PDA

View Full Version : LJ has all ten Friends seasons on DVD

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork.com/2007/10/lj-has-all-ten-friends-seasons-on-dvd.html

KANSAS CITY, MO -- Wide receiver Dwayne Bowe of the Kansas City Chiefs was surprised to notice a DVD collection that includes all ten seasons of Friends when he visited running back Larry Johnson's house.

"There they were – all there, all ten seasons, right between Scarface and Goodfellas," Bowe said. "It's hard to miss ... The thing takes up like two feet. Friends was pretty unbelievably prolific."

According to Bowe, LJ initially claimed that the DVDs actually belong to his girlfriend, Julissa Bermudez. "But he told me that she had been on the road for the past few weeks, and when he opened the DVD player, season three was in there. You know, when Ross and Rachel are getting together. Or are they breaking up? Anyway, season three, disc two."

LJ, when prodded by Bowe, reluctantly admitted that indeed the DVDs were his, and then proceeded to give the rookie wideout a detailed analysis of why Friends is funny. Johnson later recounted what he calls "The Ross Theory" for SSNN.

"See, Ross is kind of the odd man out," LJ said. "You have the three hot chicks. You have Chandler and Joey – everyone loves them. And then you have Ross. The black sheep. The butt of all the jokes. But Ross is the straw that stirs the drink, man. If you look at that show, a lot of that stuff wouldn't be funny without Ross. He's the straightman, and that ain't easy. David Schwimmer is an inspiration to me."

Bowe "really started to get the willies" when LJ compared himself (favorably) to Ross Geller. "I see myself as sort of the Ross of the Chiefs," LJ said. "A lot of people don't think I'm that funny, that I'm just kind of there. I've even heard people say that my success is based on the system. Not true – I'm at least as talented as David Schwimmer, and neither one of us are system backs, if you know what I'm saying."

Bowe said he and LJ proceeded to watch three episodes of the show before they fell asleep on the couch.

HMc
10-05-2007, 06:52 AM
no wonder he's so ****en angry, i used to find that shit excruciating.

KurtCobain
10-05-2007, 06:53 AM
damnit

ChiefsGirl
10-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Is this from The Onion?

ChiefGator
10-05-2007, 06:58 AM
I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread... :: sigh ::

Otter
10-05-2007, 07:01 AM
no wonder he's so ****en angry, i used to find that shit excruciating.

Nothing with Jennifer Anostine is excruciating.

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Nothing with Jennifer Anostine is excruciating.
True. They ALWAYS find a way to get her in a cold room... and she could poke your eyes out through a freakin' sweater!!!

:drool:

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Ohhh...LJ...damn...

Should i laugh or cry???

Rooster
10-05-2007, 07:17 AM
Do you know how I know you're ghey LJ?

KcMizzou
10-05-2007, 07:27 AM
LMAO

LJ's gonna kill Bowe.

(Gotta be parody)

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 07:31 AM
...then they watched 3 episodes before falling asleep on the couch...

...Brokeback Chiefs... :banghead:

sedated
10-05-2007, 07:34 AM
that's f*ckin hilarious

Pushead2
10-05-2007, 07:48 AM

:shake:

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Which one is Jake Gyllenhaal's character?

Splat420
10-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Is this really news?

HemiEd
10-05-2007, 08:24 AM

ROFL

Psyko Tek
10-05-2007, 08:44 AM
somebody gett Jared Allen some beers
he needs to take these two to a strip club and a bar fight or something

Scorp
10-05-2007, 08:45 AM
**Gangsta**

Frazod
10-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I'll take Shit I Really Wish I Didn't Know for $1,000, Alex.

:spock:

Chief Chief
10-05-2007, 08:52 AM
[url]
"See, Ross is kind of the odd man out," LJ said. "You have the three hot chicks. You have Chandler and Joey – everyone loves them. And then you have Ross. The black sheep. The butt of all the jokes. But Ross is the straw that stirs the drink, man. If you look at that show, a lot of that stuff wouldn't be funny without Ross. He's the straightman, and that ain't easy. David Schwimmer is an inspiration to me."

Bowe "really started to get the willies" when LJ compared himself (favorably) to Ross Geller. "I see myself as sort of the Ross of the Chiefs," LJ said. "A lot of people don't think I'm that funny, that I'm just kind of there. I've even heard people say that my success is based on the system. Not true – I'm at least as talented as David Schwimmer, and neither one of us are system backs, if you know what I'm saying."

So who does he see as Chandler and Joey? Tony Gonzalez and Dwayne Bowe, perhaps?

Hootie
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
awesome...that is hilarious

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Which one is Jake Gyllenhaal's character?

Wait, you even know the names of the dudes in the movie??

...man card please...don't make this any harder than it needs to be...

The Franchise
10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I just died a little inside...

Fire Me Boy!
10-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Wait, you even know the names of the dudes in the movie??

...man card please...don't make this any harder than it needs to be...
It's not like I knew the character names. I just knew the actor and which one was the "catcher".

But geez, man... I'm a movie buff... I've seen it (and not afraid to admit that it's an amazing piece of cinema).

teedubya
10-05-2007, 09:06 AM
You guys are gullible idiots. Did any of you actually go to the site?

Satire Sports... get it. Jokes? Fakeness? Wow.

Donger
10-05-2007, 09:10 AM
'Gullible' isn't even in the dictionary any longer. Look it up if you don't believe me.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 09:13 AM
It's not like I knew the character names. I just knew the actor and which one was the "catcher".

But geez, man... I'm a movie buff... I've seen it (and not afraid to admit that it's an amazing piece of cinema).

Allright...way to man up... :thumb:

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 09:13 AM
'Gullible' isn't even in the dictionary any longer. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Yes it is, I just looked...

...wait...

...DAMMIT!! :cuss:

TinyEvel
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
brilliant ploy by Bowe to make LJ run angry this week!
:thumb: