PDA

View Full Version : Foxsports.com - Edwards vs. Turner at Stratego

The Franchise
09-26-2007, 05:37 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7265078

I just thought this was pretty funny...

Chiefs at Chargers: Can you imagine Herm Edwards and Norv Turner playing "Stratego"?

Edwards: I've got a great Field Marshal. I'm gonna run him right up the middle. Right up the middle, between those two lakes, with no other pieces supporting him. Gonna do it 416 times, run him right over your army. Try to stop him. Just try to stop him.

Turner: Well, I've been using the same strategy for 15 years, since back when I had that special "Stratego" set in Dallas with three Field Marshals, four Generals, and five extra bombs to defend my flag. Everybody thought I was a genius then, so there's no reason for me to change now.

Edwards: Where are my Lieutenants? Where are they? I can't find them. How much time do I have to make my move? Oh no, timeout! Timeout!

Turner: My Miners don't really feel like defusing bombs today. No big deal. I'll let them make their own rules. I'm not worried. If I get fired, some terrible team will hire me as an "Uno" coordinator.

Edwards: A spy got my Marshal. Who's in charge of the army now? Here we go. You want to ask, so ask. We play to capture the flag. It's that simple. We play ... to capture ... the flag.

And so on. Two of the NFL's less scintillating strategists face off on Sunday, but only one has real talent at his disposal. The Chargers are on a two-game skid, but their early schedule was brutal. Don't overreact to losses to the angry Patriots and surprising Packers, the Chargers are still pretty good. The Chiefs were lucky to beat a Vikings team whose starting quarterback worked for a different team six weeks ago.

The Chargers will win this week, but the schedule ahead features several more tough opponents, including the Broncos, Colts, Jaguars and Ravens. There are probably two losses in there. When Turner and Edwards square off again in Week 13, they won't be playing "Stratego". They'll be playing "Sorry."

MichaelH
09-26-2007, 05:41 PM
So basically both teams suck but the Chargers win only because we have more of a dim whit at head coach. Awesome. :banghead:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-26-2007, 05:46 PM
If we can't buy a full page ad in the Star, could we at least buy Herm Madden '08 and show him how to use the "Ask Madden" feature??

BigMeatballDave
09-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I like how they added the Broncos in as a tough team. They are no better than KC or SD, maybe even worse...