PDA

View Full Version : Mistake costs dishwasher $59,000

Donger
09-28-2007, 03:21 PM
The tone of this article makes me want to f*cking puke. Poor Pedro. Yeah, he is here illegally and has chosen to not even learn the f*cking language or pay taxes, but he's really just a hard worker looking for a better life. Now, he "doesn't feel good about this country"?

"They are treating me like a criminal when all I am is a working man," he said. Well, Pedro, YOU ARE A CRIMINAL.

May your f*cking boat home sink in the deepest part of the ocean, you worthless piece of plebeian sh*t.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/27/immigrant.money/index.html

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- For 11 years, Pedro Zapeta, an illegal immigrant from Guatemala, lived his version of the American dream in Stuart, Florida: washing dishes and living frugally to bring money back to his home country.

Two years ago, Zapeta was ready to return to Guatemala, so he carried a duffel bag filled with $59,000 -- all the cash he had scrimped and saved over the years -- to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

But when Zapeta tried to go through airport security, an officer spotted the money in the bag and called U.S. customs officials.

"They asked me how much money I had," Zapeta recalled, speaking to CNN in Spanish.

He told the customs officials $59,000. At that point, U.S. customs seized his money, setting off a two-year struggle for Zapeta to get it back. Video Zapeta describes how he lost his money »

Zapeta, who speaks no English, said he didn't know he was running afoul of U.S. law by failing to declare he was carrying more than $10,000 with him. Anyone entering or leaving the country with more than $10,000 has to fill out a one-page form declaring the money to U.S. customs.

Officials initially accused Zapeta of being a courier for the drug trade, but they dropped the allegation once he produced pay stubs from restaurants where he had worked. Zapeta earned $5.50 an hour at most of the places where he washed dishes. When he learned to do more, he got a 25-cent raise.

After customs officials seized the money, they turned Zapeta over to the Immigration and Naturalization Service. The INS released him but began deportation proceedings. For two years, Zapeta has had two attorneys working pro bono: one on his immigration case, the other trying to get his money back.

"They are treating me like a criminal when all I am is a working man," he said.

Zapeta's story became public last year on CNN and in The Palm Beach Post newspaper, prompting well-wishers to give him nearly $10,000 -- money that now sits in a trust.

Robert Gershman, one of Zapeta's attorneys, said federal prosecutors later offered his client a deal: He could take $10,000 of the original cash seized, plus $9,000 in donations as long as he didn't talk publicly and left the country immediately.

Zapeta said, "No." He wanted all his money. He'd earned it, he said.

Now, according to Gershman, the Internal Revenue Service wants access to the donated cash to cover taxes on the donations and on the money Zapeta made as a dishwasher. Zapeta admits he never paid taxes.

CNN contacted the U.S. Attorneys office in Miami, U.S. Customs and the IRS about Zapeta's case. They all declined to comment.

Marisol Zequeira, an immigration lawyer, said illegal immigrants such as Zapeta have few options when dealing with the U.S. government.

"When you are poor, uneducated and illegal, your avenues are cut," he said.

On Wednesday, Zapeta went to immigration court and got more bad news. The judge gave the dishwasher until the end of January to leave the country on his own. He's unlikely to see a penny of his money.

"I am desperate," Zapeta said. "I no longer feel good about this country."

Zapeta said his goal in coming to the United States was to make enough money to buy land in his mountain village and build a home for his mother and sisters. He sent no money back to Guatemala over the years, he said, and planned to bring it all home at once.
advertisement

At Wednesday's hearing, Zapeta was given official status in the United States -- voluntary departure -- and a signed order from a judge. For the first time, he can work legally in the U.S.

By the end of January, Zapeta may be able to earn enough money to pay for a one-way ticket home so the U.S. government, which seized his $59,000, doesn't have to do so.

seclark
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
"Now, according to Gershman, the Internal Revenue Service wants access to the donated cash to cover taxes on the donations and on the money Zapeta made as a dishwasher. Zapeta admits he never paid taxes."

ooh...paydirt.
sec

Planetman
09-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Adios, Pedro.

Nightfyre
09-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Why would you donate to an illegal immigrant who got caught and then cried about it?

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Illegal aliens take planes in and out now? When I was a kid, illegal aliens couldn't afford to take planes. They waded across rivers and climbed over fences, and they were glad to do it. Today's illegal aliens are spoiled.

Scorp
09-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Why would you donate to an illegal immigrant who got caught and then cried about it?

Because this country is f*cked up, thats why!

pr_capone
09-28-2007, 03:33 PM
I am Hispanic.... the son of immigrants. This pisses me off.

That they took the money from him?

No

The fact that he worked here for 11 years ILLEGALY, paid NO TAXES, and feels he deserves that full 59k back. Most of all... he should be grateful that his ass is not in prison right now for coming into the country illegally and tax evasion.

IMHO, to avoid a ruckus, this is what should happen.

* IRS gets the income tax for those 11 years of pay on which he never paid taxes.

* He is fined just like anyone else would be for paying those taxes late.

* Whatever money is left, if any, he can leave with.

* He is placed on the watch list and never be allowed to return to the US or he goes to prison for tax evasion.

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, cry me a fkn Rio Grande sized River, 'Peedro'.

gmafb, you illegal aliened pos. You have no rights, fuktard!

Stewie
09-28-2007, 03:34 PM
Who employed this guy? Did they not keep records? Only paid him in cash? Wow, what a racket for restaurant owners. I'm pretty sure someone who makes $10K/year won't pay any taxes anyway. He may not have filed, but give him his money and send him on his way.

Demonpenz
09-28-2007, 03:35 PM
come in legally and you can keep whatever money you want after taxes

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't quite get this. He did earn that money but didn't pay taxes. Why doesn't the Govt. take the taxes he would of paid and a reasonable fine for not paying taxes and then give him the remainder and deport him? I don't feel sorry for the guy but he deserves the money he earned minus the taxes and a penalty.

Scorp
09-28-2007, 03:36 PM
He may not have filed, but give him his money and send him on his way.

Prime example of why this country is f*cked up right there. :shake:

pr_capone
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't quite get this. He did earn that money but didn't pay taxes. Why doesn't the Govt. take the taxes he would of paid and a reasonable fine for not paying taxes and then give him the remainder and deport him? I don't feel sorry for the guy but he deserves the money he earned minus the taxes and a penalty.

Quoting my earlier post and adding a +1 would have sufficed.

:D

:p

Duck Dog
09-28-2007, 03:37 PM
This dumb shit should have taken the 19K and ran back to the jungle, he'd still be the richest guy in the tribe.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Quoting my earlier post and adding a +1 would have sufficed.

:D

:p

I was writing my post when you posted. Didn't see it. :)

alpha_omega
Buh-Bye!

Duck Dog

They offered him a 19K deal and he turned it down.

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 03:39 PM

No shit.

