PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the Chargers rivalry?

RealSNR
09-29-2007, 12:52 AM
They've given us every reason to loathe them. I don't get it. They've got a crybaby starting RB, a dumbass loudmouth LB on roids, and a TE who Tony Gonzalez SHOULD be, but isn't because of the offense he's in. Not only that, they're the best team in our division and we play them this Sunday.

And yet we seem very ho-hum about this game, even less than the Vikings and Bears games. I understand there's history behind the Donks and Raiders, but why do you think it is we can't muster up enough hate for the Chargers?

Mecca
09-29-2007, 12:55 AM
Well they could we we have a crybaby RB too.....

Gates is just more talented than Gonzalez is now there isn't any other way to put it, he's better better for 3 years now that's a long enough span to say he's better I believe.

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM

Gates is just more talented than Gonzalez is now there isn't any other way to put it, he's better better for 3 years now that's a long enough span to say he's better I believe.
Dude, you ****ing amaze me sometimes. You love to just go against the grain. Gates has been better the past three years so that makes him better than TG has been his entire career? The dude is about to break the all time TE TD record!

jidar
09-29-2007, 12:59 AM
he's better better for 3 years now that's a long enough span to say he's better I believe.

Ok now that was just ****ing retarded.
Shoot yourself in your dumb faggot face.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2007, 12:59 AM
Just because they sucked for so long. Chargers are gonna have to OWN us for like five years until we hate them.

jidar
09-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Anyway, it's true, I just don't have the hatred for the Chargers that I do for the other teams. It's kind of odd since the Chargers are on top right now.. but my theory is I'm just out of hate.

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2007, 01:01 AM
It's because Chargers fans for the most part are fair weather douchebags.
Can't blame them, when their team sucks they still look around and realize they live in SD and don't give a crap.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:01 AM
And here we go, a lovely spin into what I said......

This is just like the other day, when a guy proves himself for a period of years you can say he is currently better. Gates has proven for 3 years that he is currently better, that doesn't mean his career is better.....

That argument is just retarded, that would have been like saying in Tony's best day because 37 year old Shannon Sharpe was still playing well "Tony's not better than him look at his career"

Are you going to say Tony is better when he's 38 and catching 35 balls and can't run anymore too cause his career numbers are still better?

KurtCobain
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM
I hate the Chargers. I plan to go to jail in SD this weekend. Because I hate the Chargers more than anybody else. Ever.

KurtCobain
09-29-2007, 01:02 AM

This is just like the other day, when a guy proves himself for a period of years you can say he is currently better. Gates has proven for 3 years that he is currently better, that doesn't mean his career is better.....

That argument is just retarded, that would have been like saying in Tony's best day because 37 year old Shannon Sharpe was still playing well "Tony's not better than him look at his career"

Are you going to say Tony is better when he's 38 and catching 35 balls and can't run anymore too cause his career numbers are still better?

STFU

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I will admit the stats show him as better over the last two years but look @ the surrounding support as well.

I saw TG break out last year after most Chief fans wrote him off.

TG does what is expected and asked of him, usually more.

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2007, 01:04 AM
10 years from now, when both guys are retired than we'll know who was better. Is Gates better than TG right now? Yes, he gets used a lot more.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:04 AM
What it's true.......younger players pass up the older ones at a point.....

Larry Johnson passed up a bunch of guys real fast, Peterson will do it this year.....When a guy is doing what Gates has been doing for a number of years the "Gonzalez has played longer" stuff doesn't hold it anymore..Gates has proven he's not a 1 year wonder.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2007, 01:05 AM
Ok now that was just ****ing retarded.
Shoot yourself in your dumb pillowbiter face.

Wow Besides being a moron, you're an uncreative, homophobic moron since you referred to both Mecca and myself as "pillow biters" in less than 10 minutes.

I hope that's workin' for ya.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:05 AM
10 years from now, when both guys are retired than we'll know who was better. Is Gates better than TG right now? Yes, he gets used a lot more.

And when you watch them play on this day, TODAY, you can see that Gates is more physically gifted than Gonzalez is right now.

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2007, 01:06 AM
And when you watch them play on this day, TODAY, you can see that Gates is more physically gifted than Gonzalez is right now.
But NOT when TG was 27.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Just because they sucked for so long. Chargers are gonna have to OWN us for like five years until we hate them.

Does this also apply the the faiders.

It must mean we will never beat them in 10 years then?

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:08 AM
And that is exactly my point, it doesn't take away what Gonzalez has done, it's what they are today. I believe Gates is the better player right now, that is all. Gonzalez is aging there's no shame in that really, it doesn't mean I think he sucks.

jidar
Wow Besides being a moron, you're an uncreative, homophobic moron since you referred to both Mecca and myself as "pillow biters" in less than 10 minutes.

I hope that's workin' for ya.

Homophobes are faggots.

You're just dumb

Would have to agree with this being the only valid reason.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Anyway, it's true, I just don't have the hatred for the Chargers that I do for the other teams. It's kind of odd since the Chargers are on top right now.. but my theory is I'm just out of hate.

After the trolls last year, I have found more hatred!
One and done fans instead of the team. FT!

kcxiv
09-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Because either team hasnt won anything in a very very very very very long time.

Chargers flirt with succees, but then get slapped in the face by reality. Chiefs well. We flirt every once in a great while and get slapped in the face with reality as well.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:10 AM
But NOT when TG was 27.

If you bring more facts, they will be confused still.

RealSNR
09-29-2007, 01:11 AM

Are you going to say Tony is better when he's 38 and catching 35 balls and can't run anymore too cause his career numbers are still better?Gates is the better playmaker, NOT the better TE. His blocking isn't anywhere near as good as Gonzalez's.

I know production is the only thing that counts, but Tony does it all and he does it all well. If the Chiefs actually do move to a pass-to-set-up-the-run mode of attack on offense, his numbers will go way up, and maybe even surpass Gates this year.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm not arguing 5 years ago.......I'm arguing today, and who's better right now.....

There's been an influx of athletically gifted TE's, guys with more physical skills than even Tony ever had. I think Gonzalez is still up there right now but there are a few guys threatening to move up with him now...

KurtCobain
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
Im gonna eat me some chargah fan soup sunday.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Because either team hasnt won anything in a very very very very very long time.

Chargers flirt with succees, but then get slapped in the face by reality. Chiefs well. We flirt every once in a great while and get slapped in the face with reality as well.

I hate to say this but sometimes it is unluck. 3 missed FG in a game is against all odds. 1 in 32 is bad odds unless it is roulette.

YearOfTheCharger
09-29-2007, 01:14 AM
Chiefs are my third favorite team in the AFC after the Chargers and Steelers. I cant stand the Raiders and Broncos though.

I hope the Chiefs never change their Unis

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Gates is the better playmaker, NOT the better TE. His blocking isn't anywhere near as good as Gonzalez's.

I know production is the only thing that counts, but Tony does it all and he does it all well. If the Chiefs actually do move to a pass-to-set-up-the-run mode of attack on offense, his numbers will go way up, and maybe even surpass Gates this year.

Well Gates has ridiculous WR like stats so far this year....

Gonzalez is a better blocker right now but that developed as he got older..right now Gates isn't really asked to be great at that. I mean sure that's a nice facet of the game to have but most teams carry another TE who is nothing but a blocker now.

I like Tony and I still think he's in the top 4 guys at his position, but I think Gates has moved ahead his route running speed and hands are great at this point in time.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Gates is the better playmaker, NOT the better TE. His blocking isn't anywhere near as good as Gonzalez's.

I mention systems they play in and surrounding cast earlier. It did not matter.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Eh, Gonzalez just got done benefiting from an awesome offensive system and Gates was still putting up comparable numbers....

In the receiving game, Gonzalez can't run or get down the field like Gates does right now....I mean it's pretty easy to see Gates is worlds faster now.

KurtCobain
09-29-2007, 01:18 AM
The Chargers suck.

FreznoChief
09-29-2007, 01:29 AM
I hate the Chargers. I plan to go to jail in SD this weekend. Because I hate the Chargers more than anybody else. Ever.

I don't know...I might give you a run for your money. I hate the Chargers too! Being a Chiefs fan in California probably makes it easier to hate all these West coast teams. I have all their well tanned, fair-weathered faces around me all the time. I can't stand the Dolts or their hideous new unies...I mean c'mon the powdered blue is okay on turkey day, but that new uniform just looks a little too girly for football...JMO!

Psyko Tek
09-29-2007, 01:29 AM

don't take this the wrong way...

but why the **** are you on this board?

or are you the kinda guy who just loves to stir sht up,
so you can concoct this big sht storm masterpiece, and then sit back and go "Look what I did, ain't I special !" ?

CHENZ A!
09-29-2007, 01:40 AM
Just seems like we have always been kicking their ass for the most part, kind of like when the Seahawks were in the AFC West.. they're harmless.

Mecca
09-29-2007, 01:42 AM
Nah, I'm the kinda guy who's honest and realistic.......

Give me something the Chiefs are better at and I'll agree they are....like I'd rather have Dwayne Bowe than Buster Davis or whatever his name is this week.

Smed1065
09-29-2007, 01:45 AM
I don't know...I might give you a run for your money. I hate the Chargers too! Being a Chiefs fan in California probably makes it easier to hate all these West coast teams. I have all their well tanned, fair-weathered faces around me all the time. I can't stand the Dolts or their hideous new unies...I mean c'mon the powdered blue is okay on turkey day, but that new uniform just looks a little too girly for football...JMO!

I know if I had not saw any fans before 2004, I would be pissed because of my 23 years of support of a team.

KurtCobain
09-29-2007, 01:48 AM

GO YOU! AND **** THE CHARGERS!

StcChief
09-29-2007, 08:05 AM
When they are retired and history will show.

Let's see who is in the HOF.

blueballs
09-29-2007, 08:24 AM
Marty is a KC icon
there we're only good when he was there

blueballs
09-29-2007, 08:27 AM
Mecca is that late summer fly
who can't stay out of your face
he knows his time is about up

el borracho
09-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Hate the Chargers? No, for a number of reasons.

a) they haven't been competitive enough to hate until recently
b) hard to be a Chiefs fan and hate a Marty team
c) we (the Chiefs) have not been competitive for a very long time

Spott
09-29-2007, 09:45 AM
The rivalry with them is about the same as it was with Seattle when they were in our division. Just not the same hatred for what ever reason.

Adept Havelock
09-29-2007, 09:49 AM
It's tough to muster up the same level of loathing I have for Chokeland and the Donkos when it comes to SD.

Everytime I try, I keep getting mental images of these guys...

Rasputin
09-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I've always thought that Seattle Seasucks would have been the better rival than the Dolts. DT had monstrous games against them yet they somehow won. Dave Kreig was one of the biggest mistakes CP has made for our QB, but he got Dave Kreig cus he made a mericle play the day De. Thomas had 7, seven sacks against him.

The Dolts just don't have that rival taste that the Faiders and Donkeys bring. I would have put the Dolts in the NFC W and not the Seasucks.
I have more hatred against the Seasucks than I do the Dolts. I don't even hate the Dolts that much they are just another team that we happen to play twice a year.

Chiefaholic
09-29-2007, 10:13 AM
I think alot of the rivalry is caused from the cheating, late hits, chop blocks, running up the score, players antics on the sideline (Portis with the WWF belt), and the general type of fans the Raiders and Donkeys have.

The Chargers had been the doormat od the AFC West for so long, it's hard to consider them a legit rivalry.

Mr. Laz
09-29-2007, 10:23 AM
they sucked for so long that their entire fan base turned "bandwagon"

lack of respect is worse than hate

Rain Man
09-29-2007, 10:31 AM
It's hard to hate a team that has been so instrumental in giving us winning records for most of the past 20 years. They're almost more like allies than enemies in that respect.

Now...if they continue getting good records and start stealing wins instead of giving them to us every year like Squanto at Thanksgiving, then I might start hating them. Until then, I view the occasional Chargers win as feeding the ox that plows your field: you let them take some to nourish themselves because they're producing more than that.

Actually, there was a short period of time in the early 80s (or maybe late 70s) when they were a strong team and stole some wins from us. I was starting to develop a strong dislike for them, but then they turned back into the Chargers.

Frazod
09-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Nah, I'm the kinda guy who's honest and realistic.......

Give me something the Chiefs are better at and I'll agree they are....like I'd rather have Dwayne Bowe than Buster Davis or whatever his name is this week.

Anything the Chiefs are better at YOU'D NEVER MENTION. There has to be a negative connotation. Even if you say something good, there has to be a backhanded jab. "Well, they won, but....", or "he was really good once, but now...." And then when called on it you fall back to "No, I like the Chiefs, really I do, I'm just honest and realistic."

:whackit:

Seriously, F#CK YOU, scumbag. You're not here to be honest - you're here to annoy actual Chief fans, of which you are clearly not. You're a troll who's too much of a puss even in cyberspace to do it directly; instead you conceal your hatred of this team and its fans in subtleties and think we're all too stupid to figure it out. I have more respect for imbeciles like Shrek or Drunk than I do you. At least they're HONEST about how much they hate Kansas City.

Go be a Chargers fan. Seriously, that's the right move for you. You've never been within 1,000 miles of Southern California and that hasn't stopped you from being a USC fan, you pathetic piece of shit. Just release your inner Kalifornian and take that final step. You'll be among friends there - I assume that would be something new for you. Hell, you just might like it. Happy trails, emocca. We'll even help you pack.

Can somebody find this douche a link to a Chargers BB and make an introduction?

Adept Havelock
09-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Anything the Chiefs are better at YOU'D NEVER MENTION. There has to be a negative connotation. Even if you say something good, there has to be a backhanded jab. "Well, they won, but....", or "he was really good once, but now...." And then when called on it you fall back to "No, I like the Chiefs, really I do, I'm just honest and realistic."

Seriously, F#CK YOU, scumbag. You're not here to be honest - you're here to annoy actual Chief fans, of which you are clearly not. You're a troll who's too much of a puss even in cyberspace to do it directly; instead you conceal your hatred of this team and its fans in subtleties and think we're all too stupid to figure it out. I have more respect for imbeciles like Shrek or Drunk than I do you. At least they're HONEST about how much they hate Kansas City.

Go be a Chargers fan. Seriously, that's the right move for you. You've never been within 1,000 miles of Southern California and that hasn't stopped you from being a USC fan, you pathetic piece of shit. Just release your inner Kalifornian and take that final step. You'll be among friends there - I assume that would be something new for you. Hell, you just might like it. Happy trails, emocca. We'll even help you pack.

Wow. Better Smack than Sinatra had in "Man with a Golden Arm". :clap:

RealSNR
09-29-2007, 10:50 AM

Can somebody find this douche a link to a Chargers BB and make an introduction?Not true. This past draft day I recall he was very positive about our picks when everyone was yelling around with their heads cut off, "DWAYNE BOWE??? TAKE STALEY! YAAAAAAAAAAARGGHH!"

Frazod
09-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Not true. This past draft day I recall he was very positive about our picks when everyone was yelling around with their heads cut off, "DWAYNE BOWE??? TAKE STALEY! YAAAAAAAAAAARGGHH!"

He's positive about anything most of us don't like.

CupidStunt
09-29-2007, 11:05 AM

Mecca's a f*cking moron.

We should ban this piece of dogshit.

JuicesFlowing
09-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Gonzo is better than Gates. He has better hands, he's stronger, he gets double teamed on every snap and has Pro Bowl seasons like it's nothing ... As far as the rivalry ... San Diego is too laid back ... I don't think San Diego fans give a crap about rivalries ... Denver and Oakland fans hate us as passionately as we hate them ...

sd4chiefs
09-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Chief fan living in San Diego = Hating the Chargers and thier Bandwagoning fans.

ChiefsCountry
09-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Move the Chargers to Omaha or Oklahoma City and we might hate them more but other than that, nah they are the little redheaded step child of the division even when they are good.

FreznoChief
09-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Chief fan living in San Diego = Hating the Chargers and thier Bandwagoning fans.

Exactly, I used to live in El Cajon and those bandwagon fans are extremely irratating. The cool part about this though is the amount of Chiefs football fans in SD. Quallcom is well known as "Arrowhead West" when the Chiefs are in town. It's crazy how much red you'll see at those games. We totally pwn the mealy Dolts fans, Duhs fans would never allow that, LOL! And SD has that KC BBQ & Grill (the bar featured in Top Gun) party the night before the game. Not great food, but always a fun party.