PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's MMQB "Fine Fifteen"

JohninGpt
10-01-2007, 08:01 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/30/mmqb/1.html

San Diego #10, Denver #11, Chiefs/Raiders - No mention.

The Fine Fifteen

1. New England (3-0). October's an interesting month for the Pats, full of pesky foes. But I say they come out of the month 8-0, after games with Cincinnati, Dallas and Miami on the road and Cleveland and Washington at home.

2. Indianapolis (4-0). Fourth quarter, 6:33 p.m. ET, Sunday, Jim Nantz announces on CBS after a Jake Scott false start, "That's the first penalty of the game on the Indianapolis offense.'' And now you know one of the 100 reasons why this team is so, so good.

3. Dallas (4-0). By my count, Tony Romo ran backwards 28 yards with that weird kicking of the lost football, then ran forward 37 yards. Something like that. Whatever, it's one of the great plays of this, or any other, season.

4. Green Bay (4-0). Defensive ends Cullen Jenkins, Kabir Gbaja-Biamila and Aaron Kampman combined for three sacks, two quarterback hits, two passes batted down and a forced fumble. They may not have handled Adrian Peterson on Sunday, but they handled everything else the Viking offense tried.

5. Pittsburgh (3-1). You know why I don't kill the Steelers for losing in Arizona? Because there was plenty for the Cards to play for (with the Whisenhunt-Grimm revenge angle), and because Pittsburgh has still outscored its foes 111-47.

6. Tennessee (2-1). On the flight home from New Orleans after the Titans routed the Saints last Monday, someone sidled up to Albert Haynesworth and said to him: "You made yourself an awful lot of money tonight.'' Truer words have not been spoken this year. Haynesworth will be a free agent at the end of the year (unless the Titans make a pre-emptive signing), and the free-agency crop is thin and NFL teams will likely have a record amount of cap room. Haynesworth might be the best defensive tackle in football right now, and if a brave GM can be convinced that Haynesworth's stomping days are over, he's about to be a very rich man.

7. Jacksonville (2-1). The AFC South is the best division in football right now. No other division is close.

8. Tampa Bay (3-1). "No question we're playing better than any team in the division right now,'' Ronde Barber said over the cell phone from a happy post-game bus in Charlotte. The Bucs have a suffocating D right now.

9. Seattle (3-1). The 2006 punching bags of the 49ers became the punchers by the Bay on Sunday.

10. San Diego (1-3). Sorry. I don't buy the Chargers-are-dead stuff. They're too good.

11. Denver (2-2). You know, I'm not sure why I'm putting them here, other than the fact that: a) I don't love any other team; and b) I never mark a team down too far after visiting the RCA Dome.

12. Detroit (3-1). The Lions scored 34 points in the fourth quarter on Sunday. The Rams have scored 39 points in 16 quarters.

13. Chicago (1-3). One of the things I've learned about football over the past 24 seasons: A team without a quarterback stinks.

14. Baltimore (2-2). Might be time to go with Boller, Brian Billick.

15. (tie) New York Giants (2-2). So much for the resuscitation of the Eagles. The sack-happy Giants made them look like the Mets Sunday night.

15. (tie) Washington Redskins (2-1). Amazing. Three NFC East teams in the top half of the league right now -- and the Eagles are not among them. Washington's bye came at the right time. The 'Skins need to heal on the offensive line and secondary.

tomahawk kid
10-01-2007, 08:04 AM
It's a wonder Peter King can articulate a thought with LT's dick in his mouth.

Mr. Plow
10-01-2007, 08:04 AM
They're too good? Bullshit. Sure they have some talent on their team, but the team I saw yesterday didn't appear to be that good.

Easy 6
10-01-2007, 08:06 AM
Man...i hate that guy.

JohninGpt
10-01-2007, 08:07 AM
They're too good? Bullshit. Sure they have some talent on their team, but the team I saw yesterday didn't appear to be that good.
They're 1-3, and in last place in a less than stellar division, but damn are they good!

chief52
10-01-2007, 08:09 AM
Obviously he watched none of that game yesterday...or maybe just the first quarter.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:10 AM
I'll never understand why you guys let him get to you...

pikesome
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Obviously he watched none of that game yesterday...or maybe just the first quarter.

Too busy shamelessly plugging Starbucks.

OnTheWarpath15
10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Damn.

If he thinks the Chargers are good, we must be great.

I mean, it's not like we went into their place and whipped them by 14 or anything.....

Like I said last night: The media will be pushing the "best 1-3 team in the history of the NFL" line all week.

Dartgod
10-01-2007, 08:12 AM
13. Chicago (1-3). One of the things I've learned about football over the past 24 seasons: A team without a quarterback stinks.
Then WTF are they doing at #13?

JohninGpt
I'll never understand how he continues to earn a living.

dirk digler
I read that this morning and I just couldn't believe what I read. SD got beat by a below average football, not just beat dominated especially in the 2nd half.

There is no way in hell they should be any better than 28th because their record dictates that.

pikesome
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM

He used to about the best. It's been a while but ever since the Pats starting dominating, credibility and insight have gone out the window.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:23 AM
The NFL is in a weird place right now with some of these teams... if you were doing a top 15, it would have to look something like:

1 - Colts
2 - Patriots
3 - Cowboys
4 - Packers
5 - Steelers
6 - Lions
7 - Seahawks
8 - Titans
9 - Jaguars
10 - Redskins
11 - Broncos
12 - Chiefs
13 - Ravens
14 - Raiders
15 - Giants

Flip 11-15 around any way you like really, it's 11A through 11E... nobody truly stands out and they all have issues.

Actually... Beyond the top 5, they all kinda suck in their own special ways right now.

Frazod
10-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah, a 2-2 team that could just as easily be 0-4 deserves 11.

And 1-3 losers that just got pisspounded at home deserve 10.

You know what pisses me off about this brain dead douche? The fact that he somehow has a voice, and credibility. HOW IS THAT F#CKING POSSIBLE? King is so f#cking stupid he makes Whitlock look like Einstein.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Who knew through nearly 4 weeks (1 game remaining), the leaders would look like this offensively?

QBs - yds
Kitna
Favre
Romo
P Manning
Hasselbeck

RBs - yds
T Henry
L Jordan
J Addai
W Parker
A Peterson

WRs - yds
Chad Johnson
Randy Moss
Roy Williams
Jerricho Cotchery
Antonio Gates

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah, a 2-2 team that could just as easily be 0-4 deserves 11.

And 1-3 losers that just got pisspounded at home deserve 10.

You know what pisses me off about this brain dead douche? The fact that he somehow has a voice, and credibility. HOW IS THAT F#CKING POSSIBLE? King is so f#cking stupid he makes Whitlock look like Einstein.

What would be your top 15? As I mentioned - beyond 5... it's a crapshoot at this point.

Chiefnj2
10-01-2007, 08:28 AM
When did Haynesworth become the best DT in the NFL?

Frazod
10-01-2007, 08:33 AM
What would be your top 15? As I mentioned - beyond 5... it's a crapshoot at this point.

Well, it certainly wouldn't include two 1-3 teams. And I'd rank both Kansas City and Oakland higher than Denver right now. If Jailakowski's kicked ball had hit two inches to the right, you'd be 1-3 right now.

JohninGpt
10-01-2007, 08:36 AM
The NFL is in a weird place right now with some of these teams... if you were doing a top 15, it would have to look something like:

1 - Colts
2 - Patriots
3 - Cowboys
4 - Packers
5 - Steelers
6 - Lions
7 - Seahawks
8 - Titans
9 - Jaguars
10 - Redskins
11 - Broncos
12 - Chiefs
13 - Ravens
14 - Raiders
15 - Giants

Flip 11-15 around any way you like really, it's 11A through 11E... nobody truly stands out and they all have issues.