That dipshit will never see that type of money again. fuk em.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:40 PM

$19K? Sounds like a tax rate Hillary Clinton would love. It irritates me that he didn't pay his taxes but it also irritates me when the govt. taxes and fines the shite out of people who don't have a lot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Hey everyone, let's pile on the immigrant!!

Yes, the guy should pay taxes and any fines associated with late fees. But those of you who are looking for a soapbox to get on need to chill the f*ck out.

Scorp
09-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't feel sorry for the guy but he deserves the money he earned minus the taxes and a penalty.

Please explain to me why someone deserves anything that is in my country illegally?(except prison time)

Stewie
09-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Prime example of why this country is f*cked up right there. :shake:

Where's the outrage against the employer dickthrob? I'm sure they're pristine, law-abiding, and great folks...

pr_capone
09-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone, let's pile on the ILLEGAL immigrant!!

FYP

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Please explain to me why someone deserves anything that is in my country illegally?(except prison time)

Ok, first I'm not for arresting illegals unless they've committed a crime. I'm for deporting them. Second, he did work hard to scrape together the money, it's his money!

Scorp
Where's the outrage against the employer dickthrob? I'm sure they're pristine, law-abiding, and great folks...

dickthrob?? Your mom made my dick throb last night! ROFL

Stewie

There have been millions of people allowed in this country illegally since people came over from Europe. The derogatory term "WOP" for Italians is because they came over illegally with no papers (with out papers). They weren't the only ones.

Donger
09-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone, let's pile on the immigrant!!

Yes, the guy should pay taxes and any fines associated with late fees. But those of you who are looking for a soapbox to get on need to chill the f*ck out.

I don't need a soapbox. CNN provided it, with this heartfelt pile of sh*t about a criminal caught being a criminal.

Stewie
09-28-2007, 03:45 PM
dickthrob?? Your mom made my dick throb last night! ROFL

You win, Einstein. :rolleyes:

Donger
09-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, first I'm not for arresting illegals unless they've committed a crime.

Do you want to read that again?

Scorp
Ok, first I'm not for arresting illegals unless they've committed a crime. I'm for deporting them. Second, he did work hard to scrape together the money, it's his money!

Exactly why this country has the immigrant problem it has. Just send them back with no punishment. Give them 5 years in prison they would think twice about coming back.

Donger
There have been millions of people allowed in this country illegally since people came over from Europe. The derogatory term "WOP" for Italians is because they came over illegally with no papers (with out papers). They weren't the only ones.

That's incorrect.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 03:47 PM
I don't need a soapbox. CNN provided it, with this heartfelt pile of sh*t about a criminal caught being a criminal.

First of all, you aren't good enough to talk to me, immigrant.

Go whiten your teeth and learn what the f*ck Scope is you ignorant tosser.

:rolleyes:

pr_capone
09-28-2007, 03:47 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4vnqvbsV44"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o4vnqvbsV44" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Stewie
09-28-2007, 03:48 PM
That's incorrect.

(Here's a little hint.) I'm not.

Jenson71
09-28-2007, 03:48 PM
The derogatory term "WOP" for Italians is because they came over illegally with no papers (with out papers).

Not true, guappo.

Donger
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
First of all, you aren't good enough to talk to me, immigrant.

Go whiten your teeth and learn what the f*ck Scope is you ignorant tosser.

First of all? What comes second?

Stewie
Not true, guappo.

Fill me in.

'Hamas' Jenkins
This dumb shit should have taken the 19K and ran back to the jungle, he'd still be the richest guy in the tribe.

Hey everyone, I'm an American, so I'm better than everyone else.

I believe you're wanted back at your cave.

Donger
(Here's a little hint.) I'm not.

Yes, you are. WOP doesn't mean that at all.

Scorp
09-28-2007, 03:50 PM
First of all? What comes second?

Stewies mom? :clap:

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:51 PM

I have nothing against murderers unless they kill someone.

Stewie
Yes, you are. WOP doesn't mean that at all.

What's your source? Guappo is not the source of WOP.

Nightfyre

I believe you're wanted back at your cave.
More like "I'm american why are you taking wealth away from my country and into yours?" Pretty sure if we outsourced dishwashing we'd get a better rate than 5.50 an hour.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:52 PM

Let me revise and extend my remarks. He's here illegally but has committed no crime other than being here and not paying taxes. He deserves to be deported and fined. Case closed.

Maybe the $19K is a fair deal after taxes and after the fine (I'd like to see his gross and his tax rate) but it seems like a big bite by the Govt. to be taking. 59K in 10 years or so isn't a lot of money to have saved.

Scorp
09-28-2007, 03:52 PM
I have nothing against murderers unless they kill someone.

and rapist......well unless they rape someone.

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I could scrimp and save a lot more if I could get out of taxes. Maybe I should try to become a Guatemalan citizen.

ChiefaRoo
and rapist......well unless they rape someone.

Now you're just being silly.

Donger
What's your source? Guappo is not the source of WOP.

The American Heritage Dictionary, Fourth Edition.

Scorp
Let me revise and extend my remarks. He's here illegally but has committed no crime other than being here and not paying taxes. He deserves to be deported and fined. Case closed.

What exactly is there to deter him from coming back illegally again?

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:55 PM

Should you really be using an American dictionary to look up a term about Italians? I don't think you're being culturally sensitive.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 03:55 PM
More like "I'm american why are you taking wealth away from my country and into yours?" Pretty sure if we outsourced dishwashing we'd get a better rate than 5.50 an hour.
Not when you add in shipping costs and breakage.

Frazod
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM

Not neccessarily.

But as an American, I do have a legal right to be in America. This Guatamalan asshat doesn't.

Somebody should try to sneak into Saudi Arabia illegally and see how that would work out for them.

Stewie
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM

What? A dictionary? Check out the two hour documentary on Ellis Island. They show it occasionally on Discover or History. You might learn something... and not just about this topic.

Time to go.

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:57 PM

I have my household dishes washed in Cameroon, and it works out to about $2.15 an hour.

Of course, I have river blindness now, but that's a separate issue.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Not neccessarily.

But as an American, I do have a legal right to be in America. This Guatamalan asshat doesn't.

Somebody should try to sneak into Saudi Arabia illegally and see how that would work out for them.

I don't disagree with you, the part I found objectionable was him acting like the dude was a savage just because he was Guatemalan.

The guy should be deported, fined, and should have to pay the requisite taxes, but it seems to me like a lot of people are using this story as an excuse to let out their hatred for people who don't look like them.

Again, my opinion.

Donger
09-28-2007, 03:59 PM
What? A dictionary? Check out the two hour documentary on Ellis Island. They show it occasionally on Discover or History. You might learn something... and not just about this topic.

Time to go.

