PDA

View Full Version : A way to look at where the Chiefs stand...

donkhater
10-03-2007, 06:51 AM
I like to divide the schedule into four sections. Division, same conference games, different conference games, NFC games.

In the AFC West, the schedules are identical save the two different conference opponents. So to see where each team truely is, I like to break down the results into these four catagories (alphbetical order):

Updated 10/29/07:

Division games:
Denver 1-1
KC 2-0
Oakland 0-3
SD 2-1

KC and SD have road wins. However, SD has dropped one at home. BIG advantage here to the Chiefs.

AFC South:
Denver 0-2
KC 0-2
Oakland 0-1
San Diego 1-0

Houston has a ton of injuries and Oakland and Denver have yet to play them. KC lost that chance in week 1. Tenn hasn't really looked very good the last couple weeks, so maybe there is a chance to pick up a game there.

NFC North:
Denver 0-1
KC 1-1
Oakland 0-1
SD 1-1

Going into the season this looked like a favorable conference to draw. But a 2-2 split would be a good result IMO. Oakland and Denver have lost a home game in this section which puts them behind SD and KC.

Other Conference games:
Denver 2-0 (Buffalo/Pittsburgh)
KC 1-0 (NYJ/Cincy)
Oakland 2-0 (Miami/Cleveland)
SD 0-1 (NE/Baltimore)

In a year where this division seems pretty balanced, this section will go a long way to determine who comes out on top. Oakland has their only two wins here and Denver has 2 of their 3. So to keep pace, two wins are needed. KC must win at the Jets late in the year. By then, Clemens should be starting. Hopefully they don't have a resurgance under the new guy.

The results from this analysis still show that so far, no team in the division has won games that KC can't. SD's style allows them to have more comfortable wins. I doubt KC will have any gimme's the rest of the year.

Luzap
10-03-2007, 07:37 AM
donkhater,

Good breakdown.

Luz
thanks...

donkhater
10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Updated 10/7/07

From an analysis of the games they've played, KC is in OK shape with regards to the division. However, they still look like ass.

NFL16
10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
The division title isn't totally out of reach at this point. Oakland is on top right now but I think it's pretty safe to say that they will not get it. That leaves the Chargers, Broncos, and us. IMO, the Chiefs could prove to be, and probably are better than the Broncos. Our toughest competition will be San Diego, who looked good today. Remember though, we beat them last week at their place. Again, I'm not saying that were a lock to get it or anything, but I'm just saying that it's not impossible. Depends on how well Croyle will play (assuming and praying that he will start).

CupidStunt
10-07-2007, 05:59 PM
What's the point?

The absolute best this team can hope for -- and even that's a miracle at this point -- is a 9-7 wildcard berth so we can go on the road and get a f**king MUDHOLE stumped in our ass by the Steelers.

KcMizzou
10-07-2007, 06:01 PM
What's the point?

The absolute best this team can hope for -- and even that's a miracle at this point -- is a 9-7 wildcard berth so we can go on the road and get a f**king MUDHOLE stumped in our ass by the Steelers.No kidding. I'm gonna spend all fall watching American Idol DVD's.

donkhater
10-07-2007, 06:06 PM
What's the point?

The absolute best this team can hope for -- and even that's a miracle at this point -- is a 9-7 wildcard berth so we can go on the road and get a f**king MUDHOLE stumped in our ass by the Steelers.
Fine by me. As long as the season isn't wasted by sitting Croyle on the bench.

However if that result were to occur with Huard taking all the snaps, then I agree, what's the point?

As of now I don't see anyone in the AFC WEST getting the wildcard over teams like Jacksonville or Tennessee.

donkhater
10-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Bump

jidar
10-15-2007, 07:53 AM
What's the point?

9-7 wildcard birth?

Don't you mean a 9-7 division title since odds are a wildcard team isn't coming out of the West? I can see you've thought this through.

donkhater
10-22-2007, 06:47 AM
Bump it. KC is still looking OK.

King_Chief_Fan
10-22-2007, 07:18 AM
What's the point?

how do you feel about the mudhole now that Denver has beat the Steelers?

HonestChieffan
10-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Im amazed we have the record we have, Ill admit I had very very low expectations. Whats worse is we beat the Raiders and I dont have my usual feelings of the past when we did it. Its like ok, we dodged that bullet...next time we come out of the locker room, we are doomed.

Rausch
10-22-2007, 07:52 AM
Im amazed we have the record we have, Ill admit I had very very low expectations. Whats worse is we beat the Raiders and I dont have my usual feelings of the past when we did it. Its like ok, we dodged that bullet...next time we come out of the locker room, we are doomed.

That's because it's not good enough that KC wins. They have to win the way you THINK they should.

How you feel about a win is completely up to you...

pikesome
10-22-2007, 08:03 AM
That's because it's not good enough that KC wins. They have to win the way you THINK they should.

How you feel about a win is completely up to you...

It might be that, with the way they're playing, I find it harder than normal to look at wins as "earned" as opposed to "lucked". The Chief's have shown us some good play and the defense is scary, playing from behind so much and not only keeping us in it but giving us a real chance to win. But they've also looked like ass, unable to score hardly despite having TG who still has it, LJ who was 1b RB in the league and Bowe who is doing a remarkable job as a rookie. None of the wins were statements more than "we scored more points today somehow".

CupidStunt
10-22-2007, 08:05 AM
how do you feel about the mudhole now that Denver has beat the Steelers?

For some reason, the Steelers had an awful gameplan. They still should've won, on the road.

Would you like KC's chances against 'em on the road?

KCJohnny
10-22-2007, 11:12 AM
For some reason, the Steelers had an awful gameplan. They still should've won, on the road.

We barely lost at Pile High last year, 9-6. We have 2 road victories in the AFCW this year. Yeah. I like our chances as long as we won't need actual points to win.

Chief Chief
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
Look at the bright side: The Chiefs scored more points yesterday than the Red Sox.

King_Chief_Fan
10-22-2007, 11:19 AM

not so much:)

Calcountry
10-22-2007, 11:24 AM
how do you feel about the mudhole now that Denver has beat the Steelers?I feel that rothlessbooger is overrated without the Bus to carry him.

CupidStunt
10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
We barely lost at Pile High last year, 9-6. We have 2 road victories in the AFCW this year. Yeah. I like our chances as long as we won't need actual points to win.

Against the Steelers.

donkhater
10-29-2007, 09:47 PM
bump