PDA

View Full Version : Why The Next Two Weeks Suck

Direckshun
10-03-2007, 09:04 AM
If the Chiefs win the next two games, they're for real. Period.

I don't care that the games are being won at Arrowhead.

Why? Because the Chiefs are playing two playoff contenders, both of them coming off their bye weeks, both of them presenting completely different challenges.

Jacksonville is an elite defense with an unremarkable offense.

Cincinnati is an elite offense with an unremarkable defense.

If the Chiefs can honestly find a way to compete with both squads and defeat them both in the end, we'll know this is not only a team with talent and promise, but a versatile team that gameplans well.

Very exciting season this has shaped up to be.

Deberg_1990
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Why would that suck????

beach tribe
10-03-2007, 09:06 AM
Agreed, but yea uh that doesnt suck.

Direckshun
10-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Why would that suck????
Perhaps it doesn't suck. It just presents a very steep challenge, defeating two playoff teams consecutively that are polar opposites of one another.

bobbything
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Perhaps it doesn't suck. It just presents a very steep challenge, defeating two playoff teams consecutively that are polar opposites of one another.
I don't believe Cincinnati is a playoff team this year. They're the Chiefs of 2004 with a less potent offense and a comparable defense.

StcChief
10-03-2007, 09:09 AM
but we win both and go into Chokeland with confidence and wipe the Faiders in the Black hole.

Direckshun
10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Exactly how is Cincinnati any worse this year than they were when they whooped our asses in Arrowhead last year?

I'm not saying we won't win, I believe we can. But they're playoff caliber.

bobbything
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Exactly how is Cincinnati any worse this year than they were when they whooped our asses in Arrowhead last year?

Well, they're 1-3 right now and they didn't make the playoffs last year. So, why would you think they're a playoff contender this year? They're the same team as last year with a hurt Rudi Johnson and a terrible defense.

Also, KC is infinitely better right now than they were at the beginning of last year.

Direckshun
10-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Well, they're 1-3 right now and they didn't make the playoffs last year. So, why would you think they're a playoff contender this year? They're the same team as last year with a hurt Rudi Johnson and a terrible defense.

Also, KC is infinitely better right now than they were at the beginning of last year.
I don't care about records. I care about how talented the team is. And other than Rudi Johnson's injury, this team is no less talented.

Elite QB, elite WRs, great OL, D that plays well when they've got a lead.

Brock
10-03-2007, 09:18 AM

That is a team in trouble. They won't be easy to beat, but they look just like the Chargers right now to me.

bobbything
10-03-2007, 09:19 AM
I don't care about records. I care about how talented the team is. And other than Rudi Johnson's injury, this team is no less talented.

Elite QB, elite WRs, great OL, D that plays well when they've got a lead.
So, record doesn't indicate how good a team is? I see.

Talent will only take you so far. As talented as they are, they're 9-11 in their last 20 games. That's not a good team. They may have the potential to be good, but they're not.

Edit: they remind me of the 2004 Chiefs. They had the ability to beat anyone because they had tons of talent. But when it was all said and done, a 7-9 team. That's not very good.

Rausch
10-03-2007, 09:28 AM
The Bengals can't stop anyone. Why would beating them be such an accomplishment?...

pikesome
10-03-2007, 09:31 AM
So, record doesn't indicate how good a team is? I see.

I'm just going to suggest that, maybe, that four games in, a team's record isn't the best measure. The Chargers are a great example, they're on pace to win 4 games. That's not likely unless they really can't extract their heads from their rear-ends. Part of projecting for teams with lower than expected records is estimating if they can fix the problems. The Bears are probably screwed, crappy QB play and injuries aren't likely to be fixed soon.

I do think Direcksun is giving them a bit too much credit, they have more than one problem and they looked like they were unraveling in their last game. Still, the Chiefs haven't proven they're better than a .500 team yet either.

StcChief
10-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Bungles looked bad at home vs Pats. (but who wouldn't they way they're playing now)

If we can pressure Palmer, keep WRs in check.
We can win this.

Jags are also a very winnable game. Good D but O?

bobbything
10-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm just going to suggest that, maybe, that four games in, a team's record isn't the best measure. The Chargers are a great example, they're on pace to win 4 games. That's not likely unless they really can't extract their heads from their rear-ends. Part of projecting for teams with lower than expected records is estimating if they can fix the problems. The Bears are probably screwed, crappy QB play and injuries aren't likely to be fixed soon.

I do think Direcksun is giving them a bit too much credit, they have more than one problem and they looked like they were unraveling in their last game. Still, the Chiefs haven't proven they're better than a .500 team yet either.
I agree, however, I still think their record is indicative of how good they are. They look like a 1-3 team right now. The Chiefs are on the upswing while the Bengals look to be imploding. I'm not saying they can't fix it, but, that defense is awful and their offense isn't really "clicking."

I just look at that team and they're basically the same team from last year. And they went 8-8 in 2006. I've seen nothing from them to indicate that they're going to fix it. I've watched 3 of their games and, really, they just don't look very good. And in order to get out of this 1-3 schnyde, they're going to have to start outscoring people. I just don't see that happening against our defense at Arrowhead.

I'd bet that Cincinnati will be 1-4 after we play them. And if that happens, they're not going to make the playoffs

Bowser
10-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Both of those teams coming off of bye weeks to play us is what sucks.

Micjones
10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Both teams present challenges to this football team and will tell us a great deal about this team's progression.

I believe that they'll be up for both games.
Now it's just a matter of whether or not they can execute.

I believe Cincy will be a tougher game because they're so stout on offense, but we'll see...

I fully expect this defense to be hell on wheels everytime it takes the field in Arrowhead.

FAX
10-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Both of those teams coming off of bye weeks to play us is what sucks.

The only decent thing about our schedule is where our own bye week lands. Other than that, we have to be playing one of the worst schedules in the history of the universe, Mr. Bowser. Satan with an oozing nutsack itch couldn't conceive of a worse schedule. JA missing the first two games didn't help.

But that's just whining, you know.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2007, 10:08 AM
I hope Derrick Johnson bounces Carson Palmers head offf the turf. Payback bitch. Well not really, I like Palmer. I hope Kyle Turley pounds Geathers head into the goal post. Yes, thats it!

LOCOChief
10-03-2007, 10:19 AM
I think we're getting way ahead of ourselves here. Jacksonville will be a test to say the least. Our Olinemen will have thier work cut out for them more than any other game to date (this year) TG will spend much of his time blocking and that will be the Jags objective to take away a demension . We will not be able to run the ball up the middle, it just isn't going to happen. Quick dumps to LJ and bigfoot might open some things up downfield but Huard will feel that D line all day. I Know we can win but we'll have to play like we did in the second half agains SD to do it. Oh and we'll need a couple of breaks too!

beach tribe
10-03-2007, 10:23 AM
It will be a tough task thats for sure. Their DTs scare the shit out of me.

R&GHomer
10-03-2007, 10:33 AM
The Jags are going to be tuff. Their Tackles are monsters. I hope Eddie makes it back for this game.

Rasputin
10-03-2007, 02:10 PM
The reason the next two weeks suck is because we are starting Huard, not Croyle. I want to see Croyle play and watch him grow with the young WRs that we have and get us a Super Bowl. IMO Huard holds us back from doing more with our O and that is going to be our downfall down the stretch of the season.

It's up to Huard to prove me wrong, and he better do it against the Jags.
Prove me wrong Huard. Mediocre is not good enough!!!

teedubya
10-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Most of the Bengals best players are in prison.

tk13
10-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Really we made it through the brutal part of the schedule. We still have some very tough games coming up, but most of them are at home. We play 6 of the next 8.... 7 of the next 10 games at Arrowhead. And two of those road games are winnable games at Oakland and Denver.

We'll see what happens... if we do have a somewhat typical 6-2/7-1 type home record... we're definitely gonna be in the playoff race in the last month... this huge stretch of home games takes us right into mid-December.

ct
10-03-2007, 02:51 PM
1 at a time, let's beat the Jags. That will be challenge enough for now.

And when is the last time we won in Denver? Perfect example of don't get so far ahead of yourself.

Halfcan
10-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Chiefs have played one good half of football and people are talking playoffs around here.

good luck with that-lol

ChiefsCountry
10-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Most of the Bengals best players are in prison.

Palmer, Rudi, Cinco Ocho, and TJ arent in prison.

MaxFects
10-03-2007, 09:17 PM
As bad as the schedule seems, at least the Chiefs don't play in Florida.

L.A. Chieffan
10-03-2007, 09:20 PM
I said it another thread but I'm really not scared of teams coming off of their byes. Especially these two teams that seem to have a lot if issues right now. Maybe somebody could post some stats of teams W-L records after coming off bye weeks.
I'm willing to bet it's not all that great.

jjchieffan
10-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I hope Derrick Johnson bounces Carson Palmers head offf the turf. Payback bitch. Well not really, I like Palmer. I hope Kyle Turley pounds Geathers head into the goal post. Yes, thats it!

Hey Now! Palmer is my fantasy QB, Be nice. :cuss: