PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Padres game...(NL Playoff Scenarios)

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Trevor Hoffman had the guy at a 1-2 count w/ 2 outs and the Padres are up 3 on the Brewers.

The Brewers HAD to WIN tonight in order to stay alive for the playoffs...

The crowd is going nuts, waving their rally towels and everything...

Hoffman strikes the guy out and literally everyone in the stadium yells out "OH!!!" in unison....

What a shitty way to get your guts ripped out of you. The Brewers ****ed their fans, teasing them so much this year...

Sure-Oz
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Brewers will be better next year, this was just a start for them.

eazyb81
09-28-2007, 09:09 PM
The Brew Crew pulled a 2003 Royals this year.

On the bright side, the team is loaded with young talent and will be contending for the playoffs every year for the forseeable future.

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:14 PM
Oh by the way, all this means the Cubs have clinched the NL Central...

Capping the rest of the NL Playoff situations...

D'Backs clinch playoff spot w/ win over the Rockies tonight.

Padres clinched at least a tie for the Wild Card, magic # now 1 for clinching at least the Wild Card

Phillies now 1 game up on the Mets w/ 2 to go, their magic # is 2.

Rockies now 2 games out of Wild Card meaning that if the Padres win they are out, or if they lose they are out.

Mets are out 2 Phillies wins and one Padres win, 1 Phillies win + 1 Mets Loss + 1 Padres win, or 2 Mets Losses

I sorta confused myself on the last one, dont hold me to it.

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
The Brew Crew pulled a 2003 Royals this year.

On the bright side, the team is loaded with young talent and will be contending for the playoffs every year for the forseeable future.

How many games were left when you all were eliminated?

POND_OF_RED
09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
GO CUBS GO!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2007, 09:19 PM
Don't worry dude, the Madres will win one one year.

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't worry dude, the Madres will win one one year.

I wasnt even talking shit about your team, until now...

Your teams sucks, they are lame!!!

(Im hoping your team is the dodgers)

eazyb81
09-28-2007, 09:20 PM

Not sure, but the situations were very similar: each team roared out of the gates in April, then slowly fell off from their early pace.

By the end they had lost all the momentum, and everyone knew it was just a matter of time until they were eliminated from playoff contention.

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I wasnt even talking shit about your team, until now...

Your teams sucks, they are lame!!!

(Im hoping your team is the dodgers)
You're right. They do suck. Actually theres a site, dodgerblues.com,
that's run by a hard-core dodger fan and all he does is talk shit about us. I love that site.

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:23 PM
Not sure, but the situations were very similar: each team roared out of the gates in April, then slowly fell off from their early pace.

By the end they had lost all the momentum, and everyone knew it was just a matter of time until they were eliminated from playoff contention.

Didnt you guys have Carlos Beltran and Jermaine Dye back then?

Spott
09-28-2007, 09:25 PM

This year I think there was between 140-150 games left.

The Rick
09-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, my Brewers had an OK year, but they really screwed themselves these past few days. The Cubs were trying to hand them the Central division title and they wouldn't take it.

That's OK though. They really weren't expected to contend this year. Next year was supposed to be the year they make the leap.

The Brewers have an outstanding, young talent base and the Royals should model themselves after the Brewers. The entire infield is oustanding and they're all under the age of 25. Prince Fielder (1B) is possibly the NL's MVP at the age of 23 and he hit over 50 home runs. Ryan Braun (3B) just might be the NL's rookie of the year. He hit over 30 home runs and didn't get called up until June. J.J. Hardy (SS) was an all-star this year. Rickie Weeks (2B) has potential and was a #2 overall draft pick.

They also have some really good, young pitching as well. They *should* be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years.

Buck
09-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Yeah, my Brewers had an OK year, but they really screwed themselves these past few days. The Cubs were trying to hand them the Central division title and they wouldn't take it.

That's OK though. They really weren't expected to contend this year. Next year was supposed to be the year they make the leap.

The Brewers have an outstanding, young talent base and the Royals should model themselves after the Brewers. The entire infield is oustanding and they're all under the age of 25. Prince Fielder (1B) is possibly the NL's MVP at the age of 23 and he hit over 50 home runs. Ryan Braun (3B) just might be the NL's rookie of the year. He hit over 30 home runs and didn't get called up until June. J.J. Hardy (SS) was an all-star this year. Rickie Weeks (2B) has potential and was a #2 overall draft pick.

They also have some really good, young pitching as well. They *should* be a force to be reckoned with for the next few years.

How crazy will it be next year....

Rockies, Brewers, Phillies, Dbacks could be the NL Field in the playoffs...crazy!!!

tk13
09-28-2007, 10:07 PM
If it turns out to be a D'backs/Padres/Cubs/Phillies playoffs... I have absolutely no idea who'd win that. Might be the most unpredictable playoff I can remember in any sport in quite some time, totally wide open.

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:09 PM
If it turns out to be a D'backs/Padres/Cubs/Phillies playoffs... I have absolutely no idea who'd win that. Might be the most unpredictable playoff I can remember in any sport in quite some time, totally wide open.

Yeah it will be pretty much up in the air...as long as the Rockies don't make it.

I honestly don't think the Padres will make it out of the first round though, unless our Pitching is spectacular (which at times it can be).

bkkcoh
09-28-2007, 10:30 PM
It was amazing that the Mets ended up choking the playoffs away, totally....

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Seriously...They had the talent to be the best team in the NL Far and Away...

Thig Lyfe
09-28-2007, 10:37 PM
I wish that 5-way tie scenario had happened.

backburner
09-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Yeah it will be pretty much up in the air...as long as the Rockies don't make it.

I honestly don't think the Padres will make it out of the first round though, unless our Pitching is spectacular (which at times it can be).

do the pads still have peavy

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
do the pads still have peavy

Yeah they do...

