PDA

View Full Version : Game Manager?

Reerun_KC
09-27-2007, 07:45 AM
I was listening to the Sirius NFL Network on my way to Dallas yesterday morning and there were talking about how in today's NFL the pass sets up the run... That this is a passing league and the rules are in place to benefit the teams that throw the ball... They also said that the old time coaches in the NFL that want to run the ball and control the clock from the start will not and can not have success in todays league. Players and coaches are to smart and to good to take that approach...

They also went on to say that if you have a QB that is a "Game Manager" then they can show you that you dont have a very good QB, actually a bad QB if he is just there to manage the game... When you have a "Game Manager" at QB teams will stack 8-9 in the box because they dont respect your QB.

Man it really seemed like they were calling out the Chiefs. They werent they were just talking about why teams do not have success when you are trying to play late 1980's football in 2007.

Good thing we have Downfield Big Game Huard behind center, I sure would hate LJ to face 8-9 man fronts all season long....

FringeNC
09-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I was listening to the Sirius NFL Network on my way to Dallas yesterday morning and there were talking about how in today's NFL the pass sets up the run... That this is a passing league and the rules are in place to benefit the teams that throw the ball... They also said that the old time coaches in the NFL that want to run the ball and control the clock from the start will not and can not have success in todays league. Players and coaches are to smart and to good to take that approach...

They also went on to say that if you have a QB that is a "Game Manager" then they can show you that you dont have a very good QB, actually a bad QB if he is just there to manage the game... When you have a "Game Manager" at QB teams will stack 8-9 in the box because they dont respect your QB.

Man it really seemed like they were calling out the Chiefs. They werent they were just talking about why teams do not have success when you are trying to play late 1980's football in 2007.

Good thing we have Downfield Big Game Huard behind center, I sure would hate LJ to face 8-9 man fronts all season long....

That is what is so frustrating about having Herm as coach. The season is over before it begins, because his strategy CANNOT work.

...if you define "work" as playoff success.

HonestChieffan
09-27-2007, 08:11 AM
Herm say "We're Okay"

Extra Point
09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
Good thing we have Dick Curl the clock manager, to make sure the bus runs on time.

Chiefnj2
09-27-2007, 08:15 AM
"That this is a passing league and the rules are in place to benefit the teams that throw the ball..."

It's funny you mention that because a few weeks ago I was listening to ESPN and Theisman (maybe it was Boomer Esiason) was basically saying that with today's NFL rules there is no reason why a QB shouldn't be able to put up 250 yards passing per game. With corners not allowed to touch receivers past 5 yards and the way penalties are called QB's should be able to pass up and down the field all day. He was basically saying how hard things were in the good old days and how crappy todays QB's are.

Reerun_KC
09-27-2007, 10:17 AM
"That this is a passing league and the rules are in place to benefit the teams that throw the ball..."

It's funny you mention that because a few weeks ago I was listening to ESPN and Theisman (maybe it was Boomer Esiason) was basically saying that with today's NFL rules there is no reason why a QB shouldn't be able to put up 250 yards passing per game. With corners not allowed to touch receivers past 5 yards and the way penalties are called QB's should be able to pass up and down the field all day. He was basically saying how hard things were in the good old days and how crappy todays QB's are.
I cant believe how far we have regressed in 2 short years... Not talking about the players, but about the ability to play arena football...

Pushead2
09-27-2007, 10:34 AM
I cant believe how far we have regressed in 2 short years... Not talking about the players, but about the ability to play arena football...
ROFL