PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

arrowheadnation
02-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I don't know. I don't think he would call him a woman beater if it was storyline.

keg in kc
02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
Conspiracy theory would be that Punk's lowest demo has always been women, so WWE could be angling to try and help him there. Hence the woman beater comment. Brown would not have to be involved at all in that case.

(they'll ignore punk's idolization of savage and austin...)

blazzin311
02-22-2012, 09:42 AM
No it's legit he told punk that he was a roid user and punk took offence for that. I know this won't be used for ratings because brown had this problem with andy levy on fox news show red eye.

Yea, that was kinda my hunch as it were. Still interested to see if this goes any further.

Ultra Peanut
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm five minutes into Raw. Well, ten, sort of, but I skipped through a bunch.

I quit.

Ultra Peanut
02-22-2012, 10:05 AM
As in, I literally feel sick to my stomach ten minutes after watching that and have zero desire to watch any more wrestling. Thanks, Vince.

big nasty kcnut
ultra keep watching it's get better

big nasty kcnut
plus smackdown was good too.

keg in kc
02-22-2012, 10:14 AM
Just start watching Raw at the hour mark. HHH/Taker is worth it.

Reaper16
02-22-2012, 11:55 AM
As in, I literally feel sick to my stomach ten minutes after watching that and have zero desire to watch any more wrestling. Thanks, Vince.
It was perhaps the most embarrassed and sickened I've ever felt as a wrestling fan.

keg in kc
02-23-2012, 11:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ik6VvbXND8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
Holy shit, this is all sorts of awesome. HBK phone interview about Raw monday and Taker/HHH at WM.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

LiveSteam
02-24-2012, 05:34 PM
gay

58kcfan89
02-27-2012, 02:50 PM
So it looks like they're hinting another Punk-Bryan match on Raw tonight (so sayeth wwe.com). I love watching those 2 wrestle just as much as the next guy, but do we really need to do it 3 times in a month (and twice in 6 days)? Save some for Wrestlemania 29 (or 30. whatever).

On the plus side, Rocky's on Raw tonight. Excited to see him bitch slap Cena (literally or verbally, either one works).

58kcfan89
02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
So, uhhh... Anyone else watch that?

Punk-Jericho should be incredible for the next month.

And if Rocky hadn't had his notes on his wrist, it wouldn't have been a contest as to who "won" that segment....

tredadda
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
So, uhhh... Anyone else watch that?

Punk-Jericho should be incredible for the next month.

And if Rocky hadn't had his notes on his wrist, it wouldn't have been a contest as to who "won" that segment....

That was an awful showing by the Rock. Just pointless drivel and catch phrases. Cena last week called him out and he had literally no comeback. When Cena came out tonight to challenge the Rock, he again outworked him on the mike. Only at the end after Cena punked him did the Rock become decent. Sadly his time away is starting to show. He used to be one of the best on the mike. Sad, sad performance. Punk-Jericho will be epic.

dirk digler
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
That was an awful showing by the Rock. Just pointless drivel and catch phrases. Cena last week called him out and he had literally no comeback. When Cena came out tonight to challenge the Rock, he again outworked him on the mike. Only at the end after Cena punked him did the Rock become decent. Sadly his time away is starting to show. He used to be one of the best on the mike. Sad, sad performance. Punk-Jericho will be epic.

Yep. Cena has owned the Rock in the smack talk department.

tredadda
02-27-2012, 10:32 PM

Ironically the bleacher report did an article about the Rock's return and they all but nailed how it would go. So sad that he is that predictable.

Sassy Squatch
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Rock was flustered after Cena left. I like the Rock as much as the next guy but Cena has been demolishing him verbally.

58kcfan89
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM

Just re-watched it, you guys are right. Rocky needs to get back into his own on the mic, cause he has the ability to bury Cena.

But honestly, my interest in that match dropped considerably after re-watching that segment. Rock had the crowd going with catchphrases & whatnot, then Cena came out & did his thing. I feel like there's no real reason for this match other than 1) they don't like each other and 2) a lot of people want to see it. Makes sense from a business standpoint, just not really a storyline perspective.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
You fucking marks. Rock has always been solid as fuck on the mic. Even when he came back at first. This is all a work. And apparently it's working.

58kcfan89
02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
You ****ing marks. Rock has always been solid as **** on the mic. Even when he came back at first. This is all a work. And apparently it's working.

Hope you're right. I can't imagine being an actor would kill your promo skills (especially considering he didn't have any problems around Survivor Series), but he was bad tonight.

And none of this changes the fact that there's still no real story to this match other than the hype of Cena vs. Rock. Be nice if there was something more to it, but that might just be me.

KingPriest2
02-27-2012, 11:47 PM
SEGMENT ONE: Who is the Best in the World?

Hmm... a popular veteran returns after leaving the company to focus on other media to trash a current champion/main eventer while the champion/main eventer insults the returning vet for leaving in the first place. Where have I seen that story before? Except, already, this story is more engaging than John Cena/Rock, because Jericho can actually play the heel, while the Rock (who should be the heel in his story as well) can't bring himself to actually get people to hate him (or just isn't good enough to). As well, when Punk decries Jericho for his activities outside of wrestling, it comes off as more believable given that he hasn't starred in movies, done tons of media appearances, and been in commercials like Cena. It's weird that the WWE is basically telling the same story twice in the build-up to WrestleMania, and the better one is the one they're not hyping up.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10

KingPriest2
02-27-2012, 11:51 PM
SEGMENT EIGHT: "Kung Pao Bitch?" Really?

For a guy who we all praise as being great on the mic, the Rock sure as hell blathers on and on and on. This was a boring, meandering segment until Cena came out. About two minutes of content stretched out involving the Rock proving that, yeah, people love him enough to chant damn near anything, including something as senseless and dumb as 'Kung Pao Bitch.' What the hell does that even mean? Cena's promo, on the other hand, was concise and to the point and actually got me interested -- the Rock, too, it seems, because his response was leagues ahead of the dull crap he was serving before Cena came out. It's the same story as Jericho/Punk, except the Rock is trying to pander to the crowd and the crowd is letting him. I'm always amused when I see different reactions for the same actions depending solely on who's doing it... well, we love the Rock and we don't like Cena, so I guess that's all that matters, right? Still... this was a segment where the Rock couldn't hold my interest and Cena brought me back, so there's that.

Rating: 6.5 out of 10

Brock
02-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Rock was flustered after Cena left. I like the Rock as much as the next guy but Cena has been demolishing him verbally.

Should be obvious that it's by design.

tredadda
02-27-2012, 11:53 PM
You ****ing marks. Rock has always been solid as **** on the mic. Even when he came back at first. This is all a work. And apparently it's working.

I agree, but you have to be a major Rock homer to think tonight was a good night for him. This is why I was disappointed because no one used to be able to own the Rock on the mike as he was easily one of the best. Tonight he bad, no way to sugarcoat that. He was only decent tonight after Cena came out and he was forced to be truly on the defensive.

big nasty kcnut
02-28-2012, 01:53 AM
I think rocky needed the note cause i think they didn't have much time to prepare since was there late.

keg in kc
02-28-2012, 01:44 PM
You ****ing marks. Rock has always been solid as **** on the mic. Even when he came back at first. This is all a work. And apparently it's working.Yep. It's completely a work. They are trying so very hard to get a 50-50 crowd reaction in Miami (which is ridiculous - Cena's going to get booed out of the building, because a) it's in Miami, and b) it's a more hardcore audience, and hardcores hate cena).

