PDA

View Full Version : Random Postings from a Jags Message Board...

Deberg_1990
10-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Pretty funny stuff. You have to love the message board community. All fans are the same...

http://mb.jaguars.com/Forum6-1.aspx

"The Jaguars are the least favorite team in the NFL. How did that happen?? "

""We Should've Drafted Winston Justice"

"Jags 27

Cheifs 10

KC does not have the talent we do on defense"

"The Jags can't lose this game.

The Chiefs won't be able to pass. Put a corner on Gonzalez and let Mathis shut down Bowe.. they have noone else to throw to. Then all ya gotta do is focus on the run.

Establishing the run and stopping the run will be the key to winning this weeks game.

Dam... I could coach."

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 07:43 AM
Lets flood their board.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Lets flood their board.
lets act like Jags fans and start Mecca-ing their ass.

"Chiefs D-line is WAY better than ours".

HypnotizedMonkey
10-04-2007, 07:55 AM
The Chiefs won't be able to pass. Put a corner on Gonzalez and let Mathis shut down Bowe.. they have noone else to throw to. Then all ya gotta do is focus on the run.

Establishing the run and stopping the run will be the key to winning this weeks game.

Dam... I could coach."

I especially like this part. lol

kepp
10-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Brilliant! Single coverage has always been Gonzales' achilles heel.

boogblaster
10-04-2007, 08:03 AM
Damn I should eat crotch ... Junglekitties will go down on a guy ...

StcChief
10-04-2007, 08:03 AM
These guys might as well leave the TV off... They won't know what hit 'em.

Rain Man
10-04-2007, 08:04 AM
On page 2, someone has a thread complaining about how Dwayne Bowe is so good while their #1 picks on WRs have been bad.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
On page 2, someone has a thread complaining about how Dwayne Bowe is so good while their #1 picks on WRs have been bad.
Yea, I think we hit the Jackpot, but what do they expect when they pick a QB that high to play WR. They should have never drank the Matt Jones cool aid.

bobbything
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I've been lurking on Jags message boards and reading random game analysis from various places, and the one consistent thing I've seen is that everyone seems to think that the Jags will hang (at least) 24 points on the Chiefs.

On what grounds do they come up with this? I figured, if any team would do so, it would have been the Chargers in San Diego. But, honestly, does anyone see the 29th ranked team in points scored racking up 24+ points in Arrowhead against the #10 ranked team in points allowed?

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:15 AM
I've been lurking on Jags message boards and reading random game analysis from various places, and the one consistent thing I've seen is that everyone seems to think that the Jags will hang (at least) 24 points on the Chiefs.

On what grounds do they come up with this? I figured, if any team would do so, it would have been the Chargers in San Diego. But, honestly, does anyone see the 29th ranked team in points scored racking up 24+ points in Arrowhead against the #10 ranked team in points allowed?
:whackit: no way.

Dr. Van Halen
10-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Let's not get carried away with the stats. The Chiefs have a lot of problems this year.

I mean, eff the effing Jags and all, but let's not pretend we're the '72 Dolphins all of a sudden.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:19 AM
Let's not get carried away with the stats. The Chiefs have a lot of problems this year.

I mean, eff the effing Jags and all, but let's not pretend we're the '72 Dolphins all of a sudden.
Jags are going to be VERY tough, but their O will never hang 24 on us in Arrowhead.

LOCOChief
10-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Brilliant! Single coverage has always been Gonzales' achilles heel.
ROFL

Dr. Van Halen
10-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Jags are going to be VERY tough, but their O will never hang 24 on us in Arrowhead.

Never? I don't think we have been consistent enough yet to guarantee anything. I wouldn't be shocked to see a collapse from this team any week.

Dr. Johnny Fever
10-04-2007, 08:21 AM
Boy I do hope they put a single corner on Gonzo. That's gonna work out great.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2007, 08:21 AM

I guess they dont realize how longs its been since the Chiefs drafted and developed a good WR. By my count, the last good one was Stephon Paige.

Dartgod
10-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Another gem...
All i want is a win...I don't care what the circumstances are. Can we just win? I still think our Offense explodes on Sunday, 41 points. i just wonder if the Defense will show up or will Lj run WIld.

