PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Racially Motivated Beating in Norfolk!

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 05:43 AM
http://www.koco.com/video/14202233/index.html

Never mind, the attackers weren't white so it must have just been coincidental.

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 05:54 AM
It says a lot about the parents, that they moved to West Oceanview because it "seemed like a nice place to live". When I was in the Navy I delivered pizza's for Papa John's in this area, and we didn't deliver to Ocean View after 10pm.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/paging-al-sharpton-boy-beaten-by-blacks

Norfolk Beating Caught on Tape
Filed by Katie Collett

A violent beating in Norfolk is caught on tape. The 13 year-old victim and his family believe the attack could have been racially motivated.

The victim in this case is a 13 year-old white boy, Damien O’Rourke. The group who attacked him is made up of all African American teenagers. Damien and his family believe the teens may have picked the fight because Damien is white.

“I was going to play football with my friends. The next thing I know when I got there, there was like, seven black kids who said they were going to beat me up and they started beating me up,” says Damien.

Damien and his family say the violent fight was unprovoked.

“They were kicking me and punching me in the face. They weren’t aiming for nothing except my face.”

Damien and his family just moved to the area thinking it’d be a nice place to live.

“We don’t know what we’re going to do now because we can’t even let our kid go outside and play,” says Reesha Price, Damien’s mother.

Reesha says she got the call Saturday afternoon saying Damien was badly beaten just blocks away from their home. When she reached her 13 year-old son, her heart broke. She saw a bloodied and swollen face.

“He was dazed. It makes your stomach hurt. It makes your stomach hurt. There’s no, I mean I was just thanking God his head wasn’t split open.”

Damien says kids at his new school, including one of the kids involved in the fight, treated him badly for a time because he is white. Now his family believes their skin color could have been what led to the first punch being thrown.

“I do kind of think it was racist. I think if he was black he wouldn’t have gotten beat up like that,” says Reesha.

We saw Norfolk police interviewing people in the area of the fight and they said their Gang Unit will get in touch with the family Monday morning. In the meantime, Damien is planning to go to school on Monday.

And this update, also from WAVY TV 10:

UPDATE - Police identify three suspects in taped beating
Sep 24, 2007

Norfolk Police say they’ve identified three of the people seen beating a 13-year-old in a videotape shown to WAVY.com by the victim’s mother.

According to a spokesperson, Investigators from the Gang Squad have identified 3 of the suspects, and are in the process of identifying the other individuals involved.

They say charges will be filed against all of those involved. They also say that the victim, Damien O’Rourke, knew at least one of the assailants. Police said investigators are also trying to determine what circumstances occurred leading up to the assault.

They also said that, contrary to some statements, the assault does not appear to be racially motivated according to information gathered by investigators that we are unable to release.

Simplex3
09-27-2007, 05:59 AM
They also said that, contrary to some statements, the assault does not appear to be racially motivated according to information gathered by investigators that we are unable to release.
Huh. Doesn't look like the cops think they're equipped to handle a full blown riot in their area.

Garcia Bronco
09-27-2007, 06:22 AM
I ran into a few of those clowns growing up. That's why you don't go to Norfolk.

Iowanian
09-27-2007, 06:33 AM
Its a hate crime and should be prossecuted that way.

If a group of 7-8 white thugs piss pounded one of the only black kids in the school....what exactly would the good Reverend's of TV land be calling for?

Another thing.....why the hell do so many urban thugs feel the need to attack in a pack? For Crimeny sake....its 1, lone, 13 year old white kid.....not Jet Li.

Simplex3
09-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Another thing.....why the hell do so many urban thugs feel the need to attack in a pack? For Crimeny sake....its 1, lone, 13 year old white kid.....not Jet Li.
Maybe it's just that they're too lazy to do the entire beating by themselves, but they're motivated enough to do 1/7 of a beating.

Al Bundy
09-27-2007, 06:46 AM
That is definitely a racial motivated attack.

Simplex3
09-27-2007, 06:55 AM
That is definitely a racial motivated attack.
No it's not. It can't be. Move along, nothing to see here.[/police chief]

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-27-2007, 07:09 AM
You never see a black kid fight one on one. I grew up in Independence and have plenty of experience with blacks. They hate it when you pull out the ole shotgun.

shyguyms
09-27-2007, 07:10 AM
they are a bnch of gutless thug hoodlams, and yes they should make it a hate crime thats what it was.
Also can someone tell that kid that was doing all the swinging that he throws a punch like a little girl.

chagrin
09-27-2007, 07:16 AM
Maybe it's just that they're too lazy to do the entire beating by themselves, but they're motivated enough to do 1/7 of a beating.

They aren't motivated to putll their damned pants up either, but I suppose we are uspposed to understand and celebrate diversity, aren't we.

Simply Red
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
who dey?

the Talking Can
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
this thread is going places...

stevieray
09-27-2007, 07:19 AM
I think we might see more of these kinds of attacks...considering rap has been endorsing violence for fifteen years.

MOhillbilly
09-27-2007, 07:19 AM
so what.

BigRedChief
09-27-2007, 07:20 AM
this thread is going places...
The wrong places :shake:

Duck Dog
09-27-2007, 07:22 AM
There is no such thing as black on white racially motivated crimes. :rolleyes:

Eleazar
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
Its a hate crime and should be prossecuted that way.

If a group of 7-8 white thugs piss pounded one of the only black kids in the school....what exactly would the good Reverend's of TV land be calling for?

Stringing up the kids, school admins, parents, the cops, the judges...

DJ_is_the_realdeal
09-27-2007, 07:28 AM
What happened was wrong and all those kids should go to prison for life. But for you guys to say that all black kids fight in packs is crazy. Because white people never do crap like this. So do you think as a black man I watched that video and was like "Get that white boy!" No I wasn't. It made me feel sick to my stomach because I have a 12 year old son and have friends white and black with sons that age. I would never want that to happen. Don't let some thugs have you generalizing all black people.

Duck Dog
09-27-2007, 07:33 AM
What happened was wrong and all those kids should go to prison for life. But for you guys to say that all black kids fight in packs is crazy. Because white people never do crap like this. So do you think as a black man I watched that video and was like "Get that white boy!" No I wasn't. It made me feel sick to my stomach because I have a 12 year old son and have friends white and black with sons that age. I would never want that to happen. Don't let some thugs have you generalizing all black people.

I doubt they ment all black guys, just the ones that fight. :p

Actually the Turks are known for fighting in groups. I got into it with a Turk at a club in Alsenjac, Izmir and before I knew it it was a full scall riot.

Back on topic though, if this white kid didn't do anything to deserve the beating, it has to be racial.

Lzen
09-27-2007, 07:34 AM
How is this breaking news? It's been on Fox News' site for several days.

jidar
09-27-2007, 07:34 AM

There are a lot of closet racists around here as you can see. They will swear they aren't but they never miss a chance to pile on against all the injustices they feel the white man is getting. Always the same people too.

In truth the attack may or may not have been racially motivated, it's something worth looking into, but nobody can say that it definitely was just based on what we see here.

Lzen
09-27-2007, 07:40 AM

It's because they are cowards. Pretty much all thug, gang member types are cowards.

Extra Point
09-27-2007, 07:45 AM
It's just plain sick that this crap happens, but it does. Update, original story, and Norfolk TV station WAVY report:

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?s=7117439

"UPDATE - Teens face charges in mob beating

Sep 25, 2007 03:36 PM CDT

Investigators say that by the end of the day they will have secured petitions against 5 teens in connection with a mob assault of a 13-year-old victim on Saturday.

Suspects range in age from 13-16. All of the teens are charged with Assault by Mob, a class one misdemeanor. They each face no more than 12 months in jail and a fine of not more than $2,500.

Investigators believe the altercation between 5 black teens and one white teen was not race related. They also believe that an earlier altercation escalated into an assault caught on video tape. They further determine that the incident was not gang-related.

Assault by Mob is a serious offense and all teens charged will have to answer for their action in a court of law."

Funny if a judge would rule that each of the perps when convicted would be sentenced to the same ordeal.

I don't give a shit if the kid beaten was white or black, but I give a shit as to that it happens. Where are the parents? No where to be found.

Lzen
09-27-2007, 07:49 AM
I agree that we can't say that it is racial until we see/hear all the evidence. I know this may be hard to fathom, but just because it happens to be a group of black kids beating up on a white kid doesn't mean it was because he is white. There may be a good chance that has something to do with it, but I don't think we can assume anything until all the facts come out.

Dartgod
09-27-2007, 07:50 AM
So who was video taping this attack and why the **** didn't they jump in to help the kid?

BigRedChief
09-27-2007, 07:53 AM
So who was video taping this attack and why the **** didn't they jump in to help the kid?
They watched Seinfeld's last episode before going outside?

Lzen
Good question. I guess I just assumed it was one of their friends. You know, filming so they can gain street cred.
:rolleyes: Maybe they were planning to put it up on youtube.

RP_McMurphy
Where's Al Sharpton? Where's Jesse Jackson? Calling all race Pimps to Norfolk!!!!!!!

Iowanian
09-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I want to clarify that I did not say all blacks do this, nor are they the only ones. I have seen rural white kids pile up 2-3 on one before...and have been under one of those piles in another town.

Someone was taping this, because they knew that particular group of clowns was about to dog pile a 13 year old kid....It should be treated exactly the same as it would if it were 7 white kids and a black kid. No less, no more.

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 07:59 AM
Good question. I guess I just assumed it was one of their friends. You know, filming so they can gain street cred.
:rolleyes: Maybe they were planning to put it up on youtube.

A seperate article said that another kid, (white), riding a skateboard nearby filmed the beating.

RP_McMurphy
09-27-2007, 08:01 AM
As far as Norfolk and the whole Hampton Roads area. You could bomb that area and I would be happy as can be.

ChiTown
09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Where's Al Sharpton? Where's Jesse Jackson? Calling all race Pimps to Norfolk!!!!!!!

Wha?

You mean you didn't see them in the background of the video cheering those young lads on?

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 09:53 AM
As far as Norfolk and the whole Hampton Roads area. You could bomb that area and I would be happy as can be.
With a population of 1.8 million, and over 300,000 of those being military and family I think bombing the entire area is a little extreme. There are some bad parts of town but the area is comparable to Kansas City. We have 1.9 million in our metro and our crime is very comparable, (I argue this with my wife who I moved to KC from VA Beach).

That's like seeing a kid get beat up on Quindaro and saying that we should bomb all of KC.

chop
09-27-2007, 09:56 AM

You know how this works...they won't make an appearance until the attackers are punished by the courts. That's when they'll show up. :p :) :rolleyes:

Mr. Plow
09-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I know this may be hard to fathom, but just because it happens to be a group of black kids beating up on a white kid doesn't mean it was because he is white.

I completely agree with that.....but, if the roles were reversed, would that still be a possibility to some people in this country? Or, would it be a bunch of KKK members jumped a defenseless black kid?

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Holy hell @ some of the stuff in this thread.

jAZ
09-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Should these kids be charged with attempted murder and face up to 100 years in prison without parole?

noa
09-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Black people beat up people like this

White people beat up people like this

ChiTown
09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
Holy hell @ some of the stuff in this thread.

This is quite pedestrian by comparison of some racial threads. Seriously.

jAZ
09-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Investigators believe ... that an earlier altercation escalated into an assault caught on video tape.
Shocked, I tell ya!

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 10:20 AM
This is quite pedestrian by comparison of some racial threads. Seriously.

Yeah, but there are still a few people who have yet to make an appearance in this thread. ;)

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Black people beat up people like this

White people beat up people like this

I got into an argument with a Korean kid one time. He threatened to fight me and I said, "What, just because you are Chinese I am supposed to think you know karate and be afraid of you?" He then kicked and hit me several times Mr. Miagi style.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
The kid is lucky to have escaped permanent injury or death, against that many people theres no way to defend yourself. An incredibly ugly clip.

Were this thing reversed, it would undoubtedly be classified as a racially motivated beating & i would want them all hammered under the law.

IMO, anyone who thinks otherwise is being dishonest with themselves & everyone else.

My hunch is that this was a by-product of the Jena 6 case.

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 10:37 AM
Were this thing reversed, it would undoubtedly be classified as a racially motivated beating & i would want them all hammered under the law.

Yup.

My hunch is that this was a by-product of the Jena 6 case.

wtf I just thought we agreed that assuming a racially motivated crime was wrong. >:o

Lzen
09-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I completely agree with that.....but, if the roles were reversed, would that still be a possibility to some people in this country? Or, would it be a bunch of KKK members jumped a defenseless black kid?

I know the media tends to jump on white on black crimes and ignore black on white crimes these days. So, you may be right about that. But that doesn't necessarily mean any of these crimes are racially motivated. And don't even get me started on hate crime legislation as I think it is ridiculously unnecessary.

BTW, in Sharpton's defense....they asked him about this the other day on Fox News and he said something to the effect that his organization would condemn these kids if race were indeed the motivation.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Yup.

wtf I just thought we agreed that assuming a racially motivated crime was wrong. >:o

WHA???

Sometimes i could swear that your the Mecca/Contrarian of social issues.

Lzen
09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Should these kids be charged with attempted murder and face up to 100 years in prison without parole?

They should be punished, but I hardly think this was attempted murder. That is way too extreme.

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 10:42 AM
WHA???

Sometimes i could swear that your the Mecca/Contrarian of social issues.

I thought you were complaining about people assuming white on black crimes were racially motivated. Were you not?

pikesome
09-27-2007, 10:50 AM
With a population of 1.8 million, and over 300,000 of those being military and family I think bombing the entire area is a little extreme. There are some bad parts of town but the area is comparable to Kansas City. We have 1.9 million in our metro and our crime is very comparable, (I argue this with my wife who I moved to KC from VA Beach).

That's like seeing a kid get beat up on Quindaro and saying that we should bomb all of KC.

That doesn't jive with my experiences at all. I lived in Newport News for about a year in 1998 and it was ass. The same with the other side of the bay. Maybe some places are nice but I never saw them.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I thought you were complaining about people assuming white on black crimes were racially motivated. Were you not?

IMO, pretty much any time you have 6 people of 1 color beating someone of a different color without being provoked...its racially motivated.

If it were reversed, white on black, it would just as disgusting.

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 11:50 AM
IMO, pretty much any time you have 6 people of 1 color beating someone of a different color without being provoked...its racially motivated.

If it were reversed, white on black, it would just as disgusting.

I agree, which is why I'm not sure why you said "if it were the other way around, it would be classified as racially motivated". You seem to be talking about a double standard, yet you acknowledged that it'd be racially motivated in either instance. Who were you complaining about? The media?

JohninGpt
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I wasn't there, I had nothing to do with it.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM
I agree, which is why I'm not sure why you said "if it were the other way around, it would be classified as racially motivated". You seem to be talking about a double standard, yet you acknowledged that it'd be racially motivated in either instance. Who were you complaining about? The media?

Yes...the media, city "leaders", the cops etc.

When you here about something like this, only reversed, its always a hate crime & of course it is. But when its black on white, its always..."whoa, whoa, whoa, lets not get ahead of ourselves".

Its blatantly obvious what went on here & all i'm asking is that it be called & prosecuted for what it was...a racially motivated hate crime.

Otter
09-27-2007, 11:59 AM
There are a lot of closet racists around here as you can see. They will swear they aren't but they never miss a chance to pile on against all the injustices they feel the white man is getting. Always the same people too.

In truth the attack may or may not have been racially motivated, it's something worth looking into, but nobody can say that it definitely was just based on what we see here.

Now, make those attackers white and make the victim a lone, skinny black boy getting the shit beat out of him by a groupl of white thugs and see how you feel about it.

If your trying to say there isn't a double standard your completely out of touch.

HolmeZz
I'm against hate crimes, but are you familiar with hate crime laws in Norfolk? Are there any?

Mr. Plow
I know the media tends to jump on white on black crimes and ignore black on white crimes these days. So, you may be right about that. But that doesn't necessarily mean any of these crimes are racially motivated. And don't even get me started on hate crime legislation as I think it is ridiculously unnecessary.

BTW, in Sharpton's defense....they asked him about this the other day on Fox News and he said something to the effect that his organization would condemn these kids if race were indeed the motivation.

That was my point. To me, it doesn't matter either way. White on Black or Black on White. Just because their are different colors does not necessarily mean it was about race. But, when you get to the point of 6 on 1, the race aspect should at least be looked at as a possibility.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Now, make those attackers white and make the victim a lone, skinny black boy getting the shit beat out of him and see how you feel about it. If your trying to say there isn't a double standard your completely out of touch.

There's a double standard from both sides. One side feels the need to blow up any black-on-white crimes to push their agenda, and one side blows up white-on-black crimes to push their agenda.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.

Whitey bad.

|Zach|
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
There is no such thing as black on white racially motivated crimes. :rolleyes:
Whoa.

Strawman.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2007, 12:04 PM
it's consider "cool" to record a group "beatdown" :shake:

it my day it was called "being a possy" cause you weren't man enough to fight on your own.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Whitey bad.

Dude, you need to get a grip. As soon as this thread was posted, generalities started flying out from everyone....

"Blacks only fight in groups, they're too afraid"

"The white man is getting screwed" and yada yada yada.

Sometimes this site makes me embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan.

Look, there exists a reality where both crimes, in Jena, and this one are completely heinous, and even if it were racially motivated on either side, making wholesale accusations about an entire race based upon a sample size that could fit comfortably in an SUV is a ridiculous and ignorant leap.

|Zach|
09-27-2007, 12:07 PM
As time goes on my support for the idea of hate crime designation lessens.

Donger
09-27-2007, 12:08 PM
http://www.koco.com/video/14202233/index.html

Never mind, the attackers weren't white so it must have just been coincidental.

How do you know that this was racially-motivated? Maybe the white kid is just an a$$hole?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Dude, you need to get a grip. As soon as this thread was posted, generalities started flying out from everyone....

Look, there exists a reality where both crimes, in Jena, and this one are completely heinous, and even if it were racially motivated on either side, making wholesale accusations about an entire race based upon a sample size that could fit comfortably in an SUV is a ridiculous and ignorant leap.
don't jesse jackson, farikan and all there cohorts do the same all the time?

whitey is starting to get pissed about this 1-way racism standard.

if the skin color were reversed there would be "no doubt" about whether it was racially motivated on not. Another million man march would already be on the horizon .... not to mention rumblings of a race riot some place in protest.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
don't jesse jackson, farikan and all there cohorts do the same all the time?

whitey is starting to get pissed about this 1-way racism standard.

if the skin color were reversed there would be "no doubt" about whether it was racially motivated on not. Another million man march would already be on the horizon .... not to mention rumblings of a race riot some place in protest.

So your theoretical "reversal" somehow makes it right?

Show me where I've supported Jesse Jackson or Farakhan.....

Just because you oppose one bad action doesn't mean that you're a good person.

Can't both stances be wrong and objectionable?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2007, 12:20 PM
So your theoretical "reversal" somehow makes it right?

Show me where I've supported Jesse Jackson or Farakhan.....

Just because you oppose one bad action doesn't mean that you're a good person.

Can't both stances be wrong and objectionable?
didn't say you supported anything ..... this isn't about you. This is about the subject matter of the thread.

yes, this beating is wrong no matter what the skin color.

using it as political statement isn't good for anyone either.

But the reality is Good for the Goose, Good for the Gander

as long as african america groups call racism at every opportunity and continue to try to use racism as a social power tool there will be backlash.

it's also happening with religion.....

as long as people go around hitting people upside the head with their bibles saying "i'm better than you ...... Repent!!!" there is going to be backlash when an incident happens on the religion side.

bash gays, then get caught toe-tapping in a bathroom stall ... backlash

condemn homosexuality then molest and altar boy ..... backlash.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2007, 12:23 PM
as long as african america groups call racism at every opportunity and continue to try to use racism as a social power tool there will be backlash.

So 6 kids being dickheads (and perhaps racists themselves) in Norfolk should overrule any other racist tendencies in our countries??

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Dumping me in with knee-jerkers is not a fair analysis.

I agree 100% that the generalities were'a flyin'. Me using the term "always" sounds like one too, but man, i'm having a hard time remembering a case that was different.

Jena was flat out wrong on all sides, its not so hard to imagine that a small town in Louisiana still has some heavy duty racial problems.

A "whites only tree"...wrong. Period.

Hanging nooses???...wrong. Period.

Several guys jumping 1 kid???...wrong. Period.

Attempted murder charges???...wrong. Period.

Anyways, i cant & wont be labeled a "closet racist" or any other kind of racist for that matter. Not that you did, but some here feel that if someone disagrees with them, that they are a bunch of cowardly racists.

Mr. Laz
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM
So 6 kids being dickheads (and perhaps racists themselves) in Norfolk should overrule any other racist tendencies in our countries??
oh please .... if those 6 kids were white, and the victim was Black,the whole country would be freaking out.

Donger
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM

You suffer from significant White Guilt, don't you?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Anyways, i cant & wont be labeled a "closet racist" or any other kind of racist for that matter. Not that you did, but some here feel that if someone disagrees with them, that they are a bunch of cowardly racists.

I agree with your concern, but when those "some here" extrapolate the actions of a very small number of people as indicative of the actions of an entire race, that's what I have a problem with.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-27-2007, 12:30 PM
You suffer from significant White Guilt, don't you?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but absolutely not. Deflections aside, and I say again, neither case is right in this case or excusable.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Life experience and active citizenship bring wisdom....to those who seek it. :thumb:

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree with your concern, but when those "some here" extrapolate the actions of a very small number of people as indicative of the actions of an entire race, that's what I have a problem with.

Perhaps I'm wrong, but based on much of what I've seen you write.....I'd bet you are much less concerned...when liberal folks extapolate the actions of white bigots and 'rednecks' into a generalized white racism....

than when conservative folks extrapolate the actions of black bigots and 'bruthas' into generalized black racism....

:hmmm:

oh please .... if those 6 kids were white, and the victim was Black,the whole country would be freaking out.

Yep. And Jackson, Sharpton, and folks like them would be mugging for the cameras 24/7.

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Jena was flat out wrong on all sides, its not so hard to imagine that a small town in Louisiana still has some heavy duty racial problems.

A "whites only tree"...wrong. Period.

Hanging nooses???...wrong. Period.

Several guys jumping 1 kid???...wrong. Period.

Attempted murder charges???...wrong. Period.

I still don't understand why teenagers hanging a noose is the biggest part of this story? After the noose incident a larger group of black students gathered under the tree causing more tention, and the district attorney came to the school, and in front of police officers threatend to end the lives of black children. “I could end your lives with the stroke of a pen.”

Why are powerless kids displaying a symbol of death a bigger headline than powerfull adults threatening death to children?

|Zach|
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Life experience and active citizenship bring wisdom....to those who seek it. :thumb:
You are still the joke of this board...if you agree with me on anything it makes take a second look.

No joke. Go somewhere and drum up some faux outrage.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I still don't understand why teenagers hanging a noose is the biggest part of this story? After the noose incident a larger group of black students gathered under the tree causing more tention, and the district attorney came to the school, and in front of police officers threatend to end the lives of black children. “I could end your lives with the stroke of a pen.”

Why are powerless kids displaying a symbol of death a bigger headline than powerfull adults threatening death to children?

I honestly dont know, i do think that DA should lose his job though.

It was a VERY unnecessary, unprofessional & likely racist, threat.

Duck Dog
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Whoa.

Strawman.

Whoa.

D!ck Weed.

Duck Dog
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM
There's a double standard from both sides. One side feels the need to blow up any black-on-white crimes to push their agenda, and one side blows up white-on-black crimes to push their agenda.

Negative. The liberal media beats the racial drums when it's white on black and disappears when it's black on white.

Mr. Kotter
You are still the joke of this board...if you agree with me on anything it makes take a second look.

No joke. Go somewhere and drum up some faux outrage.

Ah, poor wittle Zachy.....can't handle the fact that his naive and idealistic little Utopian bubble isn't the real world???

Tsssk, tsssk..... :shake:

'mon, wittle trooper. Gwow, up....tiger. Smile. It's okay... :)

You have to anyway; you might as well go with it. ;)

It's liberating, actually....when one discovers the world for what it is....rather than the way we want to imagine it.

Have a great day.

KC Kings
That doesn't jive with my experiences at all. I lived in Newport News for about a year in 1998 and it was ass. The same with the other side of the bay. Maybe some places are nice but I never saw them.

Both the population and the crime rates are very comparable between KC and Hampton Roads. The difference is that KC is extremely segregated so it is easy to live in a bubble and pretend that the crime doesn't exist. Hampton Roads is very segregated so you have million dollar houses on Ocean View 2 miles down the road from $50k houses and weekly rental properties.

White flight is more dificult when there are only 3 main highways and you are surrounded by a Bay to your North and the Atlantic to your East.

Pitt Gorilla
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
You never see a black kid fight one on one. I grew up in Independence and have plenty of experience with blacks. They hate it when you pull out the ole shotgun.Wow.

|Zach|
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Ah, poor wittle Zachy.....can't handle the fact that his naive and idealistic little Utopian bubble isn't the real world???

Tsssk, tsssk..... :shake:

'mon, wittle trooper. Gwow, up....tiger. Smile. It's okay... :)

You have to anyway; you might as well go with it. ;)

It's liberating, actually....when one discovers the world for what it is....rather than the way we want to imagine it.

Have a great day.
Just calling them like I see them. You know you are the joke on this board. You don't even have the whole drunk thing as a crutch anymore. It is just who you are. Clown shoes.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Just calling them like I see them. You know you are the joke on this board. You don't even have the whole drunk thing as a crutch anymore. It is just who you are. Clown shoes.

Knowing the crowd you hang out with....I consider that quite a compliment.

I won't burden you with your reputation among my crowd though. Afterall, your website has provided us with a good bit of comic relief. Heh.

Keep on smiling, little man.... ;)

pikesome
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Both the population and the crime rates are very comparable between KC and Hampton Roads. The difference is that KC is extremely segregated so it is easy to live in a bubble and pretend that the crime doesn't exist. Hampton Roads is very segregated so you have million dollar houses on Ocean View 2 miles down the road from $50k houses and weekly rental properties.

White flight is more dificult when there are only 3 main highways and you are surrounded by a Bay to your North and the Atlantic to your East.

White flight? What us white folk put on our sheets and do Superman impressions?

And if that's what moving away from high crime, low property value areas is called sign me up. Why would someone live in a place that's run down, crime ridden and poorly managed on purpose?

HolmeZz
09-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Wow.

You haven't caught on to HF yet? :p

'Hamas' Jenkins

And if that's what moving away from high crime, low property value areas is called sign me up. Why would someone live in a place that's run down, crime ridden and poorly managed on purpose?

Do you even know when White Flight took place??

Mr. Laz
Negative. The liberal media beats the racial drums when it's white on black and disappears when it's black on white.
the media is also largely driven by people

if we stop buying it, they will stop selling it ..... so to speak.

white guilt ...... get over it people

just treat people right and you don't have to worry about the bullshite.

|Zach|
09-27-2007, 12:58 PM
This circle keeps going round and round...its so obvious. This is going on...on both sides.

What you typed above? Happens.

You know what also happens. When some cute blonde white girl goes missing? It is some big national thing and everyone pulls out all the stops. Some black girl? Crickets.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120234&highlight=missing

Why can't some here just see that there are inconsistencies to be pointed out all over...they are NOT one sided.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 01:01 PM
... Why would someone live in a place that's run down, crime ridden and poorly managed on purpose?

Because you're a spineless jellyfish who's bought into the victim mentality hook-line-and-sinker.....and know there's nothing you can do to help yourself to make a better life for yourself, in this country.....and you KNOW only the government and folks like Hillary Rodham Clinton really care enough about you to help you! She, and a more "compassionate" government will save you!!!

Duck Dog
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
This circle keeps going round and round...its so obvious. This is going on...on both sides.

You know what also happens. When some cute blonde white girl goes missing? It is some big national things and everyone pulls out all the stops. Some black girl? Crickets.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=120234&highlight=missing

Why can't some here just see that there are inconsistencies to be pointed out all over...they are NOT one sided.

That's funny there was a missing black chick on Foxes front page this A.M. and it's still there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298249,00.html

Missing white girls typically have rich parents with strings to pull and can get media attention. It's completely different from ignoring black on white racial violence by the cops, the media and the DA's in this country. Remember the Carr brothers?

Mr. Laz
09-27-2007, 01:04 PM
You know what also happens. When some cute blonde white girl goes missing? It is some big national things and everyone pulls out all the stops. Some black girl? Crickets.
very true .... but alot of that has to do with finances.

this is gonna sound racist ... but :shrug:

whites have more money, more power so "cute little white girl" gets more air time.

Black society needs to stop blaming whitey/making excuses and just better themselves. When they get more money/power they will get all the rest too.

capitalism is not racist but it can sure look that way

pikesome
09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
Do you even know when White Flight took place??

If you're referring to the race to the suburbs since WWII, yes. The point still stands, why live someplace undesirable? I don't care who's fault urban decay is, I'm not living somewhere where crime is high, schools suck, and property values are low.

Pitt Gorilla
09-27-2007, 01:12 PM
Because you're a spineless jellyfish who's bought into the victim mentality hook-line-and-sinker.....and know there's nothing you can do to help yourself to make a better life for yourself, in this country.....and you KNOW only the government and folks like Hillary Rodham Clinton really care enough about you to help you! She, and a more "compassionate" government will save you!!!I'm sure that is the primary reason.

KC Kings
09-27-2007, 01:15 PM

Are you trying to be funny or are you clueless?

You can leave downtown KC and head east, and it is suburbs all the way to Oak Grove. Do you think the average family income or school quality is better in Grain Valley than it is in Grandview? It isn't, but it is a lot whiter out there. We used to live in Raytown, (KC but Raytown schools), three houses owned by white senior citizens and were sold to black families. Immediatly our neighborhood was "going down hill".

We moved up north (still in KC limits), and the first neighbor I met 10 minutes into our conversation showed me where the black familes lived. You can pretend that race is not a motivating factor when moving away from "bad neighborhoods", but you will be lying if you do.

pikesome
09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Are you trying to be funny or are you clueless?

You can leave downtown KC and head east, and it is suburbs all the way to Oak Grove. Do you think the average family income or school quality is better in Grain Valley than it is in Grandview? It isn't, but it is a lot whiter out there. We used to live in Raytown, (KC but Raytown schools), three houses owned by white senior citizens and were sold to black families. Immediatly our neighborhood was "going down hill".

We moved up north (still in KC limits), and the first neighbor I met 10 minutes into our conversation showed me where the black familes lived. You can pretend that race is not a motivating factor when moving away from "bad neighborhoods", but you will be lying if you do.

It might be for some but it isn't for me. I'm not lying in the least bit. Quit reading motivations and beliefs in to my skin color. I have two sons and a wife (none of whom are "white" BTW) that I am responsible for. Why live in KC MO? Their schools seem poorly run and there are quite a few neighborhoods I wouldn't go in to armed. I'm also not real impressed with the way western MO seems to be "second class" compared to St Louis. It's much the same reason we don't live in KCK, no place I felt was "good" enough was within decent driving distance to my wife's work. I'm not sure how any of this is wrong.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure how any of this is wrong.

Its not...not even a little bit.

As a matter of fact, all across America theres plenty of "Black Flight" going on.

NOBODY wants to live in a shithole.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I'm sure that is the primary reason.

Living in a HUD development for 18 years, and continuing to visit it frequently....over the past 25 years is, indeed, and enlightening and insightful experience. Sadly. :shake:

DJ_is_the_realdeal
09-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I will have to say its a generation thing. Kids are freaking crazy now. We need to bring back the whooping. Kids go around and do bad shit and does anything happen to them? No! We need to take control of our kids!

Donger
09-27-2007, 01:47 PM
We don't have many Black people in Colorado. I think they don't like the cold or something.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I will have to say its a generation thing. Kids are freaking crazy now. We need to bring back the whooping. Kids go around and do bad shit and does anything happen to them? No! We need to take control of our kids!

Now, now.... :shake:

We know that spankings and "whoopin's"....even when done in a safe and loving home, destroy children's self-esteem and emotionally and psychologically cripple these poor misunderstood souls for life.

