PDA

View Full Version : Random Network Premiere Musings/Queries

Baby Lee
09-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Seems like a lot of weird things going on as I work through some of the new shows/episodes.

Shark - In the exchange between Former DA Devlin [Jeri Ryan] and her replacement [Christopher Walk, err, William Shatn, errr, Kevin Pollack], right after Devlin made the remark about having footage of the new DA's affair, and it cuts back to Pollack, there is a clear audible 2 second "Uhhhhh" from off-stage. It didn't come from Pollack as his mouth was closed. It didn't come from Devlin as her voice is incapable of the slackjawed Homer-ish tone of the exhalation.

Journeyman - when the lead and his current spouse first met up at the bistro around which everything revolves, when they're having their anniversary dinner, their champagne flutes have no stems. For most of the scene, the bells of their respective flutes are all that are in frame, then the lead takes a swig and there's clearly no stem or base, apparently no way to set it down without it falling over.

CSI - was the scene where Grissom sees something with the binoculars, points it out to Catherine, who takes the 'nocs and sees it too, then they take THREE EFFING STEPS!!!!! over to a pile of rocks supposed to be played for laughs. Because I thought they were channeling Monty Python.

Oh, and as Shark went long [ie, bumped into local news time for CBS FB] and the DVR didn't record extra, if anything could clue me in as to the last 8-10 minutes, I'd appreciate it.

keg in kc
09-29-2007, 03:42 PM
What'd you think of Journeyman?

I was pleasantly surprised, although it sure started out slowly.

Can't decide whether Chuck or Reaper is my new favorite. If I'm lucky, one of them might survive through midseason.

Oh, and Bionic Woman, much better than I expected. Highest rated new show of the year, too, apparently.

Baby Lee
09-29-2007, 06:07 PM
I was intrigued, but it was muddy.
I gotta say, Dirty Sexy Money was a standout.
It's got some problems deciding what it is, but man when it hit, it hit, especially for a pilot.
I was actually laughing out loud at Krause's facial expressions every time the cell phone rang.

I'd heard the comparisons to Arrested Development and was like WTF, but while it isn't a sly in-joke comedy, it covers the same beats of the story of a rich family with a collection of variously impaired siblings and Krause plays the Michael Bluth center of sanity, even though he's not a family member.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2007, 06:40 PM
I think overall, this years new shows look weak.

BigMeatballDave
09-29-2007, 08:23 PM
The Office is on one-hour episodes for the 1st 4 weeks! WOOHOO

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2007, 08:54 PM
I was intrigued, but it was muddy.
I gotta say, Dirty Sexy Money was a standout.
It's got some problems deciding what it is, but man when it hit, it hit, especially for a pilot.
I was actually laughing out loud at Krause's facial expressions every time the cell phone rang.

I'd heard the comparisons to Arrested Development and was like WTF, but while it isn't a sly in-joke comedy, it covers the same beats of the story of a rich family with a collection of variously impaired siblings and Krause plays the Michael Bluth center of sanity, even though he's not a family member.Just bring back AD.

KChiefs1
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
The Office is on one-hour episodes for the 1st 4 weeks! WOOHOO

Great News!:clap:

runnercyclist
09-29-2007, 11:51 PM
So is Karen officially off the show?

Baby Lee
09-30-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh, and Bionic Woman, much better than I expected. Highest rated new show of the year, too, apparently.
Just caught it this morning. Color me underwhelmed. Jumping rooftops is one thing, but in high heeled boots? Forget how the bionic chick handles it, how do the heels survive? Are they bionic heels too?

TinyEvel
09-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Does anyone know the LOST is coming back? It's been so friggen long, it's like I've completely forgotten about that show.

Baby Lee
09-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know the LOST is coming back? It's been so friggen long, it's like I've completely forgotten about that show.
January, doing a '24' run.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2007, 09:20 AM

Yea, not till Jan. I hate when they hold back shows like that. They are doing that with Medium as well. Thats a show ive really started to get in to lately. Really well written show as all Glen Gordon Caron shows always have been.

Oh well, at least Nip/Tuck starts again at the end of October.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
So is Karen officially off the show?They never actually said, but I believe she is.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Yea, not till Jan. I hate when they hold back shows like that. Oh, I love that they are doing this with LOST. New episode every week rocks.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh, I love that they are doing this with LOST. New episode every week rocks.

Yea thats true. Like what they did with 24 a few years back. No repeats. Thats how all the cable shows do it as well.

Baby Lee
09-30-2007, 09:35 AM
They never actually said, but I believe she is.
I think she had a pilot that didn't get picked up, so she's off the show, but available to return.
But that's some pretty outdated info.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I think she had a pilot that didn't get picked up, so she's off the show, but available to return.
But that's some pretty outdated info.Heh. News to me.

BigMeatballDave
09-30-2007, 10:13 AM
But that's some pretty outdated info.I was kinda hoping for some catfights between her and Pam...