And I thought the Rock owned him yet again last night. It's so transparent which one is a worker and which one reads scripts. The wrist thing is so 180 degrees from reality. But the marks get worked. So good job on that count.

keg in kc
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
The miz's career in a nutshell.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RrB7ftwJvIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VikesFan
02-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Love the chop at the end :thumb:

WhiteWhale
02-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Yep. It's completely a work. They are trying so very hard to get a 50-50 crowd reaction in Miami (which is ridiculous - Cena's going to get booed out of the building, because a) it's in Miami, and b) it's a more hardcore audience, and hardcores hate cena).

And I thought the Rock owned him yet again last night. It's so transparent which one is a worker and which one reads scripts. The wrist thing is so 180 degrees from reality. But the marks get worked. So good job on that count.

The rock's character, catch phrases, and up until about 1999 his promos word for word, were created by someone else.

This idea of the Rock as some improv mic genius is pure fiction.

This promo was just like his others... a yammering stringing together of a bunch of catchphrases... because stupid people like catchy phrases. That's why nickleback sells records.

You ask me, they both suck.

WildTurkey
02-28-2012, 08:23 PM
The rock's character, catch phrases, and up until about 1999 his promos word for word, were created by someone else.

This idea of the Rock as some improv mic genius is pure fiction.

This promo was just like his others... a yammering stringing together of a bunch of catchphrases... because stupid people like catchy phrases. That's why nickleback sells records.

You ask me, they both suck.

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dirk digler
02-28-2012, 08:45 PM
Yep. It's completely a work. They are trying so very hard to get a 50-50 crowd reaction in Miami (which is ridiculous - Cena's going to get booed out of the building, because a) it's in Miami, and b) it's a more hardcore audience, and hardcores hate cena).

I am not buying it is a work. Rock just got owned.

keg in kc
02-28-2012, 10:31 PM
We'll just have to agree to disagree. For me, Cena doesn't even belong in the same building with the guy, and it's more obvious every time they're on the mic together.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-28-2012, 11:07 PM
It's comical that there is even a discussion in regards to who works the crowd more when they are on the mic.

Rock's worst day on the mic > Cena's best day on the mic

tredadda
02-28-2012, 11:50 PM
It's comical that there is even a discussion in regards to who works the crowd more when they are on the mic.

Rock's worst day on the mic > Cena's best day on the mic

Last nights performance says otherwise. That is unless you are a fan of catchphrases and "food" names.

Reaper16
02-28-2012, 11:56 PM
The Rock was Goddamned atrocious last night. Work or not, he was even worse than the last time he showed up (when he and Cena traded idiotic phrases). Cena was actually compelling last night, for once. All Cena did was come out and basically say "you're washed up and I'm gonna' destroy you an 'Mania. *drops the mic*"

Meanwhile, courtesy of Brandon Stroud, here's a transcript of The Rock after Cena came out and pwned him:

“LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING RIGHT NOW JOHN YOU’RE BACK THERE LISTENING RIGHT … LET ME TELL YOU THIS. JOHN. ROCK AND DWAYNE JOHNSON, DWAYNE JOHNSON AND THE ROCK, THAT IS THE SAME MAN. THAT’S THE SAME MAN JOHN, THAT’S THE, THAT’S THE SAME MAN. JOHN. AND LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING JOHN. JOHN, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING. JOHN. JOHN. JOHN. JOHN. JOHN.
JOHN. JOHN. LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING.

THE ROCK DWAYNE JOHNSON DWAYNE JOHNSON THE ROCK THE PEOPLE’S CHAMP WWE WRESTLING WRESTLEMANIA JOHN, JOHN CENA, KICK YOUR ASS, IF YOU SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING."

58kcfan89
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
I keep listening to Rocky's promo from Monday and there's just something off. It has nothing to do with Rock vs. Cena, but he just doesn't sound the same way he used to. It's like he's Dwayne Johnson trying to play The Rock instead of just being The Rock...

For your consideration...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YP8b1-4NKUg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-SH7bnElWyY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Clear difference to me. Used to refer to himself in the 3rd person, doesn't do it anymore (and I don't remember him doing it last year when he came back, either). His comedy doesn't seem nearly as funny & seems more generic, too (although that could be the fact that I'm not watching him as a kid like I used to).... Whatever, I'm more psyched for Punk-Jericho than this either way.

Ultra Peanut
03-04-2012, 01:01 AM
I miss his hair.

Like, a bunch.

Ultra Peanut
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Oh god, this is an incredible flowchart of the Nexus angle, especially the individual career recaps. Helps fill in a lot of blanks I had from not watching for most of 09-11.

http://i.imgur.com/Y8dqd.png
http://i.imgur.com/Iw7Ez.png
http://i.imgur.com/xKU4o.png

loochy
03-05-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh god, this is an incredible flowchart of the Nexus angle, especially the individual career recaps. Helps fill in a lot of blanks I had from not watching for most of 09-11.

http://i.imgur.com/Y8dqd.png
http://i.imgur.com/Iw7Ez.png
http://i.imgur.com/xKU4o.png

:spock:

58kcfan89
03-05-2012, 08:42 PM
ROFL Rocky's first taped promo ROFL

Mr_Tomahawk
03-05-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL @MIZ.

What an after-thought...

tredadda
03-05-2012, 09:31 PM
LOL @MIZ.

What an after-thought...

I was thinking the same thing. I figured Big Show would win, but the Miz lasted a whole minute.

tredadda
03-05-2012, 09:32 PM
ROFL Rocky's first taped promo ROFL

That was the Rock of old, not that sad example that we saw last week. Both promos were good and signature Rock.

dirk digler
03-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Once again Cena owns the Rock

58kcfan89
03-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Once again Cena owns the Rock

Eh, Cena was just babbling after looking completely nervous (not to mention no-selling everything) when The Rock was in the ring with him. Wasn't horribly impressed with either one of them TBH.

I don't understand how that closed Raw when Punk and/or Jericho couldn't get even a bit of mic time...

tredadda
03-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Eh, Cena was just babbling after looking completely nervous (not to mention no-selling everything) when The Rock was in the ring with him. Wasn't horribly impressed with either one of them TBH.

I don't understand how that closed Raw when Punk and/or Jericho couldn't get even a bit of mic time...

This is what I find the most disappointing. While Punk/Jericho and Bryan/Sheamus should be the main events and getting more air time they are not and it is sad. This should be an event to propel lesser names up, but instead it looks like they want to keep the relics (HHH, Jericho, Rock, Undertaker) relevant. I did not mind Rock and Cena in the ring tonight, but I guess everyone has their own opinion tonight. The Rock's promos were good with the first one being the best by far.

58kcfan89
03-05-2012, 10:29 PM
This is what I find the most disappointing. While Punk/Jericho and Bryan/Sheamus should be the main events and getting more air time they are not and it is sad. This should be an event to propel lesser names up, but instead it looks like they want to keep the relics (HHH, Jericho, Rock, Undertaker) relevant. I did not mind Rock and Cena in the ring tonight, but I guess everyone has their own opinion tonight. The Rock's promos were good with the first one being the best by far.

