PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football: Jags 24, Chiefs 14

Direckshun
10-03-2007, 11:26 AM
http://www.walterfootball.com/picks.php

Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1) at Kansas City Chiefs (2-2)
Line: Jaguars by 2. Total: 36.
Walt's Projected Line (Before Week 4): Chiefs -1.
Walt's Projected Line (After Week 4): Chiefs -3.
Sunday, 1:00 ET - Buy Tickets

The Game. Edge: Jaguars.
Injuries: JAGUARS: OUT: K Josh Scobee.

[Paragraph deleted for sheer irrelevant stupidity. You want to read it? Track it down yourself.]

Someone who doesn't need to age is Larry Johnson. After carrying the ball 416 times in 2006, holding out and getting paid, Johnson is averaging just 3.5 yards per carry this season. Granted, he gained 123 yards on 25 carries last week, but anything's possible when Norv Turner is involved. I'm skeptical; I need to see Johnson go over the century mark more than once. The Jaguars are 27th against the run, but that statistic is an aberration, given that they've been pretty stout against opposing ground attacks since Tennessee shredded them in Week 1. In fact, the Jaguars restricted Travis Henry to only 35 yards on 11 carries prior to their bye. If Johnson can't run effectively, Damon Huard will have to beat Jacksonville's secondary. Huard got away with some lucky throws last week, but I don't think it'll work this time; the Jaguars have 10 sacks in three games, so Huard won't have much of an opportunity to locate Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe downfield.

After LaDainian Tomlinson rushed for 114 yards in the first half last week, he touched the ball only three times in the third quarter. Jack Del Rio isn't dumb; if Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew are pummeling Kansas City's defensive front at 4.4 yards per carry - which is what they're giving up on the year - Del Rio will keep feeding Taylor and Jones-Drew the ball. What a concept. Furthermore, the Chiefs also have to worry about David Garrard scrambling out of the pocket. Garrard has been efficient this season (three touchdowns, no picks, 64-percent completion rate), and I expect him to economically manage this game.

Doesn't this line seem shady? The Chiefs just knocked off the Chargers on the road, yet they're home dogs to a Jaguars team that had problems with the Titans and Falcons? About two-thirds of the betting public seem to be taking the bait, assuming this is even a trap game to begin with.

The Psychology. Edge: Jaguars.
The Jaguars owe the Chiefs for knocking them out of the playoffs last year.

The Vegas. Edge: Jaguars.
I don't see why there wouldn't be equal action on this game. Both of these teams are coming off upsets against "superior" AFC West foes.
Percentage of money on Kansas City: 61% (8,000 bets)

The Trends. Edge: Chiefs.
Bye Bye: Jack Del Rio is 1-3 ATS off a bye.
Chiefs are 14-6 ATS in October since 2002.
Opening Line: Chiefs -4.5.
Opening Total: 34.5.
Weather: .

Fantasy Spin.
Start Em: Jaguars Defense, Tony Gonzalez.
Sit Em: Damon Huard, Larry Johnson.

Prediction: Jaguars 24, Chiefs 14
Jaguars -2 (1 Unit)
Over 36 (1 Unit)

HolmeZz
10-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Weren't the Jags already eliminated when we beat them to end last year?

And 4.4 yards a carry is hardly what I'd call 'pummeling'.

beach tribe
10-03-2007, 11:49 AM
shocker

ceebz
10-03-2007, 11:51 AM
The Chiefs are giving up 4.2/carry.

Prior to the Charger game, they were giving up 3.8/carry.

Extra Point
10-03-2007, 11:53 AM
I want Garrard to roll out, so Hali or Allen can roll him!

StcChief
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Keep making us the underdogs please Vegas

beach tribe
10-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Keep making us the underdogs please Vegas
yep ........I love it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-03-2007, 11:59 AM
They are what we thought they are!

ferrarispider95
10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Who in the f*ck is walter anyway?

DaFace
10-03-2007, 12:02 PM
This is retarded. Everyone knows that Herm can't make it through a game without kicking at least one field goal. :p

(Unless they're thinking that we're gonna kick four FG's and get a safety or something.)

Wile_E_Coyote
10-03-2007, 12:10 PM
So who is the kick off guy now? Maybe some short kick offs for Drummon :grovel:

Chief Faithful
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I feel sorry for every team the Chiefs beat this year because that means that team sucks. The writer of the posted article thinks SD sucks because they lost to the Chiefs and I read the same thing about the Vikings earlier from another writer.

I like the change instead of having a defense known as the 'Probowl makers' now the Chiefs are a team that makes other teams 'bottom feeders'.

bobbything
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
If this guy is going to say that the Jags run defense is an aberration because of their week 1 collapse, then he has to say the same about KC's run defense (4.4 ypc) with regards to the San Diego game.

Also, he's giving the Jags offense WAY too much credit. 24 points? In KC? Against, what appears to be, a stout defense.

Mmmmkay.

Edit: sit Huard and start Gonzalez. If Gonzalez is catching touchdowns, who's it going to be from?

Chief Faithful
10-03-2007, 12:25 PM
If this guy is going to say that the Jags run defense is an aberration because of their week 1 collapse, then he has to say the same about KC's run defense (4.4 ypc) with regards to the San Diego game.

Also, he's giving the Jags offense WAY too much credit. 24 points? In KC? Against, what appears to be, a stout defense.

Mmmmkay.

He is making perfect sense. What he is saying is the Jags don't suck and the Chiefs do. The rest is just filler.

Baby Lee
10-03-2007, 04:58 PM
The line is Chiefs +2.5
Paul Harris, a local radio guy in big derrty, just pointed out that in the entire history of the franchise, our rate for covering the spread at home is pretty darn good.

Any guesses?

99.5% - failed to cover at home 5 times in history.

This info has not been independently verified. But what the hey? Print Em.

teedubya
10-03-2007, 05:03 PM
excuse my ignorance.

What is ATS?

All Time ... ?

Chiefs Pantalones
10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Immortals. We'll put their name to the test.

Spott
10-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Weren't the Jags already eliminated when we beat them to end last year?

And 4.4 yards a carry is hardly what I'd call 'pummeling'.

They were eliminated when the Jets beat the Raiders. The score of the Jets/Raiders game was posted at Arrowhead during the game so the Jaguars knew that they were eliminated.

Smed1065
10-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Too bad he didn't pick 27-14.

OnTheWarpath15
10-03-2007, 05:45 PM
excuse my ignorance.

What is ATS?

All Time ... ?

Against.

The.

Spread.

veist
10-03-2007, 05:59 PM
So wait, from this guys site Career Against The Spread: 1,061-957-63 (52.6%)

Why is his prediction better than a coinflip?

Fairplay
10-03-2007, 06:10 PM
The Donks/Bolts game has sparked my interest this week.

I hope the Bolts finally get their act together. This game anyway. :evil: