PDA

View Full Version : Jared Allen predicted he'd get three sacks on his radio show...

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 08:51 AM
He's not kidding around.

I watched the Jaguars/Falcons game last night. Khalif Barnes, their left tackle, is a turnstile.

And their right tackle is a slow fatass.

Scorp
10-05-2007, 08:53 AM
Good, he is on my fantasy team and I need all the help I can get.

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 08:59 AM
I fully expect him to live up to that, he slapped McKinnie around & gave McNeil fits all day...Barnes isnt as good as either of them.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:03 AM
LOL. 3 sacks.

Any idea who Barnes had to go up against facing ATL? Here is a clue.. He is better than Allen.

He can get to Garrard.. that doesn't mean you're going to sack him. Dude is stacked.. 250 lbs. of anti-sack machine.
Anyways, the O-Line improved pass protection against the Broncs, so I expect a good performance against KC as well.

Our sports radio informed us that there are some defensive players that are extremely upset about last game.. something to the tune of 35 points upset. Protect gramps back there. ;)

The Franchise
10-05-2007, 09:05 AM
I have the Chiefs D on my fantasy team. Tell Allen I expect a shutout.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Any idea who Barnes had to go up against facing ATL? Here is a clue.. He is better than Allen.

Here's the deal, Jags fan. Barnes sucks. Is John Abraham good? Yes. But Barnes was getting bitched IN HIS OWN HOME STADIUM.

Barnes + Arrowhead + Allen = MASSACRE

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Here's the deal, Jags fan. Barnes sucks. Is John Abraham good? Yes. But Barnes was getting bitched IN HIS OWN HOME STADIUM.

Barnes + Arrowhead + Allen = MASSACRE

Abraham is better than Allen.. Pure pass-rushing wise.

Massacre? Hardly. Stop the run first.

Easy 6
LOL. 3 sacks.

He can get to Garrard.. that doesn't mean you're going to sack him. Dude is stacked.. 250 lbs. of anti-sack machine.
Anyways, the O-Line improved pass protection against the Broncs, so I expect a good performance against KC as well.

Our sports radio informed us that there are some defensive players that are extremely upset about last game.. something to the tune of 35 points upset. Protect gramps back there. ;)

There isnt ONE!!! defensive player on the dirty birds that better than JA.

Dont tell me your talking about Abraham...

Direckshun
Sacks come in bunches.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm talking about Allen vs Barnes, only. It WILL be a massacre.

And we stopped your running game last December. With inferior talent.

HolmeZz
10-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Jared Allen >>>> John Abraham

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:13 AM

Who the hell are you going to throw at us? Between Taylor, Jones-Drew, and Garrard, the Jags are barely averaging over 100 ypg. That's not quite worth getting super nervous about.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm talking about Allen vs Barnes, only. It WILL be a massacre.

And we stopped your running game last December. With inferior talent.

We fell behind. That happens. Who runs the ball down by 2 TDs?

If we run the ball successfully, Allen can't pin his ears back. I'm not taking anything away from the guy, but predicting 3 sacks? Was he drinking again?

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Face it, your O line isnt very good.

Thats why Garrard has had to scramble around like friggin Fran Tarkenton trying to make plays.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Who the hell are you going to throw at us? Between Taylor, Jones-Drew, and Garrard, the Jags are barely averaging over 100 ypg. That's not quite worth getting super nervous about.

It is skewed because of the 1st game. we were never on the field.

KC's run D is what we're going to attack. Bet on it.

StcChief
10-05-2007, 09:17 AM
Sunday can't come fast enough. JA will have a monster day. He's making up for missing 2 games.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Face it, your O line isnt very good.

Thats why Garrard has had to scramble around like friggin Fran Tarkenton trying to make plays.
:shake:

Umm... He has'nt scrambled much this season compared to the past.

I love when people who know nothing about your team try to telling you about them.

How many sacks have we given up this year?