ROFL

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Never? I don't think we have been consistent enough yet to guarantee anything. I wouldn't be shocked to see a collapse from this team any week.
Its pretty early, and we have not seen the mobile qb this year. Could be a test. I think their up for it this week, well see.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2007, 08:29 AM

They scored 30 last year at Arrowhead.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Excellent point. I will proceed to STFU

donkhater
10-04-2007, 08:32 AM
The only real problem the Jags throw at us on offense is the ability of their QB to scramble, pickup first downs and extend drives. They are not what I would call an explosive team, but 3rd down plays will be interesting this week. Got to contain Gerrard in the pocket. A big week for the DT's to keep contain in the middle when he steps up in the pocket. If they can do that, KC has a great chance to win IMO.

Deberg_1990
10-04-2007, 08:39 AM

true. that was with their 3rd string guy too wasnt it??

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:40 AM
true. that was with their 3rd string guy too wasnt it??
Yes...pulling the steve young escape act on us.

bobbything
10-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Zero touchdowns allowed in the 2nd half this year. And only 3 points allowed in the 2nd half in all 4 games. That's pretty consistent.

I'm not making any W-L predictions, but the Jags offense isn't exactly "explosive." I don't see 24 points being scored by either team on Saturday.

bobbything
10-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Yes, but, just by watching the 07 defense and the 06, there is a huge difference. Namely, this defense is more confident. Last year I didn't really see as much of that confidence.

I think this years defense, so far, is better than last years defense at the time we played the Jags.

Dr. Van Halen
10-04-2007, 08:45 AM
Zero touchdowns allowed in the 2nd half this year. And only 3 points allowed in the 2nd half in all 4 games. That's pretty consistent.

I'm not making any W-L predictions, but the Jags offense isn't exactly "explosive." I don't see 24 points being scored by either team on Saturday.

True, but our second half record is an odd kind of consistancy. (Why not that kind of play in the first half, etc.?) I'd like to see a complete game. 24 points could happen. 41 points is laughable.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 08:50 AM
We'll see Chefss.

Jag fans seem to be looking past the Chiefs.. I think it will be closer than many think.

Somebody called our running game weak.. Bwahah.. We were second in the league in rushing last year.. 2nd only to Vick and the Falcons..

Teams are loading the box so we pass the ball.. Garrard has a QB rating of 100+ on every game this year.. He has proven he can pass the ball effectively.

We won't cover a TE with a CB.. C'mon guys.. You're probably quoting a 12 year old on our board. Be serious.

Gonzalez will catch some balls - no doubt. But, we run a Cover 2 base D.. He'll have to split our safeties or catch underneath. Also, beating our LBs isn't easy, they're quite fast.

This is the first game where we field a healthy defense (even though we're still missing our starting SS).. So watch out.. We're no slouch on defense. We were 2nd overall in the league last year.

Don't look past our offense, either. We could have easily put up 30 on Denver.. We fumbled at the goal line and were penalized on the one yard-line two times on two different drives.. Resulting in 2 FGs..

See you Sunday.. Look for Big John Henderson.. #98.. He is a measly 6-7 335 lbs.. He eats babies for breakfast..

Chiefnj2
10-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes, but, just by watching the 07 defense and the 06, there is a huge difference. Namely, this defense is more confident. Last year I didn't really see as much of that confidence.

I think this years defense, so far, is better than last years defense at the time we played the Jags.

The big difference with the defense is the turnovers. They are doing a great job on turnovers.

I don't think they are playing the run very well, and they've gotten very lucky on several long balls.

I think the key for the Jags is getting Drew-Jones into the game. He's been very quiet all year.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 08:56 AM
We'll see Chefss.

Jag fans seem to be looking past the Chiefs.. I think it will be closer than many think.

Somebody called our running game weak.. Bwahah.. We were second in the league in rushing last year.. 2nd only to Vick and the Falcons..

Teams are loading the box so we pass the ball.. Garrard has a QB rating of 100+ on every game this year.. He has proven he can pass the ball effectively.

We won't cover a TE with a CB.. C'mon guys.. You're probably quoting a 12 year old on our board. Be serious.

Gonzalez will catch some balls - no doubt. But, we run a Cover 2 base D.. He'll have to split our safeties or catch underneath. Also, beating our LBs isn't easy, they're quite fast.

This is the first game where we field a healthy defense (even though we're still missing our starting SS).. So watch out.. We're no slouch on defense. We were 2nd overall in the league last year.

Don't look past our offense, either. We could have easily put up 30 on Denver.. We fumbled at the goal line and were penalized on the one yard-line two times on two different drives.. Resulting in 2 FGs..

