PDA

View Full Version : Croyle deserves the Roethlisberger treatment

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2007, 10:09 PM
And no, I don't mean breaking his face on someone's bumper.

I still think that this team will do more to help itself in the long run if Brodie is our starter.

I think that most of us are willing to admit that our two weak links on offense today were Kyle Turley and Huard. Huard made ok decisions for the most part, but he still checked down too much, IMO, and he made some really poor throws. Turley got his bitch ass yanked, and for the future of the franchise, hopefully Huard's time is soon.

Croyle will make mistakes, but Huard isn't exactly giving us Montana-like precision either. We have two options in the passing game, which is perfect for a young QB. If he can't find D-Bowe or Tony, he can check down, and his arm and legs allow us to do things we can't with Huard.

If we can let Brodie be a game-managing QB this year (which is essentially what Huard is), then we might be able to be competitive for several years.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Great idea!

First, the Chief need to sign Tommy Maddox and as soon as he's injured, they can put in Croyle!

:rolleyes:

talastan
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Already bought my Croyle jersey, gotta support my adopted Chief and his wife!!

Seriously I agree with you on this one Hamas. I think this new "Air Herm" offense would benefit from having a more mobile and faster throwing QB. With Huard play today he showed some prowess, but with Brodie you get something that Huard lacks, Speed. Both in his mobility and in his zipping passes.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Great idea!

First, the Chief need to sign Tommy Maddox and as soon as he's injured, they can put in Croyle!

What are we doing with Huard right now offense-wise that we can't do with Brodie?

What can we do with Brodie that we can't do with Damon?

Buehler445
09-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I agree. Add in the fact that Huard is turning the ball over a lot...

Hammock Parties
09-30-2007, 10:16 PM
How did Huard check down too much? The running backs caught a total of four passes. And LJ was so wide open on one he took it for 14 yards, clearly a wise decision by Huard.

I don't think he's a weak link at all. Roethlisberger succeeded early because the Steelers had a DOMINANT offensive line and running game...right now we don't have that. We need a guy that can throw it 30 times a game and execute a balanced gameplan. Croyle's gonna need to be eased in a little more.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I agree. Add in the fact that Huard is turning the ball over a lot...

Huard has five interceptions, but two of them are on the receivers. He's not turning it over "a lot." And he fumbled for the first time today.

RedThat
Huard has REALLY impressed me in the 2nd half of these last 2 games.

A lot of people want Croyle, but hey lets give Damon some credit here. He's looked great in the 2nd half in the last 2 games that should tell us something?

he can play well under pressure and responds. I don't think anyone can say he hasn't been an intergral part of our last 2 wins because he has.

Other than that one pick in the 2nd half today by SD, which imo was a great defensive play, well read...He played well.

As for the RT, Turley. Yeah he needs to go. RT is more of a concern on this team right now than the QB is imo.

DaneMcCloud
What are we doing with Huard right now offense-wise that we can't do with Brodie?

What can we do with Brodie that we can't do with Damon?

I don't know. And neither do you.

Croyle couldn't beat out Huard in mini-camp, OTA's and training camp. He's obviously not ready to lead the Chiefs.

No amount of bitching will get him on the field. Huard will either have to perform poorly or be injured. Rooting for either is very unsportsman-like and very uncool.

Croyle will be the starting QB in 2008. That much is certain. In the meantime, how about enjoying a few Chiefs victories?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
How did Huard check down too much? The running backs caught a total of four passes. And LJ was so wide open on one he took it for 14 yards, clearly a wise decision by Huard.

I don't think he's a weak link at all. Roethlisberger succeeded early because the Steelers had a DOMINANT offensive line and running game...right now we don't have that. We need a guy that can throw it 30 times a game and execute a balanced gameplan. Croyle's gonna need to be eased in a little more.

It's not just completions, it's where he looks to throw. There was one swing pass on 3rd and 8 I believe...He hit his fifth step, looked at his primary, then immediately tried to swing it out (incomplete).

HE does entirely too much of that shit.

I'm not saying we need to run the same style of team as Pitt, you're taking this too literally. I think we need to develop Brodie as a game manager this year and then unleash him next year.

We still can't open it up with Huard due to his limitations. It's readily obvious. He had one long completion that was through the air, and that was a poor decision on the lob to Tony. The rest of the stuff was remarkable YAC work on short passes. Brodie can do that shit just as well, and learn while he's doing it.

Frankie
09-30-2007, 10:20 PM
I like Huard. Arguably he is the best backup QB in the league. But I'm also on the Croyle bandwagon (as our starter) now that I'm comfortable with the pass protection.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM

Croyle couldn't beat out Huard in mini-camp, OTA's and training camp. He's obviously not ready to lead the Chiefs.

No amount of bitching will get him on the field. Huard will either have to perform poorly or be injured. Rooting for either is very unsportsman-like and very uncool.

Croyle will be the starting QB in 2008. That much is certain. In the meantime, how about enjoying a few Chiefs victories?

Hey man, I'm aglow about the victory, but I'm also greedy. I don't want these kinds of nice regular season wins to define us. I want playoff wins. We might...might..have that in Croyle. We probably don't in Huard.

Deberg_1990
09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Huard is basically playing for his job every week. Thats a fact.

If hes playing well the Chiefs are winning or will be in every game.
If hes not he will get yanked.

Huards played well when his backs against the wall like it was today.

Is he perfect? Far from it, but he plays within himself and keeps us in the game. At least he doesnt get the INT addiction of Trent Green.

Either way, Ive stopped complaining and worrying about it. Whatever happens, happens....

Hammock Parties
09-30-2007, 10:23 PM
We still can't open it up with Huard due to his limitations. It's readily obvious. He had one long completion that was through the air, and that was a poor decision on the lob to Tony. The rest of the stuff was remarkable YAC work on short passes. Brodie can do that shit just as well, and learn while he's doing it.

Huard throws well in the 15-20 yard range. That is what he did last year with success (and why he was 6th in the league in YPA) and what Green did his entire time here.

I don't see any "limitations" with Huard other than his lack of mobility. The coaching staff FINALLY took the reigns off this passing game the last six quarters and it's paying off.

We need to throw 30 times a game for this offense to be effective. I don't want Brodie doing that right now. If we try to make him "manage the game" and throw it 18-20 times, it's not gonna work, and the running game will suffer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Huard throws well in the 15-20 yard range. That is what he did last year with success (and why he was 6th in the league in YPA) and what Green did his entire time here.

I don't see any "limitations" with Huard other than his lack of mobility. The coaching staff FINALLY took the reigns off this passing game the last six quarters and it's paying off.

We need to throw 30 times a game for this offense to be effective. I don't want Brodie doing that right now. If we try to make him "manage the game" and throw it 18-20 times, it's not gonna work, and the running game will suffer.

You deliberately cut out the part of my post that directly negates your last paragraph....

