PDA

View Full Version : KCJohnny's Maddenalysis for Jax at KC

KCJohnny
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
Last meeting:
Last December Garrard was pulled in the 3rd quarter for Quinn Gray who made KC pay with his legs. Combined, the Jags threw for 306 yards in Arrowhead. That can’t happen again. It won’t. Trent Green had 3 turnovers – 2 INTs and a fumble.

Chiefs 2-4 career against Jax.

Del Rio’s Jags are 1-3 after bye weeks and won just 2 of 8 road contests last year.
Eddie Kennison has burned this team often. His return to the lineup should cause problems for the Jags who will probably stack up front to limit LJ who carried 33x for 138 yards on New Year’s Eve 2006, scoring 2 running TDs as well.
In 2007, Garrard has been near perfect with 10 passing TDs and no INTs to date.

Maddenalysis:
The Jags will succeed in keeping the Chiefs offense out of a rhythm. They will hit the quarterback. The Jags O will put up big yards between the 20s in the first half but the Chiefs stout Gold Zone D should keep them kicking FGs. Bowe will keep the coverage loose in the secondary, but look for the Jags to get some steals off tipped balls. Cunningham’s trademark second half adjustments should keep Jax from moving down the field. I had a fit with Jax in the first game losing 30-20. Then I beat them twice with a 40-7 thumping after switching to a 46 defense and a cover 2 scheme.

Who to watch: Jax’s DTs are scary. They may overpower the Chiefs OL on deep drops. Garrard will make KC pay if he sets his feet, and hurt us more if he runs. Gun must decide when to send LBs after the QB and when to play contain. Eddie Kennison if 100% will make big plays against the Jax CBs. Jared Allen wreaked havoc in the ’06 contest. Dwayne Bowe can establish himself as a legit star in the NFL with a big game.I was at the game last year. KC jumped out to a 28-10 lead but let Jax sneak back in with big runs by their QBs. Green was OK but not as effective as Huard can be if he sets his feet and we pass to set up the run as against SD in the second half. Larry hurt these guys in the 4th quarter.

Honestly, these guys scare me, and if Herm does not have all 53 players on fire for this game, Jax could steal one. I doubt that will happen, tho – as the ref told Herm last week, “your teams never quit.”
The Chiefs last year benefited from a Ty Law pick off Garrard under the shadow of his own goalposts and a Bernard Pollard blocked punt recovered for a TD. They will need similar help this year from defense and special teams. They’ll get it.

Chiefs 17, Jags 16

Ebolapox
10-06-2007, 08:31 PM
you mean bernard pollard blocked punt for TD?

Ebolapox
10-06-2007, 08:32 PM
furthermore, stroud is out. they only have henderson, who is beatable when he doesn't have his (perhaps superior) linemate.

Easy 6
10-06-2007, 08:39 PM
furthermore, stroud is out. they only have henderson, who is beatable when he doesn't have his (perhaps superior) linemate.

Thats the best news i've heard all week, i KNOW we can run & do some 5 & 7 step drops now.

I love a good 'ol "Maddenalysis" though, its AMAZING how many KC games i've affected with my brilliant beatdowns...i bought a PS3 three weeks ago but havent hooked it up yet (for fear of doing something wrong & flushing $538.00 down the drain)...this threads got me inspired...tomorrow, ITS ON.

KCJohnny
10-06-2007, 08:45 PM
you mean bernard pollard blocked punt for TD?

Thanks - I need to correct that in my post. Apprecite it!

KCJohnny
10-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Thats the best news i've heard all week, i KNOW we can run & do some 5 & 7 step drops now.

I love a good 'ol "Maddenalysis" though, its AMAZING how many KC games i've affected with my brilliant beatdowns...i bought a PS3 three weeks ago but havent hooked it up yet (for fear of doing something wrong & flushing $538.00 down the drain)...this threads got me inspired...tomorrow, ITS ON.Dude! Play! Its not an exact science but the Maddenalysis of the Bears game was real close and my Maddenalysis of the Bolts game (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4252575#post4252575)was spot on. Plus, its a boat load of fun!

Smed1065
10-06-2007, 08:52 PM

I checked NFL.com and
http://www.jaguars.com/team/Player.aspx?id=1558
http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/235246

Without a mention of him being out. Nothing personal but can you provide a link?

TY.

Easy 6
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Dude! Play! Its not an exact science but the Maddenalysis of the Bears game was real close and my Maddenalysis of the Bolts game (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4252575#post4252575)was spot on. Plus, its a boat load of fun!

Trust me...ITS ON.

I'm sitting here wondering why in the heck i spent all that dough, if i'm not gonna use it.

It can get REAL hairy when i play...heh...i dont go for the easy levels, i try to amp up the AI as absolutely far as possible on HOF, i always give 100% intelligence to AI. I like realistic games, not some pushover crap where you can score 50+ points on a regular basis.

Thanx for inspiring me to get going John, gonna get up early, go buy 08, get it hooked up, play a game before noon & DIRECTLY affect tomorrows outcome...

KCJohnny
10-06-2007, 09:03 PM
It can get REAL hairy when i play...heh...i dont go for the easy levels, i try to amp up the AI as absolutely far as possible on HOF, i always give 100% intelligence to AI. I like realistic games, not some pushover crap where you can score 50+ points on a regular basis.

Thanx for inspiring me to get going John, gonna get up early, go buy 08, get it hooked up, play a game before noon & DIRECTLY affect tomorrows outcome...

Great! 2008 has a different way of kicking (the yellow toggle button) that I hated at first but now its much more realistic (not many missed XPs). What is AI? I just use the default settings (I'm not that good). My 9-year old son uses Stephen Jackson and makes him spin, juke and jump - I just run LJ behind the H-back or TE with a stiff arm. Oh, Madden was a blast with Priest Holmes on Madden 2006!

Easy 6
10-06-2007, 09:10 PM
Great! 2008 has a different way of kicking (the yellow toggle button) that I hated at first but now its much more realistic (not many missed XPs). What is AI? I just use the default settings (I'm not that good). My 9-year old son uses Stephen Jackson and makes him spin, juke and jump - I just run LJ behind the H-back or TE with a stiff arm. Oh, Madden was a blast with Priest Holmes on Madden 2006!

AI is artificial intelligence, you can customize the levels to your skills.

Keep trucking with it, you'll move up through the levels pretty quickly i'm sure, just go into "settings".

I havent actually played since 05, life was too busy kicking me in the jimmy in 06.

Ebolapox
10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I checked NFL.com and
http://www.jaguars.com/team/Player.aspx?id=1558
http://sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/235246

Without a mention of him being out. Nothing personal but can you provide a link?

TY.

see, that's what's kinda bugging me. all sources I can find point to him not being injured at all...

then, along comes polly.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4270446#post4270446

Thanks

Better double-team Henderson. Stroud is still recovering from surgery.

I'm ASSUMING he knows what's going on with his own team.

KCJohnny
10-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks, Scott. Well, artificial intelligence is the only kind I have anyway, so I guess that's fitting. Be sure and come back to post your Maddenalysis after you play.
KCJ

Smed1065
10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
see, that's what's kinda bugging me. all sources I can find point to him not being injured at all...

then, along comes polly.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4270446#post4270446

I'm an ASS , he knows what's going on with his own team.

He is recovering from surgery but is not out of the game.

He thought HE had interweb service.

:)

Easy 6
10-06-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Scott. Well, artificial intelligence is the only kind I have anyway, so I guess that's fitting. Be sure and come back to post your Maddenalysis after you play.
KCJ

Will do John.

KCJohnny
10-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Good Morning, Chiefs Planet!!!!!

Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!

6-7 335
10-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Stroud isn't out.

KCJohnny
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Honestly, these guys scare me, and if Herm does not have all 53 players on fire for this game, Jax could steal one.

Please let me be wrong...:banghead: