PDA

View Full Version : Started My Last New Job

pr_capone
10-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Hopefully that is.

I am tired of going from job to job just waiting for something to strike my interest enough to make me want to stick around for longer than a year.

Just found it me thinks. :D

I started my new job as a LRE Aide at an elementary school. Basically.... I just go from classroom to classroom on my own schedule and just help the teacher keep students attention, help students when they have questions and the teacher is busy, and on occasion get a group of students assigned to me for me to help them with homework and the like.

I had a GREAT time today. Played some football with the kids during lunch break and recess, taught some basic math, and just made myself useful all day long. It is great as there will be something new going on every day. :D

It does not pay much..... but I think I am REALLY going to enjoy this job like none I have ever had before.

w00t!!!

El Jefe
10-01-2007, 03:30 PM
Salary isn't the most important, as long as your happy and make enough to live a little that's all that matters.

ILikeBigTiddys
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Sweet deal. Hopefully I can be as successful as you in finding a job i like.

pr_capone
10-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Salary isn't the most important, as long as your happy and make enough to live a little that's all that matters.

That is what the wife is for. LOL

I am actually working at the school where she used to teach for 11 years. It is nice to feel like my work is actually contributing to humanity in general as opposed to looking at a computer screen all day. :D

The Bad Guy
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
This is exactly what I did last year. I worked at a middle school as a Special Education Teacher's Assistant.

Mid-way through last year, they offered to pay for me to get my master's in Special Education.

I'm 4 classes in right now and because of the need for s. ed. teachers in VA, I was able to get hired as a full-time Special Ed. teacher this year at full teacher salary.

It's a sweet deal.

allen_kcCard
10-01-2007, 03:38 PM
Is that like a paraprofessional job? Or is it more flexible than what a para would typically do?

Extra Point
10-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Good luck, PR. Maybe this is the kind of PR you'll find most rewarding.

pr_capone
10-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Is that like a paraprofessional job? Or is it more flexible than what a para would typically do?

I am basically a para for kids in a "Least Restrictive Environment"

Basically.... I am working with a bunch of borderline children who need a touch more attention than their counterparts.

chasedude
10-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I am basically a para for kids in a "Least Restrictive Environment"

Basically.... I am working with a bunch of borderline children who need a touch more attention than their counterparts.

Sounds like it's something different everyday, that helps. I had a job once at American Family Insurance. I checked MVR's for multiple states for insurance premiums and acceptance. It was the worst job I ever had soooo boring. I like my job now :)

allen_kcCard
10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Ahhh, sounds like what they call CWC (Class within class) where my wife teaches. Congrats. My wife is a sped teacher and is always talking about how great a good para is.

Stewie
10-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Do you work with puppets?

pr_capone
10-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Do you work with puppets?

Only my meat puppet but never in front of the kids. :D

DaFace
10-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Only my meat puppet but never in front of the kids. :D

Yikes. You didn't really have to go there, did you?

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a drag. Being around all those snot nosed future drug addicts. I feel for ya. I gotta go jerk a boar.

BigRedChief
10-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I had a GREAT time today. Played some football with the kids during lunch break and recess, taught some basic math, and just made myself useful all day long. It is great as there will be something new going on every day. :D

It does not pay much..... but I think I am REALLY going to enjoy this job like none I have ever had before.

w00t!!!

I did the opposite. Was saving lives as a Respiratory Therapist and sold out to double my income to go work in I.T.

beach tribe
10-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Life totally changes when you find a Job that makes you feel good. I know mine has.