Agreed. I don't mind HHH-Taker getting so much time and same with Rock-Cena, but Punk-Jericho and Sheamus-Bryan outta get at least some promo time (and I know this is random, but what in the actual hell are they doing with Eve & Ryder?). I mean, has Sheamus ever said why exactly he picked DB? Could have made for a good segment and I know Jericho & Punk could have delivered another five-star segment if given the chance.

As for Cena-Rock, I loved Rock's taped promos. And his in-ring promo was considerably better than last week, and he even referred to himself in the 3rd person a few times (I mark for that, in case you can't tell), but Cena smiling like a bitch & trying to interrupt him half the time just pissed on the whole segment for me. Combined with last week, my interest in seeing those 2 wrestle has gone down significantly.

Then again, I'd rather watch Punk vs. Rock than Cena, so there's that....

Reaper16
03-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Agreed. I don't mind HHH-Taker getting so much time and same with Rock-Cena, but Punk-Jericho and Sheamus-Bryan outta get at least some promo time (and I know this is random, but what in the actual hell are they doing with Eve & Ryder?). I mean, has Sheamus ever said why exactly he picked DB? Could have made for a good segment and I know Jericho & Punk could have delivered another five-star segment if given the chance.

As for Cena-Rock, I loved Rock's taped promos. And his in-ring promo was considerably better than last week, and he even referred to himself in the 3rd person a few times (I mark for that, in case you can't tell), but Cena smiling like a bitch & trying to interrupt him half the time just pissed on the whole segment for me. Combined with last week, my interest in seeing those 2 wrestle has gone down significantly.

Then again, I'd rather watch Punk vs. Rock than Cena, so there's that....

You are the worst. Cena owns and The Rock was fucking awful once again.

58kcfan89
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
You are the worst. Cena owns and The Rock was ****ing awful once again.

Owns = no sells?

Reaper16
03-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Owns = no sells?
The no-selling of Rock's face-to-face stuff actually deepens the character dynamic. It indicates that Cena is unconvinced by what The Rock is saying, which reinforces the idea that Cena is trying to draw attention to that The Rock is out of touch and rusty.

NJChiefsFan
03-06-2012, 02:19 AM
I really question whether this is a work. Even if it is it isn't working. It doesn't make me like Cena, it makes me wonder what the Rock is doing and I am losing interest in the match. If it is a work they need to fix it. If it isn't Rock needs to stop trying to defend and sugar-coat something that can't be defended or sugar-coated. Start talking about how hard it was to be the best in his day and how easy it is for Cena now.

The story line of HBK helping HHH only to at last minute feel guilty and Superkick HHH during the match actually seems semi possible now.

There are, as mentioned, other matches that could be great that they are not doing a good job with.

CoMoChief
03-06-2012, 03:05 AM
LOL.....DING DING DING DING WAKE UP TIME TO GET YOUR ASS WHIPPED!!!

keg in kc
03-06-2012, 12:49 PM
I thought it was another solid program last night. I hope to christ they stick with the serious promos after wrestlemania is over. Punk and Jericho fighting over who's the best, HBK putting himself in the middle of HHH and taker, Cena without the shitty comedy against the Rock, both of them being (mostly) serious makes the WWE seem so much better.

Speaking of Punk and Jericho, should they open the show? The reason I ask is that if there's a match that deserves as much time as they can get from an in-ring standpoint it's that one. If they're the curtain-jerker, there's no worry about losing time to another bigger match running long. So is it better to have them get a full 25-minutes at the beginning, or to have them in a more main-eventy spot, but risk them losing time to something like HHH-Undertaker running late?

58kcfan89
03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I thought it was another solid program last night. I hope to christ they stick with the serious promos after wrestlemania is over. Punk and Jericho fighting over who's the best, HBK putting himself in the middle of HHH and taker, Cena without the shitty comedy against the Rock, both of them being (mostly) serious makes the WWE seem so much better.

Speaking of Punk and Jericho, should they open the show? The reason I ask is that if there's a match that deserves as much time as they can get from an in-ring standpoint it's that one. If they're the curtain-jerker, there's no worry about losing time to another bigger match running long. So is it better to have them get a full 25-minutes at the beginning, or to have them in a more main-eventy spot, but risk them losing time to something like HHH-Undertaker running late?

So much for serious, eh? At least as it pertains to Rock/Cena... I wish they'd introduce more meat to the feud, but I guess the one-liners about genitalia will have to suffice.

And I wouldn't hate seeing Punk-Jericho open the show, but I feel like people will have forgotten about it by the end of the night. Let Sheamus destroying DB open so we can get that shitstorm out of the way ASAP.... (I'm sure they won't open WM with the WHC 2 years in a row, though.)

Anyone have any thoughts on Jericho's promo after Punk's match? I thought it was a bid weird, but some of Punk's best work (IMO, see video below) came from his feuds with Raven over Punk's dad being a drunk. I can see it either going a bit flat or being a great move.

I'm sure most have, but for those who haven't seen it.... I don't know if we'll see this (for one thing, I don't think Jericho's a drunk like Raven was portrayed as) on WWE PG, but I never get sick of it (except the weird camera angles and Spanish subtitles):

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QcyEcKZ0Qcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
03-13-2012, 12:29 AM
So much for serious, eh? At least as it pertains to Rock/Cena... I wish they'd introduce more meat to the feud, but I guess the one-liners about genitalia will have to suffice.Tonight was apparently 'give some back to the rock' night after giving Cena all the push they could for the last couple of week. Cena jerking the curtain like that and then only getting a couple of minutes. Which was fine with me, I like his rapper persona even less than I like his hogan persona. I expected the rock stuff to be horrendous but thought it really wasn't. If nothing else, the man can play a crowd.

I think they are targetting the adults pretty obviously, which is sort of a different angle on the serious thing I was referring. Most of both their acts tonight, especially Cena getting bleeped, while juvenile, is most definitely not playing to the 6-year old cena fans in the audience (although they'll love it - 'oh wow, he cussed!'). Which means they're not just trying to sell this to the kids, and they are going a little edgier to I assume try to get back some of the lost 90s audience. We'll see if it works.

I sort of zoned out on the Punk/Miz/Jericho stuff, but the rumor was out earlier today that Miz would interfere with that match at Mania. Not sure how I feel about that.

Ultra Peanut
03-13-2012, 12:16 PM
pfahaahaha

Spooky Ghost Man Who Also Wears MMA Gloves is so terrible that you can't helped but be entertained by it. here's this dead dude, who can shoot lightning from the ceiling, and he also really fucking loves mma. it's nice that dead people still have hobbies and interests.

zonachief
03-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Toatally marked out for basic thuganomics.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Reaper16
03-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Tonight was apparently 'give some back to the rock' night after giving Cena all the push they could for the last couple of week. Cena jerking the curtain like that and then only getting a couple of minutes. Which was fine with me, I like his rapper persona even less than I like his hogan persona. I expected the rock stuff to be horrendous but thought it really wasn't. If nothing else, the man can play a crowd.

I think they are targetting the adults pretty obviously, which is sort of a different angle on the serious thing I was referring. Most of both their acts tonight, especially Cena getting bleeped, while juvenile, is most definitely not playing to the 6-year old cena fans in the audience (although they'll love it - 'oh wow, he cussed!'). Which means they're not just trying to sell this to the kids, and they are going a little edgier to I assume try to get back some of the lost 90s audience. We'll see if it works.