Actually... Beyond the top 5, they all kinda suck in their own special ways right now.

That makes pretty good sense. Having two 1-3 teams in your top 15 would be assinine.
I don't disagree with King for listing the Donx. I disagree that he listed the Donx at 11 with no mention of the two teams currently tied with them.
Oh, who am I kidding. With no mention of KC, I could give a rats ass about the Raiders.

chagrin
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
The ravens are horrible, how can they possibly be in the top 15? If it's just based on their record then KC should be there as well.

That "Fine Fifteen" thing really is bad; there's no secret to it, anyone with half a brain wouldn't put a few of those teams in the top 15.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, it certainly wouldn't include two 1-3 teams. And I'd rank both Kansas City and Oakland higher than Denver right now. If Jailakowski's kicked ball had hit two inches to the right, you'd be 1-3 right now.

Sure, and if a frog had wings... or had Norv not gone all pass happy on the goal line, KC likely doesn't win.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 08:38 AM
The ravens are horrible, how can they possibly be in the top 15? If it's just based on their record then KC should be there as well.

That "Fine Fifteen" thing really is bad; there's no secret to it, anyone with half a brain wouldn't put a few of those teams in the top 15.

Here's the deal - you can't have a top 15 ranking without listing 3-4 teams that make people crazy right now.

chagrin
10-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Here's the deal - you can't have a top 15 ranking without listing 3-4 teams that make people crazy right now.

I can accept that, I think it's his comments that make it the worst.

Frazod
10-01-2007, 08:42 AM
Sure, and if a frog had wings... or had Norv not gone all pass happy on the goal line, KC likely doesn't win.

Sorry, but blasting the Chargers by 14 IN SAN DIEGO doesn't compare with eeking out an OT win against Oakland AT HOME.

Try again.

Easy 6
10-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I know that Whitlock logs on here once in awhile & i ask you Jason to please pass along to "Peter", through your media contacts, just how much of a know nothing, lucky to earn a check, biased marthfocker he is.

Take the dolts, skins, bears, giants & denveer & shove them up your balloon knot.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Sorry, but blasting the Chargers by 14 IN SAN DIEGO doesn't compare with eeking out an OT win against Oakland AT HOME.

Try again.

I dunno... SD is a 1-3 team... OAK is a 2-2 team.
:p

Deberg_1990
10-01-2007, 09:09 AM
10. San Diego (1-3). Sorry. I don't buy the Chargers-are-dead stuff. They're too good.

Sorry, Peter, i dont buy into the Peter King knows what hes talking about anymore. Hes too full of sh*t.

Hes got the Bears rated too high as well.

Teams are what they are. Know matter who the players are, or how the coaching is, there is a reason teams are 1-3. You can try and paint a pretty picture on it al you want, but 1-3 is a bad football team.

Frazod
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Well, God only knows where he'll rank us, but Prisco at least gave us an "A" grade for the game.

I don't think even he's enough of a Chief-hating tool to rank us below the Chargers, though.

FloridaMan88
10-01-2007, 09:25 AM
The idea that San Diego is an ultra-talented team is looking more and more like a myth. Marty is great at getting teams with limited talented to overachieve and look a lot better than they actually are in the regular season... only to be exposed in the postseason. Without Marty and a superior coaching staff, San Diego so called "talent" is being exposed as a fraud.

The Chargers have some great players in LT, Gates, "roidman" Merriman, Jamal Williams and Shaun Phillips... but that masks the fact they have a very average (at best) starting QB, mediocre WRs, mediocre defensive-ends and a crappy secondary.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2007, 09:26 AM
IN all fairness. He did say something nice about Huard a few pages later:

g. How can you not be happy for Damon Huard, as hard a worker as there is in football, and as honest a competitor as the game has. "My career's been an uphill battle, obviously,'' he said afterward. "It's pretty rewarding to be able to go out and have a game like this.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/30/mmqb/6.html

FloridaMan88
10-01-2007, 09:27 AM
IN all fairness. He did say something nice about Huard a few pages later:

g. How can you not be happy for Damon Huard, as hard a worker as there is in football, and as honest a competitor as the game has. "My career's been an uphill battle, obviously,'' he said afterward. "It's pretty rewarding to be able to go out and have a game like this.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/09/30/mmqb/6.html

No mention of Bowe though.

If it was a Patriots rookie WR who did what Bowe did yesterday, King would have written a 10 page manifesto gushing over the performance

Deberg_1990
10-01-2007, 09:30 AM

If it was a Patriots rookie WR who did what Bowe did yesterday, King would have written a 10 page manifesto gushing over the performance

Agreed. It makes me think that he didnt watch the game?? If he watches something, he usually talks about it.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 09:45 AM
AFCW teams are still a mystery

Denver won vs BUF/OAK = 3 wins and 5 losses
Denver lost vs JAX/IND = 6 wins and 1 loss

KC won vs MIN/SDC = 2 wins and 6 losses
KC lost vs HOU/CHI = 3 wins and 5 losses

OAK won vs MIA/CLE = 2 wins and 6 losses
OAK lost vs DET/DEN = 5 wins and 3 losses

SDC won vs CHI = 1 win and 3 losses
SDC lost vs GBP/NEP/KCC = 9 wins and 2 losses

-----------

So, really... no AFCW team has a quality win yet. The closest thing to it would be KC's win at SD yesterday, but ... aside from expectations going into this season, they don't look like much right now.

RINGLEADER
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe after we beat his number 7 team next week he'll recognize his earlier stoopidness. Then again he'll probably just say they're just too good and/or he can't drop them too far after a loss at Arrowhead.

Peter King (and the rest of the media) aren't going to buy into the Chiefs until we're 4-2. And they'll still doubt us. Get used to it.

And fwiw, if you compare our "talent" to San Diego's I'd argue that we're just as good at every position (including QB when Damon uses/is allowed to use his weapons).

keg in kc
10-01-2007, 09:58 AM
AFCW teams are still a mystery

Denver won vs BUF/OAK = 3 wins and 5 losses
Denver lost vs JAX/IND = 6 wins and 1 loss

KC won vs MIN/SDC = 2 wins and 6 losses
KC lost vs HOU/CHI = 3 wins and 5 losses

OAK won vs MIA/CLE = 2 wins and 6 losses
OAK lost vs DET/DEN = 5 wins and 3 losses

SDC won vs CHI = 1 win and 3 losses
SDC lost vs GBP/NEP/KCC = 9 wins and 2 losses

-----------

So, really... no AFCW team has a quality win yet. The closest thing to it would be KC's win at SD yesterday, but ... aside from expectations going into this season, they don't look like much right now.Valid post, although I think you need to further break them into home/road games. I consider KC's win yesterday, for instance, a quality win, because any road win in the NFL is a quality win in my book.

RINGLEADER
10-01-2007, 10:00 AM
So, really... no AFCW team has a quality win yet. The closest thing to it would be KC's win at SD yesterday, but ... aside from expectations going into this season, they don't look like much right now.

Can't really disagree. Although we did play well enough to win at Chicago. Three TOs in the redzone just killed us (not to mention the TD that would have made it a 3-point game being called back).

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Zouk
10-01-2007, 10:08 AM

But what about the defense?

Peter King gives slight mention to Huard, ESPN has a nice little write up on Bowe - but the real story is that the Chiefs dominated the Chargers on D in the 2nd half. They took over the game against a dynamic offense on the road. They made Rivers look like Brooks Bollinger.

The Chiefs haven't given up a 2nd half TD on D all year. Where's the respect?

10-01-2007, 10:14 AM
How about Randy Cross yesterday. He took every opportunity he could to dog on the Chiefs throughout the entire game. Even when we did something good it was bad.

