PDA

View Full Version : So Is Parker Done?

petegz28
10-02-2007, 11:43 AM
With EK coming back or when EK comes back is Parker the odd man out?

Or do we see a typical Chiefs move of benching Bowe cause after all he was EK's backup and not Parker's?

StcChief
10-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Parker/Bowe likely Slot depending on the D and player matchups.

beach tribe
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Parker is the "slot machine"

Brock
10-02-2007, 11:46 AM
There is no way Bowe isn't a full time player right now.

suds79
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
There is no way Bowe isn't a full time player right now.

Yeah. Just like the last few years, you can pretty much forget about Parker.

He's a non factor.

Chief Faithful
10-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Herm did not list Parker as one of the teams "play makers" that must see the ball during the game. Parker also did not see a pass in Sandyeggo. Thus, I'm assuming he becomes the #3 receiver and when Webb starts getting it together Parker may slip to #4.

It is obvious Herm likes big receivers with good hands of which Parker has neither. I fully expect this is Parkers last year as a Chief.

wutamess
10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
I posted yesterday that Teicher said that Parker goes to #3 when EK returns. it was on kffl.com

petegz28
10-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I posted yesterday that Teicher said that Parker goes to #3 when EK returns. it was on kffl.com

No on reads your posts. Now go get those DLL's done.

Extra Point
10-02-2007, 12:01 PM
They'll rotate accordingly. Don't expect one WR to play all O downs.

BigRedChief
10-02-2007, 12:02 PM
Herm said it at his press conference also.

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Herm said yesterday Bowe was a starter when EK comes back. Parker's in the slot, Webb will be #4.

Sippio will likely go back to the PS.

chief husker
10-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I would like to see an occasional four wide set. Bowe Parker Gonzo Kennison. That would be scary for defenses to cover.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Gonzo, Kennison, Bowe, Bigfoot, Webb & Parker. LJ & Bennett can catches passes if Huard doen't throw to LJ's feet. That is some nice receivers now.

Sad part is, no place for Priest at all now :(

suds79
10-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I would like to see an occasional four wide set. Bowe Parker Gonzo Kennison. That would be scary for defenses to cover.

All except for the Parker part. :)

Fire Me Boy!
10-02-2007, 12:18 PM
All except for the Parker part. :)
Parker has played better this year than he has any of his previous seasons with the Chiefs.

He looks to me like he's improving and may have finally "got it"... too bad the guy doesn't PLAY as fast as he runs.

RockChalk
10-02-2007, 12:19 PM
Sad part is, no place for Priest at all now :(

was there ever? :shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I have not given up on Holmes. I prolly should, but I have not

noa
10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm glad he's heading to the bench, but let's not forget that huge first down Parker got in the Vikings game.
That doesn't make up for his dropped passes or general mediocrity, but it was a nice play.
He seems like the perfect player for Herm's motto "Know your role, do your job." You aren't a starter any more and we aren't going to feature you, but when you're in the game, you play hard and you come up big.

GoHuge
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I posted yesterday that Teicher said that Parker goes to #3 when EK returns. it was on kffl.comWhich is where he should be IMO.

jidar
10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
I have not given up on Holmes. I prolly should, but I have not

Yeah you've shown consistently bad judgement. Like when you said Green was never a good QB for us.

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Q: You played Dwayne Bowe more by necessity than choice when Eddie Kennison got hurt. Has he exceeded what you thought he’d be?

EDWARDS: “No, not at all, not at all. That’s why we drafted him. We knew he was a big play guy and we’re going to throw him the ball whether Eddie was well or not. He was going to play. When Eddie comes back, [Bowe’s] going to start. He’s going to start. That’s what we’re trying to do. We’re trying to draft young players and play ‘em. He’s ready to play. His first game he didn’t play as well as people anticipated, but I think he’s made up for it in the last three.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/1..._comments07sda/

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2007, 12:31 PM
They have until week 6 to decide on Priest right?

...I'd say he's done. Sad but true, we just don't need him right now...

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
GOCHIEFS, do you have any "inside info" on Priest?

DaKCMan AP
10-02-2007, 12:37 PM

ROFL

Wile_E_Coyote
10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah you've shown consistently bad judgement. Like when you said Green was never a good QB for us.

I didn't say he was bad. I said he was in a system, that Grbac could have done alright in. That #12 pick for him could have come in handy

~KC Johnny will have my back on Grbac :p

Skip Towne
10-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Sorry, you're going to need a Premium subscription.

bringbackmarty
10-02-2007, 01:40 PM
man you guys were at war last night. I wanted to jump in and finish him off skip, but you pretty much knocked his ass out by your third post or so.

Micjones
10-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Parker will become the #3 once Kennison returns.
Sadly, that's all he's ever really been. We never should've tricked ourselves into believing he was a starter.

Sad thing is, the kid's caught everything thrown to him this year. He's finally putting it all together, but it's a day late and a dollar short.

On the bright side...
He'll be an excellent slot guy.

Wallcrawler
10-02-2007, 02:33 PM
No way Bowe goes to the bench for Parker.

Parker in his entire time here has never put together consistent playmaking ability. He will get a nice deep td on a blown coverage and everyone is happy, then he drops the next 4 in a row.

Hell man, the guy acts like he won the superbowl after making a catch for a first down. He's a hotdog.

If he put half as much effort into his routerunning and receiving as he did his asinine celebrations after first downs, he'd be a good receiver.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-02-2007, 02:34 PM
If Priest does in fact come back, we could easily get rid of Boomer's worthless ass and move Kolby over to FB.

KurtCobain
10-02-2007, 02:41 PM
PBJ Last Down Sammie PBJ

Skip Towne
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
man you guys were at war last night. I wanted to jump in and finish him off skip, but you pretty much knocked his ass out by your third post or so.
:LOL:

kcchiefsus
10-02-2007, 03:03 PM
If Priest does in fact come back, we could easily get rid of Boomer's worthless ass and move Kolby over to FB.

Why the hell would we move Kolby Smith to fullback?

:rolleyes:

BigRedChief
10-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Did you see last weeks game? Did you see how much better our special teams coverage was? Did you see who was making those tackles? It was your pal, Boomer. That right there is enough to warrant a spot on the team.

beach tribe
10-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Did you see last weeks game? Did you see how much better our special teams coverage was? Did you see who was making those tackles? It was your pal, Boomer. That right there is enough to warrant a spot on the team.
Abso****inlutely. He is our BEST ST player.

InChiefsHeaven
10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Why the hell would we move Kolby Smith to fullback?

:rolleyes:

Seconded. Kolby Smith is our 3rd RB. He does not need to be wasted as a FB.

IF Priest came back (and I think it ain't gonna happen) they'd probably PS Kolby.

Easy 6
10-02-2007, 04:18 PM
If Shammy has FINALLY started to "get it" like he kinda showed at Minnesota, i wouldnt mind having him at #3...for 07 anyway.

Like Micjones said, it was a lot of wishful thinking that he could ever be more. He's NEVER looked very comfortable with the over the shoulder catch deep down field...he's best with slants, hooks etc. - slot type catches.