PDA

View Full Version : Hank Stram miked up?

Logical
09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Ok for all you older fans and some of you younger ones as well.

Hank is famous for a couple of statements he made when miked up:

65 Toss Power Trap woohoo I told you that would work (paraphrased)

and

Matriculate it on down the field boys

So the question is, was Hank showing off because he knew he was miked up or do you believe this was his normal game type talk?

L.A. Chieffan
09-27-2007, 05:50 PM
he wanted to be on espn and get interviewed by stu scott. duh

Luke
09-27-2007, 05:57 PM
From what I remember, that is pretty much the way Stram spoke.

FAX
09-27-2007, 06:18 PM
The NFL Films story is that they asked Hank to mic up and, at first, he said no. Then, in his hotel room the day of the game, they had a meeting with him and it turned out he was negotiating for money and would agree on condition that they pay him in cash.

I don't recall perfectly if they gave him the payment (I tend to think they did), but, nevertheless, a deal was struck, Hank agreed, and history was made.

The NFL Films guys said they thought Hank was hamming it up for the mic. Lenny has also said that, during that game, Hank would give him plays unnecessarily and explain them in detail.

FAX

unothadeal
09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
ma·tric·u·late
1. to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.
2. to register (a coat of arms), used esp. in Scottish heraldry.
–verb (used without object)
3. to be matriculated.
–noun
4. a person who has been matriculated

:hmmm:

Bugeater
09-27-2007, 06:46 PM
ma·tric·u·late
1. to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.
2. to register (a coat of arms), used esp. in Scottish heraldry.
–verb (used without object)
3. to be matriculated.
–noun
4. a person who has been matriculated

:hmmm:
You'd better just matriculate your way to another thread. :shake:

unothadeal
09-27-2007, 06:55 PM
:shrug:

Discuss Thrower
09-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I thought matriculate meant to progress through levels of education... As in, a 7th grader matriculating to the 8th grade.

Logical
09-27-2007, 07:36 PM
The NFL Films story is that they asked Hank to mic up and, at first, he said no. Then, in his hotel room the day of the game, they had a meeting with him and it turned out he was negotiating for money and would agree on condition that they pay him in cash.

I don't recall perfectly if they gave him the payment (I tend to think they did), but, nevertheless, a deal was struck, Hank agreed, and history was made.

The NFL Films guys said they thought Hank was hamming it up for the mic. Lenny has also said that, during that game, Hank would give him plays unnecessarily and explain them in detail.

FAX

Thanks for the info Mr FAX that is something I did not know.

mikey23545
09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
I seriously doubt he was playing to the microphone. I'm sure the NFL Films guys had nothing good to say about Hank since his team had just demolished their two touchdown favorite golden boys.

Do you really think in the biggest game of his life he had time to think about that? I imagine he would have been a little too preoccupied to worry about his image.

FAX
09-27-2007, 08:17 PM
I seriously doubt he was playing to the microphone.

Do you really think in the biggest game of his life he had time to think about that? I imagine he would have been a little too preoccupied to worry about his image.

Doubt all you want, Mr. mikey23545. Lenny the Cool is on the record that Hank was talking a lot more than usual. Len thought it was amusing.

FAX

Deberg_1990
09-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Its a given that anyone who knows they are being filmed or recorded act differently than they normally would under a given situation.

Im sure some of it was real, and alot of it was hamming it up.