And they....even kids like Zachy-poo, would become axe murderers and...like, you know.... stuff. That's way worse than this sort of relatively harmless thugery.....isn't it? :hmmm:

JBucc
09-27-2007, 01:50 PM
who dey?who dey...who dey....who dey think they gonna beat dat white kid.

Mr. Plow
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Now, now.... :shake:

We know that spankings and "whoopin's"....even when done in a safe and loving home, destroy children's self-esteem and emotionally and psychologically cripple these poor misunderstood souls for life.

And they....even kids like Zachy-poo, would become axe murderers and...like, you know.... stuff. That's way worse than this sort of relatively harmless thugery.....isn't it? :hmmm:

You better watch out when my boys get older.....they are going to be deranged ax and chain saw murderers. One might even be the next best serial killer.

Every kid needs a little...or big....swat on the butt. I've got a "spanking stick" for my middle child (hard headed). I've never had to even use it. Just the mention of it gets him in line for AT LEAST 5 minutes.

Extra Point
09-27-2007, 01:56 PM

Agreed. Corporal punishment is not fully the answer, but when blatant disregard for positive instruction hits the wall, a swat and a stern word as to why the swat, can be effective.

BigRedChief
09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Every kid needs a little...or big....swat on the butt. I've got a "spanking stick" for my middle child (hard headed). I've never had to even use it. Just the mention of it gets him in line for AT LEAST 5 minutes.
I've never spanked or hit my son. Evah.

I would like for him to make the right choice on his own not be threatned into making the right choice.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 02:16 PM

I would like for him to make the right choice on his own not be threatned into making the right choice.

Here we go.....again.....spanking is the same as "hitting"....

:shake:

InChiefsHeaven
09-27-2007, 02:24 PM
I got mugged once in Kansas City Kansas by a black guy and two Mexicans...a little solidarity amongst the minorities, doncha know...

...was that a hate crime? Me being a white guy and all? I don't think so, I think they just wanted my wallet. (Which I would have given them if they would have just held me down or something, but NOOOO...) When it was over, I spent 2 days saying n-word and s-word everywhere, till my sister sat me down and straightened me out.

I don't know if this was a hate crime, but the aftermath sure breeds hatred. I can tell you that first hand...

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 02:26 PM
The most interesting part about reactions to this and hate crime are that blacks are arrested and convicted of hate crime 10 x more than whites...I have the reference if anyone wants it

pikesome
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
The most interesting part about reactions to this and hate crime are that blacks are arrested and convicted of hate crime 10 x more than whites...I have the reference if anyone wants it

I'd like to see that. Are we talking charged under a hate crime statute or just labeled "hate crime"?

CoMoChief
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I remember getting into a fight in the 7th grade with 3 kids that lived down the street from me at a bus stop after school. They were really huge PoS and thought they were in a gang, liked to wear really baggy clothes etc, all that crap. They never liked me and any of my friends because we were generally for the most part popular with our class, had lots of friends etc. Anyways one day I got off the bus and I was just walking home and one of them attacked me from behind and stunned me. Two of them held me down and one kicked me in the face and bloddied up my gums and mouth. Then a neighbor came outside and they all ran away. The person who kicked me in the face was in a grade younger than I was, and was half the size of me which really pissed me off. My dad said later that night if there was any kind of trouble I would get into at school that he wouldn't be mad, just told me not to use weapons and dont get carried away. So that was the Green Light for me. This kid that kicked me in the mouth had a class that was in the next room to my classroom and I saw him with a hall pass. So I figured he was going to the restroom so I asked if I could go. I went in there and sure enough he was there. I closed the door and kicked the ever loving crap out of him and God did it feel good. Then I told him there was more of this coming for the other two, that afternoon at the bus stop a couple of friends and I got of at my stop and neither of them got off. We figured they were going to get off at the next stop because the word spread around that I kicked the crap out of the kid in the bathroom. So we all cut through some yards to the next stop and met them when the got off and they tried to get back on but the bus left. They started to run but they were worthless human beings who didn't have any speed whatsoever and we were world class athletes at the time and at that age so we caught up with them real quick and kicked the crap out of all of them until neighbors broke it up. 2 of them had to go to the hospital and their moms tried to place charges on us and that didn't work out too well after our parents told them what happened. All 3 of us got one day school suspension in which we all just hung out at my house and swam in my pool all day. Nice reward for kicking someone's butt in. A nice day off from school with your friends swimming.

Revenge is sweet.

Even still to this day not one of those 3 kids will look me in the eye.

jAZ
09-27-2007, 02:36 PM
They should be punished, but I hardly think this was attempted murder. That is way too extreme.
That's why there is so much outrage over the Jena 6. The kids there (who's actions basically mirror this) are being charged with attempted murder and face 100 years in prison.

This case and the Jena 6 case are worlds apart (no matter what some on this thread wish to believe).

Otter
09-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Interesting stats...

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-070610hatecrime-story,1,6739028.story)

What the statistics say

On one hand, African-Americans bear the brunt of violent crime in the U.S.: In 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available, blacks were more than twice as likely as whites to fall victim to serious violent crime, most often at the hands of other blacks.

Blacks are also the overwhelming majority of victims of attacks recorded by the FBI as hate crimes. In 2005, blacks were the victims in 68 percent of nearly 5,000 hate-crime incidents nationwide, while whites were the victims in 20 percent of the cases. Whites accounted for60 percent of known hate-crime offenders, while blacks accounted for 20 percent.

But on the other hand, when overall cross-racial violent crimes are tabulated—including incidents not formally classified as racially motivated hate crimes—Justice Department statistics show that blacks attack whites far more often than whites attack blacks.

In 2005, there were more than 645,000 victims of cross-racial violent crimes between blacks and whites in the U.S. In 90 percent of those crimes, black offenders attacked white victims.

"In the old days," said Hutchinson, contemplating that statistic, "when you said 'hate crimes,' it was automatic—whites victimizing blacks. Today you have to pause for a minute and not make automatic assumptions."

Donger
09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Justice Department statistics show that blacks attack whites far more often than whites attack blacks.

That is interesting.

stevieray
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
momma said knock you out.

ChiTown
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
We don't have many Black people in Colorado. I think they don't like the cold or something.

Yes, but according to Jimmy the Greek, they were bred to be great athletes..........

CoMoChief
09-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Interesting stats...

Link (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-070610hatecrime-story,1,6739028.story)

What the statistics say

On one hand, African-Americans bear the brunt of violent crime in the U.S.: In 2005, the most recent year for which statistics are available, blacks were more than twice as likely as whites to fall victim to serious violent crime, most often at the hands of other blacks.

Blacks are also the overwhelming majority of victims of attacks recorded by the FBI as hate crimes. In 2005, blacks were the victims in 68 percent of nearly 5,000 hate-crime incidents nationwide, while whites were the victims in 20 percent of the cases. Whites accounted for60 percent of known hate-crime offenders, while blacks accounted for 20 percent.

But on the other hand, when overall cross-racial violent crimes are tabulated—including incidents not formally classified as racially motivated hate crimes—Justice Department statistics show that blacks attack whites far more often than whites attack blacks.

In 2005, there were more than 645,000 victims of cross-racial violent crimes between blacks and whites in the U.S. In 90 percent of those crimes, black offenders attacked white victims.

"In the old days," said Hutchinson, contemplating that statistic, "when you said 'hate crimes,' it was automatic—whites victimizing blacks. Today you have to pause for a minute and not make automatic assumptions."

More often than not, whenever a white attacks a black it's a hate crime, when it's the other way around it's not.

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
REVERSE RACISM WILL BE THE END OF AMUERCICKA

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
More often than not, whenever a white attacks a black it's a hate crime, when it's the other way around it's not.Cite?

Otter
09-27-2007, 02:48 PM
More often than not, whenever a white attacks a black it's a hate crime, when it's the other way around it's not.

And the facts are there to prove it.

I'm not saying there aren't injustices that go the other way to but seriously, let's call a spade a spade with double standard of labeling a crime a "hate crime".

pikesome
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM

Horseshit. That's an impossible to prove and down right racist claim without some serious mind reading. Or, at least, direct knowledge of each case. Which you don't have.

Let's stop assigning thoughts, beliefs and motivation to people depending on their skin color. Whatever it is. Assuming people are some way or not because of their pigment level is wrong.