Huard's arm strength is still a big concern. Why risk Bowe getting decapitated on a sailing 20 yard in when Croyle has the arm strength to hit him in stride??

Skip Towne
09-30-2007, 10:30 PM
i didn't read all of this thread but the bottom line is we need to find out what we have in Croyle. Right now. There is absolutely no reason to delay using him. If he sucks, great, we put Huard back in, cut Croyle, and draft a QB next year. Staying with Huard only sets us back in our team's development.

Hammock Parties
09-30-2007, 10:33 PM
Huard's arm strength is still a big concern.

No, it's not. His arm strength is fine. There are starting quarterbacks in this league with weaker arms.

I don't care if receivers get hit. This is the NFL. It happens.

Scorp
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM

I disagree, I believe King Carl made the decision on this. According to what we saw on hard knocks, Croyle was Herm's choice.

Brock
09-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Dead argument, it isn't going to happen right now.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2007, 11:59 PM
I disagree, I believe King Carl made the decision on this. According to what we saw on hard knocks, Croyle was Herm's choice.

So you think that Croyle actually WON the job (with his pitiful performances in the pre-season) but Carl over-ruled Herm's decision?

Nonsense. Anyone who actually WATCHED every series that Croyle directed KNOWS he's not ready.

Is there promise? Yes. He has a rocket arm but he consistently made bad decisions. Hopefully, his decision making will improve. But at this point, he's unproven and a switch at this time would be unwarranted.

And if you can't prove yourself in the pre-season facing "vanilla" defenses, you're in trouble when the games really start.

Wilson
10-01-2007, 12:21 AM
the wheels on the bus go round and round...

keg in kc
10-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Nonsense. Anyone who actually WATCHED every series that Croyle directed KNOWS he's not ready.Hyperbole much?

Huard was handed the job. He wasn't even given the opportunity to fail thanks to a fabricated "injury". Because, lest we forget, when he did play in the preseason, he turned the ball over After that, shockingly, he didn't play. He was "hurt".

In other words, he was protected so there wouldn't be a controversy.

The reality is that Croyle made what amounts to two bad decisions in the preseason. He also led the only scoring drive the 1's had, and looked amazing doing it.

That's called "inexperience", a problem which is not cured on the sidelines. You don't gain confidence on the sideline. You don't learn to recognize defenses at game speed on the sideline. You don't become a leader in the huddle on the sideline. You don't earn your team's respect on the sideline.

We haven't gotten anything from Huard that we wouldn't have gotten from Croyle. Poor throws into heavy coverage? Check. Receivers nearly decapitated because he regularly hangs them out to dry? Check. He hasn't done any of his vaunted "game management," throwing 5 picks, all of which were either poor throws or poor decisions.

Most of the notable plays in the second half against San Diego were balls that should never have been thrown in the first place, receivers making amazing plays to bail him out. Ditto for last week. Thank god for Dwayne Bowe, or we'd probably be sitting here at 0-4, in full meltdown mode. Because reality is that Huard is not an NFL starting calibre quarterback.

That said, you don't change QBs when you're winning. The real shame is that they started the season with him. Hopefully it's not going to set us back in '08, when we're scratching our collective heads wondering why Croyle doesn't look any better than he did in preseason '07.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Hyperbole much?

Huard was handed the job. He wasn't even given the opportunity to fail thanks to a fabricated "injury". Because, lest we forget, when he did play in the preseason, he turned the ball over After that, shockingly, he didn't play. He was "hurt".

The reality is that Croyle made what amounts to two bad decisions in the preseason. He also led the only scoring drive the 1's had, and looked amazing doing it.

That's called "inexperience", a problem which is not cured on the sidelines. You don't gain confidence on the sideline. You don't learn to recognize defenses at game speed on the sideline. You don't become a leader in the huddle on the sideline. You don't earn your team's respect on the sideline.

We haven't gotten anything from Huard that we wouldn't have gotten from Croyle. Poor throws into heavy coverage? Check. Receivers nearly decapitated because he regularly hangs them out to dry? Check. He hasn't done any of his vaunted "game management," throwing 5 picks, all of which were either poor throws or poor decisions.

Most of the notable plays in the second half against San Diego were balls that should never have been thrown in the first place, receivers making amazing plays to bail him out. Ditto for last week. Thank god for Dwayne Bowe, or we'd probably be sitting here at 0-4, in full meltdown mode. Because reality is that Huard is not an NFL starting calibre quarterback.

That said, you don't change QBs when you're winning. The real shame is that they started the season with him. Hopefully it's not going to set us back in '08, when we're scratching our collective heads wondering why Croyle doesn't look any better than he did in preseason '07.

This post is why you should be able to give pos rep to a post more than once :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Huard's injury was not fabricated. He also played after he threw that interception. He played in two preseason games.

Croyle made a hell of a lot more than two bad decisions.

Only three of Huard's interceptions can directly be attributed to him. Two of them were on the receivers 100%. A third was meaningless, with the game already over. A fourth was a tipped ball, a freak play. The fifth was a GREAT PLAY by a defensive back. It's not like Huard is throwing blindly into coverage. NONE of his interceptions resemble the AWFUL throws Croyle made in preseason.

We HAVE to throw the ball 30 times a game right now. I don't trust Croyle. I trust Huard. He's not making dumb decisions.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Hyperbole much?

Whatever.

Do you have HBO? Did you watch all the pre-season games?

I think not.

No offense Kyle, but analysis from a guy who say's he's "ready to shut the TV off and back to work" doesn't exactly inspire me to believe that you've really analyzed this like you would have in the past.

Croyle wasn't ready. Peter King said so. Donny Banks said so. Every writer for the Star said so. "Hard Knocks" proved so. And finally, the Chiefs said so.

Sorry if I'm not buying your story, or Hamas' story or Big Red Chief's story.

The Chiefs are 2-2 with one win over a 14 game winner from last year ON THE ROAD.

Sorry if I'm not all gloom and doom.

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Huard's injury was not fabricated. He also played after he threw that interception. He played in two preseason games.

Only three of Huard's interceptions can directly be attributed to him. Two of them were on the receivers 100%. A third was meaningless, with the game already over. A fourth was a tipped ball, a freak play. The fifth was a GREAT PLAY by a defensive back. It's not like Huard is throwing blindly into coverage. NONE of his interceptions resemble the AWFUL throws Croyle made in preseason.

We HAVE to throw the ball 30 times a game right now. I don't trust Croyle. I trust Huard. He's not making dumb decisions.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/669592.html

KCChiefsMan
10-01-2007, 12:44 AM
and I'm still gonna say that if Herm puts in Sippio then him and Damon will be in the probowl in febuary...j/k

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 12:47 AM

I"m sorry, the only thing I saw on that page was a video of Hayden Panettiere with jiz on her face :whackit:

Hammock Parties
10-01-2007, 12:49 AM

Yeah, that was before Croyle shat all over my hope.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 12:50 AM
"The simple truth of the situation is that kid can make throws Huard wouldn’t dream of attempting.

