PDA

View Full Version : J! E! T! S! Sue! Sue! Sue!

The Franchise
09-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Jets fan sues Patriots, Belichick for $184M
Associated Press, Updated 1 hour ago

NEW YORK (AP) - A New York Jets season-ticket holder filed a class-action lawsuit Friday against the New England Patriots and coach Bill Belichick for "deceiving customers."

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newark, N.J., by Carl Mayer of Princeton Township, N.J., stems from the Patriots being caught illegally videotaping signals from Jets coaches in New England's 38-14 season-opening win Sept. 9.
"They violated the integrity of the game," Mayer's attorney, Bruce Afran, told The Associated Press. "This is a way of punishing Belichick and the Patriots."

Mayer is seeking more than $184 million in damages for Jets ticket holders.

Belichick was fined $500,000 by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, and the team was fined $250,000 for violating a league rule that prohibits clubs from using a video camera on the sidelines for any purpose — including recording signals relayed to opposing players on the field. New England also must forfeit a first-round draft pick next year if it makes the playoffs or a second- and third-rounder if it doesn't.

"They were deceiving customers," said the 48-year-old Mayer. "You can't deceive customers."

The lawsuit maintained that because other teams found illegal videotaping by the defendants, Jets ticket holders should be compensated for all games played in Giants Stadium between the Jets and Patriots since Belichick became head coach in 2000.

The two calculated that because customers paid $61.6 million to watch eight "fraudulent" games, they're entitled to triple that amount — or $184.8 million — in compensation under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization Act and the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act.

"How many times have the Patriots done this? We find it hard to believe they did it just once," Mayer said. "We just want to get to the truth of the matter of what the Patriots did to the Jets. I think the ticket holders are genuinely concerned about it. This is a type of misrepresentation."

Patriots spokesman Stacey James declined to comment on the lawsuit.

Mayer and Afran, who consider themselves public interest lawyers, have been thorns in the side of New Jersey politicians for years, filing lawsuits and demanding investigations to advance their grievances. They are well known in the state but generally have had little success in their causes.

Both have lost bids for elected offices, and Mayer once served as a presidential campaign adviser to Ralph Nader.

Their demand in March for a probe of Gov. Jon S. Corzine's gifts to a former girlfriend was rejected by a federal prosecutor. In 2006, a judge vetoed their effort to block Corzine's appointment of Rep. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., to fill the governor's seat in the U.S. Senate.

They also failed to get a court to order a special election to replace Gov. James E. McGreevey when he resigned in 2004.

Now, they're taking on the Patriots.

Their latest lawsuit asserted that the secret videotaping violated the contractual "expectations and rights" of Jets ticket holders "to observe an honest match played in compliance with all laws and regulations."

The actions of Belichick and the Patriots violated federal and state racketeering laws, as well as the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and New Jersey Deceptive Business Practices Act, according to the lawsuit.

"Having been a lifelong Jets fan, as soon as I heard this, I was completely outraged," Mayer said. "The NFL just slapped them on the wrist. I'm a consumer lawyer, and this is consumer fraud."

BucEyedPea
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh! That must be BillParcells! LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
09-28-2007, 05:53 PM
What a ****ing moron.

:shake:

Wonder if Pedro is gonna get in on this action......

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Awesome.

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
What a ****ing moron.

:shake:

Wonder if Pedro is gonna get in on this action......

Your wife still has saggin titties. ROFL!

OnTheWarpath15
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
First in with the Class Action Suit against Carl Peterson.

We STH were deceived with talk of a 5-year plan.....

:p

RedDread
09-28-2007, 05:57 PM
you think that's crazy, remember the dude that sued Vick from prison for trying to buy nukes to send to Iran or somesuch?

Well, he's at it again.....

Jonathan Lee Riches© v. Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Randy Moss

Since the 1970’s Bill Belichick and Defendant’s have been in a vast conspiracy with video equipment to illegally tape anything and everything with significant value. Belichick has been secretly recording numerous scandals nation wide over the years. Belichick intercepted calls in 1996 of Representative John Boehner Dec 21, 1996 driving behind Boehuer on a Florida highway, then Defendant illegally sued the pirate tape to Representative James McDermott for $250,000 thousand. Then Belichick gave the $250,000 to Tom Brady’s parents to buy a Cape Cod home, in return the Brady would play for the New England Patriots, and Brady made Belichick promise that Belichick will arrange to get the starting quarterback Drew Bledsoe hurt in games.

Bill Belichick is in a conspiracy today with Los Angles spy Anthony Pelicano to bug and record the home residence of NFL commissioner Rodger Goodel. Pelicano under Belichick’s orders went to Goodel’s home the day after he became commissioner, and put listening devices on all of Goodel’s phone lines, put bugs in Goodel’s bedrrom, and video cameras on the GPS feed in Goodel’s bathroom. Everyday Belichick watches the commissioners moves and records it without the commissioners knowing. Belichick told me “I’m going to blackmail Rodger Goodel, make him resign, then take over to be commissioner.” Belichick told me “when I become commissioner I’ll let any player do steroids.” “I don’t care, I need players on steroids to get t.v. ratings.” Belichick also told me “I’m the real father to Tom Brady’s child.”

The NFL can’t stop Belichick form recording other teams. Belichick has cameras on the Goodyear Blimp with the help of the NSA has the lens zoomed down to the opponents sidelines at Gillette Stadium. I worked as a Janitor at the stadium in 2001. I personally know Foxboro Stadium had video cameras in the bathroom stalls, and Defendant’s have a monthly contract to sell the footage to Idaho Senator Larry Craig. This Bathroom scandal I’m exposing also involves the producers of Candid Camera who buys Belickick’s secret recordings in stadium bathroom stalls from every home game in 2002 and 2003 without the public knowing they are being recorded using the bathroom. Defendant’s also use the footage for voyeurism. On Nov 10, 2002 while cleaning Belichick’s office I found bathroom recordings of fans and snuff video’s inside Belichick’s desk. He also had secret recordings of board members at Heward Packard.

Belichick is a peeping Tom Brady. He has secret wiretaps on every starting quarterback in the NFL from their homes. Belichick asked me once on October 20, 2003 if I will sit in a van across the street from quarterback Chad Pennington on the NY Jets house and record his every moves. Belichick is so obsessed with recording people I caught him with transcripts at m plea bargain hearing in my federal criminal case when my 6th amendment rights are being violated. Belichick is withholding this evidence.

Belichick is a sick and mentally disturbed man. He told me on a phone call on Aug 20, 2007 that he recorded, that he sends Randy Moss to Boston hospitals to spy on ultra sounds. Rand Moss is sent everyday under Belichick’s orders to record traffic signals at red lights in Boston. All of the Defendant’s I witnessed sleep with Kodak film.

May 6, 2007 - Defendant’s sold my copyrighted pictures to the National Enquirer. I’m very camera shy and feel humiliated by Defendant’s conduct. September 16, 2007 - Defendant’s Brady and Moss wore recording devices in their uniforms during the game against the San Diego Chargers. Moss also secretly installed a Radio Shack recording device on the sleeve of Chargers LB Merriman without Merriman knowing. When LB Merriman would go back to the huddle, Belichick heard the play calling. This is cheating. Belechick does this at many games.

On May 20, 2006 - Defendant’s illegally taped my prison phone calls to my family then sold the tapes to CNN producer Andy Segal who illegally aired my copyrighted voice on CNN presents “How to Rob a Bank.” I experienced an invasion of privacy from Defendant’s actions, my heart is broke forever. I’m terrified of Defendant Belichick. He told me if I expose his illegal wire taps that he would get the owners of the Patriots, Mr. Kraft who owns Kraft Foods to put poison in the Kraft cheese I eat at prison. On June 13, 2007 - I was illegally video taped by Defendant’s in my cell naked, this tape was played at the 2007 NFL draft. Defendant’s then sold Jonathan Lee Riches© copyrighted material to Julius Rosenburg at a drop site in Bunker Hill, who sold the material to Chinese cyber crime officials. Oct 2003 - Defendant’s made tapes for rapper R. Kelly of underage girls. April 4, 2003 - Defendant’s planted recording devices in the U.S. Supreme Court. That’s illegal. May 20, 2006 - Defendant’s recod what my mind is thinking. Defendants cheated during the 2005 Super bowl against the Philidelphia Eagles. Before the game Tom Brady put a recording device in Donovan McNabb’s Chunky Soup. He ate it.