Ultra Peanut
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
The most interesting part about reactions to this and hate crime are that blacks are arrested and convicted of hate crime 10 x more than whites...I have the reference if anyone wants itI find this hard to believe with the way the white man is treated in this society.

And the facts are there to prove it.The facts are where?

let's call a spade a spadeLMAO

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Horseshit. That's an impossible to prove and down right racist claim without some serious mind reading. Or, at least, direct knowledge of each case. Which you don't have.

Let's stop assigning thoughts, beliefs and motivation to people depending on their skin color. Whatever it is. Assuming people are some way or not because of their pigment level is wrong.

And Horseshit is what color?????

Otter
09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Heh, that was a poor choice of words given the topic.

pikesome
09-27-2007, 02:58 PM
And Horseshit is what color?????

Depends on what the horse is eating. Green is the color I remember seeing the most.

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I'd like to see that. Are we talking charged under a hate crime statute or just labeled "hate crime"?

I'm sorry the study is drawing conclusions based upon statistics from the DOJ

"Department of Justice statistics have consistently indicated that about 80 percent of violent crimes are intra-racial while about 20 percent are inter-racial. An examination of those inter-racial crimes shows that black-on-white crimes of violence occurred over seven times as often as white-on-black crimes of violence over the first 20 years of the NCVS. More recently, the frequency of black-on-white violent crimes has become more than 10 times as prevalent as white-on-black violent crimes. This difference is accentuated by the fact that whites account for nearly 75 percent of the population while blacks account for less than 13 percent.....It is obvious that hate crimes constitute only a fraction of inter-racial crimes......one can see the proportion of white-on-black inter-racial crimes that are also bias motivated (hate crimes) would have to exceed the proportion of black-on-white inter-racial crimes that are also bias motivated by a ratio of over ten-fold in order to conclude that the former are actually more prevalent than the latter."

The unanticipated consequences of hate crime legislation
Adams and Toth

Judicature Volume 90, Number 3 2006

The whole article is enlightening and only 6 pages long

http://www.ajs.org/ajs/publications/Judicature_PDFs/903/Toth_903.pdf

Simplex3
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Every day you get older is a day you see more clearly. :)

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 03:21 PM

There is already hate crime legislation

1990 Bush Sr. Signed the Hate Crimes Statistics Act which requires the US AG to collect hate crimes statistics

1994 Congress passed the Hate Crimes Sentencing Enhancement Act which allows federal judges to enhance a sentence by no less than three offense levels. protected classes are Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Ethnicity, Gender, Disability or Sexual Orientation.

All states have various formes of this law some that date back to as early as the lates 70's and early 80's but vary greatly in who are the protected classes and what the punishment is

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Cite?

not gonna happen assuming is much easier than actual research

ClevelandBronco
09-27-2007, 03:46 PM

Not true. There's Champ Bailey.

Bwana
09-27-2007, 03:53 PM

Bingo! To many parents that are content to use the XBox and the TV as babysitters.

jidar
09-27-2007, 04:16 PM
God it's so ****ing hard being white. I mean, shit just hard. I feel the hardship.
Every day I wish I wasn't white because it's so ****ing hard. You know what I mean? Like everybody is out to get you because whites suck and it's hard.
right?

jesus christ, ****ing whining.
give me a break.

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 04:18 PM
God it's so ****ing hard being white. I mean, shit just hard. I feel the hardship.
Every day I wish I wasn't white because it's so ****ing hard. You know what I mean? Like everybody is out to get you because whites suck and it's hard.
right?

give me a break.

LMAO

banyon
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM

Nah, I don't care about statistics. I'm just going to wait until O' Reilly to see how I should think about this.

Skip Towne
09-27-2007, 04:34 PM
Heh, that was a poor choice of words given the topic.
You did it on purpose.

BIG_DADDY
09-27-2007, 05:05 PM
LMAO

You pull the gay card all the time so GMAFB.

BIG_DADDY
09-27-2007, 05:06 PM

amen brother

BIG_DADDY
09-27-2007, 05:07 PM
What a bunch of pussies. A gang against one and he still just walks away. Go get a baseball bat and come back.

Mr. Plow
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM

What if he continues to make the wrong choice? Do you enforce some sort of discipline other than "time out"?

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM

Go
Marry
A
****ing
Bitch

????

stevieray
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Go
Marry
A
****ing
Bitch

????

give me a flogging break...

BIG_DADDY
09-27-2007, 05:17 PM
right?

give me a break.

If it was 5 white guys beating up one black kid this would be on CNN all night. Al and Jesse would be up in arms about it and it would be in the media for weeks. Because it's the other way around and someone points out the double standard you turn into a tard. Maybe you should write a book about how stupid white people are and go hang out with Michael Moore.

Chief Henry
09-27-2007, 05:22 PM
If it was 5 white guys beating up one black kid this would be on CNN all night. Al and Jesse would be up in arms about it and it would be in the media for weeks. Because it's the other way around and someone points out the double standard you turn into a tard. Maybe you should write a book about how stupid white people are and go hang out with Michael Moore.

Dam right...

Jenson71
09-27-2007, 05:29 PM
That kid looked like a wigga :rolleyes:

BIG_DADDY
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
That kid looked like a wigga :rolleyes: LMAO

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 05:30 PM
What a bunch of pussies. A gang against one and he still just walks away. Go get a baseball bat and come back.

Heh...i noticed that to, the 'lil suckers were swinging for the fences & barely managed to put him to his knees.

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 05:33 PM
give me a flogging break...

ahh thanks I dunno why I didn't think of that

RP_McMurphy
09-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Let all the military families know it was coming. Then that area could get it's just reward.

chop
09-27-2007, 05:39 PM

If you weren't on jidars "closet racist" list you are now.
ROFL

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM

what can I say some of us are more gay than others

http://www.offbeatenough.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/ghettotoothfairy-17d.jpg

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
what can I say some of us are more gay than others

http://www.offbeatenough.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/ghettotoothfairy-17d.jpg

All of the criticism has REALLY affected poor Hootie.

Ine Juzz keeeding H.

MOhillbilly
09-27-2007, 05:42 PM
i got beat by 10-12 black dudes when i was about 16, other than i had a shaved head & docs i figured it was just a case of wrong place wrong time. thouugh they really shit egg rolls when the grenade i had on me fell outta my pocket...ROFL

Mr. Plow
09-27-2007, 05:49 PM
i got beat by 10-12 black dudes when i was about 16, other than i had a shaved head & docs i figured it was just a case of wrong place wrong time. thouugh they really shit egg rolls when the grenade i had on me fell outta my pocket...ROFL

I'm putting you on my "Planeteers that I haven't met, but don't want to" list. :p

headsnap
09-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Shocking rare video of this kid's dad!!! :eek:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYzsskE5ObA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYzsskE5ObA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 08:40 PM

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYzsskE5ObA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nYzsskE5ObA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

:hmmm:

InChiefsHeaven
09-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Hate crimes are bullshit, just for the reason we are having this discussion. how the hell can you tell if a person does something out of total hatred for another based on their race\sex\sexual orientation? you can't. This is just more bs to muddy the waters. All crimes should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Singling out victims and making them more "special" is racism in and of itself.

not to mention the fact that the standard is not equally applied.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Hate crimes are bullshit, just for the reason we are having this discussion. how the hell can you tell if a person does something out of total hatred for another based on their race\sex\sexual orientation? you can't. This is just more bs to muddy the waters. All crimes should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Singling out victims and making them more "special" is racism in and of itself.

not to mention the fact that the standard is not equally applied.

Well, well....naive one.....hate crimes can, conclusively be determined; oh, yes....they can.

You see, my child....your skepticism is both cynical and sinful; through the "VULCAN MIND-MELD" politically-correct super-heroes CAN determine with 99.99987% accuracy the motive involved in any crime or attack between individuals.

E.S.P., man. Mind-reading made simple. It's particularly effective in determining when historically and politically victimized classes of people are the victims of such crimes; however, care must be exercised....and results subjected to highly scrutinized peer-reviewed and professionally corroborated "conclusions" before...."privileged" classes of people can turn the tables on more, historically and politically, "subjugated" classes. :harumph:

Long live Spock....

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Well, well....naive one.....hate crimes can, conclusively be determined; oh, yes....they can.