And yeah, maybe that kid came right back on the next series, threw an awful pass off his back foot – the kind that gives you bad dreams - and cost the Chiefs some points. That happens with young quarterbacks. It probably won’t be the last time it happens with Croyle. But let’s be honest here. The only other option is a guy who fumbled nine times last year and once hit Jason Taylor right in the hands with a pass.

That isn’t to say I don’t like Damon Huard. It wasn’t so long ago I was one of the few people who believed in him. But the evidence is overwhelming at this point - it appears to me the Chiefs have already chosen to believe in Croyle.

Why not join them?

Get behind the kid. "

:shake:

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Yeah, that was before Croyle shat all over my hope.

http://chiefs.scout.com/2/672724.html

This was after the Saints game.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Yep. And I stand by that.

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Yep. And I stand by that.

Basically you said its alright for Huard to be the starter so Brodie doesnt get hurt. You said nothing about Croyle's play in it.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Basically you said its alright for Huard to be the starter so Brodie doesnt get hurt. You said nothing about Croyle's play in it.

This is true. But I've voiced my opinion on that on this forum.

I don't believe we'd be 2-2 with Brodie.

GarySpFc
10-01-2007, 07:34 AM

Go back and read the training camp reports. Croyle beat Huard out hands down in training camp. It was during the preseason games that Croyle lost the starting position.

pikesome
10-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Go back and read the training camp reports. Croyle beat Huard out hands down in training camp. It was during the preseason games that Croyle lost the starting position.

And, if you ask me, he shouldn't have lost it with his pre-season play either. Huard wasn't any better. I still would rather have Croyle in there than Huard but this win does make me feel better about Huard starting. Hopefully I'll be eating crow in December. I won't mind too much.

Simplex3
10-01-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't care if receivers get hit. This is the NFL. It happens.
LMAO

Let's all bookmark this one and see how he feels when Bowe is sidelined with broken ribs after stretching out over the middle for one of Hutard's floaters.

Hammock Parties
10-01-2007, 07:56 AM
It might interest you to know Huard was also smacked on the play where Bowe got smacked.

This is the NFL.

But go ahead and give all of the credit to the receivers and none to Huard. It's been the company line around here since Huard started having any sort of success. It's never Damon. It's always someone else.

jidar
10-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Huard throws well in the 15-20 yard range.

I just don't agree. The passes are weak and in most cases off target. D Bowe and Tony are still making plays, but it's in spite of Huard imo.

The one good thing I can say about Huard is he didn't give up a ton of Ints, and the ones he did weren't in the red zone. I suppose that's why we have him in the game. Had we had Croyle in there, he might have thrown it away one or two more times.

donkhater
10-01-2007, 08:16 AM
The book on Huard is that he is an average NFL talent with some smarts and a willingness to stand in the pocket (basically bacause he can't do anything else)

When a smart average NFL QB gets time to pass (like he did yesterday) he'll make throws.

Huard playing doesn't sit well with me for these reasons:

1. He didn't 'beat' Croyle in the preseason. He was every bit as bad as Croyle in the games he played, maybe worse. His starting the season was more a comfort for Peterson than the fact that Huard won the job.

2. He is playing scared. No, not because his O-line is mediocre, but becuase he's afraid he's going to get yanked. Herm has force fed his QB's into submission about not making mistakes that they're scared to lose and afraid to win. Granted, Brodie takes chance that he maybe shouldn't, but He's going to throw the pass that he needs to.

3. He's not even that good at checking down his passes. Seriously. Has he completed a swing pass or screen pass this year? The one in Houston that Wilson was pummled on iced the game for them. you can see LJ is just flabbergasted by what is coming his way.

But the biggest is:

4. So what if Huard plays OK, it gets this team NOWHERE!!!!!!!! This team at its peak potential still doesn't have the talent to compete with the NE and IND of the league. Maybe by the time they do, it would be nice if your QB was a 2nd or 3rd year QB entering into his prime instead of a washed up 37-year old.

Sure, it's great KC won and I was excited as hell, but as much as I would like to see KC win this year, my head tells me it'll just end in dissappointment.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-01-2007, 08:35 AM
Huard is doing fine IMO. Putting Croyle in would be a step backwards now that the season has new life.

donkhater
10-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Huard is doing fine IMO. Putting Croyle in would be a step backwards now that the season has new life.
New life as in how? A 10-6 team that gets bounced in the first round again instead of a 6-10 or 7-9 team that has information in which to build the team?

Insert veteran free agents (especially at QB), scrape through the season, win most of your home games, barely make or miss the playoffs, get embarrassed in the playoffs, rinse, repeat.

Ahh, the life of a Chiefs fan.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
New life as in how? A 10-6 team that gets bounced in the first round again instead of a 6-10 or 7-9 team that has information in which to build the team?

Insert veteran free agents (especially at QB), scrape through the season, win most of your home games, barely make or miss the playoffs, get embarrassed in the playoffs, rinse, repeat.

A new life in that the division is unstable and instead of last place we're tied for first. There's still a lot of football to play but a team can rally around this kind of win. I'm far from saying this team is perfect, but Defense wins championships, and we've got 3 great weapons on offense in LJ, TG, and Bowe.
Sorry for being so excited, my lobotomy is scheduled for Friday. :)

Sully
10-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I"m sorry, the only thing I saw on that page was a video of Hayden Panettiere with jiz on her face :whackit:
Finally found the incentive to click on a "scout" link.

Frankie
10-01-2007, 09:27 AM

Rep.

donkhater
10-01-2007, 09:28 AM
A new life in that the division is unstable and instead of last place we're tied for first. There's still a lot of football to play but a team can rally around this kind of win. I'm far from saying this team is perfect, but Defense wins championships, and we've got 3 great weapons on offense in LJ, TG, and Bowe.
Sorry for being so excited, my lobotomy is scheduled for Friday. :)
I was jumping around and yelling throughout most of the second half yesterday. I LOVE seeing the Chiefs play well. That's the passonate fan in me.

The practical side is like the first human that realizes he is mortal. Sure it's great to be alive and you can certainly enjoy yourself while it lasts, but you know it's going to end and end badly.

Mr. Kotter
10-01-2007, 09:32 AM

Nailed it. Nicely put. :clap:

HypnotizedMonkey
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I was jumping around and yelling throughout most of the second half yesterday. I LOVE seeing the Chiefs play well. That's the passonate fan in me.

The practical side is like the first human that realizes he is mortal. Sure it's great to be alive and you can certainly enjoy yourself while it lasts, but you know it's going to end and end badly.

I, being NOT PSYCHIC, cannot KNOW that it is going to end badly. Sure, it's a GREAT hypothesis, and I'm sure you make a lot of money on your hotline.. but you can't tell me that we're out of it until we are, for a FACT, out of it.

Agree to disagree. Stay classy.

donkhater
10-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I, being NOT PSYCHIC, cannot KNOW that it is going to end badly. Sure, it's a GREAT hypothesis, and I'm sure you make a lot of money on your hotline.. but you can't tell me that we're out of it until we are, for a FACT, out of it.

Agree to disagree. Stay classy.
OK.

I doubt you'll find anyone on the board who doesn't hope that I am totally wrong. I sincerely hope I am. I'll eat crow and endure negative reps until the cows come home if KC even goes to the AFC Championship game.

As much as I root for this team and want them to succeed every time they take the field, my eyes and brain tell me that they are not ready to make that step with the talent and level of coaching they currently have. It's sucks to say it and sucks worse to feel that way. But logic tells me that trying something different might provide different results.

I'm sure Huard is starting in some part because the vets on this team and some fans don't want it to be a 'wasted season'. Yet I feel NOT starting Croyle now, seeing what you have, is a wasted season. I'm sorry, I just feel that way. And unless this team surprises and ends up in the AFC Championship game with Huard playing (which I would honestly, dearly love) that's what this year is so far to me.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
OK.

I doubt you'll find anyone on the board who doesn't hope that I am totally wrong. I sincerely hope I am. I'll eat crow and endure negative reps until the cows come home if KC even goes to the AFC Championship game.

As much as I root for this team and want them to succeed every time they take the field, my eyes and brain tell me that they are not ready to make that step with the talent and level of coaching they currently have. It's sucks to say it and sucks worse to feel that way. But logic tells me that trying something different might provide different results.

I'm sure Huard is starting in some part because the vets on this team and some fans don't want it to be a 'wasted season'. Yet I feel NOT starting Croyle now, seeing what you have, is a wasted season. I'm sorry, I just feel that way. And unless this team surprises and ends up in the AFC Championship game with Huard playing (which I would honestly, dearly love) that's what this year is so far to me.

Well I've seen a lot of things happen that my eyes and brain told me could not happen. What you have is a GREAT HYPOTHESIS, and I definately wouldn't bet against you on your opinion, but I kind of like the idea that anything can happen in the NFL. I never ruled us out even when Dave Kreig or Steve Bono was QB, and I won't rule us out with Huard until statistical evidence factually proves our season to be over.

Tribal Warfare
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
No, it's not. His arm strength is fine. There are starting quarterbacks in this league with weaker arms.

his arm strength is highschool horrible

jettio
10-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Croyle can develop by getting a haircut and learning how to stand on the sidelines like a football player.

He always has his hands tucked under his shoulder pads as if he still has not gotten over getting the wind knocked out of him against Vanderbilt a couple of years ago.

I would like to see the kid become an elite NFL QB, but he needs to start looking and acting like a man so that the next time his coach tries to hand him a job he has not earned he won't blow it.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 11:04 AM
Whether Croyle starts RIGHT NOW or not, he will be the starter in 08

Where he will have a full season to prove his worth.

We WILL NOT be selecting a QB in the first round of 08. So whats the point of wanting to sacrifice this season, O mighty realists?

If the season goes in the tank, or Huard blows it, we will see him sooner.

The same people who gave up on the game before we even played it yesterday, are the ones who want to give up on the season a quarter of the way through it.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Whether Croyle starts RIGHT NOW or not, he will be the starter in 08

Where he will have a full season to prove his worth.

We WILL NOT be selecting a QB in the first round of 08. So whats the point of wanting to sacrifice this season, O mighty realists?

If the season goes in the tank, or Huard blows it, we will see him sooner.

The same people who gave up on the game before we even played it yesterday, are the ones who want to give up on the season a quarter of the way through it.

This is completely accurate.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Croyle needs to be in there no matter how you slice it. This team is going no where this year. Our OL will not allow it and our O playcalling continues to be painful to watch. Despite the win yesterday we are not a playoff caliber team at least offensively. I read CP's comments in the paper and he patted himself on the back about yesterday's win. He such an ass.

We are going to blow an opportunity to get Top shelf quality players in the draft next year by winning 9 games this season. Picking in the low 20's will be a BIG disappointment.

I can see CP and Herm patting themselves on the back at the end of the year for a job well done after winning 8,9, even 10 games. Then getting their butts kicked in the postseason if they miraculously get in the playoffs.

I would settle for 3 years of true rebuilding if we completely get rid of the Front Office and Coaching staff.

My fear is that we will just do good enough to keep these Bozo's in
place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Croyle needs to be in there no matter how you slice it. This team is going no where this year. Our OL will not allow it and our O playcalling continues to be painful to watch. Despite the win yesterday we are not a playoff caliber team at least offensively. I read CP's comments in the paper and he patted himself on the back about yesterday's win. He such an ass.

We are going to blow an opportunity to get Top shelf quality players in the draft next year by winning 9 games this season. Picking in the low 20's will be a BIG disappointment.

I can see CP and Herm patting themselves on the back at the end of the year for a job well done after winning 8,9, even 10 games. Then getting their butts kicked in the postseason if they miraculously get in the playoffs.

I would settle for 3 years of true rebuilding if we completely get rid of the Front Office and Coaching staff.

place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!
Exactly my point.

I would hate to pick in the low twenties and end up with another D Bowe or LJ.

We should get a high pick. I heard I Ryan Sims brother is available

Since we have no chance at anything this year, why dont you wait till next year to watch the games. :shake:

Sure-Oz
10-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Huard atleast has been adjusting, hopefully he can gain confidence with the past 2 games...i say only throw in croyle due to injury or poor play on huards side. He seems to not have a problem throwing downfield anymore.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM

place!

Too Bad For Chiefs Fans!
I cant believe you morons actually think a couple of bad seasons will get CP fired.

He could EASILY throw Herm under the bus and re-up if he wanted to.

This is what weve got. Getover it. Stop being such crybabies

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Exactly my point.

I would hate to pick in the low twenties and end up with another D Bowe or LJ.

We should get a high pick. I heard I Ryan Sims brother is available

Since we have no chance at anything this year, why dont you wait till next year to watch the games. :shake:

We last went to the SB 38 years ago, if you reviewed all our drafts since then you will find we picked up most of our franchise players in the Top 5 Top 10. You can count on one hand how many times we picked this low in the past 38 years. I like to change this trend around and have more opportunities to load our team with quality players.

How do you think we are going to improve our OL in short order? Picking in the 20's isn't going to cut it.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 12:01 PM
We last went to the SB 38 years ago, if you reviewed all our drafts since then you will find we picked up most of our franchise players in the Top 5 Top 10. You can count on one hand how many times we picked this low in the past 38 years. I like to change this trend around and have more opportunities to load our team with quality players.

How do you think we are going to improve our OL in short order? Picking in the 20's isn't going to cut it.
So you HOPE we lose this year.

Thank you.

I respect your opinion, but the draft is a crap shoot, not an automatic road to glory.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Thank you.