If they make the playoffs, their starting rotation will be

Jake Peavy
Chris Young
Greg Maddux

backburner
09-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah they do...

If they make the playoffs, their starting rotation will be

Jake Peavy
Chris Young
Greg Maddux

they dont stand a chance against any other playoff team honestly. unless the mets make it in, play the pads and suck. then the pads have a shot.

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
they dont stand a chance against any other playoff team honestly. unless the mets make it in, play the pads and suck. then the pads have a shot.

I have a feeling you will not spend much time around here. So far, I give you an Over Under of 50 posts before you are banned. And I'm taking the under.

backburner
09-28-2007, 10:45 PM
I have a feeling you will not spend much time around here. So far, I give you an Over Under of 50 posts before you are banned. And I'm taking the under.

why the **** is that

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:46 PM
why the **** is that

n00bs like you don't last in these here parts

backburner
09-28-2007, 10:48 PM
n00bs like you don't last in these here parts

shut your dumb ass im trying to explain to you how shitty san diego is.

Buck
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
shut your dumb ass im trying to explain to you how shitty san diego is.

Oh okay, sorry, my bad

backburner
09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
im sorry.... san diego is a great city... shitty sports teams tho

KurtCobain
09-28-2007, 11:52 PM

he's just sharing the truth. :)

Just thank your god you don't have to smell him over the bb.

StcChief
09-29-2007, 08:18 AM
You have to love that... now somebody eliminate the Yankmes and it doesn't matter who's in WS.

TEX
09-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Trevor Hoffman had the guy at a 1-2 count w/ 2 outs and the Padres are up 3 on the Brewers.

The Brewers HAD to WIN tonight in order to stay alive for the playoffs...

The crowd is going nuts, waving their rally towels and everything...

Hoffman strikes the guy out and literally everyone in the stadium yells out "OH!!!" in unison....

What a shitty way to get your guts ripped out of you. The Brewers ****ed their fans, teasing them so much this year...

Brewer fans should have seen this coming. After they got off to that great start, their pitching fell apart and have been playing sub .500 baseball since the break. The NL Central is $HIT this year without STL. and HOU contending. Chicago is the only turd that can float out of the bunch.

teedubya
09-29-2007, 12:22 PM
at least peoples pants will be is pee-free.

http://peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com

Sure-Oz
09-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Ryan Braun was probably the biggest pickup of the year for me.

Jim Jones
09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Brewers fans shouldn't be too upset. They have a crapload of young talent. They'll be the favorite in the Central next year barring the Cubs signing A-Rod.

tk13
09-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Tony Gwynn Jr. just hit an RBI triple for the Brewers with 2 outs in the 9th inning, tying the Brewers/Padres game at 3. And preventing the Padres from clinching a playoff birth, yet.

Now that's irony.

runnercyclist
09-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Gotta love it!

backburner
09-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Brewers fans shouldn't be too upset. They have a crapload of young talent. They'll be the favorite in the Central next year barring the Cubs signing A-Rod.

brewers wont sniff a playoff series for another twenty something years. royals will win the world series three times by time the ****ing brewers do something special.

tk13
09-30-2007, 12:15 AM
The D'backs and their negative run differential won homefield advantage today, which is crazy.

The best part is the Rockies are still alive. The Padres lead the Mets, Phillies and Rockies by 1 game for the wild card. Apparently... if the Pads lose tomorrow, and the Mets/Phillies/Rockies all win, there'll be a four team playoff.

The Mets/Phillies would play Monday... the winner would win the division, the loser would play the Padres on Tuesday. And then the Rockies would play at the winner of the Tuesday game on Wednesday for the wild card. I think that's all right, it's confusing.

runnercyclist
09-30-2007, 05:40 AM
The D'backs and their negative run differential won homefield advantage today, which is crazy.

The best part is the Rockies are still alive. The Padres lead the Mets, Phillies and Rockies by 1 game for the wild card. Apparently... if the Pads lose tomorrow, and the Mets/Phillies/Rockies all win, there'll be a four team playoff.

The Mets/Phillies would play Monday... the winner would win the division, the loser would play the Padres on Tuesday. And then the Rockies would play at the winner of the Tuesday game on Wednesday for the wild card. I think that's all right, it's confusing.

As a Dimondbacks fan, I would love to see this! I'd love to see the Muts complete the meltdown, Scum Diego come up short, and either the Rockies or the Phillies get in (and get swept).

I love this time of year!

DenverChief
09-30-2007, 05:53 AM
As a Dimondbacks fan, I would love to see this! I'd love to see the Muts complete the meltdown, Scum Diego come up short, and either the Rockies or the Phillies get in (and get swept).

The Dbacks got some luck calls in game 1 I'm glad to see they got smoked 11-1 in game 2 and I hope game 3 is just as delicious

The Rick
09-30-2007, 09:26 AM
brewers wont sniff a playoff series for another twenty something years. royals will win the world series three times by time the ****ing brewers do something special.
Are you kidding? What have you been smoking? I love the Royals and the Brewers, but the Brewers are so much futher ahead in the rebuilding process than the Royals.

As I said in an earlier post, the Brewers have an all-star infield and their all under the age of 25. That means not only are they young and good, they're all locked up for at least a few more years.

The pitching is on the way up too. Gallardo, just a rookie this year, should more consistently dominate next year. Sheets is an all-star when he's healthy. Suppan is a nice veteran to have.

This year was the year for the Brewers to scratch the surface, get a taste of winning. Next year is the big year for them.

alanm
09-30-2007, 10:54 AM

Right now the Rockies are the hottest team in the NL Their playing the best defense and absolutely crushing the ball. I wouldn't bet against them.