Run to nfl.com quick.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 09:19 AM

Run to nfl.com quick.

10. In three games.

That works out to better than 50 in 16.

Not real good.

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:20 AM

I love when people who know nothing about your team try to telling you about them.

Run to nfl.com quick.

Three. Garrard also has a rating over 100, with 3 TD's and no picks. The Jags employ that dink and dunk shit, and don't have a receiver in THE TOP 50 in the NFL.

This team does not scare me, good defense notwithstanding.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
You do realize the Atlanta ****ing Falcons came within two missed chipshot field goals of punking you in your own house, right?

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:21 AM
Three. Garrard also has a rating over 100, with 3 TD's and no picks. The Jags employ that dink and dunk shit, and don't have a receiver in THE TOP 50 in the NFL.

Correction - 10 sacks.

Damn. Beaten to the punch by GoChiefs.

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM

Run to nfl.com quick.

I follow everything football related, i'm definitely not some casual fan.

Those stats at NFL will change drastically after Sunday & even if they dont, its because Garrards gonna be running for his life. He wont be able to hear himself think.

I'll grant you that your RB's have the potential to break out, but you had better believe that they will be our primary focus, once we slow them down...your WR's arent going to light us up, who have they burned this year???

Valiant
10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
It should be a close game just for the florida fact alone.. Hopefully that means we kill the shit out of them, but I am worried teh Jags will use the Herm approach and run the ball and what ever team turns it over the most looses..

Basileus777

The Broncos have a pass rush?

Oh wait....they don't. Denver has one of the worst front sevens in the league....

RINGLEADER
Can the Jags win the game? Of course. Will it be surprising if Jared Allen gets some combination of multiple sacks, forced fumbles, deflected passes? Actually, I'd be surprised if he didn't get them.

keg in kc
10-05-2007, 09:26 AM
I love when people who know nothing about your team try to telling you about them.This should be the new wikipedia entry for "irony".

allen_kcCard
10-05-2007, 09:27 AM

You mean those same people who go to another team's fansite to do it? Yeah, I love it too.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
You do realize the Atlanta ****ing Falcons came within two missed chipshot field goals of punking you in your own house, right?

Coulda woulda shoulda.

Our kicker inured himself in the first game in pre-game (don't ask) or we could be 3-0. We couldn't kick a FG on 2 occasions and had to go for it on 4th and 5+.

see, it works both ways.

Anyways, to more mature and intellectual talk.. If there is one thing that scares me about KC it is the LB corps.. Johnson is a beast, enough said.. and I think yall aquired Harris and Edwards? Or somebody solid along those lines.

If we have one thing to exploit it would have to be Huard. The O-line isn't as dominating as it has been in the past, so we'll probably get some presure on him and try to make him cough up the ball. Watch out for Rashean Mathis.

BTW, we picked up Sammy Knight as many of you know. He is playing quite well. We had our SS go down with injury for the season. Anything I should know about him? He has a pick. Any key weaknesses, strengths?? I know he isn't the fastest guy.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Sammy Knight is great in the box. Great tackler, very smart.

Can't cover for shit, though.

Bowser

Furthermore, Jones-Drew has been pretty good on kickoffs, averaging in the 30 yard range. However, I'm not sure how many of those kicks he fielded were short, giving the Jags good field position. Rayner's ability to kick it deep will be a plus here.

6-7 335
You mean those same people who go to another team's fansite to do it? Yeah, I love it too.
I was speaking on my team. Everybody else is trying to tell me about the Jags.

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
This should be the new wikipedia entry for "irony".

ROFL Delicious irony...

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:31 AM
Sammy Knight is great in the box. Great tackler, very smart.

Can't cover for shit, though.

I realy, really want to see him one-on-one with Gonzalez.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:33 AM
I realy, really want to see him one-on-one with Gonzalez.
It will most likely be Daryl Smith or Clint Ingram.. (Our LBs)

Unless we're blitzing.