I respect your opinion, but the draft is a crap shoot, not an automatic road to glory.

So the reason why Indianapolis has over 40+ players on their team that they drafted is because they were luckier than everyone else??

Give me a f*cking break.

Do you really think that Herm is just luckier than Vermeil vis a vis talent evaluation??

Look, one of the reasons why a lot of us want to see what Croyle can do and give him time to develop is because we have two all-world weapons on this offense who are running on borrowed time.

Tony won't be great forever, and neither will LJ. If we wait until '08 and Croyle busts, then we're in for a really long term of mediocrity, as players like that don't come along very often, and we'll be forced to go with yet another QB.

If Croyle tanks this year and we are able to get a guy like Andre Woodson or Brian Brohm, we might be able to be competitive while LJ still has some tread left on his tires. If Croyle shows flashes but we finish poorly, we can use that pick on Jake Long or Sam Baker, and have the left side of our line solidified for a decade.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Why do the Huard supporters believe that because some of us want to see what Croyle's got means we want the Chiefs to lose.

IMNSHO, I think Croyle gives us a better chance to win consistantly than Damon "Noodle-Arm" Hutard does.

I have no confidence in Hutard's ability to take the game on his back and win, should we need it. He's constantly being bailed out by Gonzo and Bowe on bad throws into coverage, he still skips the ball to the receiver on those swing passes and he's more likely to panic and curl up against a tough pass rush than he is to step up and "maybe" get hit as he releases the ball.

He's a journeyman back-up and that's all he's going to be. Croyle may or may not be the QBotF for this team, but we'll never know as long as he's on the sidelines.

He may not do better than Hutard, but I doubt he can do any worse. If he's as good as Hutard, then we'll still get our 8-9-10 wins <b>AND</b> know what kind of young quarterback that we have. If he's worse, then we know we need to look at QB in the worst way in the draft.

But, either way, we'd know what we have in Croyle.

We know what we have in Hutard. A journeyman back-up.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 12:20 PM
So the reason why Indianapolis has over 40+ players on their team that they drafted is because they were luckier than everyone else??

Give me a f*cking break.

Do you really think that Herm is just luckier than Vermeil vis a vis talent evaluation??

Look, one of the reasons why a lot of us want to see what Croyle can do and give him time to develop is because we have two all-world weapons on this offense who are running on borrowed time.

Tony won't be great forever, and neither will LJ. If we wait until '08 and Croyle busts, then we're in for a really long term of mediocrity, as players like that don't come along very often, and we'll be forced to go with yet another QB.

If Croyle tanks this year and we are able to get a guy like Andre Woodson or Brian Brohm, we might be able to be competitive while LJ still has some tread left on his tires. If Croyle shows flashes but we finish poorly, we can use that pick on Jake Long or Sam Baker, and have the left side of our line solidified for a decade.
Dude listen up. If Croyle goes in this year, and sux, he will still be given a full season to prove himself, and rightfully so.

I think Herm can find talent ANYWHERE in the draft, and so far hes proven that correct.

WE WILL NOT DRAFT BRIAN BROHM, OR ANDRE WOODSON, OR ANY OTHER QB IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR........END OF STORY.

Listen to this, and listen close. The Colts have lost less than 7 games (6) once in the last 9 fukin yrs, which basically throws your argument in the toilet.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Dude listen up. If Croyle goes in this year, and sux, he will still be given a full season to prove himself, and rightfully so.

I think Herm can find talent ANYWHERE in the draft, and so far hes proven that correct.

WE WILL NOT DRAFT BRIAN BROHM, OR ANDRE WOODSON, OR ANY OTHER QB IN THE FIRST ROUND NEXT YEAR........END OF STORY.

Listen to this, and listen close. The Colts have lost less than 7 games (6) once in the last 9 fukin yrs, which basically throws your argument in the toilet.

Colts have a HOF QB and a GM that knows what he's doing.

ChiefsCountry

No Hamas wants to find out if we have our QB that can lead us to the promise land or not get us one who can. Which is what Indy has had for the past 9 years and in turn why they are drafting at the bottom.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Because Peyton Manning was a third round pick :rolleyes:

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Because Peyton Manning was a third round pick :rolleyes:
We will not be picking 1st overall.

There is only one Manning. Now What.

FAX
10-01-2007, 12:32 PM
You have to admire a guy who can bang a football off an opposing player's helmet then have the confidence to throw into triple coverage, Mr. 'Hamas' Jenkins.

Downfield has mojo.

FAX

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
No Hamas wants to find out if we have our QB that can lead us to the promise land or not get us one who can. Which is what Indy has had for the past 9 years and in turn why they are drafting at the bottom.
You guys have me confused.

I am NOT a Huard supporter. I have wanted Croyle from day 1.

I think he even gives us the best chance to win now, and that he is clearly the better QB.

1963 said we have to draft high the build our team, which means we have to lose, and that is BS.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Thank you.

No we don't intentionally lose we just find out what type of players we have sooner rather than later. This is not a SB team, we have a lot of missing pieces that we can't acquire in a year.

We need a new mindset in the Front Office with a GM that knows how to build for the long run.

The last 20 years has proven that CP is not the answer.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 12:38 PM
No we don't intentionally lose we just find out what type of players we have sooner rather than later. This is not a SB team, we have a lot of missing pieces that we can't acquire in a year.

We need a new mindset in the Front Office with a GM that knows how to build for the long run.

The last 20 years has proven that CP is not the answer.
I agree with this, but it wouldnt bother me one bit if we won a playoff game this year.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree with this, but it wouldnt bother me one bit if we won a playoff game this year.

This is how CP fools you or teases you with the possibility that we'll make the playoffs and by getting in then we have a chance to go the distance. Year after year we get to see a picture of a juicy steak and the opportunity to bite into it only to be disappointed when we find out it was a mirage.

Getting into the playoffs and even winning a playoff game is not going to satisfy this Chiefs Fan. We can do better and it starts with the complete removal of the entire Front Office sooner rather than later.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:00 PM
IMNSHO, I think Croyle gives us a better chance to win consistantly than Damon "Noodle-Arm" Hutard does.

Based on what? His 2006 preseason play? His 2006 regular season play? His 2007 preseason play? What? WHAT?

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, you don't know ANYTHING about Croyle. YOU'RE GUESSING. And HOPING. Period.

I think he even gives us the best chance to win now, and that he is clearly the better QB.

See above.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:04 PM
This is how CP fools you or teases you with the possibility that we'll make the playoffs and by getting in then we have a chance to go the distance. Year after year we get to see a picture of a juicy steak and the opportunity to bite into it only to be disappointed when we find out it was a mirage.

Getting into the playoffs and even winning a playoff game is not going to satisfy this Chiefs Fan. We can do better and it starts with the complete removal of the entire Front Office sooner rather than later.
Thank you captain obvious.

We all know this, but what does it change......not a damn thing....

I know, we should write another 5000 posts that say we need a new front office, that will get results.

It wont satifsy me either, but I still want to get there and see what happens.

If you dont think we are good enough to win it all, how exactly are we being fooled?

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:06 PM
Based on what? His 2006 preseason play? His 2006 regular season play? His 2007 preseason play? What? WHAT?

Unless you have some sort of crystal ball, you don't know ANYTHING about Croyle. YOU'RE GUESSING. And HOPING. Period.

See above.
You are exactly right. It is an OPINION my friend.

Just like the one you have of Huard. Simma down.

chop
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM

You've just lost any credibility with me with this comment.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:09 PM
You are exactly right. It is an OPINION my friend.

Just like the one you have of Huard. Simma down.

I didn't state an opinion of Huard, did I?

I only rebuffed your egregious claims of Croyle's invincibility.

chop
Hyperbole much?

:bravo: :thumb:

chiefsfan1963
Thank you captain obvious.

We all know this, but what does it change......not a damn thing....

I know, we should write another 5000 posts that say we need a new front office, that will get results.

It wont satifsy me either, but I still want to get there and see what happens.

If you dont think we are good enough to win it all, how exactly are we being fooled?

You prove my point exactly. This why CP is still GM for the CHiefs.

beach tribe
Im not trying to bash Huard either. I think hes doing well.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:11 PM
What?

You think I have anything to do with the reason CP is still in office? Ive never even been to a game. Dude, you are delusional.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I didn't state an opinion of Huard, did I?

I only rebuffed your egregious claims of Croyle's invincibility.
I am not the one you quoted silly.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
I am not the one you quoted silly.

My apologies.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:15 PM
My apologies.
Its cool.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:17 PM

This is NOT why Carl Peterson is "still" the GM for the Chiefs.

Carl Peterson is the GM for the Chiefs, not because of public opinion, but because he puts a competitive franchise on the field, year in and year out.

If the mandate from the ownership was to win a championship, then Peterson would have been fired long ago.

Peterson is the GM because the Hunt family clearly respects and likes the results under Peterson.

Regardless of fan apathy.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 01:19 PM
What?

You think I have anything to do with the reason CP is still in office? Ive never even been to a game. Dude, you are delusional.

No. When you say "I still want to get there and see what happens" you have proven my point in my last post regarding how CP teases Chief fans. You settle for the hope that by making the playoffs your team has a chance to go the distance. Instead I believe making the playoffs is not necessarily a goal but a step. The real goal of a GM is to build a championship team that wins multiple SB's in a decade.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Carl Peterson is the GM for the Chiefs, not because of public opinion, but because he puts a competitive franchise on the field, year in and year out.

If the mandate from the ownership was to win a championship, then Peterson would have been fired long ago.

Peterson is the GM because the Hunt family clearly respects and likes the results under Peterson.

Competitive for what?? The final wild card spot? If we are so consistently competitive, why was CP begging the owners to expand the playoffs? So that the 8-8 teams could get in?

We've had 4 competitive teams in Peterson's 19 years....93, 95, 97, and '03. That is not a consistently competitive team. It's not even close.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 01:22 PM

You are right. I've said this as well. Lamar Family have no passion to win SB's they have better things to do.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:23 PM
No. When you say "I still want to get there and see what happens" you have proven my point in my last post regarding how CP teases Chief fans. You settle for the hope that by making the playoffs your team has a chance to go the distance. Instead I believe making the playoffs is not necessarily a goal but a step. The real goal of a GM is to build a championship team that wins multiple SB's in a decade.
Thats the goal.

But my love for the Chiefs, and desire for them to succeed, doesnt have shit to do with CP keeping his job.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Competitive for what?? The final wild card spot? If we are so consistently competitive, why was CP begging the owners to expand the playoffs? So that the 8-8 teams could get in?

We've had 4 competitive teams in Peterson's 19 years....93, 95, 97, and '03. That is not a consistently competitive team. It's not even close.

Hey dude, I'm not the owner.

If the Hunts were unhappy with Peterson's performance, it's within their rights to fire him.

Clearly, after 19 years, they're not ready to make that move.

Get over it.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:24 PM

Thats not very consistent.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Thats not very consistent.

It's also inaccurate.

The Chiefs made the playoffs in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003 and 2006

There's only been 4 losing seasons during those 19 years.

I'd say that's fairly competitive.

Unlike their neighbors, the Royals.

The Hunts MUST be happy because he's still in charge.

Frankie
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Croyle may or may not be the QBotF for this team, but we'll never know as long as he's on the sidelines.
Though this point has been made many times it seems to be totally ignored by the Huard crowd. This is the most powerful point of this whole debate. That's why I want to know if Croyle is the real thing BEFORE we go the next draft. The worst thing we can do is to waste an otherwise much needed high draft choice on another QB while we may have a good one here already.

Frankie
10-01-2007, 01:38 PM
How are you so sure? If Brady Quinn had fallen one more spot we would have drafted him instead of D-Bowe. I'm kinda happy that didn't happen.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:41 PM
How are you so sure? If Brady Quinn had fallen one more spot we would have drafted him instead of D-Bowe. I'm kinda happy that didn't happen.
I think if we wanted Queer, we could have had him.

Croyle will start in 08. Regaurdless of what he does this yr.

Frankie
10-01-2007, 01:46 PM

The Hunts remember the '70s and the '80s well. Too well if you ask me. Snakebitten by Steadman's totally inept front office they are happy enough with a GM that builds the team only enough to attract the fans to their seats next season. I think the ownership is too afraid of ending up with another Steadmann-like FO.

beach tribe
10-01-2007, 01:49 PM
The Hunts remember the '70s and the '80s well. Too well if you ask me. Snakebitten by Steadman's totally inept front office they are happy enough with a GM that builds the team only enough to attract the fans to their seats next season. I think the ownership is too afraid of ending up with another Steadmann-like FO.
Prolly

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 01:57 PM
It's also inaccurate.

The Chiefs made the playoffs in 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1997, 2003 and 2006

There's only been 4 losing seasons during those 19 years.

I'd say that's fairly competitive.

Unlike their neighbors, the Royals.

The Hunts MUST be happy because he's still in charge.

The Chiefs were legitimate threats in only four of those 19 years. In 1990, 91, 92, 94 (you forgot, WC loss to Miami), and '06 we were also-rans with no shot in hell of winning anything.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 01:58 PM

And if you end up with a Steadman, you fire the sonofabitch after 3 years, not 20.

That's on the Hunt's, and it's something that they could easily fix.

It's a results-based position, the GM isn't musing about the intangibles of string theory.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:12 PM
The Chiefs were legitimate threats in only four of those 19 years. In 1990, 91, 92, 94 (you forgot, WC loss to Miami), and '06 we were also-rans with no shot in hell of winning anything.

Give me a break.

Legitimate threat?

If they had WON, you wouldn't be saying that they weren't a "legitimate" threat.

In 2006, they had a SHOT at winning. The head coach started the wrong QB (similar to the head coach in 1997). The defense played extremely well.

But I guess the Chiefs weren't a "legitimate threat" to win in San Diego yesterday, either?

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Hyperbole much?

That said, you don't change QBs when you're winning. The real shame is that they started the season with him. Hopefully it's not going to set us back in '08, when we're scratching our collective heads wondering why Croyle doesn't look any better than he did in preseason '07.Awesome.
:clap:

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Give me a break.

Legitimate threat?

If they had WON, you wouldn't be saying that they weren't a "legitimate" threat.

In 2006, they had a SHOT at winning. The head coach started the wrong QB (similar to the head coach in 1997). The defense played extremely well.

But I guess the Chiefs weren't a "legitimate threat" to win in San Diego yesterday, either?

You honsetly think Damon Friggin Huard could have led us to a Super Bowl. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 02:16 PM

We HAVE to throw the ball 30 times a game right now. I don't trust Croyle. I trust Huard. He's not making dumb decisions.Blah blah blah.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Croyle wasn't ready. Peter King said so. LMAO Did you really mean to type this shit? You're a tool...

Rausch
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
How are you so sure? If Brady Quinn had fallen one more spot we would have drafted him instead of D-Bowe.

WTF ever... :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I don't believe we'd be 2-2 with Brodie.I agree. I say 3-1.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:25 PM
LMAO Did you really mean to type this shit? You're a tool...

You're an asswipe.

Thanks for picking and choosing the quotes.

Moron.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM

Did I state that?

NO.

What the f*ck is wrong with you people?

Stating that Croyle was clearly not ready to lead the Chiefs into the 2007 season due to his poor preseason performance is NOT the same as saying that Damon Huard is anything near a Pro-Bowl, Super Bowl Quarterback.

Got it?

ChiefsCountry
10-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Did I state that?

NO.

Stating that Croyle was clearly not ready to lead the Chiefs into the 2007 season due to his poor preseason performance is NOT the same as saying that Damon Huard is anything near a Pro-Bowl, Super Bowl Quarterback.

Got it?

I wasnt talking about Croyle, go look at the post that I quoted that from.

headsnap
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Did I state that?

NO.

yup, you pretty much implied that:

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I wasnt talking about Croyle, go look at the post that I quoted that from.

Cool. But still, the question remains:

Why is it that by stating Croyle wasn't ready to start the 2007 season is automatically to be interpreted as Damon Huard is a great QB?

Is that those people can't read? Won't read? Or that they're just plain f*cking stupid?

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
yup, you pretty much implied that:

Really? Then you're just friggin' DUMB.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 02:41 PM

The only dumb one, is the sonofabitch who thinks that having a SHOT equates to being competitive for a title.

I have a shot to f*ck Scarlett Johannsen. It's probably 1 in 500 or so million, but it doesn't mean that I'm in a competition to be her next bedmate.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
The only dumb one, is the sonofabitch who thinks that having a SHOT equates to being competitive for a title.

I have a shot to f*ck Scarlett Johannsen. It's probably 1 in 500 or so million, but it doesn't mean that I'm in a competition to be her next bedmate.

Give me a break. Friggin' A, Hamas. I thought you were smarter than this.

I don't think there was ANYONE on this forum last September that thought the Chiefs would even be competitive after the loss of Willie Roaf on opening day and Trent Green in game one.

But guess what? THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

If you're so damn certain this team is going nowhere and won't amount to anything, why bother watching or attending the games? Why waste your time as a fan?

THAT to me is a dumb sonofabitch.

PS - I think you're over-estimating your chances with Scarlett Jo

Chiefnj2
10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Croyle doesn't "deserve" anything. If he didn't melt down in preseason he'd "deserve" a shot. Right now, Herm needs to make up his mind.

headsnap
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM

that was YOUR quote dumbass!!!!

I'm going to go DL some new music...

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Give me a break. Friggin' A, Hamas. I thought you were smarter than this.

I don't think there was ANYONE on this forum last September that thought the Chiefs would even be competitive after the loss of Willie Roaf on opening day and Trent Green in game one.

But guess what? THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME.

If you're so damn certain this team is going nowhere and won't amount to anything, why bother watching or attending the games? Why waste your time as a fan?

THAT to me is a dumb sonofabitch.

PS - I think you're over-estimating your chances with Scarlett Jo

So I should just be a fairweather fan and only watch whenever we are winning...

:spock:

Is your Colts Starter jacket restricted airflow to your brain??

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:53 PM
that was YOUR quote dumbass!!!!

I'm going to go DL some new music...

Explain to me how stating that the Chiefs would have had a better shot at winning in Indy circa 2006 with Damon Huard at quarterback is the same as saying "The Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl with Huard at QB"?

I guess you're a retard. That *might* explain your reading comprehension.

But maybe not.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 02:55 PM
So I should just be a fairweather fan and only watch whenever we are winning...

:spock:

Is your Colts Starter jacket restricted airflow to your brain??

I never thought I'd say this to Mr. Hamas Jenkins, the self-proclaimed genius of Chiefsplanet.

Your and idiot.

Thanks for playing.

headsnap
10-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Explain to me how stating that the Chiefs would have had a better shot at winning in Indy circa 2006 with Damon Huard at quarterback is the same as saying "The Chiefs would have won the Super Bowl with Huard at QB"?

I guess you're a retard. That *might* explain your reading comprehension.

But maybe not.

Retart, nobody said ANYTHING on this thread about the Chiefs winning the 06 SB with Huard...

why don't YOU try a little reading comprehension.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Retart, nobody said ANYTHING on this thread about the Chiefs winning the 06 SB with Huard...

why don't YOU try a little reading comprehension.

Really? How about this:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I never thought I'd say this to Mr. Hamas Jenkins, the self-proclaimed genius of Chiefsplanet.

Your and idiot.

Thanks for playing.

You said:

How is that not a plea to be a fairweather fan??

Frankie
Trust me. She's not all that in bed.

headsnap
Really? How about this:
I don't see the word 'WIN'... :p

jettio
10-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Hyperbole much?

Huard's TD passes were throws that should have been thrown. Gonzalez was ready to make the catch and the Chargers players never came close to playing the ball on that play.

Bowe's TD was 3rd and 19. 3rd and 19. 3rd and 19. If you have press coverage on Dwayne Bowe as your outside receiver on 3rd and 19 and you can zip a pass in there before any safety help, that is what you do. Huard's pass was so accurate that Bowe caught it with his right arm only and did not have to break stride.

What Damon Huard have you been watching the last two years? This is another case of Gannon syndrome. Gannon and Huard got results for the Chiefs when each had a chance to play, but people did not give Gannon credit because of his throwing style, and the same for Huard.

Printers outplayed Croyle in the preseason. All of the geniuses around here write off Daunte Culpepper, who was damn near MVP a couple of years ago, and it looks like he is recovered from a serious injury. Croyle who has a much worse injury history gets all of this praise and love and he has not accomplished anything.

Croyle made a couple of routine throws on a single preseason drive, there was nothing "amazing" looking about it. Both of Huard's TD throws yesterday were 10X better than any throw Croyle has made for the Chiefs, even any on that so-called "amazing" preseason TD drive that was nothing special at all.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't see the word 'WIN'... :p
ROFL

Tribal Warfare
10-01-2007, 03:16 PM
Huard's TD passes were throws that should have been thrown. Gonzalez was ready to make the catch and the Chargers players never came close to playing the ball on that play.

There were a shitload of saves that Bowe and Gonzalez gave Huard too. If they didn't have superhumans as targets he would've had at least 3 INTs in that game.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 03:17 PM
You said:

How is that not a plea to be a fairweather fan??

I guess it's a plea to give up being a fan, whatsoever.

I don't like the direction the Chiefs have taken since Marty left. I wasn't happy with the Gunther hire, I wasn't happy with the Vermeil hire and I wasn't really all that stoked with the Edwards hire.

For whatever reason and despite the glaringly stupid play-calling and poor decisions regarding the starting QB's, the Chiefs are winning under Edwards. It's baffling.

But constantly complaining, over and over and over about the direction of the team is tiresome, isn't it? At some point, don't you just say "Screw it? I'm done?".

I'm not there but it sure appears that there are several members who unknowingly seem to be there.

No offense, but you appear to be one of those members as well.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM

:clap:

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
We've had 4 competitive teams in Peterson's 19 years....93, 95, 97, and '03. That is not a consistently competitive team. It's not even close.Its ****ing sad, is what it is.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:39 PM
You're an asswipe.

Thanks for picking and choosing the quotes.

Moron.Ha. I didn't pick and choose. You said Peter King.
ROFL

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Ha. I didn't pick and choose. You said Peter King.
ROFL

Whatever, asswipe.

I also said the local media, the coaching staff, the front office, etc.

Thanks for picking and choosing.

It's clear to EVERYONE but "BigChiefDave" that the Croyle wasn't ready to begin the season as the Chiefs starting QB.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:44 PM

Bowe's TD was 3rd and 19. 3rd and 19. 3rd and 19. If you have press coverage on Dwayne Bowe as your outside receiver on 3rd and 19 and you can zip a pass in there before any safety help, that is what you do. Huard's pass was so accurate that Bowe caught it with his right arm only and did not have to break stride.

What Damon Huard have you been watching the last two years? This is another case of Gannon syndrome. Gannon and Huard got results for the Chiefs when each had a chance to play, but people did not give Gannon credit because of his throwing style, and the same for Huard.

Printers outplayed Croyle in the preseason. All of the geniuses around here write off Daunte Culpepper, who was damn near MVP a couple of years ago, and it looks like he is recovered from a serious injury. Croyle who has a much worse injury history gets all of this praise and love and he has not accomplished anything.

Croyle made a couple of routine throws on a single preseason drive, there was nothing "amazing" looking about it. Both of Huard's TD throws yesterday were 10X better than any throw Croyle has made for the Chiefs, even any on that so-called "amazing" preseason TD drive that was nothing special at all.Well stated, Carl... :rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
It's clear to EVERYONE but "BigChiefDave" that the Croyle wasn't ready to begin the season as the Chiefs starting QB.Explain to me how Huard was. He hardly played. And when he did he looked like shit. Huard got the job by default.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM

Hey, I got into an extensive argument with Parker about Culpepper. I think the Chiefs really missed out on this deal. I dare say that Culpepper is better than ANY QB on our current roster and he could have been signed for nothing.

But the myopic Chiefs front office (and many of their fans) thought it was a bad idea to bring in a former MVP of the league who's coming off a knee injury (hello, Croyle?) who in his second start this season, scored 5 touchdowns.

Post count does not equal football intelligence.

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey, I got into an extensive argument with Parker about Culpepper. I think the Chiefs really missed out on this deal. I dare say that Culpepper is better than ANY QB on our current roster and he could have been signed for nothing.

But the myopic Chiefs front office (and many of their fans) thought it was a bad idea to bring in a former MVP of the league who's coming off a knee injury (hello, Croyle?) who in his second start this season, scored 5 touchdowns.

Post count does not equal football intelligence.WTF? He was 5-12 for 75 yards. Whoa, he really lit it up.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 04:55 PM
Explain to me how Huard was. He hardly played. And when he did he looked like shit. Huard got the job by default.

I don't have to explain anything to you.

The Chiefs made their decision based on OTA's, training camp and pre-season. Any "Professional" journalist who reported on the Chiefs training camp felt that Croyle wasn't ready. The Chiefs thought Croyle wasn't ready. The overwhelming majority of fans SAW that Croyle wasn't ready.

Why is this so f*cking difficult for you to understand?

BigMeatballDave
10-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I don't have to explain anything to you.

The Chiefs made their decision based on OTA's, training camp and pre-season. Any "Professional" journalist who reported on the Chiefs training camp felt that Croyle wasn't ready. The Chiefs thought Croyle wasn't ready. The overwhelming majority of fans SAW that Croyle wasn't ready.

Why is this so f*cking difficult for you to understand?
The majority of this board wanted Croyle right before the season started.

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
The majority of this board wanted Croyle right before the season started.

Big deal. The majority of this board wants to see Boomer start. Or Brian Shay. Or Marc Boerigter. Or the other myriad of "fan favorites". Does that make the "majority" of the board correct? Hell no.

People here get offended that their favorite team isn't mentioned in the national media but when they are, the media is "wrong" and "against" them.

Many of the same people who bitch about Croyle not starting didn't see the pre-season games, don't have the NFL Sunday ticket nor do they watch every game. Many threaten to turn off the TV when things are going bad (see the Official Game Thread for evidence).

So whose opinion are you going to believe? The coaching staff, front office and national football writers? Or a few disgruntled guys on an internet forum who do not have all of the pertinent information?

I'll go with the former.

chiefsfan1963
10-01-2007, 05:15 PM
pretty freakin hilarious... no one really knows what Croyle can do. He certainly didn't wow the coaching staff during the pre-season enough to make him Chief's starting QB. That being the case then it really doesn't matter if he gets in or not b/c Huard is doing the job sufficiently enough for Herm football.

We all can agree this is not a special team that is going anywhere near the SB. Our OL challenges will have to be addressed during the offseason both in the draft and free agency. If we can get at least a Top 10 but preferably a Top 5 next year then we can pick some strong OL players. If we do what we usually do and win enough games to push us in the high teen's low 20's then we'll continue to get "scraps" and just get by.

If by some miracle we do get a Top 5 it will be interesting to see what we do. I can't imagine that we wouldn't focus on OL but can a potential franchise QB change our strategy?