PDA

View Full Version : Some Statistical Observations About Today's Game...

RINGLEADER
10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Key to this game, IMO, will be our defense. If we keep them to the average of 13 ppg I see a KC win. Some random defensive observations about today's game:

-- Jacksonville was a good road team in 2004 and 2005 (combined 13-5) but went 1-7 last year;

-- Chiefs defense has given up only three points in the fourth quarter all year;

-- Half of the scoring drives the Chiefs have allowed (6 of 12) came on the first three opponent offensive series (accounting for 34 of the 52 points allowed on defense);

-- 75% of all opponent's scoring drives have come on their first four offensive series;

-- Chiefs defense is ranked number 5 in scoring allowed at 13.0ppg (Jacksonville is number 2 at 11.3ppg);

-- Chiefs defense is ranked 4th in third-down conversion percentage at 35.2% (Jacksonville is tied for 30th at 50.0%);

-- Chiefs defense is ranked 2nd in conversion percentage at 33.3% -- just a fraction of a percent behind leader New England Patriots -- if you include fourth-down attempts (opponents are 0-3 in such situations);

-- Chiefs defense is ranked 7th with an average of 17 first downs allowed on a per game basis (Jacksonville is number 1 with an average of just over 15 per game);

-- Chiefs defense is tied for 9th in sacks with 11 (Jacksonville is tied for 12th with 10 -- although only 1 in games on the road);

-- Chiefs defense is tied for 1st place in total number of takeaways with 10 (Jacksonville is tied for 13th with 5);

-- Chiefs defense is tied for 2nd place in fumble recoveries with 5 (Jacksonville is 8th with 3);

-- Chiefs defense is tied for 5th in interceptions with 5 (Jacksonville is tied for 23rd with 2);

-- Chiefs are tied for 10th in Giveaway/Takeaway at +1 (Jacksonville is tied for 9th at +2);

-- Chiefs are 1st in opposing QB rating at 62.6 (Jacksonville is 13th at 81.3)

Chieftain58
10-07-2007, 09:51 AM
I think the turnovers will be key and if our Defense could score we should win!

Kennison being back should open up the passing game!

RINGLEADER
10-07-2007, 09:55 AM
If the Chiefs play anything like they did last week they're going to rout the Jags. I think it will stay close though.