forgot we don't talk about non football issue on CP.

No, I just don't see this as a big deal. If he was in the league, sure it is an issue. As it is, I don't care quite honestly.

Chief Chief
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Can we just imagine what MV's die-hard supporters are saying right now?

"Hey! Don't bring down a brutha'! Nobody would be comin' down this hard on a white dude doin' this same (stuff)! Besides, look where Michael's coming from: He was raised this way! He shouldn't have to change his ways to fit into today's modern-day, first-class society even though he's gettin' paid millions and livin' there! He's sorry for gettin' caught and has said so, so isn't that not only enough but MORE THAN ENOUGH? Now, we know Michael was just tryin' to get his friends takin' care of by buyin' the property and equipment for dog-fightin' but that was so they wouldn't keep moochin' off of him. We don't know why he instead couldn't have jus' purchased them a regular business place serving the normal needs of our society..y'know, like a 7-Eleven or a McDonald's..but who are we to even try to influence, yet alone tell, Michael as to what to do? In fact, we prefer the actions he took so as to keep our deep-South cultural roots and ties strong! He's jus' bein' made out as the national scapegoat for all people across the country who are involved in drugs and dog-fightin', and that's jus' not right at all! Free Michael and get the ones who are the true heavyweights of these so-called crimes!"

Bob Dole
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
No, I just don't see this as a big deal. If he was in the league, sure it is an issue. As it is, I don't care quite honestly.

That's a side effect of being stoned.

jAZ
09-26-2007, 12:30 PM
He's s dumbass. He's pending sentencing on serious felony charges and he gets busted for smoking pot.

I don't care that he does, but it's yet another "bad judgement" from the guy. The judge can use this against him in sentencing. In theory, the NFL can use it against him in their decision to let him back in.

Were it legal, maybe not. But it's illegal.

Dumbass.

teedubya
09-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Wait, I don't have any drug tests coming up do I?

StcChief
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Vick is working his way to the CFL anyway

sedated
09-26-2007, 01:00 PM
it's illegal to grow it
it's illegal to buy it
it's illegal to sell it
it's illegal to use it

I heard somewhere that urine that has tested positive for drugs can be considered a controlled substance.

But I don't buy that, becuase its not the drug you test positive for, its the byproducts

Inspector
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
I heard somewhere that urine that has tested positive for drugs can be considered a controlled substance.

But I don't buy that, becuase its not the drug you test positive for, its the byproducts

I don't blame you. I would never buy urine either.

You might hit a bump and spill it.

jAZ
09-26-2007, 01:09 PM
The next coming of Casey Printers?!!!?!

Ultra Peanut
09-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I hope this mistake doesn't ruin his reputation.

Brock
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM

He's going to have plenty of peace now that his football career is over. He can now begin the Mike Tyson phase of his life.

TrebMaxx
09-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Isn't he actually still in the league, just suspended? I mean he is still under contract. I think this gives the NFL even more fuel to outright ban him. I wonder if he realizes yet how badly his career is ruined.

Kclee
09-26-2007, 01:40 PM

That reminds me, I heard that some bank in Canada is sueing vick over a $2 mil. loan that he isn't paying back.

Yep, here it is:

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=219170&hubname=

TORONTO - The legal woes of former NFL superstar quarterback Michael Vick took an unexpected Canadian twist Tuesday as the country's biggest financial institution, the Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY), revealed in court documents it's suing the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback for more than US$2.3 million.

The Toronto-based bank, which also does business in the U.S. South under its RBC Centura banner, is arguing that Vick's guilty plea on federal dogfighting charges and the resulting impact on his career have prevented him from repaying money he borrowed.

Vick borrowed $2.5 million from the Royal's private banking arm in January, with plans to use the money for real estate investments, the Toronto-based bank said in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newport News, Va.

Vick, from the Virginia community, now lives in Hampton, Va.

Details of the Royal Bank lawsuit came Tuesday as Vick was also indicted on state charges - on top of his guilty plea last month on federal charges - related to a dogfighting ring operated on his Surry County property in Virginia.

In its lawsuit, Royal Bank said the loan's terms specify that any employment change reducing Vick's income constitutes a default on the loan.

"The defendant has been suspended by the National Football League from his employment as a quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons, or his employment is otherwise in jeopardy as a result of a plea bargain agreed to by the defendant in connection with criminal charges stemming from his involvement with a dog-fighting ring," the legal filing said.

"The criminal charges and resulting impact on the defendant's employment constitute a material adverse change in the employment, performance, condition or prospects of the defendant which materially affect the his ability to repay the term note, and therefore constitute an event of default."

Vick, the bank alleges, also failed to "promptly provide" a semi-annual personal financial statement, as well as disclosure of his liquid assets.

Yet Vick has taken certain advances from the term note, accuring interest and other fees or costs, the filings says.

Royal is demanding "immediate payment in full" of $2,313,694.37, plus $499 in interest per day, starting Sept. 19, as well as lawyer's fees.

An Royal Bank spokeswoman in Toronto declined to comment on the case, citing client confidentiality. Lawyers for Vick and the Royal Bank were not immediately available for comment.

Vick, who already pleaded guilty in a U.S. federal court last month to a dogfighting conspiracy charge and is awaiting sentencing on Dec. 10, was also indicted Tuesday on state charges related to a dogfighting ring operated on his Surry County property.

He has admitted helping kill six to eight dogs and faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced in December. He has been indefinitely suspended without pay and has lost all his major sponsors, including Nike.

The case began in late April when authorities conducting a drug investigation of Vick's cousin raided the former Virginia Tech star's property and seized dozens of dogs, most of them pit bulls, and equipment commonly associated with dogfighting.

Six weeks later, with the local investigation perceived to be dragging and a search warrant allowed to expire, federal agents arrived with their own search warrants and started digging up dog carcasses buried days before the first raid.

Vick, a quarterback who was a star during his collegiate playing days at Virginia Tech University, signed the richest contract in NFL history in 2004, a 10-year deal that paid him $130 million.

However, default provisions of the contract and his suspension by the NFL, could cost him up to $100 million in lost revenues, some experts estimate.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM

OMG, that is the dumbest thing I've ever read in like my life!! ROFL ROFL

AWESOME!!! "it's not illegal to test positive for pot" ROFL ROFL

great stuff.

Boon
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM

Then why did you click on and read this thread?

kc rush
09-26-2007, 03:14 PM
What a retart. Between Mikey and Marcus, momma Vick must be proud.

Frazod
09-26-2007, 03:16 PM
I'll take Douchebags I'm Tired of Hearing About for $1,000, Alex.

FAX
09-26-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm just darn glad he didn't test positive for canine hemoglobin.

FAX

BIG_DADDY
09-26-2007, 03:51 PM
DOGPILE!!! Oh nevermind.

Predarat
09-26-2007, 06:24 PM
This is a HUGE surprise. NOT! hahahhah

DaFace
09-26-2007, 07:06 PM
OMG, that is the dumbest thing I've ever read in like my life!! ROFL ROFL

AWESOME!!! "it's not illegal to test positive for pot" ROFL ROFL

great stuff.

Are you saying that I'm incorrect? I don't know, honestly, but I've never heard of anyone being punished in any way for testing positive aside from employer/probation-related consequences. I've looked around, and every description I can find of marijuana law lists "posession, cultivation, sale, and use" as being illegal, but not failing a drug test.

Easy 6
09-26-2007, 08:02 PM
If i was facing ATLEAST a year in the Federal clink, i'd wanna fire up some killer too.

Having said that, what a MONUMENTALLY stupid thing to do...he was likely facing only a year, but you can BET the judge will remember this at sentencing time.

I honestly think this explains a good deal of his NFL struggles, maybe it mostly wasnt that "the system didnt fit him"..."they're stifling his natural ability/forcing him to stay in the pocket too much" etc.

Its starting to look like, just like Wrecks Grossman...that he's a mental midget.

dtebbe
09-26-2007, 08:04 PM
In other news the exhumed body of Athur Bryant tested positive for pork fat.

DT

a1na2
09-26-2007, 08:42 PM

I don't think anyone would do that, only id-10-Ts would be doing that. someone that has no respect for 1) the law 2) his profession and 3) himself is always going to do whatever feels good, they just don't care.

99+% of the fans would not think that the time was ripe to smoke a joint if they were as deep in shit as Vick is.

pikesome
09-26-2007, 08:49 PM
I don't think anyone would do that, only id-10-Ts would be doing that. someone that has no respect for 1) the law 2) his profession and 3) himself is always going to do whatever feels good, they just don't care.

99+% of the fans would not think that the time was ripe to smoke a joint if they were as deep in shit as Vick is.

I'm sure someone around him had to know that there would be a test. The judge probably mentioned it in the instructions for the probation.

Lonewolf Ed
09-26-2007, 08:53 PM
I wonder what he will do to go for the trifecta?

Buck
09-26-2007, 08:56 PM
I wonder if he used Cubans to roll his blunts???

blaise
09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
He said he was going to turn to God for comfort. I guess he was looking for him in the bottom of a bong.

cadmonkey
09-27-2007, 05:53 AM

Its probably part of his conditions of release.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Maybe if he smoked more before.. he wouldn't be in all of this mess! :)