PDA

View Full Version : Who Didn't see this coming

bkkcoh
10-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Comments from the San Diego Tribune..

Some of the comments sounds like it could have been from the Star after week 3.

Link (http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20071001-9999-1s1voices.html )

UNION-TRIBUNE

October 1, 2007

IDIOT BOX: Sure am glad every Chargers home game sold out in advance of the season. Now I can sit at home and watch this garbage every Sunday. Thanks.
EARL HARSHBERGER JR.,
Spring Valley
GRASSY NORV: How do you take a 14-2 team and turn it into a losing team? Hire Norv Turner, that's how. Who takes a winning coach and trades him for a losing one? Can someone say “conspiracy”?

JAY YOUNG, Ridgecrest
FALLOUT, BOYS: Oceanside and Chula Vista say no stadium deal.

DON SCHULZ, La Mesa
FEEL THE DRAFT: The Chargers should stop pretending to be a Super Bowl team and instead play for something more tangible, like the No. 1 pick.

JACK BRIGGS, La Jolla
ULTIMATE INSULT: The Chargers quit. They got pounded by a mediocre Chiefs team and rolled over. No pride, no enthusiasm. Worst of all, the Raiders have a better record than the Chargers. Somewhere, Marty Schottenheimer is smiling.

JEFF GALYARDT, Murietta
CIVIC PRIDE: I can't figure out who had the better day: the Chargers with their “Super Bowl hangover” or the “I don't need to be a winner or champion, I just need to be competitive” Padres.

CHRIS SCHULTZ, San Diego
LIFE IS GOOD: Not to worry, A.J., your team is 1-3, but now you have a coach you can “get along with,” and you don't have a Pro Bowl linebacker bugging you to renew his contract (he just helped beat you big time).

KEN EPPLER, Vista
SICK, TIRED: I am sick and tired of Chargers defensive players dancing and strutting when they make a tackle, when they miss too many tackles and allow the opponents to score late in the game when we need a stop. I'm sick and tired of Philip Rivers turning the ball over. I'm sick and tired of Chargers offensive geniuses deciding that 116 yards in the first half means we should stop giving the ball to LT in the second half.

DEAN MARSDEN, El Cajon
LIT UP: Funny that Shawne Merriman resurrected his ridiculous “Lights Out” dance, and the next play the Chiefs began their fourth-quarter domination of the Chargers defense with a long TD score. Indeed, the lights went out – for the Chargers.

LUKE BUCHAM, San Diego
QB AND DB: It looked like the Chargers brought Ryan Leaf out of retirement to play QB. Is Billy Volek available next week? Also, we all know Quentin Jammer cannot cover; now he can't even tackle. It's going to be a long season if they don't start playing better defense and opening to Page 2 of the playbook and trying something different. We have the weapons; why don't we go out and at least attempt to blow someone out?

DAVID WILLEY, Coronado
POOR CHOICE: A.J. Smith: You now have your “coach” on your team. It is poorly prepared, poorly disciplined and lacks emotion. When you fire Norv Turner, will you be man enough to admit you made a mistake?

LARRY GALLANT, Encinitas
DOORMATTERS: OK, Spanos, time to man up and admit you made a huge mistake. Pick up the phone, call Marty, beg him back, tell A.J. to take a hike and to take Norv with him. I really didn't think it was possible to take a 14-2 team and turn it into doormats without losing any key players, in just a matter of months.

VICTOR TREVINO, San Diego
TOUGH ALL OVER: I think it isn't time to panic again; let's wait until we get to 2-14. Meanwhile, continue to laugh when you drop sure TD passes, Vincent Jackson. And supercoach Norv Turner, have you ever opened your mouth this season? Wow, this is the most difficult thing: being a San Diego fan.

JOSE LUIS VAZQUEZ,
Tijuana
SAD STATEMENT: I started this season with high expections and was looking forward to many Sunday celebrations knowing that this Chargers club was going to take care of business. I didn't expect 14-2 again, but I was looking for a statement that last year was not going to happen again. Four games into the season the statement has been made. The Chargers are average, at best. The organization has imploded and there is no direction in the coaching staff. This team is not about football, it's about inflated egos. And the rest of the NFL is not buying it.

JOSE GONZALEZ, San Diego
COME ON, '08: Chargers: 1-3. Norv Turner's career winning percentage: .413. Coincidence? I think not. How long do we have to suffer until we get a winning coach? The only positives I can think of are a first-round draft pick. And maybe I can get tickets to the home games next season.

JAMES MAGILL,
Torrey Highlands
WIN OR ELSE: Talented players do not drop the football knowing that it will cost your team the game. What a shame. You guys are better than that. Denver is a must win, if you want to have a chance at the playoffs.

sd4chiefs
10-01-2007, 07:37 AM
I woke up at 6:00am this morning and the first thing I did was run outside to get the UT to read the 'Voice of the Fans'. I am glad it was still dark out because I was still in my underware. ROFL

JohninGpt
10-01-2007, 07:39 AM
I woke up at 6:00am this morning and the first thing I did was run outside to get the UT to read the 'Voice of the Fans'. I am glad it was still dark out because I was still in my underware. ROFL
Probably safer in your undies than in a red jersey this morning.