PDA

View Full Version : Ive noticed a distinct lack of......

Deberg_1990
09-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Royals threads recently. Is it because they are in last again??

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 07:30 PM
It's because they are finishing with a whimper.

I've seen that like..............oh, the last 25 years or so. :mad:

Deberg_1990
09-28-2007, 07:32 PM
It's because they are finishing with a whimper.

I've seen that like..............oh, the last 25 years or so. :mad:

Yea, for all the Dayton gung ho talk, overall, it looks like same old same old Royals to me.

Wake me when this club makes the playoffs sometime in 2028.

ChiTown
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea, for all the Dayton gung ho talk, overall, it looks like same old same old Royals to me.

by the way, my "last 25 yrs" comment should have been "last 15 years or so". Sorry.

JohninGpt
09-28-2007, 07:33 PM
At this point in the season, nothing they do will make any difference.

eazyb81
09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
There are only 2 games left for a team that will finish in last or 2nd to last. What's there to talk about?

Hopefully we have a big Adam Dunn trade to talk about here in a month or two....

Deberg_1990
09-28-2007, 07:36 PM
There are only 2 games left for a team that will finish in last or 2nd to last.

Umm.....the Royals are currently last again. 2 games back of the White Sox. Looks like they will finish last once again.

Mr. Laz
09-28-2007, 07:37 PM

apparently you didn't watch the games much.

stupid baiting thread like this isn't gonna win ya many fans either.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2007, 07:39 PM
apparently you didn't watch the games much.

stupid baiting thread like this isn't gonna win ya many fans either.

I watched a few. Im just saying overall, it looks like nothing has changed. Yes, the pitching has improved, but now we cant hit and score runs.

This team still blows and needs major work.

Sure-Oz
09-28-2007, 07:45 PM
The chiefs season started is likely a big reason why and htey kind've tanked lately

beer bacon
09-28-2007, 07:58 PM
What a great thread.

beer bacon
09-28-2007, 08:01 PM
You watch a "few' games, and now you are starting a thread about how nothing has changed. Why don't you actually keep up with the team before you make a statement like that. It was a stupid idea to start this thread.

Deberg_1990
09-28-2007, 08:05 PM
You watch a "few' games, and now you are starting a thread about how nothing has changed. Why don't you actually keep up with the team before you make a statement like that. It was a stupid idea to start this thread.

Tell me what has changed? In the grand scheme of things they are still last, and have lost 90+ games.

Ultimately, All that matters is wins and losses.

BigMeatballDave
09-28-2007, 08:40 PM
1. Its football season.
2. Yes, they have laid a giant turd over the last 6 weeks.

Coach
09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Tell me what has changed? In the grand scheme of things they are still last, and have lost 90+ games.

Ultimately, All that matters is wins and losses.

Well gee, let's see here....

Outside of Sanders and Weeney, most of the players who are getting the bulk of the playing time are the young players, which was a change from the past.

petegz28
09-28-2007, 11:31 PM
They are doing too much Bs right now to win. Platooning Smith and Pena, Butler playing more at first, Hochavur in the pen, De La Rosa has been hurt, Davies sucks, La Rue should be cut, German hasn't really played a lot lately.....so between all that and Bell just being a dumb ass it has been a suck month

backburner
09-28-2007, 11:33 PM
royals should be 3rd in the central next year if the coaching change goes right then everybody will be talking about playoffs 2009

RedDread
09-28-2007, 11:35 PM
We're saving them up for a few weeks down the road when the Chiefs are out of it and it's all we have to look forward to.

Sadly their prospects for '08 look brighter than the Chiefs :(

petegz28
09-28-2007, 11:38 PM
We're saving them up for a few weeks down the road when the Chiefs are out of it and it's all we have to look forward to.

Sadly their prospects for '08 look brighter than the Chiefs :(

hey I am going to tell you what, if we get a Manager that knows WTF he is doing this team is going to compete for the division. We have seen we have the talent to beat everyone in our division. The days of just being the ALC Bitch are over.

Gordon and Butler both go yard 25 times each if not more next year.

Grienke and Bannister both have 15+ wins.

RedDread
09-28-2007, 11:40 PM
hey I am going to tell you what, if we get a Manager that knows WTF he is doing this team is going to compete for the division. We have seen we have the talent to beat everyone in our division. The days of just being the ALC Bitch are over.

Gordon and Butler both go yard 25 times each if not more next year.

Grienke and Bannister both have 15+ wins.

I agree, I just find it saddening that I'm more excited about the '08 Royals than the '07 Chiefs....in September :deevee:

teedubya
09-28-2007, 11:42 PM
The future of the Royals is very much dependent on the next manager of the team.

Plus with all the renovations going on... its unreal. Tonight, we had a blast at the game.

In fact, we are going tomorrow and Sunday as well. End the season with a bang with my 5 year old son.

petegz28
09-28-2007, 11:45 PM
The future of the Royals is very much dependent on the next manager of the team.

Plus with all the renovations going on... its unreal. Tonight, we had a blast at the game.

