PDA

View Full Version : Herm's on the injury list...

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 10:44 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/305658.html

Chiefs notebook: Coach Edwards hobbling

Coach hobbling

He isn’t on the injured list, but coach Herm Edwards is hurting. He wore an ice pack on his ailing left knee after practice Friday.

“That’s what happens when you get a little bit mature,” Edwards said. “You’ve got to watch what you do. It swelled up last Friday before we got on the airplane. I was running after practice … and it swelled up. It was swollen for the San Diego game. It’s been sore.

“I’ll be there for the national anthem (Sunday). You don’t have to worry about me. I played with it (last) Sunday”

Naturally, some of the players were having fun with the injury at Edwards’ expense.

“The Miracle of the Meadowlands was a long time ago,” Larry Johnson told him, referring to the legendary touchdown Edwards scored as a player almost 29 years ago.

Sippio sitting Sunday?

Fans of wide receiver Bobby Sippio might be disappointed Sunday. With Kennison’s return, the Chiefs have six healthy wide receivers and will probably suit up only five. If they do, that likely leaves Sippio as the odd man out.

Kennison and Dwayne Bowe will start. Samie Parker, Jeff Webb and Eddie Drummond are the probable reserves.

Injury update

Right tackle Kyle Turley again missed practice Friday because of an injured ankle and was declared out for Sunday’s game against Jacksonville at Arrowhead Stadium. Chris Terry, a Jacksonville native, will start.

Also out for Sunday’s game because of injuries are three players used mainly on special teams: Keyaron Fox (hamstring), Dimitri Patterson (hamstring) and Benny Sapp (ankle).

Wide receiver Eddie Kennison finished the practice week without any problems and will start Sunday.

Injury report

P Jaguars Injury St.
C Brad Meester ankle O
K Josh Scobee quad O
T Khalif Barnes ankle Q
LB Justin Durant knee Q
TE George Wrighster knee Q
DT John Henderson neck P
G Vincent Manuwai hip P
LB Daryl Smith thigh P
P Chiefs Injury St.
LB Keyaron Fox leg O
CB Dimitri Patterson ankle O
CB Benny Sapp ankle O
T Kyle Turley leg O

cdcox
10-05-2007, 10:49 PM
We should have Edwards coach 3rd base on Sunday, just to be safe.

Coach
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM
P Chiefs Injury St.
HC Herman Edwards knee P
LB Keyaron Fox leg O
CB Dimitri Patterson ankle O
CB Benny Sapp ankle O
T Kyle Turley leg O

There, the injury is updated.

As for the Sippio situation, I think Drummond needs to be moved off of the team.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 10:53 PM
There, the injury is updated.

As for the Sippio situation, I think Drummond needs to be moved off of the team.

That makes zero sense. Drummond is a good kick returner. There is no blocking right now.

cdcox
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
That makes zero sense. Drummond is a good kick returner. There is no blocking right now.

Our special teams are among the worst in the league. We should dump the special teams coach and his boss.

Halfcan
10-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Jeez how many threads have you started today??

Deberg_1990
10-05-2007, 10:59 PM
No Sippio = No Win for the Chiefs..

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 11:04 PM
Jeez how many threads have you started today??

Shut up.

Coach
10-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Please. You're the one that's making zero sense. Drummond doesn't give a s**t. That's a nice paycheck to collect for running five yards at half speed eight times. I feel like every time I see Drummond returning the ball, that the game, all of a sudden, went slow-motion.

I'm disappointed in his play and more disapoointed that he cost Phinissee a roster spot for about the same results, only that Phinissee is younger and probably cheaper.

And as for your boy-toy Damon Huard, I'm personally tired of him consistantly not going through his progressions and dumping it off to the FB/HB all the time. His passes are rarely accurate. Bowe and Gonzalez both had to make great plays just to catch the damn ball. Huard threw two passes that I saw that were good, accurate passes which were clearly to our players and not the defense.

My Vote was for Croyle. Not some limp noodle arm, that can't handle pressure.

I have news for you. Huard will never get any respect from me. He throws inaccurately, he fumbles too much, and makes piss-poor reads. Those are not good things to have in a QB. The young guy can perform five yard patterns to his check down guy, I have no doubts of it.