http://dreadnaught.wordpress.com/2007/09/26/jonathan-lee-riches%c2%a9-v-bill-belichick-tom-brady-and-randy-moss/

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:07 PM
First in with the Class Action Suit against Carl Peterson.

We STH were deceived with talk of a 5-year plan.....

:p

I can't wait to meet your wife at section 312, row 6. We can swap at the hotel room. I will bring a hot piece of tail for you.

crazycoffey
09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
I can't wait to meet your wife at section 312, row 6. We can swap at the hotel room. I will bring a hot piece of tail for you.

ahhh, MODS, what's up with this ahole, is it that Ozark fag again?

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:11 PM
ahhh, MODS, what's up with this ahole, is it that Ozark Rump Ranger again?

I am a fellow Chief fan. You are all my friends. If you can't handle a little jabbin, then go suck on your momma's tit, you puss.

crazycoffey
09-28-2007, 06:14 PM
I am a fellow Chief fan. You are all my friends. If you can't handle a little jabbin, then go suck on your momma's tit, you puss.

I think you are crossing the line a bit there with the jabs getting pretty personal. Is it your business to post seat locations along with slanderous posts, could be concieved as threatening....

You are an internet punk with nothing better to do than sling shit.

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 06:23 PM
I think you are crossing the line a bit there with the jabs getting pretty personal. Is it your business to post seat locations along with slanderous posts, could be concieved as threatening....

You are an internet punk with nothing better to do than sling shit.

Next thing you know he'll get your grandfather's phone number...

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:24 PM

Did you ever nail Amie Eller?

Buck
09-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I hope that they win that lawsuit, it may be the only time the Patriots lose this season.

09-28-2007, 06:28 PM
This is ridiculous and pathetic, it makes me ashamed to be a Jets fan.

09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
ROFL

crazycoffey
09-28-2007, 06:34 PM

Sweet, call my gramps, he's cool as shit! :)

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Did you ever nail Amie Eller?

No, but I'm sure several Chiefs did.

09-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Oh! That must be BillParcells! LMAO
:spock:

Ok, half fan. which side are you rooting for now?

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:40 PM
No, but I'm sure several Chiefs did.

Who? Spill the beans!!! Do you have photo or video evidence?

Hammock Parties
09-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Who? Spill the beans!!! Do you have photo or video evidence?

Trust me, those River Falls chicks are getting passed around like peace pipes. And not just by the players.

noa
09-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Its the American way

Skoal_Chief
09-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Trust me, those River Falls chicks are getting passed around like peace pipes. And not just by the players.

Show me some pics of the TNA in River Falls! Did you get in on some of the action?

BucEyedPea
09-28-2007, 06:57 PM
:spock:

Ok, half fan. which side are you rooting for now?
Hi! Bill! *waving*

I root for three this weekend. Denver to beat the Colts.
And I found the perfect sport's bar, right near me that has a huge screen to my left with the Bucs and a huge screen to my right with the Pats. I get swivel neck but that's okay! :D

Guess RatGate's not over up in Joizee! :evil:

DaFace
09-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Do teams share profits from each game, or do they just get the revenues from their own home games? I have always thought it was the latter. If that's the case, the lawsuit should be going after the Jets' money - not the Pats.

JuicesFlowing
09-28-2007, 07:17 PM
184 mill in damages? Over a football game? You can buy several countries with that much money. Good luck.