See you Sunday.. Look for Big John Henderson.. #98.. He is a measly 6-7 335 lbs.. He eats babies for breakfast..
I really wish we would have drafted that bastard. He is a beast.

Look for Bowe this week. Hes no Matt Jones :) , but hes petty good.

Lzen
10-04-2007, 08:57 AM

Good point. But do you not think that the Chiefs improved the defensive talent this year?

TEX
The only real problem the Jags throw at us on offense is the ability of their QB to scramble, pickup first downs and extend drives. They are not what I would call an explosive team, but 3rd down plays will be interesting this week. Got to contain Gerrard in the pocket. A big week for the DT's to keep contain in the middle when he steps up in the pocket. If they can do that, KC has a great chance to win IMO.

:clap:

beach tribe
Good point. But do you not think that the Chiefs improved the defensive talent this year?
In a word....Yes.

InChiefsHeaven
We'll see Chefss.

Likewise, don't look past our D. Add to that Arrowhead, and the Jags are in for one hard ass fight this weekend.

I personally look for LJ to have a big day. With Eddie Kennison back and the already potent tandem of Gonzo and Bowe, we are much more able to spread the ball around through the air, which should free up LJ.

Did I mention it was at Arrowhead? We play very very well at home...

...see ya Sunday.

ceebz
10-04-2007, 08:59 AM
The thing with the Chiefs run defense is, they play straight cover 2 in the first half. You only see them put that 8th man into the box on obvious running downs.

After halftime, the Chiefs adjust and then feel confident about putting 8 in the box, which is why their run defense drastically improves.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2007, 09:00 AM

Talent on paper has improved, but not necessarily the play. They haven't been solid against the run and the safeties are biting on lots of play action. Norv is an absolute idiot for abandoning LT and Rivers was Grossmanesque in his performance.

I give Gun a lot of credit for his second half adjustments, and the team is doing a fantastic job on turnovers.

I don't think Jax is in a great position to take advantage of KC, but I'm not sold on KC's defense yet.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Talent on paper has improved, but not necessarily the play. They haven't been solid against the run and the safeties are biting on lots of play action. Norv is an absolute idiot for abandoning LT and Rivers was Grossmanesque in his performance.

I give Gun a lot of credit for his second half adjustments, and the team is doing a fantastic job on turnovers.

I don't think Jax is in a great position to take advantage of KC, but I'm not sold on KC's defense yet.
Im not sure , but i believe you predicted us to go 4-12.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I think the key to the game is gonna be points. Whoever has the most points at the end of the fourth quarter will have the best chance of winning. I predict the chiefs with 3 fg and two TD for a 23-21 win.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:16 AM
I think the key to the game is gonna be points. Whoever has the most points at the end of the fourth quarter will have the best chance of winning. I predict the chiefs with 3 fg and two TD for a 23-21 win.

Forget points.. I say we let Del Rio and Herm duke it out at the 50..

That would be a good fight..

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 09:18 AM

That would be a good fight..
Ill go with the game, Del Rio would kick Herms ass. Hes about 20yrs younger, and 75 lbs heavier.

Chiefnj2
10-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Im not sure , but i believe you predicted us to go 4-12.
If the poll was before LJ signed and Croyle was the QB, I probably predicted 4 or 5 wins.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 09:23 AM
If the poll was before LJ signed and Croyle was the QB, I probably predicted 4 or 5 wins.
cool.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
To everybody talking about Arrowhead this and that..

You're talking about a team that won in Green Bay in December.
A team that won in Mile High two weeks ago.
A team that has won in Indy.. and ALWAYS competes in Indy.

We're not afraid of the road.. We're built to win on the road.. Run the ball.. Stop the run.. Punch you in the mouth and feed your children to Big John Henderson.

Simply Red
10-04-2007, 09:33 AM
*Crickets*

bobbything
10-04-2007, 09:41 AM

We're not afraid of the road.. We're built to win on the road.. Run the ball.. Stop the run.. Punch you in the mouth and feed your children to Big John Henderson.
Just FYI, the Chiefs hold the best home record in the NFL since 1990.

I've been to Denver. Not the same atmosphere. I'm just sayin'...

Skip Towne
10-04-2007, 09:44 AM

How did that work out for you last year at Arrowhead?

MahiMike
10-04-2007, 09:45 AM
The Jags board has the dumbest fans imaginable. I never even go there anymore. That's why I'm here. Lot of homers here but intelliegent ones...)

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:49 AM

Does Arrowhead have green grass and two FG posts?...

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:50 AM

Then lets play football... ;)

Scaga
10-04-2007, 09:51 AM
The Jags board has the dumbest fans imaginable. I never even go there anymore. That's why I'm here. Lot of homers here but intelliegent ones...)

Take that back rochambeau

LMAO

J Diddy
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM

yep and 75000+ screaming fans who really, really enjoy getting after opposing offenses

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:53 AM
How did that work out for you last year at Arrowhead?

You're right. But, my point is still valid.

It isn't like we got our butts kicked.. Nice job on the punt block.. That helped yall a lot.

It will be a good game. I'm not saying the Jags are going to win. At the same time don't count them out because it is Arrowhead.

InChiefsHeaven
10-04-2007, 09:54 AM

Then lets play football... ;)

Green grass, two FG posts, a roaring crowd unlike any other in the NFL, and our mascot can kick your mascots ASS!!

PWND!!

:p

Actually, it will be close. Jax tends to play us tough no matter what, and I think in the history of the franchises, you guys have owned us in win\loss record...

...but change is in the wind!

pikesome

If there's one team that gets to claim a home field advantage it's us. That said this game is hard to call. If the week 1 Jags and the week 4 Chiefs show up it's going to be bar-b-q cat for lunch. If the week 3 Jags and the week 1 Chiefs play it will be a far different result.

6-7 335

Its filled with homers and a lot of Arkansas fans that are really just Matt Jones fans..

There is intelligence.. hidden at times, but it is there.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 09:57 AM
If there's one team that gets to claim a home field advantage it's us. That said this game is hard to call. If the week 1 Jags and the week 4 Chiefs show up it's going to be bar-b-q cat for lunch. If the week 3 Jags and the week 1 Chiefs play it will be a far different result.

If I can guarantee one thing.. It will be that there will be no 'BBE cat for lunch'..

BTW Did indians eat that kind of stuff?

This game will be close. The best 4th quarter team takes this one. The crowd will definately help yall..

Close game barring special teams melt down on either side. Team with fewer mistakes wins.

I'm worried about our rookie safety, though. We can't give away big plays in the passing game.

Brock
10-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Ill go with the game, Del Rio would kick Herms ass. Hes about 20yrs younger, and 75 lbs heavier.

Del Rio likes beating up senior citizens.

Adept Havelock
10-04-2007, 10:05 AM

Dunno. I've never seen Feline Korma on the menu anywhere. :shrug:

Del Rio likes beating up senior citizens.

And spitting on babies. Don't forget about that.

ferrarispider95
10-04-2007, 10:05 AM
yep and 75000+ screaming fans who really, really enjoy getting after opposing offenses

Actually a sell out is 79,000+

ferrarispider95
10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
I think it is a pretty even matchup, but with Jacksonville having a better mobile qb and KC having an excellent home field advantage.

Jaguars Dline has had a couple players coming off surgeries and Big John I don't think has been 100%.

My biggest fear is from their qb from scrambling and making long runs when we need a stop. We need a push from the middle to contain the pocket.

Reaper16
10-04-2007, 10:11 AM
If I can guarantee one thing.. It will be that there will be no 'BBE cat for lunch'..

Depends on what kind of indain you're talking about. Mexican indians invented barbecue.

ferrarispider95
10-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Anyone know how their oline is?

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Anyone know how their oline is?
Huge. Power running oline.

But, our center is out right now.. Our LT has an ankle problem.. So we might be hurting pretty bad against you guys.

bobbything
10-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Yes, but that's not the reason Arrowhead still has the best home record in the NFL. You can't side-step the advantage that we have here. Having been to three other NFL stadiums (Denver, Dallas, and St. Louis), I will say that Arrowhead is significantly more intimidating than either of those.

I can't speak for Indy or Green Bay. But, the home record doesn't lie.

ferrarispider95
10-04-2007, 10:16 AM
LT? ankle problem? Don't worry we only have Jared Allen on that side.

suds79
10-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Ah all this trash talk is getting me pumped for the game.

Here are some things I'll be looking for.

I really hope we air it out much more than run it. If there's one thing that Jags fan is right about, you don't want to run it up the middle. That just won't work.