Yes, a dictionary. They have meaning of words in them. They have a really cool part called etymology in them. Here's an example:

Main Entry: wop
Pronunciation: 'wäp
Function: noun
Usage: often capitalized
Etymology: Italian dialect guappo swaggerer, tough, from Spanish guapo, probably from Middle French dialect vape, wape weak, insipid, from Latin vappa wine gone flat
usually offensive : ITALIAN

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Why do you assume that we don't look Guatemalan? I think you're not embracing America's cultural diversity.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
I don't disagree with you, the part I found objectionable was him acting like the dude was a savage just because he was Guatemalan.

The guy should be deported, fined, and should have to pay the requisite taxes, but it seems to me like a lot of people are using this story as an excuse to let out their hatred for people who don't look like them.

Again, my opinion.

I don't give a f*ck if this guy doesn't look like me. I'd be just as pissed if some British prick did the same.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Why do you assume that we don't look Guatemalan? I think you're not embracing America's cultural diversity.

Because I'm sure people would espouse beliefs like Duck Dog if he were hispanic. You might want to actually read his post for proper context.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
I don't give a f*ck if this guy doesn't look like me. I'd be just as pissed if some British prick did the same.

I think you may have overdosed on prickolax today. Did your son come home with a Cutler tattoo??

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 04:04 PM

I hate how they do that whole, "we were here before you were" speech when they get caught.

noa
I read this story this morning and had the exact same response as you Donger.
I saw the headline and thought the accident was gonna be that he accidentally destroyed a $59,000 piece of jewelry or accidentally blew up an expensive piece of machinery. The editors are clearly trying to force you to feel bad for the guy, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't muster much sympathy him.

Jenson71

Time to go.

If it's on TV, it must be true.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:06 PM
I think you may have overdosed on prickolax today. Did your son come home with a Cutler tattoo??

No. This is merely one of the few subjects that really irritates me, especially when the article is written the way it is. This part almost brought a tear to my eye...

"By the end of January, Zapeta may be able to earn enough money to pay for a one-way ticket home so the U.S. government, which seized his $59,000, doesn't have to do so."

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:07 PM
I hate how they do that whole, "we were here before you were" speech when they get caught.

I used to say to people, when given crap about losing the Revolutionary War, "Americans were given their independence when England abandoned the American Colonies and permitted them home-rule."

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:07 PM
What exactly is there to deter him from coming back illegally again?

Not enough thanks to our shitty Govt. Officials. The Dems and Repub's are to busy angling for the hispanic vote by offering different forms of amnesty to millions of illegals. IMO that's BS.

Here's what I'd do.

1) Build the fence - quickly
2) Deport illegals right away if they are caught for speeding, etc.
3) Issue a biometric ID card for all legal Americans and Visa holders to keep illegals from using the system
4) Withhold Highway funding to States who have sanctuary cities. - That will change their tune.
5) Fine businesses that knowingly and purposefully hire illegals.
6) Accelerate and streamline the immigration of immigrants who want to come to live here and become Americans and for those who legally just want to come here work and then go home.
7) I would insist on enforcement first before letting more people in legally. The Feds have lost the trust of the American people and it's their job to prove they will hold up their end of the bargain by keeping the illegals out

Not a perfect system but it would eventually reduce the illegals in this country down quite a bit in 5 to 10 years once implemented and would allow the US to still bring in the manual labor workers we need and the highly educated talent we want.

Ok, who wants to make me a Senator?

Nightfyre
09-28-2007, 04:08 PM
And increased inventory of dishes to compensate for the lag created by the process. But I wouldn't outsource dishes. I'd hire legal and local high school students and keep the money inside the USA to increase the spending power of the local economy, which will lead to a small amount of the money coming back to my establishment.

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 04:08 PM
Because I'm sure people would espouse beliefs like Duck Dog if he were hispanic. You might want to actually read his post for proper context.

Duck Dog might be a Nicaraguan who hates Guatemalans. Just a theory.

Nightfyre
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Not enough thanks to our shitty Govt. Officials. The Dems and Repub's are to busy angling for the hispanic vote by offering different forms of amnesty to millions of illegals. IMO that's BS.

Here's what I'd do.

3) Issue a biometric ID card for all legal Americans and Visa holders to keep illegals from using the system
4) Withhold Highway funding to States who have sanctuary cities. - That will change their tune.
6) Accelerate and streamline the immigration of immigrants who want to come to live here and become Americans and for those who legally just want to come here work and then go home.
7) I would insist on enforcement first before letting more people in legally. The Feds have lost the trust of the American people and it's their job to prove they will hold up their end of the bargain by keeping the illegals out

Not a perfect system but it would eventually reduce the illegals in this country down quite a bit in 5 to 10 years once implemented and would allow the US to still bring in the manual workers we need and the highly educated talent we want.

you lost my vote at step 3.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:09 PM

Here's what I'd do.

3) Issue a biometric ID card system to keep illegals from using the system

Not a perfect system but it would eventually reduce the illegals in this country down quite a bit in 5 to 10 years once implemented and would allow the US to still bring in the manual workers we need and the highly educated talent we want.

Sounds overly-complicated enough for government work.

It's quite simple: two warning shots, then a head shot. Defend our borders, or get rid of them.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:10 PM
And increased inventory of dishes to compensate for the lag created by the process. But I wouldn't outsource dishes. I'd hire legal and local high school students and keep the money inside the USA to increase the spending power of the local economy, which will lead to a small amount of the money coming back to my establishment.

I agree.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
Duck Dog might be a Nicaraguan who hates Guatemalans. Just a theory.

He could be....or, you could go on his past posting history and realize that he's an ignorant sonofabitch whose tolerance lies somewhere between David Duke and Louis Farakhan.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Sounds overly-complicated enough for government work.

It's quite simple: two warning shots, then a head shot. Defend our borders, or get rid of them.

I'm all for strict enforcement. Especially against drug runners and violent criminals etc.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
He could be....or, you could go on his past posting history and realize that he's an ignorant sonofabitch whose tolerance lies somewhere between David Duke and Louis Farakhan.

Funny post. Might even be accurate.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:14 PM

Honestly, he wasn't that inaccurate. Pedro did say that he just wanted "enough money to buy land in his mountain village and build a home for his mother and sisters."

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Here's what I'd do.

Not a perfect system but it would eventually reduce the illegals in this country down quite a bit in 5 to 10 years once implemented and would allow the US to still bring in the manual labor workers we need and the highly educated talent we want.

I would like to run against you with my idea of developing a visitor permit that allows foreigners to enter the country for a specified amount of time for work purposes if they pay an entry fee and keep the government apprised of their whereabouts. The fee would pay for the border fence and guards to ensure that the visitor entry points are the only entry point, and then the visitors would pay a special "visitor tax" that covers all local taxes plus another 6.5 percent that would go into the Social Security trust fund. If they want to come here and work, they can pay for it.

Oh, and I have a witness who saw ChiefaRoo tapping his feet in an airport bathroom. Vote for Rain Man.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Honestly, he wasn't that inaccurate. Pedro did say that he just wanted "enough money to buy land in his mountain village and build a home for his mother and sisters."

Yeah, I'm sure that's why he used such "un-loaded" terms as "jungle" and "tribe".

That blue swirl is your credibility circling the drain.

As Adept's sig says, "there is no cause so noble it won't attract f*ckheads"....stop trying to defend the f*ckhead.

Nightfyre
09-28-2007, 04:18 PM
I would like to run against you with my idea of developing a visitor permit that allows foreigners to enter the country for a specified amount of time for work purposes if they pay an entry fee and keep the government apprised of their whereabouts. The fee would pay for the border fence and guards to ensure that the visitor entry points are the only entry point, and then the visitors would pay a special "visitor tax" that covers all local taxes plus another 6.5 percent that would go into the Social Security trust fund. If they want to come here and work, they can pay for it.

Oh, and I have a witness who saw ChiefaRoo tapping his feet in an airport bathroom. Vote for Rain Man.
You can have my vote if and only if the fences have 30000 volts of electricity running through them. (I kid.)

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Conceptually I have no problem with that. Just remember the US wants and needs to continue to grow the economy. The nation is getting older and needs young workers to pay taxes and we want bright young professional workers to come here to study and to become Americans. The thing we don't want to do is to sour the milk so the best and the brightest want to go to another country to make money and live in security and peace. We have to be careful not to kill the golden goose.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that's why he used such "un-loaded" terms as "jungle" and "tribe".

As Adept's sig says, "there is no cause so noble it won't attract f*ckheads"....stop trying to defend the f*ckhead.

Do you think that I give any concern to whether or not you think I have any credibility on this issue?

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:20 PM
You can have my vote if and only if the fences have 30000 volts of electricity running through them. (I kid.)
That would kill a lot of birds and rabbits.

Braincase
09-28-2007, 04:21 PM
All the guy had to do was learn two words... "Wire Transfer".

FAX
09-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Pedro. Oopsie.

FAX

ChiefaRoo

Blue swirl? WTF are you talking about?

'Hamas' Jenkins
Do you think that I give any concern to whether or not you think I have any credibility on this issue?

I'm sure you care about as much as you care that you are actually considered a rational human being in regards to this subject.

I mean, after all, it's not like you wished death upon the guy in your first post or anything.... :doh!:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Blue swirl? WTF are you talking about?

Toilet bowl w/ added tablet :shrug:

Nightfyre
09-28-2007, 04:23 PM
That would kill a lot of birds and rabbits.
But it would evolve races of birds and rabbits who would be smart enough to stay away from the fence. It's really a win-win. (spinning away....)

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM

He didn't want to pay the 8% fee. He got greedy and got burned.

Rain Man
Here's what I'd do.

Chiefaroo supports pork barrel public spending projects of your tax money.

Chiefaroo doesn't believe in fair trials.

Chiefaroo is trying to create a Big Brother government that tracks your every move.

Chiefaroo is against good roads.

Chiefaroo wants to make criminals out of hardworking American business owners.

Chiefaroo wants to open the floodgates of the third world into your hometown and neighborhood.

Chiefaroo believes that a police state represents America's best future.

Chiefaroo - is it worth losing all of your freedoms?

VOTE RAIN MAN! The right stick man for the job.

Donger
I'm sure you care about as much as you care that you are actually considered a rational human being in regards to this subject.

I mean, after all, it's not like you wished death upon the guy in your first post or anything.... :doh!:

I did nothing of the kind. After all, Pedro's got some killer positive buoyancy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 04:25 PM
I did nothing of the kind. After all, Pedro's got some killer positive buoyancy.

Yeah, because we all know how good survival odds are for people whose boat sinks in the deepest part of the ocean.

I'm seriously worried I might get dystentary just from talking to you. I've never seen someone so full of putrid shit in my life.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Chiefaroo supports pork barrel public spending projects of your tax money.

Chiefaroo doesn't believe in fair trials.

Chiefaroo is trying to create a Big Brother government that tracks your every move.

Chiefaroo is against good roads.

Chiefaroo wants to make criminals out of hardworking American business owners.

Chiefaroo wants to open the floodgates of the third world into your hometown and neighborhood.

Chiefaroo believes that a police state represents America's best future.

Chiefaroo - is it worth losing all of your freedoms?

VOTE RAIN MAN! The right stick man for the job.

That's probably how I'd be attacked if I ran against a lib. :) :)

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 04:26 PM

Solar powered, of course. Rain Man for Senate believes in renewable energy.

FAX
09-28-2007, 04:27 PM
I feel a little bad for Pedro. I mean, he's lost his money and has the worst case of dishpan hands in the history of the world.

FAX

'Hamas' Jenkins
"Mr Gotti, did you order Mr. Pantangeli killed??"

'No I certainly did not'

"Then why do we have you on audio tape saying you wanted someone to 'rub him out'?"

'He was dirty'

Skip Towne

Here's what I'd do.

I have a much better idea. Just round 'em all up and ship them to Whichita.

Rain Man

The real key is whether his money is in banknotes or in quarters.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah, because we all know how good survival odds are for people whose boat sinks in the deepest part of the ocean.

I'm seriously worried I might get dystentary just from talking to you. I've never seen someone so full of putrid shit in my life.

Mirror-phobic?

FAX
09-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Is freepedro.org taken? If not, let's collect money for him and charge him 80 percent!!!

FAX

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 04:30 PM
No. This is merely one of the few subjects that really irritates me, especially when the article is written the way it is. This part almost brought a tear to my eye...

"By the end of January, Zapeta may be able to earn enough money to pay for a one-way ticket home so the U.S. government, which seized his $59,000, doesn't have to do so."

Wait a sec. How's he supposed to earn any money? He's not legally employable and the authorities know who he is and where he is now.

ChiefaRoo
I feel a little bad for Pedro. I mean, he's lost his money and has the worst case of dishpan hands in the history of the world.

FAX

He needs to get some of his money back. I think it's unfair he worked so hard and gets nothing.

Donger
Is freepedro.org taken? If not, let's collect money for him and charge him 80 percent!!!

FAX

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070928101107AAkyzKJ

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I have a much better idea. Just round 'em all up and ship them to Whichita.

I think some of them are already here and are mowing the lawns in my mom's sub-division. I stare really hard at them when I drive by.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Wait a sec. How's he supposed to earn any money? He's not legally employable and the authorities know who he is and where he is now.

He's been granted 'voluntary departure' status by the federal government.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:34 PM
He needs to get some of his money back. I think it's unfair he worked so hard and gets nothing.

He WAS offered $19,000. He refused, because he wants all his money back.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 04:38 PM
He's been granted 'voluntary departure' status by the federal government.

Letting him off the hook, eh?