In fact, we are going tomorrow and Sunday as well. End the season with a bang with my 5 year old son.

The only thing that sucked tonight was Davies. You can color me very unimpressed with him so far.

tk13
09-28-2007, 11:55 PM
I think there's a lot of stuff to be excited about. We have three good young starters, a good young closer, Butler and Gordon will be a year older, we have a ton of money coming off the books to spend, and there doesn't appear to be a managerial candidate out there who doesn't want to work for Dayton.

Mecca
09-28-2007, 11:56 PM
I wonder if they'll spend the money on some bum causing everyone to go apeshit...

KurtCobain
09-28-2007, 11:57 PM
I wonder if they'll spend the money on some bum causing everyone to go apeshit...

Way to think positive!

ChiefsCountry
09-28-2007, 11:57 PM

I doubt it. Atlanta never really got into big spending on free agents unless they helped the team.

petegz28
09-29-2007, 12:01 AM

Name one bum Moore has brought in so far?

tk13
09-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Personally, I think we're gonna make a run at Bonds. We'll see. I think it makes sense... even Gammons and Buster Olney mentioned the Royals on Baseball Tonight the other night regarding Bonds... which got a laugh out of Kruk, but whatever.

petegz28
09-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Personally, I think we're gonna make a run at Bonds. We'll see. I think it makes sense... even Gammons and Buster Olney mentioned the Royals on Baseball Tonight the other night regarding Bonds... which got a laugh out of Kruk, but whatever.

No one should be laughing at the Royals right now. If they do they are just stupid. If you can't see the future of this team has better days ahead for it then you don't belong in sports.

Are we the Yankees? No and we never will be.

But then again it's been quite a while since the $200 million team bought, I mean won a WS anyway.

tk13
09-29-2007, 12:07 AM
The Indians are gonna win this division spending what, $15 less million than the Royals? And we're wasting a lot of that money on stuff like Sweeney and Elarton. We can do this.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Well that's because the Indians made a bunch of smart trades and have a loaded farm system....

And my bum line was more a joke than being serious....

petegz28
09-29-2007, 12:10 AM
The Indians are gonna win this division spending what, $15 less million than the Royals? And we're wasting a lot of that money on stuff like Sweeney and Elarton. We can do this.

And Sanders. That is about $20 mil right there. I know we can sign one hell of a free agent for $15-$20 mil a year.

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Odalais Perez to that list as well.

petegz28
09-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Odalais Perez to that list as well.

Yeah but that is only like 1.8 mill or so. The Dodgers are paying for Perez.

We will have to see who is available but I expect Moore to make moves at catcher and OF and of course he will always bring in more pitching.

Titty Meat
09-29-2007, 02:26 AM
No one should be laughing at the Royals right now. If they do they are just stupid. If you can't see the future of this team has better days ahead for it then you don't belong in sports.

But then again it's been quite a while since the $200 million team bought, I mean won a WS anyway.

What a puppet you are. Yea nobody should be laughing at a team who hasn't made the playoffs in over 20 years and has let all of its stars walk. Yes lets take a team serious who pays 55 million for an average pitcher.

Bob Dole
09-29-2007, 02:45 AM
Baseball season is still open?

alanm
09-29-2007, 03:17 AM
Not only no, but HELL no!!. We do need someone, or a few, who can hit for power but the Royals still need starting pitching. And I don't think anyones job should be safe. Gordon and Butler aside. I'm hoping some of the farm talent will stick with the club in the spring. All those high prospects have to eventually start paying off.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2007, 08:06 AM
I would love for Bonds to get here, just a premiere player like that to come and play DH. It would definetly help fill the seats.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2007, 08:09 AM

We are headed in the right direction and have a plan, it's probably the first time since the strike year that i have been this excited about Royals baseball, ok check that 2003, but i knew we weren't THAT good.

StcChief
09-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Well the Royals lost more than the Cards won....

keg in kc
09-29-2007, 08:20 AM
It couldn't possibly have anything to do with...you know....football season being underway.

Sure-Oz
09-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Not only no, but HELL no!!. We do need someone, or a few, who can hit for power but the Royals still need starting pitching. And I don't think anyones job should be safe. Gordon and Butler aside. I'm hoping some of the farm talent will stick with the club in the spring. All those high prospects have to eventually start paying off.
He'd be a hell of a trade bait if he has a comeback year too.

teedubya
09-29-2007, 02:49 PM
THe Indians are tied for the best record in Baseball... so my son and I are going out there to see if we can win the last two of the series to reach 70 wins!!

I predicted the Royals to be 72-90 this year, with over .500 next year. 2009 will be a great year, with the renovations done and the young guys having experience. SHould be a fun couple of years ahead.

RedDread
09-29-2007, 09:19 PM
It was a good game tonight despite bonehead plays by Gathright and Pena. I'm glad they didn't cost us the game.

It will be interesting to see what we do with Sweeney in the off-season. The dude can still hit but with his injury problems I just don't know if it's worth keeping him. I hope he doesn't end up having a monster year with another team if he ends up leaving the organization.