I sort of zoned out on the Punk/Miz/Jericho stuff, but the rumor was out earlier today that Miz would interfere with that match at Mania. Not sure how I feel about that.
They're marketing to teenagers. Sure, there's nostalgia for the attitude era that's aimed at adults. But what was the demographic that most loved the attitude era's sophomoric hijinx? Boys aged 16-22 or thereabouts.

I thought Rock's performance last night was horrendous TV. Another heaping helping of misogyny dumped on top of telegraphed, immature punchlines and catchphrase sprees. I'm an adult, and I don't think The Rock's performances of late are for me. They're for... people younger than me.

keg in kc
03-13-2012, 06:53 PM
The end of the rock's segment was bad. Like really bad. I liked the rest fine. It's what the rock's always done. Which I get puts me in the nostalgia demographic. Although in the interest of full disclosure I was playing Mass Effect 3 throughout Raw, so it wasn't like I was glued to the tube.

Jericho section I missed:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LjAOa_uOVdI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The rock's bit:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SBHlP8F4j1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CoMoChief
03-13-2012, 07:02 PM
The we will rock you, part was awful. Cena already had some fun with that on twitter.

the guitar segment was ok....some really funny parts IMO. "Cena's mom can barely walk" LOL

SnakeXJones
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
Good God wtf was that? I havent watched wrestling in a good while

58kcfan89
03-19-2012, 08:50 PM
This show really kinda sucks. Even Punk-Jericho wasn't that great. Not expecting much from the HBK/HHH/Taker segment, either.

And Orton needs to never touch a microphone ever again.

keg in kc
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
It was an okay show but there's way too much emphasis on the Teddy Long/John Laurinaitis garbage. You know it's a bad sign for the quality of the roster when they're making Santino a focus of the program.

And to think we once liked Orton.

tredadda
03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
It was an okay show but there's way too much emphasis on the Teddy Long/John Laurinaitis garbage. You know it's a bad sign for the quality of the roster when they're making Santino a focus of the program.

And to think we once liked Orton.

This. Santino is a good personality, but he is a garbage wrestler who has like 4 moves before he breaks out that ridiculous cobra.

keg in kc
03-19-2012, 09:25 PM
LMAOShane Douglas was about three or four rows deep at ringside tonight at the Raw show in Philadelphia wearing a Lucha mask. He took the mask off during the opening match with Big Show vs. Kane and tried to get ECW chants going. It didn't sound like he was successful.

keg in kc
03-19-2012, 09:34 PM
Hrm.Huge WWE shakeup - FCW done (http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/24768-huge-wwe-shakeup-fcw-done)

Officials from WWE told Bright House Sports network today, which airs the FCW shows in Florida, that they are closing down the promotion and will not be doing anymore television after the final three shows taped last week air.

WWE officials told Bright House Sports that they are folding the promotion, closing the gym, and moving everyone to Stamford, CT for the time being until they figure out what they are going to do with developmental.

Those in WWE also heard news today and were given the impression the company was going to do developmental out of Conneticut and possibly open a second developmental territory.

58kcfan89
03-19-2012, 10:28 PM
LMAO

DAMMIT, I saw a video of that a few hours ago, but can't find it. It was a guy just following Douglas around, yelling "E-C-DoubleYou!" I had no idea what was going on...

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
... holy SHIT, that opening segment was great. I honestly wasn't that thrilled with the build to Punk/Jericho so far but I'm ridiculously interested in it now. I love that they took a standard Heel Punk promo and turned it into an incredible face promo. Both of them finally seem to be living up to their best.

Note: I've seen 10 minutes of Raw so far and haven't spoiled myself so there's every chance they could ruin it in the next 70 minutes.

Oh hey, guess they're actually going to to take the IC title off of Cody at Mania and <strike>elevate him to the main event</strike> forget to give him anything to do for the next year.

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 11:52 AM
And to think we once liked Orton.Ugh, yeah.

Just retire now and save whatever's left of your brain, Randy. Jesus Christ.

Simply Red
03-20-2012, 12:00 PM
youknow guys.

Wrestling? It's all made up

http://i42.tinypic.com/bxur.png

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 12:10 PM
YOU'RE LYING I HATE YOU

Ultra Peanut
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
lolllll this fucking Taker-HHH-HBK promo/angle. They all just sound so old and out of it.

AHAHAHAH THAT WAS THE OVERRUN

AHAHHA

keg in kc
03-26-2012, 09:19 PM
You know, 6 months ago this looked like a great mania. They've just sucked all the life out of it.

The Dawg
03-26-2012, 09:29 PM
It took me like a month and a half of seeing this on the list of threads to realize this was about wrestling. I thought it meant Kyle Orton or something dumb- Well now kind of glad I have caught up and enjoyed reading through some of this.

The Dawg
03-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Anything worth-while happen on RAW tonight?

Sassy Squatch
03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Christian is off team Johnny. Mcintyre took his spit and Miz is the last man on team Johnny. Booked T is the last man for Long

The Dawg
03-26-2012, 09:43 PM
O.o

Man o man it's been a long time since I've watched a show. Maybe I can get back into it.

tredadda
03-26-2012, 09:45 PM
This 12 man tag match has some awful stars in it. I mean Santino is a captain. Really? That guy is beyond awful and Booker T is well past his prime. This smells of a desperate attempt to get as many people into Wrestlemania as possible. I am ready for Rock/Cena to be over, and Taker/HHH. RKO/Kane looks like a filler to get them both WM time as well. There is no build up to this match at all, it is just there. The more I see the line up, the more underwhelmed I become.

keg in kc
03-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I was literally more excited for mania 12 months ago than I am now. I don't think I'm buying it. They've nearly killed the Rock with the audience, Cena comes off exactly the same as he always has. Nothing has changed except that I care less about it the more they're on TV. So in the end the long build hasn't done anything but hurt the match, which is sign number 83471 that the company just completely sucks at basically everything now. The only hope is that the show is a million times better than the build to it, and I just don't have that kind of blind faith.

keg in kc
03-30-2012, 04:22 PM
Lesnar and Batista both rumored to be in Miami.

58kcfan89
03-30-2012, 05:19 PM
O.o

Man o man it's been a long time since I've watched a show. Maybe I can get back into it.

Go buy something from this page.

http://www.wweshop.com/category/cmpunk

Lesnar and Batista both rumored to be in Miami.

Gross. Give me a 10-minute Iron Shiek rant instead.

This 12 man tag match has some awful stars in it. I mean Santino is a captain. Really? That guy is beyond awful and Booker T is well past his prime. This smells of a desperate attempt to get as many people into Wrestlemania as possible. I am ready for Rock/Cena to be over, and Taker/HHH. RKO/Kane looks like a filler to get them both WM time as well. There is no build up to this match at all, it is just there. The more I see the line up, the more underwhelmed I become.

Yeah I agree. I was excited for this a few weeks ago, but the last few weeks just haven't gotten me very excited for it. I honestly almost fell asleep during the Cena-Rock segment on Monday. Just don't care about it anymore. Not that I really cared that much to begin with.

Only thing I care about on the card is Jericho-Punk and the buildup to that hasn't been as great as I thought it could be, either. Think the match will be fantastic, though.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Apparently Rock didn't show for the hall of fame, which the crowd there didn't like. I'm guessing that was the point. And yet Cena was still booed out of the building anyway. It's going to be an ugly evening for him, I think.

Weather down there was real bad yesterday, but weather.com looks fine right now.

Lesnar is in and signed, and looks to be starting a year-long angle similar to rock last year. No idea who he'll be working with, whether it's undertaker or rock or somebody else. I hope they're smart enough not to oversaturate him with the audience the way they did with rock (that's my pet theory - i think a year long build is a good thing, but having rock wrestle at survivor series was a huge mistake, and having him on raw so often was an even bigger one - he went from special attraction to show regular...).

Still not sure about batista.

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy it or not.

Reaper16
04-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Lesnar is in and signed, and looks to be starting a year-long angle similar to rock last year. No idea who he'll be working with, whether it's undertaker or rock or somebody else. I hope they're smart enough not to oversaturate him with the audience the way they did with rock (that's my pet theory - i think a year long build is a good thing, but having rock wrestle at survivor series was a huge mistake, and having him on raw so often was an even bigger one - he went from special attraction to show regular...).

Still not sure about batista.

I'm still not sure whether I'm going to buy it or not.
lol april fool's

Jerm
04-01-2012, 11:04 AM
I wonder if they'd rehash the nWo angle with Brock and Batistsa interfering in the Rock/Cena match with Cena playing the Hogan role.

Have them rampage all over the WWE for the next year leading to some kind of six man vs. Rock/UT/Punk or HHH or something like that.

They gotta do something big though...expecting fireworks tonight.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 11:06 AM
lol april fool'sEverything I mentioned was news yesterday, so I don't think so.

Most popular theory seems to be Brock doing a run-in and giving Rock an interference win over Cena. Because there's no way Rock's going over clean.

(I still think Cena probably wins)

Sassy Squatch
04-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Wonder if Brock will be a heel or a face? I think it makes more sense to have him interfere on behalf of Cena, then have Cena go after him for ruining the match.

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Lesnar, eh? Assuming it's legit & he can still go, I can see a lot of intriguing possibilities. I was a big fan of his before he left.

I don't want to see anyone interfering in Rock-Cena, though, cause I don't want a rematch. Once is enough...

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
I'd say either Cena wins clean or Rock wins with interference. Nobody beats Cena clean, and this whole build (particularly last week, when after months of smack Rock talks about how great Cena is...) has been about trying to bring Rock down to Cena's level. So superman isn't going to lose without shenanigans.

I assume we're getting a rematch whether we want one or not. Cena has to come out on top after all of this. So clean win is the only way the feud ends today. And I really want to think they won't do that.

As far as Lesnar goes, ahhh, memories:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y5Ml4iqs1Ew" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 04:02 PM
I wonder if they'd rehash the nWo angle with Brock and Batistsa interfering in the Rock/Cena match with Cena playing the Hogan role.

Have them rampage all over the WWE for the next year leading to some kind of six man vs. Rock/UT/Punk or HHH or something like that.

They gotta do something big though...expecting fireworks tonight."CM PUNK, YOU CAN GO TO HELL! STRAIGHT TO HELL." - Josh Matthews, WWE Bash at the Beach 2012

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 04:03 PM
It's been sixteen fucking years. Guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(All of my grandparents were alive then and the last one died a month ago. It's weird that I have wrestling-related memories with all of them.)

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Or maybe they go more obvious and Cena's Hogan. Jinder Mahal can be Sting.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Cena's new gear is complete Boston Celtic green, head to toe. No idea if that's what he comes out in today, but expect to see much of that for the forseeable future.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Purportedly Danielson and Sheamus going on first.

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 04:55 PM
best place to watch it online?

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pTuO2.gif

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
best place to watch it online?
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/116275/1/watch-wwe---wrestlemania-xxviii.html

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:10 PM
ahofduigaohfsdufhdufdhufhsdiufhudhdsjkf

fucking stupid

Al Bundy
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
haha he got the shit kicked out of him

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/116275/1/watch-wwe---wrestlemania-xxviii.html

Thanks UP.

LMAO THat was fast...holy crap

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Way to bury one of your best workers+promos and treat the WHC like it's the ECW or US title, idiots.

Sassy Squatch
04-01-2012, 05:14 PM
Why?

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:15 PM
Why?Because FUCK THE INTERNET or FUCK THAT INDY SCRUB or who fuckin' knows. Vince is right and everyone else is wrong, the end.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Way to bury one of your best workers+promos and treat the WHC like it's the ECW or US title, idiots.Because you can keep the program going after that, Bryan calling it a fluke, and because the Royal Rumble winner lost last year (ADR).

Not that I don't think it's a little goofy to give the best worker in the company 18 seconds on the biggest show of the year. And I would have had him go apeshit and attack Sheamus from behind after.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh cool a shitty Kane-Orton match to fill twenty minutes.

Because you can keep the program going after that, Bryan calling it a fluke, and because the Royal Rumble winner lost last year (ADR).

Not that I don't think it's a little goofy to give the best worker in the company 18 seconds on the biggest show of the year. And I would have had him go apeshit and attack Sheamus from behind after.They keep coming so close to actually legitimizing him but they always pull back at the last moment. Their inability to even give him ten minutes at Wrestlemania just makes me feel like there's no way they'll ever consider him one of "their guys," or at least not until it's too late.

I mean, yes, if he'd gone apeshit on Sheamus or started berating AJ, I'd have some hope, but it's going to be so easy for them to just shunt him right back down the card and forget about him now.

And it's also just, holy christ, how dickish can they be to those two guys? Their US title match gets moved to the dark match last year, and this year their WHC match opens the show (not a bad idea, in theory) and lasts five seconds.

Sanka
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
http://myp2p.pe/

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh cool a shitty Kane-Orton match to fill twenty minutes.Hopefully it goes 5. I figure the shorter this early shit goes, the more time Punk and Jericho get. And as much as I love Danielson, I'd rather see that match get a half hour than any match Sheamus is in.

What scares me is that they're cutting all this time early on to give the Team Johnny bullshit more time.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:24 PM
The "this is bullshit" during the backstage bs and "Daniel Bryan" chants during this match make me love the crowd.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:25 PM
I mean, I'm not super-smarky anymore. I don't get mad at too much in wrestling beyond the rampant racism, homophobia, and (astounding, nigh-constant) misogyny. But wow, that was the most petty shit imaginable.

Sfeihc
04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
It's been sixteen ****ing years. Guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

(All of my grandparents were alive then and the last one died a month ago. It's weird that I have wrestling-related memories with all of them.)

Wrestling and family go together, as strange of bedfellows as they may seem. Parents take the kids and make memories that last a lifetime. My old man took me to Joe Louis Arena to see the WWF in the mid-eighties. What a thrill! "The Polish Power" Ivan Putski(my personal fave of the day) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orendorff. One of the early matches featured two new comers, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhardt vs. Brett "The Hitman" Hart. Hulkamania was runnin' wild for sure!

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:28 PM
According to Meltzer "This had been planned for a while but there were people trying to get it changed."

The funny thing is that you have a guy who has a chant over everywhere all weekend, 'yes' at all the indy shows, 'yes' signs all over mania, and that's the guy you beat. And will inevitably be the guy that gets blamed in 6 weeks for not being over.

McMahon logic...