HypnotizedMonkey
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
Jared Allen's gonna rip Garrard's face off and wear it as a mask.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:34 AM
so does anybody on here talk football? or just shiit?

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM

Unless we're blitzing.

Yeah, that's not a good idea, either. Gonzo with single coverage by a LBer = big gain. Better double him and D Bowe, and hope your front six or seven can tackle LJ. Not to mention Kennison coming back this week and eager to get back in the mix.

beer bacon

Unless we're blitzing.

Why don't you just put a DT on Gonzalez?

Bowser

You'll get plenty of both around these parts.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, that's not a good idea, either. Gonzo with single coverage by a LBer = big gain. Better double him and D Bowe, and hope your front six or seven can tackle LJ. Not to mention Kennison coming back this week and eager to get back in the mix.
We run a base cover 2..

We're not doubling Gonz. Our LBs are fast. He'll make catches, but we'll pay plenty of attention to him. Reggie Nelson will probably keep an eye on him.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 09:39 AM
Furthermore, Jones-Drew has been pretty good on kickoffs, averaging in the 30 yard range. However, I'm not sure how many of those kicks he fielded were short, giving the Jags good field position. Rayner's ability to kick it deep will be a plus here.
And our secret weapon, Boomer can make the tackle.

Dartgod
10-05-2007, 09:40 AM
The Broncos have a pass rush?

Oh wait....they don't. Denver has one of the worst front sevens in the league....
Exactly what I was thinking. The Donkeys' defensive line sucks. Hardly a barometer for your "improved" offensive line play.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 09:42 AM
We run a base cover 2..

We're not doubling Gonz. Our LBs are fast. He'll make catches, but we'll pay plenty of attention to him. Reggie Nelson will probably keep an eye on him.If our OC can take his head out of his ass this Sunday and use the pass to set up the run you guys have match up problems all over the place.

Our front seven can keep the pressure on Garrard and contain him if he takes off running.

Remember the last time Garrard started a game at Arrowhead? He choked and got benched. Playing at Arrowhead isn't the same as playing at Mile High or Indy.

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
GoChiefs needs to post a .gif of Gonzalez beating triple coverage to tie the all time Tight End TD mark.

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:44 AM
We run a base cover 2..

We're not doubling Gonz. Our LBs are fast. He'll make catches, but we'll pay plenty of attention to him. Reggie Nelson will probably keep an eye on him.

I bet you guys change up from the Cover 2 this week. Gonzalez is not a good matchup in that defense.

Nelson's a rook, right? Or is this his second year?

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
If our OC can take his head out of his ass this Sunday and use the pass to set up the run you guys have match up problems all over the place.

Our front seven can keep the pressure on Garrard and contain him if he takes off running.

Remember the last time Garrard started a game at Arrowhead? He choked and got benched. Playing at Arrowhead isn't the same as playing at Mile High or Indy.

So I guess we may as well not even get on the plane?..

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:49 AM
I bet you guys change up from the Cover 2 this week. Gonzalez is not a good matchup in that defense.

Nelson's a rook, right? Or is this his second year?

First round rookie out of the almight University of Florida. (Go gators)

We'll shift towards him maybe. Players rarely get extra attention from this defense. We play a disciplined defense. If anybody gets our attention it is going to be Kennison and a little for Bowe.. (LJ goes without saying)

Kennison scares me. He got the best of us last year.

Please guys, football guy to football guys, don't take the D lightly. 35 points last season wasn't us. We were missing 5 starters.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 09:51 AM
So I guess we may as well not even get on the plane?..
Not saying that at all.
We have issues with the frigging bootleg.
We have a player miss an easy tackle and your RB's and WR's can get some real long gains on us.

But as stated by several posters here if you plan on covering Tony G with a single LB you are in for a long game. Our defense is not the same one that got Garrad benched last year. We are playing 10X better this year.