I'm voting Donger then. Sorry, Chiefaroo and Rain Man.

Donger had me at "head shot."

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:39 PM
He WAS offered $19,000. He refused, because he wants all his money back.

Yeah, I know but as I said earlier that seems like a small amount even after taxes and fines.

FAX
09-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Pedro needs to simmah down or he's going to wind up doing time most Americans won't do.

FAX

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:40 PM

That kind of strategy will only allow him to run for congress. To have statewide appeal you have to be a little bit more of a humanitarian or the chicks and mommys won't vote for you.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Yeah, I know but as I said earlier that seems like a small amount even after taxes and fines.

Why?

1) He was here illegally.
2) He paid no taxes.

Do you think that he should pay the same amount as a similar person that IS here legally? Should he not be punished for his crime?

Deportation is nothing, considering he was about to leave anyway.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:42 PM
That kind of strategy will only allow him to run for congress. To have statewide appeal you have to be a little bit more of a humanitarian or the chicks and mommys won't vote for you.

Don't worry. I'm forbidden by law to be POTUS.

FAX
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
What about hand lotion? Can we give him some of that? Or do we just make him hunt down his own aloe vera in the rain forest?

FAX

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Why?

1) He was here illegally.
2) He paid no taxes.

Do you think that he should pay the same amount as a similar person that IS here legally? Should he not be punished for his crime?

Deportation is nothing, considering he was about to leave anyway.

Yes, he should be taxed like everyone else and fined like everyone else. IF that's the case then he should take the $19K and go. That being said I just don't like the concept of paying excessive taxes to the Govt. They just piss too much of it away.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Don't worry. I'm forbidden by law to be POTUS.

I know you limey. But you could be a Senator.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:47 PM
At least I got Hamas to leave the thread, with my stinky, British, poo-breath.

Valiant
09-28-2007, 04:50 PM
That sucks for him. He should get taxed on the amount.. Fined and then the rest given back to him.. I would say probably around 30k.. Then the people who hired him should get fined also..

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 04:55 PM

[cue ominous music in minor key]
Donger is from a nation that once enslaved half the world. Donger, known to his friends as "Tory", would mark the return of taxation without representation, massacres in Boston, Stamp Acts. Donger will incite the Indians to attack settlers. Is THIS the America that you want for your children? [/end ominous music]

Vote Rain Man. Vote for a common sense solution.

Donger
09-28-2007, 04:58 PM
Donger is from a nation that once enslaved half the world. Donger, known to his friends as "Tory", would mark the return of taxation without representation, massacres in Boston, Stamp Acts. Donger will incite the Indians to attack settlers. Is THIS the America that you want for your children? [/end ominous music]

I will also personally break the knee caps of all Denver Broncos' players.

Adept Havelock
09-28-2007, 04:58 PM

ROFL

Best.Attack.Ad.Ever.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 04:59 PM
...Then the people who hired him should get fined also..

I'd rather see them do time, but I'd settle for community service.

Make the irresponsible clowns pick up trash along the highway for the same number of hours/days/weeks/years that they were paying Pedro under the table.

Or maybe they could be sentenced to serve their time washing dishes in a general hospital that has to care for illegal aliens for free.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I will also personally break the knee caps of all Denver Broncos' players.

A man that would inflict that kind of heartache on his own son isn't worthy of my vote.

I'm seriously considering switching my vote to Rain Man (el Hombre de Lluvia.)

Adept Havelock
09-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Make the irresponsible clowns pick up trash along the highway for the same number of hours/days/weeks/years that they were paying Pedro under the table.

Or maybe they could be sentenced to serve their time washing dishes in a general hospital that has to care for illegal aliens for free.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Pity we don't have a leper colony they can work at.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 05:07 PM
At least I got Hamas to leave the thread, with my stinky, British, poo-breath.

It was more due to your wanton dumbassery. Would you have supported Pedro more had he driven an Econoline van that got 8 MPG??

Donger
09-28-2007, 05:10 PM
It was more due to your wanton dumbassery. Would you have supported Pedro more had he driven an Econoline van that got 8 MPG??

No. I fail to see how that is relevant.

It's an emotional issue for me, I'll admit that. I don't like illegal immigrants. I particularly don't like those who get caught and then complain about being treated 'unfairly.'

I do find it interesting that you brought up British stereotypes, however.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 05:14 PM
No. I fail to see how that is relevant.

It's an emotional issue for me, I'll admit that. I don't like illegal immigrants. I particularly don't like those who get caught and then complain about being treated 'unfairly.'

I do find it interesting that you brought up British stereotypes, however.

I brought them up in a complete and obvious satire. Nice try attempting to cover your ass, buddy.

I mainly left the thread for the same reason that I'd leave a raving lunatic on a street corner. It may be interesting to discuss something with him for a few minutes, just to hear his sheer hysteria, but after a while, you get tired of the dog and pony show and move on, because he's not there to really listen or debate, just to run his mouth.

Donger
09-28-2007, 05:18 PM
I brought them up in a complete and obvious satire. Nice try attempting to cover your ass, buddy.

I mainly left the thread for the same reason that I'd leave a raving lunatic on a street corner. It may be interesting to discuss something with him for a few minutes, just to hear his sheer hysteria, but after a while, you get tired of the dog and pony show and move on, because he's not there to really listen or debate, just to run his mouth.

Interesting. You presumed that I was only upset about this because of his country of origin? You do seem to have a lot of hate, Hamas. And guilt.

Most liberals that I've come into contact with are some of the most arrogant and intolerant people I've ever known. It's nice to see that you are no exception.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Interesting. You presumed that I was only upset about this because of his country of origin? You do seem to have a lot of hate, Hamas. And guilt.

Most liberals that I've come into contact with are some of the most arrogant and intolerant people I've ever known. It's nice to see that you are no exception.

ROFL ROFL

May your f*cking boat home sink in the deepest part of the ocean, you worthless piece of plebeian sh*t.

Jesus Christ, you are a sad and pathetic man.

I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt at projection in my life. Nice try, Siggy. ROFL

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 05:23 PM

That actually makes sense.

noa
09-28-2007, 05:24 PM

Most liberals you've met are some of the most arrogant and intolerant people? Does that mean that the other arrogant and intolerant people you've known were not liberals?
In other words, both liberals and conservatives are arrogant and intolerant? Can't argue with that

Donger
09-28-2007, 05:26 PM
ROFL ROFL

Jesus Christ, you are a sad and pathetic man.

I've never seen such a ridiculous attempt at projection in my life. Nice try, Siggy. ROFL

Oh, I fully admit (and have on this very thread) that I am extremely intolerant of illegal immigration. In particular, when those criminals complain about being caught.

You, on the other hand, seem to intolerant of everyone and everything you disagree with. You are the epitome of the classic, arrogant, intolerant, elitist, liberal.