So hopefully we'll some LJ off tackle or pitches... Make those fatties run. It beats running right at them.

I honestly feel that with Gonzalez & Bowe, the jags will not be able to cover them. I'm not saying we're going to hang 40 on them or anything like that, but I expect big plays out of those guys on Sunday.

And I think they're underestimating our defense. They have a very mobile QB (who can pass) and they like to run the ball. Well hopefully they'll see a lot of what LJ has seen this year.... A bunch of 8 & 9 man fronts.

Gerrard might be able to pass but their WRs don't scare anybody.

It should be good.

I'm giving the Chiefs the edge because it's at home. 21-20 in a nailbiter.

sedated
10-04-2007, 10:44 AM
there are suddenly a lot of cocky Chiefs fans, considering for the first 3 weeks and the entire preseason Chiefs Nation was overrun with doom and gloom.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Here's a stat for you I saw on NFL network last night, I'm presuming its true.

Damon Huard 7-0 at home.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 10:50 AM
there are suddenly a lot of cocky Chiefs fans, considering for the first 3 weeks and the entire preseason Chiefs Nation was overrun with doom and gloom.
Not from me.

pikesome
10-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Don't worry, we're only one crushing loss away from gloom and doom again. This is when the Chiefs are the most frustrating, they are, almost a really good team, maybe, but then not.

suds79
10-04-2007, 10:53 AM

It's not like we're playing the Colts or Patriots here. :)

I just think we'll beat the Jags at home.

donkhater
10-04-2007, 10:55 AM
Arrowhead is an advantage no doubt. Is it because of the fans? Partly. But ANYONE who has watched KC play the last two seasons (hell, maybe the last decade or so) knows that this team is radically different at home. The offense is more aggressive and the defense has the crowd noise on it's side. They look like a freakin' high school team on the road by comparision.

Last week was the first week in a LONG, LONG time that I was impressed with how this team played on the road.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
sasquatch

Gravedigger
10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Jaguars are gonna be exactly like the Minnesota game a TON of defense and pretty much NO offense.

L.A. Chieffan
10-04-2007, 11:39 AM
Huge. Power running oline.

But, our center is out right now.. Our LT has an ankle problem.. So we might be hurting pretty bad against you guys.
Ur a fat ass dude.

Rausch
10-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Don't worry, we're only one crushing loss away from gloom and doom again. This is when the Chiefs are the most frustrating, they are, almost a really good team, maybe, but then not.

To me the frustration came when after being eliminated from the playoffs we'd go off on a 3 game win streak.

We were the best team in the league once it didn't matter... :banghead:

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 11:43 AM
To me the frustration came when after being eliminated from the playoffs we'd go off on a 3 game win streak.

We were the best team in the league once it didn't matter... :banghead:
That sucks.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Jaguars are gonna be exactly like the Minnesota game a TON of defense and pretty much NO offense.
I think Jax, and Minny are comparable teams, when Tarvaris plays.

MahiMike
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM

Man, u don't know this team do u?

Iowanian
10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
....and you're speaking from a parking cone of a team that had the Chiefs collective foot kicked into their arse last Winter, KO'ing you from the playoffs.

Bring ice packs this sunday.

Calcountry
10-04-2007, 12:36 PM
On page 2, someone has a thread complaining about how Dwayne Bowe is so good while their #1 picks on WRs have been bad.Did any of these fools try to address how they are going to deal with our edge rush at Arrowhead? I mean, the tackles aren't going to be hearing the snap count.

BigRedChief
10-04-2007, 01:14 PM
....and you're speaking from a parking cone of a team that had the Chiefs collective foot kicked into their arse last Winter, KO'ing you from the playoffs.

Yeah wins at Indy and Denver are good wins thats for sure. But........that board is nuts. They think they are going to just show up and get the win.

Calcountry
10-04-2007, 01:22 PM

That would be a good fight..As long as Del Rio doesn't bring his axe.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Ur a fat ass dude.

You'll know who is 6'7'' 335 lbs after the game.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 01:58 PM
I think Jax, and Minny are comparable teams, when Tarvaris plays.

No way. Garrard has far more experience and is a lot better passer.. but not as fast.

You'll see. :)

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 01:59 PM
No way. Garrard has far more experience and is a lot better passer.. but not as fast.

You'll see. :)
Minnys run D is better, and their RB is better. FACT.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 02:00 PM

We were eliminated before we played you guys. :rolleyes:

It was 35-30.. Yall blocked a punt and got a TD off it IIRC..

I wouldn't call that whatever you just explained it as.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 02:02 PM
Minnys run D is better, and their RB is better. FACT.

We're not a big drop off at all.

We were 2nd in overall D last year.. Run, pass?.. Take your pick.

Fred T still has some in the tank. FACT. MJD has to get in his groove.
I CANT WAIT TIL SUNDAY!!

Simply Red
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM

I CANT WAIT TIL SUNDAY!!
Win or lose. You'll show back up though correct?

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 02:05 PM

I CANT WAIT TIL SUNDAY!!
Will you show up here if your team loses?

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 02:05 PM
Win or lose. You'll show back up though correct?

Yes, sir.

Did I predict a win, though?

I'm just here to show you guys the other side of the game.

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Plus, I enjoy this place.. There are some looneys.. but there are some knowledgable fans here as well.

You can tell there is a lot of passion for Chiefs football.

Direckshun
10-04-2007, 02:07 PM
The Jags have the best secondary we've faced all year, the best QB we've faced all year, and the best running attack we've faced all year.

This is a damn good team we're playing. It's going to be tight.

Simply Red
10-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Fair enough.

Simply Red
10-04-2007, 02:09 PM
The Jags have the best secondary we've faced all year, the best QB we've faced all year, and the best running attack we've faced all year.

No question. Never personally said any different.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 02:10 PM

I CANT WAIT TIL SUNDAY!!
We were the number 1 offense in 05. Last year dont mean shit.

I give you guys respect I think your tough, but stop throwing last year at me. This is the NFL things change year to year. You guys had a great running game last year too. which kept your D off the field which will quickly move you up the D charts.

The Chiefs sputtered early offensively, led the league in three and outs, and are still 3rd. Sunday cant come soon enough.

The Bad Guy
10-04-2007, 02:19 PM

I can't figure out if you are joking or not.

The Jaguars rushing attack, while good last year, isn't comparable to San Diego's.

David Garrard, while mobile, isn't better than Phillip Rivers in SD.

Secondary? The Bears have a pretty good one.

I understand kissing the opposing team's ass on this message board because of bad karma, but this is ridiculous.

beach tribe
10-04-2007, 02:20 PM

The Jaguars rushing attack, while good last year, isn't comparable to San Diego's.

I understand kissing the opposing team's ass on this message board because of bad karma, but this is ridiculous.
All strong arguments.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-04-2007, 02:24 PM

I'll agree with most of your statement, except the Garrard/Rivers point.

Mechanics-wise, I think Rivers is probably a better QB . . .

. . . however, Rivers is a messed-up QB right now. His confidence is shot and he's pressing trying to get things going. Garrard has him beat six ways to Sunday on confidence right now and a confident QB will find a way to make plays.

I feel better about our chances Sunday, but there are still things about the team that worry me (QB, RT, KR, CB - OC, STC, HC, GM).

But, time will tell.

bobbything
10-04-2007, 02:29 PM
This game is going to be tough. I don't see either team cracking more than 20 points. It'll be 20-17 either way.

I like the Chiefs chances just because it's at home. Our defense has looked very good basically because of Ron Edwards, Boone, and the rotation of Tyler and McBride. If that continues, I see a few more turnovers; which will be the deciding factor in this game, IMO.

And I don't believe Del Rio is dumb enough to put a corner on Gonzalez; single covering no less. Our passing game has looked to be our strength when in rhythm. If we pick up from last week, it will do some damage. Big "if" though...

beer bacon
10-04-2007, 02:30 PM

You are still quite under .500 on the road since Del Rio became the HC.

donkhater
10-04-2007, 02:37 PM
KC can move the ball on Jacksonville if they've learned anything in the last few weeks. Jacksonville isn't considerably better than Chicago or Minnesota on defense and if Herm and Solari had the SD game plan against those two teams, the outcome may have been different.

Defensively, I'll say it again. The only thing that keeps Jacksonville in this game is Gerrard's ability to convert 3rd downs. Containment in the pocket is key. If Gerrard beats us with the pass, so be it. KC cannot allow them to hold the ball for 38 minutes like they did to Denver.

Frazod
10-04-2007, 02:39 PM
Was Garrard the starter last year? I don't remember.

Visiting QBs rarely win their first game at Arrowhead.

tk13
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Was Garrard the starter last year? I don't remember.

Visiting QBs rarely win their first game at Arrowhead.
Yes, but he was benched for Quinn Gray in the 2nd half... and Gray ran wild on us and got them back in the game, before we put it away.

Silock
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
To me, this game is a toss-up. The only reason I see the Chiefs being able to win is that it's at home. These teams are almost mirror images of each other.

Weigmann is going to struggle against the Jags' D-line. He'll have to have help. I don't see a between the tackles running game ever developing in the first half.

It's going to have to be our passing attack that helps us out. With Kennison, Gonzalez and Bowe, we have some threats, but I think they'll be able to get pressure with their front four, making things significantly harder in the passing game. I think Huard will throw a couple of INTs.

Their mobile QB is a concern, as is their running game. Still, the Chiefs D has been playing better, and we have been getting penetration up the middle with only 4 rushers.

Gravedigger
10-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Man, u don't know this team do u?

OK I will say that Gerard is better than Holcomb but I'm not gonna give him that much koodos besides he can scramble better and has a stronger arm that doesnt equate to a better QB, Gerard still makes mistakes. PLUS he has a worse WR core than ours, it's been awhile since I've been able to say our WR is good, it's gonna be all rushing right at us which we rank better in rush defense than Jacksonville does so I'm saying LJ does better rushing, for once, than the other back this season.

BigRedChief
10-04-2007, 03:07 PM
To me, this game is a toss-up. The only reason I see the Chiefs being able to win is that it's at home. These teams are almost mirror images of each other.
I agree. I think we will win but only because its here at Arrowhead. If its at the Jags, I think they win.

Garrard will make some plays. Their RB's will make some plays. Bowe, Tony G and LJ will make some plays. Should be a good game.

Direckshun
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM

I stand corrected on the Jags' running attack. SD's was better.

Rivers is vastly overrated and every time they lose it's because his head lodges up his own ass, not to mention mobile QBs are ****ing difficult to play, and the Bears had one player in their secondary that could ever make a Pro Bowl and he was out for the season by the time we played them.

This is going to be an incredibly tough game.

The Bad Guy
10-04-2007, 03:52 PM
I stand corrected on the Jags' running attack. SD's was better.

Rivers is vastly overrated and every time they lose it's because his head lodges up his own ass, not to mention mobile QBs are ****ing difficult to play, and the Bears had one player in their secondary that could ever make a Pro Bowl and he was out for the season by the time we played them.

This is going to be an incredibly tough game.

I'm not using the Pro Bowl to determine how good players are.

Tillman and Vasher are very, very good corners. The Bears front four is very, very good. The linebackers were very good.

The Jaguars D can't hold a candle to the Bears when they are healthy.

Rivers went into GB the week before last and had a pretty good game.

What has Garrard done to warrant any praise?

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 06:43 PM

Tillman and Vasher are very, very good corners. The Bears front four is very, very good. The linebackers were very good.

List the top 3 defenses last year.
We have the same personel minus Deon Grant.

Can't hold a candle? LOL.. please.

Spott
10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Damn, we just had to go get a Jag fan to post on here. Not like I don't get enough of them on an everyday basis living down here.

:cuss:

6-7 335
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn, we just had to go get a Jag fan to post on here. Not like I don't get enough of them on an everyday basis living down here.

:cuss:

And on the Jags MB.. traitor.. ;)

EyePod
10-04-2007, 07:26 PM

CMP 48
ATT 75
YDS 630
CMP% 64.0
YPA 8.40
LNG 47
TD 3
INT 0
SACK 10
RAT 103.8

I'd say that warrants some praise. He has played very safely (0 int) and has still produced. Huard has 1 more TD, but 5 more INT's, and he's only been sacked 9 times.

Bob Dole
10-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Maybe KC can actually play 4 quarters of quality football.

If they can manage to avoid the schizo performance we've seen the past 2 weeks, they should come away with a win.

Spott
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
And on the Jags MB.. traitor.. ;)

Yeah, I'm a double traitor. ;)

Easy 6
10-04-2007, 08:07 PM
Go ahead...PUT a corner on Gonzo...... :Bartee:

plbrdude
10-04-2007, 08:16 PM
List the top 3 defenses last year.
We have the same personel minus Deon Grant.

Can't hold a candle? LOL.. please.

last year was last year.

FRCDFED
10-04-2007, 08:33 PM
We will win.........that is all.