PDA

View Full Version : **** You Travis Johnson...

Buck
10-07-2007, 10:49 PM
This is football crybaby, get over it. :deevee: :deevee: :deevee: :deevee:

Third Eye
10-07-2007, 10:52 PM
In all fairness, it was a cheapshot. We as chiefs fans like to talk about the donks dirty chopblocking, but what Trent did was illegal too.

Buck
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
In all fairness, it was a cheapshot. We as chiefs fans like to talk about the donks dirty chopblocking, but what Trent did was illegal too.

Its illegal even if its in front of the defender?

SBK
10-07-2007, 10:54 PM
If Trent could have he would have stood up and slammed Travis down and took a dump in his facemask for yelling at him when he was passed out.

Third Eye
10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
You cannot block below the waist outside the box without engaging above the waist first.

Buck
10-07-2007, 10:56 PM
You cannot block below the waist outside the box without engaging above the waist first.

Oh, either way, how the hell would he expect a QB to know that?

pr_capone
10-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh, either way, how the hell would he expect a QB to know that?

Erm.... Trent is a 14 year vet. If ANYONE should know the rules by know it should be him.

Valiant
10-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Erm.... Trent is a 14 year vet. If ANYONE should know the rules by know it should be him.

QB vs. Dlineman which is running full speed.. Only way to take them out is go at their legs.. Trent just didn't get low enough... And his head took the punishment...

mrub4
10-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I liked Olberman's little tribute to Johnson during halftime in the CHI@GB game

pr_capone
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
QB vs. Dlineman which is running full speed.. Only way to take them out is go at their legs.. Trent just didn't get low enough... And his head took the punishment...

Meh... at 86 years old, Trent should not be trying to take out the opposing team's water boy much less a D-Lineman.

All he needs to do is get in the way and hope that is enough for his team mate to break a run.

Gotta hand it to him though.... that old man has more heart than most players with an Arrowhead on their helmet.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Really wasn't much different TG could've done without getting killed. I do see what the DL is saying and really not upset at his comments as I probably would've done the same thing if I had gotten blocked like that.

I would've been happy as hell his ass was knocked out while thinking, "that's what his ass gets".

I know... I'm the devil and all but a knock out to a football player is nothing. It's a violent game and they probably look at knock outs as trophies or something with bragging rights.

Buck
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
What Trent did today was nothing compared to Tom Nalen last year.

Third Eye
10-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Perhaps, but it is still illegal. Any WR or RB will know this, as should any QB. Cutblocking is only legal within the tacklebox, and then it is only legal if only one person is engaging the defender, otherwise it becomes a chopblock. The way players are taught to do this (outside the box) is to engage the waist and then slide down to the knees. Johnson's reaction is classless, but cutblocks end careers.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
Johnson's reaction is classless, but JUSTIFIED

Buck
09-22-2009, 12:20 AM
This is funny because Travis Johnson is now a Charger.

Buck
09-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Heh, I just noticed I have 2 threads on the front page where I was telling someone Fuck You. I'm gonna go look through all my old threads.