Your board seems to think this is a piece of cake win.

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 09:54 AM

Take a DEEEP breath...now...LET IT OUT.

If this game was in Jax, there would be a bit more trepidation...but its not & this team plays like rabid animals here. We've dogged all of the best clubs at Arrowhead in recent years...& thats when we didnt have nearly the D that we do now.

Our optimism for this one is well founded.

We'll know for sure Sunday.

Bowser
10-05-2007, 09:56 AM
First round rookie out of the almight University of Florida. (Go gators)

We'll shift towards him maybe. Players rarely get extra attention from this defense. We play a disciplined defense. If anybody gets our attention it is going to be Kennison and a little for Bowe.. (LJ goes without saying)

Kennison scares me. He got the best of us last year.

Please guys, football guy to football guys, don't take the D lightly. 35 points last season wasn't us. We were missing 5 starters.

No, it's well known your D is your bread and butter, so I don't think anyone is taking them lightly. They are going to be the key if you guys are going to win, because I think your offense is going to have a hard time of it Sunday. Here's how it's going to go - we'll do as we have all year so far, and give up big rushing numbers to your RB's, then shut them down in the red zone, holding the Jags to FGs.

Had we lost to the Chargers last week, I'd be willing to say that we would have a very good chance of losing this week. The Chiefs have grabbed momentum by beating a divison rival on the road, and will have the crowd way into it this weekend.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 09:57 AM
Not saying that at all.
We have issues with the frigging bootleg.
We have a player miss an easy tackle and your RB's and WR's can get some real long gains on us.

But as stated by several posters here if you plan on covering Tony G with a single LB you are in for a long game. Our defense is not the same one that got Garrad benched last year. We are playing 10X better this year.

Your board seems to think this is a piece of cake win.
Piece of cake win? Hardly. I can't speak for them. We are favored, though. I'd say we are the better team (here it comes). We win at home against yall, IMO. 2 days ago this board was worried.. Now everybody is basically seein' it as a walk-through against us.

This game is going to be tough for both sides. I'll give you guys your advantage in the sea of used tampons. ;)

But, you still have to show up and play the game.

Oh Snap
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
we're doing it again kc fans. We could be setting ourselves up for a huge let down. The Jags arnt half bad, I think the chiefs and jags are very similar teams. We have an improving defense that is only getting better, while the jags D has been one of the stronger D's this league has seen the past few years.

Can our offense handle that good of a defense? I hope so. But nothing is written in stone yet. Our OL has improved, but, by how much? Jacksonvilles interior DL will eat up wigmann and welbourne, waters will have to help leaveing our tackles out on an island all by themselves. What happens when jacksonville blitzes? What happens if our career back up QB cant get the ball to our playmakers, TG and DBowe? We could be in for a long day, sure its at arrowhead, but we have lost there in the past before, meaning it can happen at anytime. Defense better come to play. That is all.

Oh Snap
10-05-2007, 10:03 AM
I'll give you guys your advantage in the sea on used tampons. ;)

Oh dont worry....there might be a semen stain or two..;)

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:09 AM
BTW, Barnes has given up 9 sacks in 30 starts.

allen_kcCard
10-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Have yall lost at Arrowhead this year? :)

That a trick question?

But I see you deleted it now, so you must have looked for yourself.

Bowser
10-05-2007, 10:11 AM
BTW, Barnes has given up 9 sacks in 30 starts.

How many of those were this year?

Easy 6
10-05-2007, 10:12 AM
LOL...i see you deleted that post.

The answer was "nope".

Believe me, your reception here has been INCREDIBLY tame...likely owing to the fact that you mostly do just talk football.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:15 AM

You do realize we beat them and they beat Houston.. Who... beat yall.

FAX
10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
I hope that, just before the snap, JA points to the spot on the ground he's going to plant Garrard's ass.

FAX

6-7 335
How many of those were this year?