You see, my child....your skepticism is both cynical and sinful; through the "VULCAN MIND-MELD" politically-correct super-heroes CAN determine with 99.99987% accuracy the motive involved in any crime or attack between individuals.

E.S.P., man. Mind-reading made simple. It's particularly effective in determining when historically and politically victimized classes of people are the victims of such crimes; however, care must be exercised....and results subjected to highly scrutinized peer-reviewed and professionally corroborated "conclusions" before...."privileged" classes of people can turn the tables on more, historically and politically, "subjugated" classes. :harumph:

Long live Spock....

Did you just get done watching a Trek marathon or something? That's like your 2nd Trek reference in a row?

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Of course...all of the weepers are right, white folk arent allowed to be upset with any form of injustice...people we've never met & who died 100's of years ago perpetrated one of the greatest sins in humankinds history.

Just take that unjustified whuppin' like a MAN you little racist bastard.

Oh f&ck.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Did you just get done watching a Trek marathon or something? That's like your 2nd Trek reference in a row?

Nah....just seemed appropriate. :shrug:

Space, the final frontier; reverse-racism....not considered racist....because whitey's kept us DOWN for so long, yo? Word? :harumph:

Dr. King would be proud...."....I have a dream, where one day my children will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character....I have a dream.....(except it only applies to us victim-group type folks though...)"

Pretty "spacey" thinking to me.... :hmmm:

big nasty kcnut
09-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I think it time we teach kids that fighting cause of race is wrong. You fight someone bullying someone smaller for attacking a woman or hurting a animal or kid.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 10:13 PM
I think it time we teach kids that fighting cause of race is wrong. You fight someone bullying someone smaller for attacking a woman or hurting a animal or kid.

Leave it to KCN to break it down into terms we can all understand.

:clap:

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM

Define "attacking" and "woman"??? :hmmm:

jk.... :)

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Nah....just seemed appropriate. :shrug:

Space, the final frontier; reverse-racism....not considered racist....because whitey's kept us DOWN for so long, yo? Word? :harumph:

Dr. King would be proud...."....I have a dream, where one day my children will be judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character....I have a dream.....(except it only applies to us victim-group type folks though...)"

Pretty "spacey" thinking to me.... :hmmm:

Ever watch Deep Space 9?

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 10:22 PM
Ever watch Deep Space 9?

Nope. Sorry. :shrug:

Frazod
09-27-2007, 10:24 PM
I used to live in Oceanview. It was a shithole 20 years ago (as is Norfolk in general) and I see that it's only gotten worse.

And in my experience, pretty much all people from Norfolk are vile cocksuckers - the color of their skin doesn't matter a damn.

God I hated that place.

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Nope. Sorry. :shrug:

Oh, well I won't make my Bajoran affirmative action/Cardassian references then. FTR though, I've watched every series now except Enterprise and I think DS9 may be the best, especially after season 4 gets going.

Easy 6
09-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Oh, well I won't make my Bajoran affirmative action/Cardassian references then. FTR though, I've watched every series now except Enterprise and I think DS9 may be the best, especially after season 4 gets going.

Alright...enough of the Star Trek love fest...lets get back to HATING each other......its SOOO much more fun!!!

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 10:35 PM
I used to live in Oceanview. It was a shithole 20 years ago (as is Norfolk in general) and I see that it's only gotten worse.

And in my experience, pretty much all people from Norfolk are vile cocksuckers - the color of their skin doesn't matter a damn.

God I hated that place.

It's the culture; the socialization of such desperate and stupid people that lead to that....it has next to nothing to do with skin color. You are exactly right.

There are plenty of people who are white as a ghost....who embrace the culture of stupidity. :shake:

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
It's the culture; the socialization of such desperate and stupid people that lead to that....it has next to nothing to do with skin color. You are exactly right.

There are plenty of people who are white as a ghost....who embrace the culture of stupidity. :shake:

Yeah, I call that Eastern Arkansas.

Frazod
09-27-2007, 10:36 PM
I actually just picked up all five seasons of Babylon 5 off ebay. I remember Season 1 being rather bland and Season 5 being a bit pointless, but 2 through 4 were some of the best scifi TV ever. I'm probably going to start watching them this weekend.

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I actually just picked up all five seasons of Babylon 5 off ebay. I remember Season 1 being rather bland and Season 5 being a bit pointless, but 2 through 4 were some of the best scifi TV ever. I'm probably going to start watching them this weekend.

I've heard good things, but i'm gonna slog through Enterprise first, and by then the 3rd season of Lost will probably be out. It's on the list though.

Mr. Kotter
09-27-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I call that Eastern Arkansas.

Heh. Fair enough. ROFL

However. Who is REALLY more stupid; simpleton and socio-economically deprived morons from Eastern Arkansas....OR the NY and Cali Limousine liberal types who think tax dollars and government programs will "lift" Cletis and Billie Jo ought of Appalachian poverty....to that "DE-Luxe Apartment...in the sKKKKyyy-YYYY!!!"...move it on up, to the Eeeaasss-ssstttt SIII---iiidddDDDeee!!!"

Frazod
09-27-2007, 10:46 PM
I've heard good things, but i'm gonna slog through Enterprise first, and by then the 3rd season of Lost will probably be out. It's on the list though.

Enterprise had it's moments, but overall it was kind of dissappointing. I've seen a few of them here and there. Started with lots of promise, and was advertised as a "back to basics" Star Trek. But soon it went the preachy PC-way of Voyager, which I largely despised. Ratings tanked, and then they ramped up the sex and violence, but too little too late.

Of course, the Vulcan chick got naked alot later on - I certainly never had an issue with that. :drool:

banyon
09-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Heh. Fair enough. ROFL

However. Who is REALLY more stupid; simpleton and socio-economically deprived morons from Eastern Arkansas....OR the NY and Cali Limousine liberal types who think tax dollars and government programs will "lift" Cletis and Billie Jo ought of Appalachian poverty....to that "DE-Luxe Apartment...in the sKKKKyyy-YYYY!!!"...move it on up, to the Eeeaasss-ssstttt SIII---iiidddDDDeee!!!"

Careful...you're gonna get this hate-filled thread moved to DC, where it will join its hate-filled brethren to form one big hate-filled super thread that could destroy us all.

DenverChief
09-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Another interesting point that the people who have no clue bring up is the how can we know what the perp intended? Well to be quite frank motivation has played an integral part of our Criminal Justice System since basically its inception. This is why we have 1st 2nd 3rd degree murder, manslaughter, 1st-4th degree arson Et Cetera ....Hate crime legislation does not require some kind of mind meld magic to find intent

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2007, 06:33 AM
I'm saying that if a man beats his wife for instance. You don't do that sort of thing out of love...IMO it's a hate crime. But it will never be presecuted as such, it will be simply an assault.

I'm saying that whatever the "harsher penalty" is for hate crimes, it should be applied in ALL cases...one standard. Are we not all supposed to be equal? What's with the favored victim status?

Mr. Kotter
09-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Another interesting point that the people who have no clue bring up is the how can we know what the perp intended? Well to be quite frank motivation has played an integral part of our Criminal Justice System since basically its inception. This is why we have 1st 2nd 3rd degree murder, manslaughter, 1st-4th degree arson Et Cetera ....Hate crime legislation does not require some kind of mind meld magic to find intent

Nice straw man, Jason. :rolleyes:

Of course, determining motive has....and will continue to be a part of our criminal justice system.

However, PROVING in a court of law that one's political or ideological "beliefs" are behind, ABSOLUTELY (beyond reasonable doubt,) a particular crime....is much, much more difficult than proving whether a particular action was deliberate/intentional versus accidental/unintentional.

Duh... :rolleyes:

jidar
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
If you weren't on jidars "closet racist" list you are now.
ROFL

Big Daddy doesn't make the closet racist list because he's never really hidden it.

Extra Point
09-28-2007, 07:02 AM
Anybody here like the phrase "White Boy?"

pikesome
09-28-2007, 07:06 AM

Not really but since we're all racist bigots our opinion doesn't matter, cracker.

chop
09-28-2007, 07:06 AM
Big Daddy doesn't make the closet racist list because he's never really hidden it.

I think you're definition of racist is wrong. Just because a white person speaks out about what they perceive as a double standard doesn't make them a racist.