Donger
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Most liberals you've met are some of the most arrogant and intolerant people? Does that mean that the other arrogant and intolerant people you've known were not liberals?
In other words, both liberals and conservatives are arrogant and intolerant? Can't argue with that

Sure. I've met plenty of arrogant and intolerant conservatives, too. My point is that most conservatives will admit that. Liberals will not.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, I fully admit (and have on this very thread) that I am extremely intolerant of illegal immigration. In particular, when those criminals complain about being caught.

You, on the other hand, seem to intolerant of everyone and everything you disagree with. You are the epitome of the classic, arrogant, intolerant, elitist, liberal.
You can try and spin it on to me all you'd like, but you can shit in one hand and wish in the other....

I'd just like to know if I wished death on you for your stance???

Donger
09-28-2007, 05:47 PM
You can try and spin it on to me all you'd like, but you can shit in one hand and wish in the other....

I don't need to spin anything. I didn't wish death on poor Pedro. You extrapolated that.

I'd just like to know if I wished death on you for your stance???

I'm sorry, what?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't need to spin anything. I didn't wish death on poor Pedro. You extrapolated that.

I'm sorry, what?

I wish I could give you a device that would allow you the ability to step out of your own skin so you can see how absolutely stupid you look for trying to maintain that stance.

You can try and spin the top all you want, to deflect away, but the reality of who I am does not in any way mesh up with the perceptions of who you want me to be.

You want me to be intolerant and elitist because it fits well within your own little worldview, but I hate to break it to you, it's just not the case.

I know that must come as a shock, but too f*cking bad. Come up with a defensible stance rather than an avalanche of garbage, and maybe you might come off as a respectable person, rather than a mouthpiece for horseshit.

Good day to you, sire.

Donger
09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I wish I could give you a device that would allow you the ability to step out of your own skin so you can see how absolutely stupid you look for trying to maintain that stance.

You can try and spin the top all you want, to deflect away, but the reality of who I am does not in any way mesh up with the perceptions of who you want me to be.

You want me to be intolerant and elitist because it fits well within your own little worldview, but I hate to break it to you, it's just not the case.

I know that must come as a shock, but too f*cking bad. Come up with a defensible stance rather than an avalanche of garbage, and maybe you might come off as a respectable person, rather than a mouthpiece for horseshit.

Good day to you, sire.

It's not my fault that you wrote something that wasn't comprehensible.

Anyway, it's not "who I want you to be." You are who you are. You seem a moderately intelligent person, but your arrogance is simply overwhelming. I hope that one day, age and experience will allow you to see that self-evident truth.

Mecca
09-28-2007, 06:03 PM

I'm sorry, what?

Saying you wish the guys boat sinks in the deepest part of the ocean is wishing death upon the guy......you can't spin that in any other way.

That is also rather elitist, whether you think it is or not...

Donger
09-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Saying you wish the guys boat sinks in the deepest part of the ocean is wishing death upon the guy......you can't spin that in any other way.

No, it isn't. If I wanted him dead, I would have said so. I'd be just fine with him swimming back to Guatemala, but I'd rather he endure a little difficulty on the voyage.

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 06:06 PM
No, it isn't. If I wanted him dead, I would have said so. I'd be just fine with him swimming back to Guatemala, but I'd rather he endure a little difficulty on the voyage.
It would be better if he drove.

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes, he should be taxed like everyone else and fined like everyone else. IF that's the case then he should take the $19K and go. That being said I just don't like the concept of paying excessive taxes to the Govt. They just piss too much of it away.

Do they just forgive the other taxes like state, local, SSI and etc?
The penalty amount added up for the years with interest would probably take most of it.

Mile High Mania
09-28-2007, 06:30 PM
Sounds like a good guy, but he wasn't here legally and didn't pay taxes. Sure, you can complain about the ills of our system, but it's what we have in place.

He should have taken the $19k and said "see ya later".

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Sounds like a good guy, but he wasn't here legally and didn't pay taxes. Sure, you can complain about the ills of our system, but it's what we have in place.

He should have taken the $19k and said "see ya later".

Burn in hell you stinkin Donko fan.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Explain why the US is entitled to 2/3 of the money this guy earned.

Donger
09-28-2007, 06:45 PM

Because he was here illegally.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Because he was here illegally.

So send him home. Don't take 2/3 of his money. Maybe 1/3.

Donger
09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
So send him home. Don't take 2/3 of his money. Maybe 1/3.

You mean the money he earned while breaking federal law?

Hydrae
09-28-2007, 06:48 PM

2/3 of what he saved, he obviously earned more.

burt
09-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Donger has bad breath?????

Scorp
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM

Screw 2/3rd, the goverment should take it all and throw him into the ocean. Illegal worker isn't entitled to anything he made while working illegaly! PERIOD!

Donger
09-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Donger has bad breath?????

No, I don't. That's just Hamas' egalitarian purity talking.

Unless you disagree with his thinking/opinion, of course.

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 06:54 PM

Fines, penalties, interest, local tax, SSI, UE tax. take a shit tax, etc.

I once received a notice from the IRS stating I did not file my taxes for a single year (5 years previously) and that I owed over $18,000 total including interest, penalties, etc...Never had a warning, notice or anything.

I about sh-t my pants and was worried, mainly because I was in the service at the time and thought I was screwed. I sent them a copy of the filed tax year and they sent me a refund for over $500 due to an error on my part while filing.

I can see how they came to that amount after my experience from owing over $18,000 to getting a $500 return in a 5 year time span.

If the person did not worry to pay taxes or get here legally and only use our resources to better their family back home, why should we "worry" about the rate when he was caught?

Do not do the crime if you can not do the time.

Moon§hiner
09-28-2007, 06:59 PM
All this stir about one guy getting caught....I was living in Tyler Texas for a few months and was hired to get the books straightened out for a lawn care service. Over 150 employees that had no SSN but had taxes held out. IRS hadn't gotten a dime. So they came in. It was time for me to move on. The businesses that hire these people are as much to blame as the illegals. Multiply that business by how many lawn care services there are in the south, not even considering where you live and it's mind boggling.

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 07:04 PM
All this stir about one guy getting caught....I was living in Tyler Texas for a few months and was hired to get the books straightened out for a lawn care service. Over 150 employees that had no SSN but had taxes held out. IRS hadn't gotten a dime. So they came in. It was time for me to move on. The businesses that hire these people are as much to blame as the illegals. Multiply that business by how many lawn care services there are in the south, not even considering where you live and it's mind boggling.

I agree!

I am more interested in the companies he worked for than I am the worker. I just have a problem with whining after being caught green handed.

Why did the report not mention the company, why they hired someone illegal and then paid them cash and what was happening to them?

Uncle_Ted
09-28-2007, 07:05 PM

Eh, go easy on the guy ... the only way some people can get their rocks off and demonstrate their manhood is by picking on hardworking people from 3rd world countries.

Donger
09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Eh, go easy on the guy ... the only way some people can get their rocks off and demonstrate their manhood is by picking on hardworking people from 3rd world countries.

I'm amazed that any legal American, naturalized or not, is not revolted by this article and this situation.

I don't care if he is "hard-working." I do care that he chose to do so illegally.

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 07:22 PM

ROFL

qft

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm amazed that any legal American, naturalized or not, is not revolted by this article and this situation.

I don't care if he is "hard-working." I do care that he chose to do so illegally.

I care about both factors.

Dartgod
09-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Burn in hell you stinkin Donko fan.
Lighten up, Francis. He's one of the good ones.

In fact, we have quite a few fans of other teams who are well respected. You might want to take a little time to find out who they are before you start running your mouth.

Donger
09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
I care about both factors.

Why? Does not the one cancel out the other, IYO? Look at it rationally: he works hard, even though he is here is defiance of federal law. And, he pays no taxes. In other words, he a is a leech, an illegal one. America benefits NOTHING from this person. He is here to benefit himself, and no one else.

dtebbe
09-28-2007, 07:56 PM
I was feeling sorry for him right up to the point where I found out he didn't pay taxes. The law worked just the way it was supposed to.

I'm sick of paying out my a$$ for taxes...

DT

Rain Man
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM

Yeah, they should be fair and take out more, so his taxes will be the same as mine. Why does he get off easy?

Logical
09-28-2007, 08:15 PM
I am Hispanic.... the son of immigrants. This pisses me off.

That they took the money from him?

No

The fact that he worked here for 11 years ILLEGALY, paid NO TAXES, and feels he deserves that full 59k back. Most of all... he should be grateful that his ass is not in prison right now for coming into the country illegally and tax evasion.

IMHO, to avoid a ruckus, this is what should happen.

* IRS gets the income tax for those 11 years of pay on which he never paid taxes.

* He is fined just like anyone else would be for paying those taxes late.

* Whatever money is left, if any, he can leave with.

* He is placed on the watch list and never be allowed to return to the US or he goes to prison for tax evasion.Common sense approach, this will never occur.

Mecca
09-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Those illegal's are totally killing our economy......when you find some American citizens that will pick fields let me know....

ChiefaRoo
09-28-2007, 08:53 PM
Why? Does not the one cancel out the other, IYO? Look at it rationally: he works hard, even though he is here is defiance of federal law. And, he pays no taxes. In other words, he a is a leech, an illegal one. America benefits NOTHING from this person. He is here to benefit himself, and no one else.

No they don't cancel each other out. I agree he has been cheating society by not paying taxes and he should pay his taxes along with the necessary fines/interest. He should also be deported. My only beef is I don't like the concept of our Govt. reaching into peoples pockets and shaking them until most of the money falls out. Maybe I'm misplacing my belief in this case but it still irritates me.

pikesome
09-28-2007, 08:55 PM
No they don't cancel each other out. I agree he has been cheating society by not paying taxes and he should pay his taxes along with the necessary fines/interest. He should also be deported. My only beef is I don't like the concept of our Govt. reaching into peoples pockets and shaking them until most of the money falls out. Maybe I'm misplacing my belief in this case but it still irritates me.

What about fines for being here illegally or not paying his taxes? I don't know if they're large enough to account for the difference but there has to be some sort of fine on the books.

Donger
09-28-2007, 09:00 PM

I'm fine with them shaking him until the f*cking fillings in his teeth fall out. He had no legal basis for being here in the first place, period.

That really is it for me. There are ways to come to this country legally. This man CHOSE not to do so.

I have ZERO sympathy for him, or those like him.

dtebbe
09-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Those illegal's are totally killing our economy......when you find some American citizens that will pick fields let me know....

There are plenty of people I know in MO that are out there hauling hay, cutting (and the 9000 other form of labor required to raise) tobacco, cutting weeds out of beans, etc. Hell in high school we fought over these jobs, and I used to make almost $7 an hour (when I was 14 in 1985) cutting (or spraying) weeds in beans. I don't buy that BS that americans are not wanting those jobs.

DT

Easy 6
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
He should have took the 19k & ran like hell, i'm sure thats a small fortune in Guatemala.

A couple of weeks ago, i had some Mexican guys from a nearby meat processing plant (thats been raided & busted SEVERAL times for hiring illegals...Cargill) come into my car dealership looking for beaters to buy & send back home for resale, when i gave them the price, plus tax, it was "oh, no, no, no we no pay taxes". They didnt buy shit.

How f@cking dare you...you dont pay taxes, but the state is covering your child care expenses & damn near everything else, food stamps, medical...the works.

I'm sick of the free ride these people expect to get on the backs of tax paying Americans of ALL colors.

Viva Lou Dobbs!!!

Valiant
09-28-2007, 09:22 PM
He should have took the 19k & ran like hell, i'm sure thats a small fortune in Guatemala.

A couple of weeks ago, i had some Mexican guys from a nearby meat processing plant (thats been raided & busted SEVERAL times for hiring illegals...Cargill) come into my car dealership looking for beaters to buy & send back home for resale, when i gave them the price, plus tax, it was "oh, no, no, no we no pay taxes". They didnt buy shit.

How f@cking dare you...you dont pay taxes, but the state is covering your child care expenses & damn near everything else, food stamps, medical...the works.

I'm sick of the free ride these people expect to get on the backs of tax paying Americans of ALL colors.

Viva Lou Dobbs!!!

You should give them the offer of either buying the car with tax or without tax.. (example)1000dollars for the car and 200 for tax or buy the car without paying tax for 1200..

Easy 6
09-28-2007, 09:30 PM
You should give them the offer of either buying the car with tax or without tax.. (example)1000dollars for the car and 200 for tax or buy the car without paying tax for 1200..

We werent even close to the price they wanted anyway.

They basically wanted these 2 trucks at cost.

Free loadin' bastards.

C-Mac
09-28-2007, 09:33 PM

Easy 6
09-28-2007, 09:37 PM

LMAO

Skip Towne
09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm fine with them shaking him until the f*cking fillings in his teeth fall out. He had no legal basis for being here in the first place, period.

That really is it for me. There are ways to come to this country legally. This man CHOSE not to do so.

I have ZERO sympathy for him, or those like him.
I think they ought to kick out all the Limeys. How did your sorry ass get in?

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 09:57 PM

Limeys colonized this country. They can stay.

09-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I suppose CNN ran a fluff piece on how mistreated he was.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Worked out well for the French in Indo-China....

Skip Towne
09-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Did you miss the part where we had to forcefully throw them out? BTW, how the hell did your Scottish ass get in? We've got to tighten up the immigration standards.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Worked out well for the French in Indo-China....

Well, they forgot to exterminate an enormous fraction of the native population and corral the remainder.

Donger
09-28-2007, 10:06 PM

Legally.