Uno, compadre.

scooter
So....who did he sack on his radio show?

bah-dump-dum...ching

Thankyou...thankyouverymuch

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
I hope that, just before the snap, JA points to the spot on the ground he's going to plant Garrard's ass.

FAX

Then take his flask out and chug in celebration?

;)

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Piece of cake win? Hardly. I can't speak for them. We are favored, though. I'd say we are the better team (here it comes). We win at home against yall, IMO. 2 days ago this board was worried.. Now everybody is basically seein' it as a walk-through against us.

This game is going to be tough for both sides. I'll give you guys your advantage in the sea of used tampons. ;)

Quote: <HR SIZE=1>Originally Posted by 6-7 335
Have yall lost at Arrowhead this year? :) <HR SIZE=1>
Best home record in the NFL over the last 15 years. And we have had some really bad teams during that time.
I see us winning in a close game because of Arrowhead. If its in Jacksonville I think you would get the win.

Doesn't matter in the long run because neither one of our teams are going to the Super Bowl. No one is getting past Indy and the Pats in our league.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:21 AM
I see us winning in a close game because of Arrowhead. If its in Jacksonville I think you would get the win.

Doesn't matter in the long run because neither one of our teams are going to the Super Bowl. No one is getting past Indy and the Pats in our league.

We were so close to the Colts two years ago.. 12-4..

Last year we were 8-5 after beating the Colts 44-17 and primed to get into the playoffs.. We lost our last 3 in a complete meltdown. :banghead:
But, you're right. I just want us to get into the playoffs. With all the success with the Florida Gators, we need our pro team to step up.

If we get in, thats 2 playoff appearance in 3 years.. That'll be big for us.

Dartgod
10-05-2007, 10:22 AM
You do realize we beat them and they beat Houston.. Who... beat yall.We're DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMED!!!!!!111111ONEONEOMGWTFBBQ

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:23 AM
We're DOOOOOOOOOOMMMMED!!!!!!111111ONEONEOMGWTFBBQ

I was just responding to your boy's null and void argument.

Dartgod
10-05-2007, 10:24 AM
I just want us to get into the playoffs. With all the success with the Florida Gators, we need our pro team to step up.

If we get in, thats 2 playoff appearance in 3 years.. That'll be big for us.
That spells mediocrity around these parts.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
BTW, How could Allen predict so many sacks when Barnes held him at bay last year?

He better line up against our RT..

Also, we don't know if Barnes is playing. I hope he is. He has an ankle issue.

Dartgod
10-05-2007, 10:25 AM
I was just responding to your boy's null and void argument.Sorry, I should have included a smiley. :p ;)

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:26 AM
That spells mediocrity around these parts.

Really?... ROFL Good one.

We were in cap hell 4 years ago.. A complete re-build.. And we re-built well..

It is hard in a division with the Colts.. Now the Titans and Texans are stepping it up big time. The AFC South was 9-3 after week 3. So, that isn't helping much.

Yall have a good division as well.. I think Denver is overated, though.

Pushead2
10-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Just worry more as a jags fan about Hali. and DJ when blitzing.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
I think Denver is overated, though.Damn, you sure you are not a closet Chief fan? Maybe after the game we can make you an honorable Chief fan or something?

You know any fans making the trip up to the game?

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 10:54 AM
Damn, you sure you are not a closet Chief fan? Maybe after the game we can make you an honorable Chief fan or something?

You know any fans making the trip up to the game?

A couple. Not many. I would go, but I'm in college and I'm broke.

I hear little kids throw cat food at the Jag fans and say 'here kitty kitty'.. LOL!

el borracho
10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Only 3? What a slacker! Umenyiora gets that in the first quarter.

BigRedChief
10-05-2007, 11:10 AM
A couple. Not many. I would go, but I'm in college and I'm broke.