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:30 PM
... is this match still on?

Wrestling and family go together, as strange of bedfellows as they may seem. Parents take the kids and make memories that last a lifetime. My old man took me to Joe Louis Arena to see the WWF in the mid-eighties. What a thrill! "The Polish Power" Ivan Putski(my personal fave of the day) vs. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orendorff. One of the early matches featured two new comers, Jim "The Anvil" Neidhardt vs. Brett "The Hitman" Hart. Hulkamania was runnin' wild for sure!I remember watching Nitro at a neighbor's house with my paternal grandfather. The moment I realized I was a big DDP fan was in late 1995 while visiting my grandmother at the hospital and catching a match of his on WCW Saturday Night.

Plus we went to USWA shows on occasion, lol. Can't wait for Flex Kavana vs. John Cena tonight (because I'm curious how they're gonna fuck it up)!

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow, Kane beat Orton?

Didn't see that coming.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:35 PM
I actually like Cody Rhodes a lot now. So I guess he gets knocked out in two seconds and Show makes a poo on his chest.

(This would be a reasonable time to relieve him of the IC title and elevate him to the main event, but WWE)

Sassy Squatch
04-01-2012, 05:36 PM
I laughed at santino giving the cobra to crab legs. I am ashamed...

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah Eve, I really liked the part where you were called a disease-ridden whore for kissing a married dude (who reciprocated) when a different dude had a crush on you. Being a diva is so empowering!

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I thought they'd cool the crowd with the divas match between HHH/Taker and Rock/Cena.

They're really burning through the prelim stuff. Which is good for the main matches.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Divas match already? Time for a piss break.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 05:50 PM
This is definitely the "dump everything we didn't want to book" hour.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
ugh this shit's still on.

God I can't stand watching Kelly Kelly

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Divas match unsurprisingly painfully bad.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
hooray it's fucking over

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Okay, so all the bullshit except for the 12-man is now over.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Oh god no, run JR! Run far away!

They're gonna pants him and tie him up in the ropes while Big Dick Johnson strips.

Ultra Peanut
Wait... what? This is getting the whole hour, I guess.

keg in kc
Def didn't expect to see this an hour into the show.

I hesitate to get excited, but I think they're going to give Punk and Jericho some time.

BryanBusby
oh wow, divas match to hell in a cell

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 06:03 PM
what the hell? How do you put this match on before a stupid 12-man tag match?

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:04 PM
Michaels' entrance music has always been one of the things that makes me embarrassed to be a rasslin fan. It's just sooo bad. But not quite bad enough to spin around into bizarrogood.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:05 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE BACON AND HOW YOU EAT IT

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Do they still allow the blood to flow in the WWE?

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Def didn't expect to see this an hour into the show.

I hesitate to get excited, but I think they're going to give Punk and Jericho some time.Six minutes and a dusty finish.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Why is the Undertaker Shredder?

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:12 PM
*Limp Bizkit plays*

I guess it's appropriate that he shaved his head with the Attitude Era motif, and all.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:14 PM
hahaha the cell has its own entrance theme

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:24 PM
old man taker already gassed

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I'm positively shocked Hunter would blade for this~

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
That was a pretty cool spot.

Jenson71
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I have zero interest in professional wrestling, but I have tremendous interest in Ultra Peanut. Why must Ultra Peanut confine herself to one thread?

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Undertaker drools like the best of em

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
a lot better than the first HHH/Undertaker

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 06:45 PM
what a match

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I wasn't very excited at all for that but it more than lived up to the hype.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Awesome match, tho the end felt a little flat.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I say this every year about this time, but JR makes such a difference.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:51 PM
I say this every year about this time, but JR makes such a difference.God yes. GRAVITAS.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:52 PM
God yes. GRAVITAS.Is that latin for "michael cole sucks a cock"?

Mr_Tomahawk
Who won the hell in the cell match?

BryanBusby
GROUP HUG

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
I think it's fitting, but it's hilarious that they get more time limping to the back than the WHC match. LMAO

10 minutes of entrances, 30 minutes of match, 5 minutes of crawling away.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Time for the garbage 12-man? Then punkicho and finally rock/cena?

Mr_Tomahawk
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
So did takers streak get snapped be the son-in-law?

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 06:58 PM
The only thing I regret about not watching for a long time was missing the end of Edge's career. :(

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 06:59 PM
So did takers streak get snapped be the son-in-law?No.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:00 PM
OH BOY MUSICAL GUESTS

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 07:01 PM
wtf is this shit.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Without that taker match this isn't even a good episode of raw.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Alright, time to go get a slurpee. Hopefully this bullshit's over when I get back.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:02 PM
haha vicki with a flag

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Why is bill cosby on team teddy shirts

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Man, I still can't get over that HIAC match. I'm not even a big HHH or Taker fan, but God, what a story...

Feel bad for all these fuckos in the tag match having to follow that. Hope Punk-Jericho can top HHH-Taker, but it's gunna be tough.

Al Bundy
04-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Yuck.

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
They've made Ryder such a little bitch.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Miz is the new taker

Sassy Squatch
04-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I was kinda hoping truth would go psycho and just brutalize her. Would've been hilarious.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Yessssssss, Punk's first ECW promo. =3

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Sweet. Home from 7-11 just in time for Punk's entrance. Perfect timing.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Andy Garcia lollllllll

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Jericho trolls like a boss

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 07:56 PM
this match got awesome really fast

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 07:57 PM
JR: "I think these men know that this is the last time their paths will ever cross in a setting like this."

Cole: "What a match!"

Also: rad finish A+

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 07:58 PM
That.

Was.

Incredible.

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 08:00 PM
OMG BRODUS AT MANIA

e: wtf

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
what in the fuck

Vince quietly pats himself on the head "I'm down with the african american community now heh"

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:09 PM
what in the motherfucking fuck is this motherfucking shit

cool Cleveland shirt bro, you're in Miami

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 08:10 PM
What (or who) in the actual fuck is this?

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 08:15 PM
OK, I've at least heard of Florida....

But seriously, can we get to the match already?

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:16 PM
this shit is so awful

such a turn from the worst after Miz promo last Wrestlemania

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:21 PM
IF CENA WINS
WE RIOT

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 08:23 PM
LMAO if they were trying to get a split reaction out of this crowd.

alanm
04-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Question: Who does the Rock's entrance music? Just wondering.

dirk digler
Let's get it on

keg in kc
As for Jericho/Punk, that match would have been a classic if the crowd hadn't been dead for the first half of it. At least they woke up for that great finishing sequence.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Question: Who does the Rock's entrance music? Just wondering.

It's basically done by the same dude that does most generic themes; Jim Johnson

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
"Same old shit!" ROFL

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
This has been a much better match than I expected (and I thought it would be good).

Rock looks tired, but he's been great.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 08:55 PM
ROCK WINS ROCK WINSSSSSS

Ultra Peanut
04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
That is a realllllly hot crowd.

I was very okay with that!

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Holy shit! The Rock CLEAN!

Awesome!

dirk digler
04-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Hope there is a rematch because that is crap

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

ROCK BOTTOM
ROCK BOTTOM
ROCK BOTTOM

BAH GAWD YES

tredadda
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Bahhhh, why did the Rock have to win? If he was staying I wouldn't have an issue with it, but now what do they dow ith Cena?