Skip Towne
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Well, they forgot to exterminate an enormous fraction of the native population and corral the remainder.
We did too. We were making enemies faster than we could kill them.

Orlandochiefsgrl
09-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Nobody deserves money they made if while even in the slightest was obtained in what would be illegal circumstances.

ClevelandBronco
09-28-2007, 10:59 PM
Nobody deserves money they made if while even in the slightest was obtained in what would be illegal circumstances.

So that would apply to the profits the business made while Pedro was employed? You'd confiscate that money as well?

Y'know, we can solve a whole lot of this problem on this side of the border if we just make it too painful for Americans to risk employing illegals.

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM

You mean that if I was a drug dealer and earned 3 millions dollars before I was caught, I would have to forfeit it?

I was a hard worker and wanted to take care of my mom in Columbia? I should have paid taxes for this advantage? Fudge that.

Why?

:cuss:

Screw the facts in this thread!

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 11:02 PM
So that would apply to the profits the business made while Pedro was employed? You'd confiscate that money as well?

Y'know, we can solve a whole lot of this problem on this side of the border if we just make it too painful for Americans to risk employing illegals.

Why not?

Just because they are legal citizens, should make the repercussions more harsh.

I bet it would stop if the company faced the same circumstances or worse.

TinyEvel
09-28-2007, 11:08 PM
He should be legalized so that he can buy season tickets and then have the right to complain about Carl/Herm.

Smed1065
09-28-2007, 11:37 PM
He should be legalized so that he can buy season tickets and then have the right to complain about Carl/Herm.

He is until January. Unfortunately, I think that is enough time to bitch about CP.

CP will sell him season tickets by then.

The government (we) will buy him a ticket home.

Iowanian
09-29-2007, 12:48 AM
If he'd have just smuggled the roll of mon-ay in his arse in place of the Kilo of Cocain he brought INTO the country with him....he'd be sitting on an ice cube in Guatamala, count his un-taxed but funny smelling money.

I'm guessing Hamas could smuggle 2 Kilos without a noticable limp, however his head being at an elevation above his pelvis, might give him altitude sickness.

StcChief
09-29-2007, 08:14 AM

that's right. I have been saying that for long time.

Tiger's Fan
09-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Rookie POS n00b here. Frankly, I can't believe people on here defend people being here illegally. Doesn't that in and of itself cancel out any rights one has to begin with? It does in my opinion, for what thats worth.

banyon
09-29-2007, 09:27 AM

Yup, that would've made it pretty easy.

The more I hear about this story, the more convinced I am this guy is either a dumb*** or a liar.

Why didn't he just wire the money like most illegals do? Why was he flying? Why did he refuse the $19k deal on the table?

I mean either he is just stupidly greedy, or he didn't make all of this money washing dishes. For someone who is scrimpin' every penny, why not take that duffel back and huff it across the wire fence? Was he worried that Mexican federales would try to steal it from him?

Extra Point
09-29-2007, 09:39 AM
By the time he gets through with the arbitration, he'll go home with $18,000, net of tax and penalties.

The Feds and State authorities thank him for playing.

Simplex3
09-29-2007, 10:14 AM
We're talking about Palm Beach, FL man.

Simplex3
09-29-2007, 10:33 AM

Bingo. If you hire an illegal you go to jail for a year. Period. You hired 3 illegals? 3 years in jail. Period.

Oh, and when you DO find an illegal, you confiscate everything in their possession except the clothes they're wearing and send them the f**k back THAT DAY.

There would be rampant crime through the US for about two years while the illegals who are already here are scrambling to try and stay alive without a job, but eventually they'd figure it out and leave.

ChiefaRoo
09-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I already told you guys how the Govt. can fix this.

Here's what I'd do.

Simplex3
09-29-2007, 12:05 PM
I already told you guys how the Govt. can fix this.

Here's what I'd do.

Yes, but how are you going to address the fact that #3 is unconstitutional there slappy?

There's also a little problem with #4 in the fact that you're taking money from a state for something a city is doing. The state is no more in control of the city than the feds are.

#6 is a great way to let illegals who mean us harm slip through the system as well.

I'd say you're plenty dumb to be a Senator, though.

FAX
09-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Those are good ideas, to be sure, Mr. ChiefaRoo. You might consider adding some of these to your platform of change.

1) Force every illegal immigrant currently in the country to wear bright orange pantaloons and study the blindfolded trapeze method for 1 year.
2) Make every company that hires illegals give everybody else some of their money.
3) Nationalize all Mexican food including the tortilla.
4) Pass a law to call the sombrero what it is. A big ass, floppy hat.
5) Develop the necessary technology so that at the prompt, "press 1 for English", pressing 0 blows up the phone on the other end.

FAX

ChiefaRoo
09-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Yes, but how are you going to address the fact that #3 is unconstitutional there slappy?

There's also a little problem with #4 in the fact that you're taking money from a state for something a city is doing. The state is no more in control of the city than the feds are.

#6 is a great way to let illegals who mean us harm slip through the system as well.

I'd say you're plenty dumb to be a Senator, though.

I think the biometric card could be piggybacked onto the Drivers license. Listen, I don't like the idea of the Govt. being intrusive but we have to figure out who is a citizen and who is illegal. Maybe there is a simpler way.

The State legislatures can put tremendous pressure on the cities. Remember this is how the feds handled the drinking age issue back in the day. Texas insisted in not changing the drinking age to 21 and so the feds threatened the State by withholding their hwy funds. The State Leg. passed the laws and the cities fell in line.

#6 We need to let people who are smart and hard working to have access to the country. We want the best and the brightest from around the world who want to be Americans to come here. We also need young workers here legally even if they don't want to be Americans. The baby boomers are aging and we need the youth (just like the Chiefs). No reason why we can't set up a system for migrant workers and speed up legal immigration. It just needs to be well managed. Can the Govt. do that? I would hope we could figure that out.

Summary: We don't want to close America off. Lookit my best friend is a first generation American who came to the US from Turkey. He believes in freedom, opportunity and he is as patriotic as anyone on this board. He's extremely smart and well educated (except he's a Vikings fan and likes soccer) and is a VP of Acct. for United Agri Products making serious bank. He married an American girl and has two daughters. We want people like him to be Americans. It's good for the nation.

ChiefaRoo
09-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Those are good ideas, to be sure, Mr. ChiefaRoo. You might consider adding some of these to your platform of change.

1) Force every illegal immigrant currently in the country to wear bright orange pantaloons and study the blindfolded trapeze method for 1 year.
2) Make every company that hires illegals give everybody else some of their money.
3) Nationalize all Mexican food including the tortilla.
4) Pass a law to call the sombrero what it is. A big ass, floppy hat.
5) Develop the necessary technology so that at the prompt, "press 1 for English", pressing 0 blows up the phone on the other end.

FAX

I like #4. :)