Mile High Mania
10-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Valid post, although I think you need to further break them into home/road games. I consider KC's win yesterday, for instance, a quality win, because any road win in the NFL is a quality win in my book.

That's valid without question - winning divisional road games is key.

Easy 6
10-01-2007, 10:17 AM
How about Randy Cross yesterday. He took every opportunity he could to dog on the Chiefs throughout the entire game. Even when we did something good it was bad.

That mulletheaded pussy.

He does it every chance he gets.

Basileus777
10-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Peter King doesn't have a clue, everything he writes for SI shows his utter lack of NFL knowledge. I'm not surprised he is still d***riding the Chargers, for whatever reason the media loves them.

From reading that list it is clear he hasn't watched many NFL games this year. Someone needs to tell him the Broncos didn't look bad because they were playing the Colts, their run defense has been terrible for 4 weeks now.

DaKCMan AP
10-01-2007, 10:23 AM
I don't care where he rates KC, but Oakland should be ahead of Dungver.

Frazod
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm thinking he had some heavy cash riding on Bolts. Hopefully some bookie's enforcer is breaking his kneecaps right now.

Bearcat
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
I'd agree that it's time to drop the Chargers and Bears out of the top half of the league, but no one should expect us to jump to the top half. The Bears and Chargers have proven over 4 games they aren't the teams they were last year.

OTOH, the Chiefs put it all together for 30 minutes yesterday. It was a great 30 minutes on the road vs. a division rival that's supposed to be good, but after that you're looking at a win vs. the Vikings that a lot of people here didn't really see as a win, and then two losses.

We'll get a chance to earn respect, but it won't be next week against a team that's averaging like 50 yards rushing a game. Cincinnatti in a couple of games, and then things get interesting after the bye. The freakin' Packers could be 6-1 or even 7-0 coming into Arrowhead :)

Simply Red
10-01-2007, 10:51 AM
He doesn't get to me. IIRC he selected us as his pick to win the Super Bowl (at the beginning of the season) When we finished 13-3 a few years back.

BigRock
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Did you see Peter King's interview with Farve on NBC last night? At the end he says something like "Brett, after you threw the record breaking TD, did you stop and think 'I wish my dad could have been here?'".

Farve was like "Uh... I think that every day, Peter."

Seriously, WTF? Do you wish your dad could have been here? Like he'd say no? Peter King is such an unbelievable tool. Someone take him out back and put a slug in his head.

Hootie
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I dunno... SD is a 1-3 team... OAK is a 2-2 team.
:p
they beat the Browns and Dolphins...

siberian khatru
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Did you see Peter King's interview with Farve on NBC last night? At the end he says something like "Brett, after you threw the record breaking TD, did you stop and think 'I wish my dad could have been here?'".

Farve was like "Uh... I think that every day, Peter."

Seriously, WTF? Do you wish your dad could have been here? Like he'd say no? Peter King is such an unbelievable tool. Someone take him out back and put a slug in his head.

"Who? Oh, my dad. Yeah, him. Well, you know, Peter, he's been gone a long time now, kind of like Dorsey Levens, and I've moved on with my life."

HolmeZz
10-01-2007, 01:05 PM
Denver should be 0-4. Oakland and KC are the two best teams in the AFC West right now.

crazycoffey
10-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Yea, he's an idiot. The comments that get me were the ones highlighted in the thread opener, because I'm not buying that SD is dead either, but that they aren't good enough to be rated that high, we deserve some darn credit there.

Plus, PK can't knock a team that looses at the RCA dome? besides the chiefs is what he should have said....

But I'm not going to let it get to me, I wonder what he'll say when we beat his number 7 team next week though....

Frazod
10-01-2007, 01:14 PM
We can add Don Banks to the prick parade. Describes our offense as "moribund" (basically near death or dying) and says the fact that we're in first place is the single most surprising fact of the season.

F#ck you, Banks. I hope King sits on you. 4321

DaneMcCloud
10-01-2007, 01:21 PM
We can add Don Banks to the prick parade. Describes our offense as "moribund" (basically near death or dying) and says the fact that we're in first place is the single most surprising fact of the season.