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Pretty much should of known from the start that Rock was going to win when it was at the top of the card. They almost always have a "send the crowd home happy" main event, and the Rock winning will get a better reaction than Cena.

There were some really good matches, but damn did they completely blow the opener with a squash.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
Bahhhh, why did the Rock have to win? If he was staying I wouldn't have an issue with it, but now what do they dow ith Cena?Cena wasn't hurt in any way by that.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 09:21 PM
As for the opener, what I think of that match will depend on what they do now. I'm leaning towards it actually being okay because despite it being one of my favorite guys, the fact is that it was a smarmy heel getting his comeuppance in a banana-peel type of finish. Like I said before, I think if it was a real burial it would have happened without AJ. I think that was actually about as much as they could possibly do to protect Danielson while still giving Sheamus a squash win. But it all depends on what they do with Danielson going forward. If it's treated like a fluke and he comes back strong, I won't have a problem with it. If he's treated like a joke and shot straight back to the lower mid-card, then it's another stupid example of Vince cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Too early to tell either way right now I think.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Rock will disappear for awhile now and Cena will return to OVERCOMIN DA ODDZ

My thoughts on WM:

Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus - Just ugh. Apparently the word was the squash was booked for awhile and they wanted to break the record for shortest WM match; which they failed. Really? Way to shit on the WHC and setting the tone for a very flat first hour.

Kane vs. Randy Orton - Booooooorrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg -Stone Cold

Big Show vs. Cody Rhodes - Match wasn't great, but I was fine with the result. Big Show finally gets a WM moment and they've freed Cody up for a push.

Divas - Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James seems so long ago. I would be okay with them killing off the divas thing.

Taker vs. HHH - Much batter than last years match, and HBK was a good addition although he fucked up one of the counts. Going for more of a story mode over finishers and plenty of naps was a good decision.

Teddy/Johnny - Finish was fine, there were a couple decent spots, but this shit shouldn't of even been on the card.

Punk vs. Jericho - Start should of been at a little higher pace, but overall was great.

Cena vs. Rock - Liked the result, but I would of rather of seen him face someone other than Cena. Cena did a decent job filling in the heel role, but his ring work did drag down the quality of the match a bit. Was pleased though.

I hated the lack of hype promos (the mini-concerts were fucking garbage), and was spending my time during it recalling how the build before Cena/Rock entrances was god awful compared to the Miz intro last year. I am glad they didn't have a Brock Lesnar run in at any point though.

Overall, considering how stacked the card was, this Wrestlemania was a let down. Better booking for the first hour, how they wrote inbetween match scripts and more/better quality promos would of completely changed this WM into a great one.

keg in kc
04-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Rock's starting a new movie this week, so he's gone.

I'm sure Cena will spend 10 minutes bitching about it tomorrow.

BryanBusby
04-01-2012, 10:42 PM
I assume, if Brock Lesnar returns at all, he will be doing it tomorrow night and last nights WM result will be quickly moved on from.

58kcfan89
04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
And I feel no different about the Undertaker....although his match tonight was classic.

I don't know if the match was a classic, but the story definitely was. The match without the story was essentially two guys beating each other's asses with chairs, steps & a sledgehammer. IMO what made it was the story & emotion surrounding it.

Overall, I thought it was a good show with a garbage first hour. I'm not as pissed as most people about the DB squash because A) I saw it coming and B) I'll judge it based on where they go from here (as was said above).

Do we know if HHH and/or Taker are retiring? Cause that was a heck of a way for either of them to go out.

Reaper16
04-01-2012, 11:07 PM
My thoughts:

1.) Bryan squash was bullshit and I have zero faith that it will turn out to be OK.

2.) 'Taker v HHH III was awesome. Way better than I expected. Match of the night by miles.

3.) Punk v Jericho was disappointing as Hell. It was Raw-quality wrestling, salvaged by a wonderful finishing sequence. But the pacing was just off for the whole match. The Punk v Bryan matches given away on free TV a few weeks back were leagues better. That was just... conventional.

4.) The Cena v Rock finish makes absolutely zero fucking sense... unless it heralds a Cena heel turn. Otherwise, that finish does NOTHING positive for the WWE product.

tredadda
04-02-2012, 09:26 AM
My thoughts:

1.) Bryan squash was bullshit and I have zero faith that it will turn out to be OK.

2.) 'Taker v HHH III was awesome. Way better than I expected. Match of the night by miles.

3.) Punk v Jericho was disappointing as Hell. It was Raw-quality wrestling, salvaged by a wonderful finishing sequence. But the pacing was just off for the whole match. The Punk v Bryan matches given away on free TV a few weeks back were leagues better. That was just... conventional.

4.) The Cena v Rock finish makes absolutely zero ****ing sense... unless it heralds a Cena heel turn. Otherwise, that finish does NOTHING positive for the WWE product.

Exactly, which is why I had an issue with the Rock winning.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-02-2012, 09:46 AM
The only match I watched was Rock vs. Cena. I was thrilled Rock got a clean pin on him. Of course, I'm not a fan anymore, and The Rock was the last time I truly was. So I was one of the few that got satisfaction out of that I guess.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-02-2012, 09:48 AM
That said, even though I don't watch it anymore, I still have some guys who I think should be major stars if they're not.

Miz, Punk, Danielson, those guys are talented. Obviously Jericho, but he's not new. He's been around for years.

Honestly, I think Miz has the ability to be a Stone Cold, or Rock type character. I have no idea what they're doing with him. I know the majority here think Punk is the best they have, but I think The Miz is the total package and the best guy on the roster. JMO.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 10:48 AM
The only match I watched was Rock vs. Cena. I was thrilled Rock got a clean pin on him. Of course, I'm not a fan anymore, and The Rock was the last time I truly was. So I was one of the few that got satisfaction out of that I guess.I don't think it was just a few. There were a lot of lapsed fans like yourself who paid specifically to see Rock and Cena, and who were thrilled it ended the way it did.

Unfortunately, taker/hhh match aside, the rest of the show was so bad, so typical of what WWE has become, that they woke up this morning still lapsed fans. It's just awful. Forget about Jesus Cena getting rammed down everybody's throat, and look at all the bullshit from last night that personifies the product right now:

Danielson, the best wrestler in the company, and extremely popular right now, loses in 18 seconds to a mediocre muscle-head.

There are pointless, painfully-bad skits all over the broadcast. I mean, seriously... Did I really see Deadliest Catch advertised on Wrestlemania? Heath Slater and Flo Rida? All that bullshit with Johnny Ace.

Commercials. On Wrestlemania. I paid $55 for this. And I'm seeing K-Mart ads.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

And the funny thing is, as bad as it was, it was still better than last year's show.

I have no idea what direction they're going tonight, and I'm okay with that. Wrestlemania needs to be the culmination of the year, not the kicking-off point to set off the next night's Raw or the next PPV. Which is why I'm okay (thrilled actually) with the way Rock/Cena ended. That match was the payoff for a year-long build. Which is kind of surprising in itself, because WWE so rarely pays off in a satisfying way anymore. That might actually be the sole redeeming quality of last night's show for the lapsed group. And Cena isn't going to be hurt at all by the way it turned out. His fans are still there. He can come on Raw tonight, talk about how he screwed up trying to show up the Rock and got caught, maybe say he forgot about the "respect" part of his mantra, and use it to propel himself forward.