Really my point is this, Gonzo and Bowe owned that game, it had little to do with Hopeless, Hermcuffed Huard. Perhaps if I counted more than TWO ACCURATE PASS, the entire game he may have gotten some respect.

Whats wrong with you people that think he is good? :shake:

Hammock Parties
10-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Half speed? What a joke. Drummond has been hitting the holes hard.

Putting Phinisee wouldn't make a difference. The blocking is awful right now. The coaching staff agrees with me.

Coach
10-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Our special teams are among the worst in the league. We should dump the special teams coach and his boss.

I agree. The infamous debacle on the kicking it to Devon Hester really irked me. I'd rather kick it out of bounds on kickoffs and take it on the 35 than giving Devon Hester a chance.

Unfortunately, they played with fire, and they got their asses burnt. I would had fired my special teams coach for that kind of shit.

KcMizzou
10-05-2007, 11:45 PM
Coach's posts read like the flavor of the day...

He posts the general vibe of the Planet... but he's like a week behind.

Coach
10-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Coach's posts read like the flavor of the day...

He posts the general vibe of the Planet... but he's like a week behind.

Heh, I have a thing called a J-O-B. :p

I can't keep up with everything goin on in here. Heh. All I'm just saying is how I feel.

KcMizzou
10-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Heh, I have a thing called a J-O-B. :p

I can't keep up with everything goin on in here. Heh. All I'm just saying is how I feel.All in fun man.

You stick to your guns, I'll give ya that. :toast:

tk13
10-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Half speed? What a joke. Drummond has been hitting the holes hard.

Putting Phinisee wouldn't make a difference. The blocking is awful right now. The coaching staff agrees with me.
Of course. NOOOOW everybody says the blocking sucks. Nobody was saying that when Dante Hall was dancing around because it was 3-on-1 every return.

:)

Hammock Parties
10-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Of course. NOOOOW everybody says the blocking sucks. Nobody was saying that when Dante Hall was dancing around because it was 3-on-1 every return.

:)

The blocking sucked last year, too. But Dante danced too much.

HemiEd
10-06-2007, 05:13 AM

The difference between positive yards and negative, I was sick of Dante's act.

MahiMike
10-06-2007, 06:31 AM
I thought you were gonna say, 'injured brain'.

morphius
10-06-2007, 06:43 AM
The difference between positive yards and negative, I was sick of Dante's act.
Of course Dante usually made one guy miss, and I don't remember starting behind the 20 anywhere near this much.

LOCOChief
10-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I thought you were gonna say, 'injured brain'.

Are you going fishin tomorrow when the Chiefs are kickin your Jags arses?

MahiMike
10-06-2007, 08:19 AM
Are you going fishin tomorrow when the Chiefs are kickin your Jags arses?

hahaha! :clap:

Coach
10-06-2007, 08:27 AM

That I will agree without hesitation. If there is one thing that Drummond is a improvement, it's that he goes straight, instead of dancing around.

Bowser
10-06-2007, 08:30 AM
On another note, I know the Sippio thing has been beaten to death, but if I see Webb not look for the ball one more time and have it bounce off the defender's chest when it's thrown to him, he should be tossed on to the practice squad and let Sippio have a chance.

wazu
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
On another note, I know the Sippio thing has been beaten to death, but if I see Webb not look for the ball one more time and have it bounce off the defender's chest when it's thrown to him, he should be tossed on to the practice squad and let Sippio have a chance.

It can't be said enough.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Webb looks like a colossal bust right now. He's Herm's Ryan Sims.

Buns
10-06-2007, 09:33 AM
Webb looks like a colossal bust right now. He's Herm's Ryan Sims.

yeah Webb isn't a first rounder though

HypnotizedMonkey
10-06-2007, 09:33 AM
I think Drummond AND his blocking suck so far... it's like when you're 8 and you're trying to build a Lombardi Trophy out of Legos and you only need 1 more piece but there's another piece stuck to the one you need and you can't get it apart. It's time for the pliers and hot soapy water.

Coach
10-07-2007, 12:57 PM

Genius. :shake:

Drummond can't beat a man one-on-one.

Drummond is scared shitless to faircatch the ball when it needed to be fair caught.

In other words, DRUMMOND IS A PIECE OF SHIT!