I hear little kids throw cat food at the Jag fans and say 'here kitty kitty'.. LOL!
Nah thats BS. It's the adultsROFL

I think as long as your not mean to the Chief fans most opposing team fans get treated better than most NFL stadiums by the average Joe.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Dude I'm trying to make out the words but your avitar makes it difficult..

Ok.. focus...

Yeah, that is good to hear. I hate when I see Jag fans tormenting the visitors.. Most of the time it is in good fun. We treat 'em good, too. Most fans come and post on the board complimenting how friendly we are.

The only fans that get treated bad are Steeler fans.. and Colt fans..
Steeler fans are obnoxious..and the rivalry we have doesn't help

Silock
10-05-2007, 11:40 AM

Not everyone has the homer glasses on. The Chiefs could very, very easily lose this game. I don't think the Chiefs are better than the Jags, but neither do I think the Jags are better than the Chiefs. To me, this is a battle of even teams. The only advantage I can see is homefield advantage, and that's the only reason I see the Chiefs being able to pull out a win.

Make no mistake -- this should be a tough game for both teams.

tiptap
10-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I stated this on another thread but the difference between the Jags and the Chiefs is that the Chiefs have more unknowns in the game and that is good. Those unknowns hadn't gelled in the pre-season but they have over the start of the season.

You mentioned one of them in the new group of LBs. There is speed and coverage for Cover 2 in the starting three. And because they haven't played long with each other there isn't a lot of tape on tendencies and such. The front 4 are good at keeping offense away from the LB so they can make plays. There is a 3-4 quality to play with 3rd and long plays. That is when you could see Derrick Johnson coming as the 4th rusher off the edge.

On the offensive side the Jags are going to want to force play to the outside. Huard is not as good throwing that pass. But the passing game is better this year as far as wideouts. Bowe and Kennison make for a very good pair. If Kennison is all the way back than the passing game with Gonzales added in is going to hard on your team.

The offensive line has been a little weak in opening holes for LJ but they have been better than last year in protection for passes. I expect to see less runs right up the middle and more plays between guards and tackles. I do think the Jags are going to have early success in defending the run. But if it stays a running contest, and that is what you say Jags will do, KC will see success as the game goes on. I just think we have a better passing game. Garrad with his legs could help you'll though.

keg in kc
10-05-2007, 12:12 PM
I was speaking on my team. Everybody else is trying to tell me about the Jags.And this should be the new wikipedia entry for "passive aggressive opposing team troll".

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 12:13 PM
isn't that your second wikipedia joke..

weak.

Oh Snap
10-05-2007, 12:14 PM
the jags are ghey...

StcChief
10-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Nah thats BS. It's the adultsROFL

I think as long as your not mean to the Chief fans most opposing team fans get treated better than most NFL stadiums by the average Joe.
except for Faider fans who can't seem to help themselves getting too drunk, mouthy wanting a fight.

keg in kc
10-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I tend to play down to the level of my competition.

Back to work for me. By all means keep trolling.

Warrior5
10-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Not everyone has the homer glasses on. The Chiefs could very, very easily lose this game. I don't think the Chiefs are better than the Jags, but neither do I think the Jags are better than the Chiefs. To me, this is a battle of even teams. The only advantage I can see is homefield advantage, and that's the only reason I see the Chiefs being able to pull out a win.

Make no mistake -- this should be a tough game for both teams.

Based upon performance to date, I actually do think the Jags are a better team, and I'm not sure homefield advantage will be enough to overcome that.

Ref visiting fans: I think Arrowhead treats them very well. We don't even abuse Raider and Donk fans, but we do laugh at them alot.

keg in kc
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Based upon performance to date, I actually do think the Jags are a better teamThey've lost to a bad Tennessee team, beaten a very bad Atlanta team, and beaten a bad Denver team that by all rights should be 0-4 right now. Although any NFL road win is a quality win in my book. But still, they haven't shown much as far as I can see.