The slate's clean now. Aside from Punk/Jericho and (I assume/hope) Danielson/Sheamus, tonight could be a fresh raw setting up new feuds and angles. Maybe we see Batista or Lesnar setting up next year, maybe we don't. I assume the Rock will be there, probably his last appearance for a while. I expect we'll see him again for Mania next year, hopefully not against Cena again (I'd actually kind of like to see Punk/Rock; I think they could have a better dynamic on the mic than Cena and Rock did, and Punk's a guy that I think they need to continue to elevate going forward).

And I've been saying this for years, but it's long past time they start introducing new guys. Maybe get Claudio and Hero out of developmental, and a couple of the other guys. They need to be building stars.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Classic LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6VuL8kLz8HA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts
04-02-2012, 11:48 AM
I didn't realize so many young women played with themselves while watching wrestling. That was classic Americana wrestling watching me thinks.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I feel bad that I'm laughing so hard at this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/04R6ncvaquU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9IzNFu1N-vY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
In the interest of being fair and balanced, here are some pro-rock rasslin morons:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_2NW29C2zrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2_a_UZs3HbY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i8ATVk9ZbqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ultra Peanut
04-02-2012, 01:58 PM
I feel bad that I'm laughing so hard at this:
Someone on another forum was talking about how her <10 year old kid called the DB-Sheamus booking "total poop." Kids rule.

NJChiefsFan
04-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Classic LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6VuL8kLz8HA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh.....my....word..... The best is the mothers comment right after the result.ROFL

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Might be fun to do some predictions for tonight.

I'm thinking either Rock or Johnny Ace opens the show. I'm hoping Rock, because the crowd will pop huge with "Do you smell..." But I expect it to be Johnny Ace.

Cena will completely no-sell his loss last night, proving for the 47498th time that wins and losses don't matter in the WWE.

We're leading towards a Cena-Rock rematch at Summerslam, which will in turn lead toward Rock's match at next year's mania, against who I know not.

CM Punk and Jericho will have a rematch tonight that's better than last night's match, or will be involved in some kind of bizarre tag-team match (Punk/Sheamus and Jericho/Bryan?).

Zach Ryder will be made to look like a fool yet again. And I won't care yet again. Because I've never liked Zach Ryder. Not even for a second.

Miz will be wonderfully smarmy tonight, but I don't think they're ready to start giving him wins yet (or ever). Expect him to lose to R-Truth or something random.

I don't think we'll see Batista, but Lesnar will return tonight, interrupting something between HHH and the Undertaker, leading to HHH/Lesnar at Summerslam and Taker/Lesnar in Taker's retirement match at next year's mania. Which I think is a terrible idea. Taker should stop at 20-0. And I don't think anybody should end the streak.

There will be some divas garbage I won't care about.

There won't be the epic feeling from last year with the Rock announcing the match a year out, and the whole program will leave us wondering why we watch rasslin for the 578th time in the last year.

I don't actually expect any of that to be right. I'm just throwing poop at the wall.

BryanBusby
04-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Anyone who thinks it was a mistake for the Rock to win last night should listen to this crowd

Al Bundy
04-02-2012, 07:17 PM
The Rock started it off.

58kcfan89
04-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Rock wants to be WWE Champion.

Punk is the current WWE Champion.

Please, Jesus, let this happen. PLEASE.

Jamie
04-02-2012, 07:21 PM
The operative word in that promo was "someday".

58kcfan89
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
The operative word in that promo was "someday".

Yes. But there's a chance. That's all I need right now until Cena ruins the whole main event scene again.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Rock wants to be WWE Champion.

Punk is the current WWE Champion.

Please, Jesus, let this happen. PLEASE.It would be nice, but I don't see Punk holding the title much longer. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if he lost it tonight. Although I expect him to lose it at the next PPV. Which just happens to be in Chicago.

58kcfan89
04-02-2012, 07:25 PM
It would be nice, but I don't see Punk holding the title much longer. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if he lost it tonight. Although I expect him to lose it at the next PPV. Which just happens to be in Chicago.

Agreed, but dammit, Rock-Punk needs to happen....

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:28 PM
I love all the 'yes' chants. I hope to christ Danielson's on the program.

Ultra Peanut
04-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I just got home from picking up weed so I missed the YES YES YES chants, but this crowd seems awesome.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Well, the plus side of this match is that I hopefully won't have to see Santino again for the next 90 minutes.

Looks like no Lesnar, unless he's being hidden from people backstage.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:35 PM
I just got home from picking up weed. This crowd seems awesome.The opening Rock segment was as hot crowd-wise as anything I've seen in a long time.

Sassy Squatch
04-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Thank god Clay is finally going to feud with someone..

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:40 PM
A-Train time.

Ultra Peanut
The opening Rock segment was as hot crowd-wise as anything I've seen in a long time.Yeah, just from the snippet I've seen with everyone chanting for Brodus, it sounds like an early-00s crowd.

I'm excited for this Albert thing, for some reason. Why I have faith is beyond me, but oh well. Ahahahaha awesome, he's squashing Alex Riley.

"The Japanese characters on his skull... we're told they're Japanese phrases."

keg in kc
I wonder how shocked people will be when it turns out to be a white dude.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Ahaha, Alex Riley.

58kcfan89
04-02-2012, 07:45 PM
"The Japanese characters on his skull... we're told they're Japanese phrases."

ROFL

King: "Oooh, squashed."

This crowd is fucking amazing.

Sassy Squatch
04-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Damn, he is fat.

keg in kc
There's going to be 'yes!' chants all night. LMAO

keg in kc
I do like a finish without a pin. Like Riley just said 'fuck this' and gave up.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:47 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your WWE champion...at the mid-point of the show. Again.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I like that they're playing up how important this was to Cena. Hopefully he doesn't just come out laughing and shrugging.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Punk coming out first?

BryanBusby
04-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, your WWE champion...at the mid-point of the show. Again.

Either Cena is turning heel or is going to get crushed by Lesnar for the main event

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Well, at least he didn't lose in 18 seconds.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Another 'yes' chant ROFL

BryanBusby
04-02-2012, 07:59 PM
This crowd has been hot all night

lol'ing at the sexual chocolate chant

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 07:59 PM
So, Jericho interference coming?

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 08:01 PM
This crowd's making this show great.

Reaper16
Unfortunately, this crowd chanting "Yes!" all night is just going to make Vince hate Bryan more.

58kcfan89
"YES" chants are amazing.

Al Bundy
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Cena should go completely heel.

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately, this crowd chanting "Yes!" all night is just going to make Vince hate Bryan more.Yep.

Reaper16
04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm so happy to see the 2011 dominant Mark Henry again. I want that Henry around for good.

keg in kc
I wish the crowd had been this hot for Jericho/Punk last night, but I'll take what I can get.

58kcfan89
Cena should go completely away.

FYP.

BryanBusby
I guess "YES!" is the new "WHAT?!?"

keg in kc
04-02-2012, 08:04 PM
I guess "YES!" is the new "WHAT?!?"I hope so. I don't think I hate anything as much as that "what" shit.

Imagine a bryan/austin program with split 'yes'/'what' crowds LMAO

BryanBusby
04-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Maybe we'll get undertaker stopping himself in mid-promo again, "you know, say YES if you like to sleep with your sister"

"YE..........oh......"