PDA

View Full Version : Sportscasting's Newest Blunder: the Momentum Meter

Direckshun
10-04-2007, 05:29 PM
What the spoon-****ing jesus is this (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20071007012) supposed to be?

"Why, that looks like Fox Sports' Game Tracker of the Chiefs game."

Not that, tool. What the **** is that thing in the upper right hand corner?

A "MOMENTUM METER"!? Are you KIDDING me!?

So desperate to add complications into an already fairly complicated sports, Fox Sports has invented a contraption that is supposed to indicate which team has the upper hand in momentum at any given time. It swings to the left, it swings to the right, like the gay cousin of the metronome. So... if you couldn't figure out that, let's say, a team's momentum tends to rise after scoring or forcing a turnover OR ANY BIG PLAY PERIOD, Fox Sports gives you a foolish little visual device to describe to you anything you could discern from watching the game or READING A GOD DAMNED STAT SHEET.

This is the type of ridiculousness that goes beyond football. I can't do this. I can't live in a world where something this stupid exists. We can't just keep inventing things simply because we CAN. There needs to be PURPOSE in life. There needs to be DIRECTION and COHERENCY. We can't just live in this perpetual state of unnecessary redundancy simply because we're so bereft of original ideas we have to fake them.

Somebody talk me down. I'm on the ledge. I'm ready to jump. Let the pavement swallow me up and end this cruel existence.

KC Dan
10-04-2007, 05:31 PM
What the spoon-****ing jesus is this (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/gameTrax?gameId=20071007012) supposed to be?

Somebody talk me down. I'm on the ledge. I'm ready to jump. Let the pavement swallow me up and end this cruel existence.
Buh-bye!

Adept Havelock
10-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Buh-bye!

ROFL

You are all heart, KC Dan.

Basileus777
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
I wonder if they stole this idea from EA's NCAA football? How lame...

KC Dan
10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
ROFL

You are all heart, KC Dan.
I'm a big proponent for Natural Selection and don't want to interfere. hehe

KcMizzou
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
I wonder if they stole this idea from EA's NCAA football? How lame...That was my first thought as well.

Bob Dole
10-04-2007, 05:40 PM
At least we're not starting 25% below the midpoint.

Direckshun
10-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Seriously, I have this open in the other window. I'm just staring at it. My rage boils inside.

Look at it. The game doesn't start for another 3 days and it sits there, quivering back and forth. Like at 6:45pm on a Thursday, the momentum could shift any second.

This is like an idea the coyote would come up with in the road runner cartoons. This is one of those devices that we believe, initially, may help, but will ultimately blow up in our faces, charring our skin to the blackest possible hue.

KC Dan
10-04-2007, 05:45 PM
Seriously, I have this open in the other window. I'm just staring at it. My rage boils inside.

Look at it. The game doesn't start for another 3 days and it sits there, quivering back and forth. Like at 6:45pm on a Thursday, the momentum could shift any second.

This is like an idea the coyote would come up with in the road runner cartoons. This is one of those devices that we believe, initially, may help, but will ultimately blow up in our faces, charring our skin to the blackest possible hue.
Direck - one word -> Pron

It can take your mind and cure your ails..

Skip Towne
10-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Are you also against instant replay and the yellow first down line? You must be old and set in your ways. Us young guys like new stuff.

Direckshun
10-04-2007, 05:47 PM
Direck - one word -> Pron

It can take your mind and cure your ails..
Which brings me to another point. This arrow is curiously shaped like a phallis.

Like the precious Momentum Meter has a raging hardon for a Sunday afternoon football game. Jesus.

KC Dan
10-04-2007, 05:52 PM
Which brings me to another point. This arrow is curiously shaped like a phallis.

Like the precious Momentum Meter has a raging hardon for a Sunday afternoon football game. Jesus.
LMAO ROFL

Mr. Laz
10-04-2007, 05:55 PM
i think the momentum meter just moved when i voted for the Chiefs.

maybe it's showing the voter "trend"

Rain Man
10-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Sounds like somebody's personal momentum meter is running in the red.

dj56dt58
10-04-2007, 09:32 PM

ROFL i just pissed myself ROFL

Well, you know they will keep that momentum meter on Jaqs side for the majority of the game.

Boon
Before long the screen will be so filled with scores, tickers, momentum meters, logos, etc. you won't be able to see the game. Wake up networks dickheads. Concentrate on your talking head idiots and clear the screen so I can see the game!!!!

mcan
10-05-2007, 01:41 AM

You know, this world isn't so great that you have to stay here and suffer through it...

(I used to work at a suicide prevention hotline... My advice was a bit left of center.)

NY CHIEF
10-05-2007, 08:00 AM
Well i guess denvers meter is swinging low with the henry news today ROFL

Psyko Tek
10-05-2007, 08:47 AM

but 5 minutes later I got a tired forearm and a mess to clean up

and the meter is still there

Direckshun
10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
but 5 minutes later I got a tired forearm and a mess to clean up

and the meter is still there
I believe the meter will always be there.

This is Pandora's Box. You cannot bring something like this into the world and expect to just take it back out. We will all need to sacrifice a piece of ourselves to rid ourselves of it.

Direckshun
10-06-2007, 01:13 PM
wtf

whoman69
10-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Media, especially sports media, has to continually prove that it sets the tone for how everything is supposed to be. ESPN spent all summer trying to answer the question of who was the hottest (most overhyped) person in sports. Does it get any more lame? This may not be more lame, but leave to Fox to be on the right track.

runnercyclist
10-06-2007, 03:19 PM
And while we're asking WTF, WTF is up with that 9' lead-off graphic on the TBS baseball telecasts? What a worthless POS.