Now, that's not to say they can't beat us. We're certainly capable of losing to anyone, especially if we continue this 1st half/2nd half Jekyll and Hyde routine. But this idea that they're somehow a superior team? I don't buy it. If anything, we look like mirror images, with some different individual strengths and weaknesses, but two teams that look pretty similar to me.

My guess is we come out firing on Sunday and play our first complete game of the year. Which, on the home field, would mean a win, and probably a convincing one. Although I am a little concerned about a letdown after a big road win in the division.

Rausch
10-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Playing in Arrowhead with a young QB is a completely different ballgame.

On top of that we hadn't allowed a 100 yard rusher in God only knows how long before last week.

In closing: score as much as possible in the first half. If you aren't winning by the third quarter just take an early flight out...

Thig Lyfe
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
isn't that your second wikipedia joke..

weak.

It's called a callback, dipshit.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
They've lost to a bad Tennessee team, beaten a very bad Atlanta team, and beaten a bad Denver team that by all rights should be 0-4 right now. Although any NFL road win is a quality win in my book. But still, they haven't shown much as far as I can see.

Now, that's not to say they can't beat us. We're certainly capable of losing to anyone, especially if we continue this 1st half/2nd half Jekyll and Hyde routine. But this idea that they're somehow a superior team? I don't buy it. If anything, we look like mirror images, with some different individual strengths and weaknesses, but two teams that look pretty similar to me.

My guess is we come out firing on Sunday and play our first complete game of the year. Which, on the home field, would mean a win, and probably a convincing one. Although I am a little concerned about a letdown after a big road win in the division.

Tenn's only loss is to Indy. They are not a 'bad' team by any stretch. Their O and D lines are outstanding. Teams live and die by their lines. VY is overrated, but he makes plays and wins games.. As much as I hate to say it..
Denver a bad team? They're not 'bad'..
You're losing credibility every time you post.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
It's called a callback, dipshit.
Am I not hip enough to the MB smack talk?

lol.. I guess I'm not cool after all.

Nightfyre
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Tenn's only loss is to Indy. They are not a 'bad' team by any stretch. Their O and D lines are outstanding. Teams live and die by their lines. VY is overrated, but he makes plays and wins games.. As much as I hate to say it..
Denver a bad team? They're not 'bad'..
You're losing credibility every time you post.
< appropriate internet response > no u < /appropriate internet response >

Denver is bad, I've been force-fed their games the last several weeks, I would know. Also, don't come into OUR house and talk about OUR team like you know it better than us. I believe you said that irritated you earlier. Go back to your jag board. You try to talk football, but you don't know your head from your ass.

Simply Red
10-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Football IS the shit!

I'd have to agree.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 01:20 PM
< appropriate internet response > no u < /appropriate internet response >

Denver is bad, I've been force-fed their games the last several weeks, I would know. Also, don't come into OUR house and talk about OUR team like you know it better than us. I believe you said that irritated you earlier. Go back to your jag board. You try to talk football, but you don't know your head from your ass.

When was I talking specifics regarding KC? You quoted me talking about tennessee and Devner. Bad day at work?

Is everything ok at home? :deevee:

What was it like growing up with your father?...

Uh-huh.. and how did that make you feel?..

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I like this guy...'es got spunk!

keg in kc
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Tenn's only loss is to Indy. They are not a 'bad' team by any stretch. Their O and D lines are outstanding. Teams live and die by their lines. VY is overrated, but he makes plays and wins games.. As much as I hate to say it.. Tennessee hasn't finished above .500 since 2003, and you lost to them on your home field. So it's pretty clear why you'd try to pump them up...Denver a bad team? They're not 'bad'..Denver isn't just 'bad', they're horrible. The fact that you guys punked them on their home field is evidence enough on its own, without even looking at their 15-14 eek-out against an awful Buffalo team (but it was a road win, so that count's for something) and their hang-on smoke-and-mirrors home win against Oakland.

They're probably going to get destroyed by San Diego this weekend (assuming SD has an iota of pride...) en route to a finish somewhere in the 7-9/8-8/9-7 range.

(Which in this division this year may well be good enough to win - AFCW 2007 is going to be which team wins the division to lose early in the playofffs)You're losing credibility every time you post.Oh no, some random noob on the intraweb disagrees with my opinion and questions my "credibility".

Whatever will I do.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Tennessee hasn't finished above .500 since 2003, and you lost to them on your home field. So it's pretty clear why you'd try to pump them up...Denver isn't just 'bad', they're horrible. The fact that you guys punked them on their home field is evidence enough on its own, without even looking at their 15-14 eek-out against an awful Buffalo team (but it was a road win, so that count's for something) and their hang-on smoke-and-mirrors home win against Oakland.

They're probably going to get destroyed by San Diego this weekend (assuming SD has an iota of pride...) en route to a finish somewhere in the 7-9/8-8/9-7 range.

(Which in this division this year may well be good enough to win - AFCW 2007 is going to be which team wins the division to lose early in the playofffs)Oh no, some random noob on the intraweb disagrees with my opinion and questions my "credibility".

Whatever will I do.

Tenn finished last season winning 6 of their last 8 and evening up their record to 8-8. Watch out for them. They won a ridiculous amount of games in the second half. They beat Indy. They are on the rise. Sleep on them if you must.

The Texans beat yall.. So I believe the Titans could too. They are both pretty good teams now.

As far as Denver, Oakland is a rivalry/divisional game, those go either way. I'm not going to sit here and try and defend them. I already said they were overrated.

Rausch
10-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Tenn finished last season winning 6 of their last 8 and evening up their record to 8-8. Watch out for them. They won a ridiculous amount of games in the second half. They beat Indy. They are on the rise. Sleep on them if you must.

The Texans beat yall.. So I believe the Titans could too. They are both pretty good teams now.

As far as Denver, Oakland is a rivalry/divisional game, those go either way. I'm not going to sit here and try and defend them. I already said they were overrated.

So you admit divisional games could go either way and then turn around and pimp your worth by holding high two division wins.

Which is it? Just as likely either team wins or the win has worth?

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
The truth is, the AFCW record reflects exactly what it is...a division that is tight. Regadless of who's beaten who, there are 3 teams tied for first. This makes this weeks games huge for all of them. Since the Faiders have a bye, it'll be up to San Diego to try to eek out some respetability and beat the Donks, the Donks need the win badly to gain ground and the CHiefs need to win badly so they can get a lead in the division. The Chiefs have a lot going for them, but to me the most they have going for them is the FACT that the rest of the league looks at them and laughs...nobody expects them to win anything. If the Chiefs pull off a win this weekend (and I truly believe they should) the media will say "Wow, what's wrong with the Jags?" That's just fine with me.

There's a ton of football left to be played this season, but things are (as usual) already getting urgent in the AFCW. I expect this team to come out with a purpose at home and pull out a win. I don't expect them to dominate, but I believe they will emerge on top. The almost have to with the way this division is shaping up.

6-7 335
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM
So you admit divisional games could go either way and then turn around and pimp your worth by holding high two division wins.

Which is it? Just as likely either team wins or the win has worth?

It doesn't go that way with the Colts.

You have to really be good to beat the Colts.

THAT is it my friend.

underEJ
10-05-2007, 02:46 PM
It doesn't go that way with the Colts.

You have to really be good to beat the Colts.

THAT is it my friend.

I think you mean only the Colts can beat the Colts. No one will ever get credit for beating the Colts, it's simply an off day, or protection problems, if someone manages to hand them an L.

donkhater
10-05-2007, 03:20 PM
I have to agree with our Jags friend. I personally think Tennesssee is the 3rd best team in the AFC right now. They are looking good IMHO.

Ultra Peanut
10-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I was speaking on my team. Everybody else is trying to tell me about the Jags.Whooooooosh.