Don Banks and Peter King overlook the Chiefs every year. Big deal.

But the Chiefs are 27th in total yards and 27th in points. While moribund may not be the exact word, it's pretty close.

I'd describe the offense is bad, but getting better. At least they're not going down...

crazycoffey
10-01-2007, 01:25 PM
Vic giving us Some Love...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802d8b85&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

Kansas City 30, San Diego 16: Let's just dispense with the notion that the Chargers are actually a good team performing poorly. At 1-3, they are what their record says they are -- a poor team.

The Chargers' offense continues to spin its wheels without having much to show for it. Their defense can't stop anyone.

And let's give the 2-2 Chiefs some credit. Although they entered the game with the better record, they were widely regarded as a significant underdog. However, Herm Edwards has a solid defense that plays its best in crunch time; it has yet to allow a second-half touchdown this season.

Frustrated running back Larry Johnson finally broke loose for 123 yards. Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) wasn't spectacular; he threw two interceptions, but he also had two scoring throws.

Granted, the Chargers have plenty of issues. The weight of the controversial decision to fire Marty Schottenheimer after last season's 14-2 finish and replace him with Norv Turner grows heavier by the week. Fans in San Diego began chanting, "Mar-ty! Mar-ty! Mar-ty!" as the game came to a close.

But the Chiefs have shown steady progress. They are getting by without a premier quarterback. Johnson finally had a breakout game. And their defense, which was ranked fourth in the NFL after three weeks, is solid.

Hootie
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Vic giving us Some Love...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802d8b85&template=with-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

Kansas City 30, San Diego 16: Let's just dispense with the notion that the Chargers are actually a good team performing poorly. At 1-3, they are what their record says they are -- a poor team.

The Chargers' offense continues to spin its wheels without having much to show for it. Their defense can't stop anyone.

And let's give the 2-2 Chiefs some credit. Although they entered the game with the better record, they were widely regarded as a significant underdog. However, Herm Edwards has a solid defense that plays its best in crunch time; it has yet to allow a second-half touchdown this season.

Frustrated running back Larry Johnson finally broke loose for 123 yards. Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) wasn't spectacular; he threw two interceptions, but he also had two scoring throws.

Granted, the Chargers have plenty of issues. The weight of the controversial decision to fire Marty Schottenheimer after last season's 14-2 finish and replace him with Norv Turner grows heavier by the week. Fans in San Diego began chanting, "Mar-ty! Mar-ty! Mar-ty!" as the game came to a close.

But the Chiefs have shown steady progress. They are getting by without a premier quarterback. Johnson finally had a breakout game. And their defense, which was ranked fourth in the NFL after three weeks, is solid.
After reading this, one thing is apparent:

This guy didn't watch the game, he just looked at the box score.

Psyko Tek
10-01-2007, 01:39 PM
no,no,no
let them all say how much we suck

I wanna hear all year how we shouldn't have won that game
excuses for a chiefs win
bad calls
homefield advantage
stupid coaching
just let us suck and accidently beat all the "pretty" teams out there

Bearcat
10-01-2007, 01:44 PM

3 points, 10 points, then 13 points...

Then against SD,
a field goal on a drive that started at the SD 22,
a field goal after starting on the SD 48,
a *long* 60 yard drive that ends with a field goal,
a touchdown drive that started on the SD 36,
and a 51 yard touchdown pass after gaining 20 yards (and moving 10 back from a hold)

I don't know if 'near death' would describe it.... but if we stay on track, 'waking from a coma' would be about right.

DJJasonp
10-01-2007, 02:21 PM
The thing about Peter King (tool) is this....the level of importance he lays out for certain teams is based upon 3 things:

1) Is it a NY or east-coast team?
2) Is the coach/GM/owner a personal friend or acquaintance of mine?
3) How good is the coffee in said NFL city?

This guy isnt qualified to write about pop warner, let alone the NFL.

DaWolf
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
A couple of weeks ago these idiot sportswriters were saying we'd be lucky to win a game.

Seriously, as a group, sportswriters are the laziest, most un-knowledgeable people when it comes to covering the national sports scene. They go sit in a bar, watch a few games, and then mail the rest of their columns in due to some preconceived notions they have or based on some guy they spoke to. East coast guys especially, know nothing...

Stewie
10-01-2007, 03:49 PM
It's a good thing Peter-in-my-mouth King works in a profession where you really don't have to be very smart. It's the only way a dumbass like that could keep a job. Who are the retards at SI that keep this penis receptor around?

Bob Dole
10-01-2007, 04:54 PM
Watching NFL Network just now, Mooch put Sandy Eggo as number 4.

Lunatic.

siberian khatru
10-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Watching NFL Network just now, Mooch put Sandy Eggo as number 4.

Lunatic.

No WAY. Are you serious?

DTLB58
10-01-2007, 05:25 PM
A couple of weeks ago these idiot sportswriters were saying we'd be lucky to win a game.

Seriously, as a group, sportswriters are the laziest, most un-knowledgeable people when it comes to covering the national sports scene. They go sit in a bar, watch a few games, and then mail the rest of their columns in due to some preconceived notions they have or based on some guy they spoke to. East coast guys especially, know nothing...

I agree, you can tell NONE of them have watched more than a few highlights of a Chiefs game this season and listened to all the other pundits who know nothing.

Frazod
10-01-2007, 06:04 PM
No WAY. Are you serious?

He said it. I just happened to have my TV on NFL Channel so I was able to rewind to it.

So we beat his FOURTH BEST TEAM IN THE NFL, on the road, by two touchdowns, and have a better record. But we don't get a mention.

I guess we know why that idiot isn't coaching anymore. :shake:

tk13
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
Here's my power rankings:

1. Saints - They have Reggie Bush, so they're #1

2. Rams - Kurt Warner once played for them, and he's playing well again.

3. Chargers - Greatest 1 win team in NFL history, bar none.

4. Browns - They have orange helmets. Orange gonna put them in the playoffs?

5. Patriots - I'll put them here because of their recent history, they need to show me more before I believe in them though.

dirk digler
10-01-2007, 06:10 PM
He said it. I just happened to have my TV on NFL Channel so I was able to rewind to it.

So we beat his FOURTH BEST TEAM IN THE NFL, on the road, by two touchdowns, and have a better record. But we don't get a mention.

I guess we know why that idiot isn't coaching anymore. :shake:

Unbelievable.

I am not saying the Chiefs are great or anything but at some point you have to give them a little credit for completely dominating the Chargers the entire 2nd half.

siberian khatru
10-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Here's my power rankings:

1. Saints
2. Rams
3. Chargers
4. Browns
5. Patriots

Jeez, STILL no respect even from the parodists. :shake:

penchief
10-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Peter King sounds like someone catering to a less informed football fan. I read SI until I was fifteen. That's when I discovered The Sporting News. It's easy to get lazy when you're catering to the MTV crowd.

tk13
10-01-2007, 06:25 PM
My bottom five.

28. Colts - The only beat Tennessee by a couple points. Vanderbilt could probably do that. Plus their QB just doesn't run with the football that well.

29. NY Mets - The mayor of Cincinnati could've thrown the baseball better than Tom Glavine did yesterday

30. Hope Solo - I don't care if you're Han's daughter, you don't show up your teammates and coach. You didn't see dad trying to steal all the glory from Luke when they blew up the Death Star, did you? You could learn a lesson, little girl.

31. Winston Justice - Unless Captain Planet was playing DE for the Giants last night, there was no excuse for what I saw.

32. Kansas City Chiefs - How dare they defeat the greatest 1 win team of all time! Pathetic. Herm Edwards doesn't even read the internet, so I can say whatever I want. Ha!