Extra Point
09-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Not really but since we're all racist bigots our opinion doesn't matter, cracker.
What makes you think I'm white?

Mr. Kotter
09-28-2007, 07:15 AM

Personally, I prefer "honkie."

pikesome
09-28-2007, 07:16 AM
What makes you think I'm white?

Because you're complaining.

Seriously, the complaints about a double standard are well justified. I'm not sure how many times I've heard about how "White America" is still screwing the black man. It's wrong in every way to assign beliefs, thoughts and/or motivations based solely on skin color. Period. I don't care if it could be proven scientifically that 60% of whites hate blacks, stereotyping is wrong. It's also counterproductive.

Extra Point
09-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Because you're complaining.

Seriously, the complaints about a double standard are well justified. I'm not sure how many times I've heard about how "White America" is still screwing the black man. It's wrong in every way to assign beliefs, thoughts and/or motivations based solely on skin color. Period. I don't care if it could be proven scientifically that 60% of whites hate blacks, stereotyping is wrong. It's also counterproductive.

You've found me out!

Now, if you don't mind, I'll get back to being "The Man" and put somebody down!

Mr. Kotter
09-28-2007, 07:40 AM
You've found me out!

Now, if you don't mind, I'll get back to being "The Man" and put somebody down!

"Damn, straight. Git yo cracka azz back to WERK, so you 'uns can keep growin' dat reparations fund dat we be gittin' soon...and don't make me axe you agin."

Extra Point
09-28-2007, 07:42 AM
ROFL

DenverChief
09-28-2007, 08:13 AM
Nice straw man, Jason. :rolleyes:

Of course, determining motive has....and will continue to be a part of our criminal justice system.

However, PROVING in a court of law that one's political or ideological "beliefs" are behind, ABSOLUTELY (beyond reasonable doubt,) a particular crime....is much, much more difficult than proving whether a particular action was deliberate/intentional versus accidental/unintentional.

Duh... :rolleyes:

Wasn't very difficult in the dragging death of James Byrd Jr and the beating death of Matthew Shepard...of course I'm sure your next argument will be that they are ony two cases amongst thousands...prove me wrong

DenverChief
09-28-2007, 08:15 AM
I love it when my black BF calls me that just before sex

Lzen
09-28-2007, 09:02 AM
That's why there is so much outrage over the Jena 6. The kids there (who's actions basically mirror this) are being charged with attempted murder and face 100 years in prison.

This case and the Jena 6 case are worlds apart (no matter what some on this thread wish to believe).

Based on the few details that I know of that, I think the Jena 6 charges are over the top, too.

Lzen
09-28-2007, 09:15 AM

ROFL WTF?

Lzen
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM

TMI :Lin:

Duck Dog
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM

Didn't bother me until just a few minutes ago.

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I had a black friend that I played college ball with that used to call me a "wigger". I thought it was pretty funny.

Valiant
09-28-2007, 10:18 AM

LOL I am on season 4 now.. I didn't bother buying season 5...

BIG_DADDY
09-28-2007, 10:20 AM

Yea if you don't turn on whitey like you do and act like Michael Moore I am sure you would see it that way. You have quickly joined the ranks of other tards like honest chief and Gunther Fan here at the planet. Based upon my business I may very well adopt out of Nigeria in about 3 years. You can tell my son then what a racist I am.

jidar
09-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Yea if you don't turn on whitey like you do and act like Michael Moore I am sure you would see it that way. You have quickly joined the ranks of other tards like honest chief and Gunther Fan here at the planet. Based upon my business I may very well adopt out of Nigeria in about 3 years. You can tell my son then what a racist I am.

Nigeria? They'll keep taking your money but the will never send the baby.

chop
09-28-2007, 11:53 AM

This comment makes up for calling him a racist?
:rolleyes: :shake:

BIG_DADDY
09-28-2007, 12:10 PM

I have friends that adopted out of Nigeria and I spent some quality time with their son. Awesome kid. I will do whatever they did if that option still exists then. I understand the corruption part. It's not just a Nigerian thing though it's everywhere including our own country. Cost my sister 10k to adopt a young black baby boy in Georgia. Everyone wants to get paid, they could give a rats ass about all these kids that need parents. International is even worse. Our guys want to get paid. There guys want to get paid. It's truly a nasty evil world we live in.

None of this changes the fact that you turned your back on a white kid getting beaten by a group of blacks just because of his skin color. Then you have the audacity to call me a racist. Is there truly anything more pathetic than someone who turns their back on their own race? If you are white then you rank right up there with the Michael Moore's of our country. If there is anything that whitey truly should be ashamed of these days it's people like MM and yourself.

InChiefsHeaven
09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
I thought jidar was making a funny about the Nigerian Lottery email scandal...

...maybe I'm not as emotionally connected to the debate.

BTW, Big_Daddy...that's friggin' cool if you can do that. Good luck and God Bless on that endeavor.

pikesome
09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I have friends that adopted out of Nigeria and I spent some quality time with their son. Awesome kid. I will do whatever they did if that option still exists then. I understand the corruption part. It's not just a Nigerian thing though it's everywhere including our own country. Cost my sister 10k to adopt a young black baby boy in Georgia. Everyone wants to get paid, they could give a rats ass about all these kids that need parents. International is even worse. Our guys want to get paid. There guys want to get paid. It's truly a nasty evil world we live in.

None of this changes the fact that you turned your back on a white kid getting beaten by a group of blacks just because of his skin color. Then you have the audacity to call me a racist. Is there truly anything more pathetic than someone who turns their back on their own race? If you are white then you rank right up there with the Michael Moore's of our country. If there is anything that whitey truly should be ashamed of these days it's people like MM and yourself.

I'd, kind of, like to agree with all this but the bold part. F*** my "race", they aren't getting anything more from me than anyone else. Being of the same ancestry as me gets you nothing in my book (unless we're talking real, blood relations and then it's still a crime). This kid got victimized, end of story. I don't care the color of who did, who the victim is, the ethnic make up of the community, none of that. A crime was committed, it should be punished.

BIG_DADDY
09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I'd, kind of, like to agree with all this but the bold part. F*** my "race", they aren't getting anything more from me than anyone else. Being of the same ancestry as me gets you nothing in my book (unless we're talking real, blood relations and then it's still a crime). This kid got victimized, end of story. I don't care the color of who did, who the victim is, the ethnic make up of the community, none of that. A crime was committed, it should be punished.

The only reason I mentioned race was because it was the determining factor for jidar turning his back on the kid. jidar made race a factor. I have no respect for people like him who will turn on their own race like that is any better than turning on another.

The fact that you would say **** your own race would make you suspect as well if I didn't think you were just trying to make a point.

Duck Dog
09-28-2007, 12:39 PM

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthre...ghlight=missing

That's funny there was a missing black chick on Foxes front page this A.M. and it's still there.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,298249,00.html

Missing white girls typically have rich parents with strings to pull and can get media attention. It's completely different from ignoring black on white racial violence by the cops, the media and the DA's in this country. Remember the Carr brothers?

Talk about crickets.

pikesome
09-28-2007, 12:47 PM
The only reason I mentioned race was because it was the determining factor for jidar turning his back on the kid. jidar made race a factor. I have no respect for people like him who will turn on their own race like that is any better than turning on another.

The fact that you would say **** your own race would make you suspect as well if I didn't think you were just trying to make a point.

I used the word to express my feeling towards the concept. The short version is that, at least for this discussion, there are only two groups, Americans and everybody else. America has rules and laws and all of us, every single one, is and should be expected to follow them the same. If you can't, you go to jail. Simple as that. A half black, half asian female jew deserves and should not receive different treatment than the most WASP guy you could find. All should be equal in the eyes of the law. Yes, it doesn't always happen but just because we're not 100% means we should just quit trying.

BIG_DADDY
09-28-2007, 12:50 PM
I used the word to express my feeling towards the concept. The short version is that, at least for this discussion, there are only two groups, Americans and everybody else. America has rules and laws and all of us, every single one, is and should be expected to follow them the same. If you can't, you go to jail. Simple as that. A half black, half asian female jew deserves and should not receive different treatment than the most WASP guy you could find. All should be equal in the eyes of the law. Yes, it doesn't always happen but just because we're not 100% means we should just quit trying.

Agreed