PDA

View Full Version : LJ is not getting enough carries.

Logical
10-07-2007, 11:11 PM
I was never an LJ supporter but now that we have paid the man he needs to be getting more carries than he did today. Only 9 carries is just stupid, he will never get going with less than 10 carries in a game.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I was never an LJ supporter but now that we have paid the man he needs to be getting more carries than he did today. Only 9 carries is just stupid, he will never get going with less than 10 carries in a game.

You're being fecetious right? :spock:

ArrowheadHawk
10-07-2007, 11:12 PM
well the offense needs to get more plays we let them convert third downs way too many times plus we need to be playing with the lead, i predict if we ever play with the lead in the first half that LJ will go off.

Hootie
10-07-2007, 11:13 PM
I would've loved to see a 28 carry, 31 yard performance!

Then we could've piled on Damon some more!

Halfcan
10-07-2007, 11:13 PM
More carries wold just cut into his pouting and helmet throwing time.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM

Then we could've piled on SOLARI some more!

chiefforlife
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
It didnt look like LJ wanted more carries. He didnt want the ones he got.

wutamess
10-07-2007, 11:18 PM
It didnt look like LJ wanted more carries. He didnt want the ones he got.

:stupid:

Hootie
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM
I want to see LJ go off on the coaching staff again...I really do...I want this one to be far worse than any of his rants...they deserve it. **** SOLARI!

BWillie
10-07-2007, 11:25 PM
When you are down the entire game what do ya do?

Hootie
10-07-2007, 11:27 PM
When you are down the entire game what do ya do?
bring in BackFoot Panic Heave!

blueballs
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM
he should just stop going to the dentist

kcxiv
10-08-2007, 02:57 AM
bring in BackFoot Panic Heave!
Better then having Huard throw a swing pass that cant even reach the receiver.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 03:14 AM
The offense cant sustain a drive long enough for him to get those carries and get in any type of rhythm.

a1na2
10-08-2007, 05:13 AM

Then we could've piled on Damon some more!

Now we know:

HOOTIE HAS A MAN CRUSH ON HUARD!!

boogblaster
10-08-2007, 06:40 AM
LJ has to have more than 9 per.. Maybe when Croyle is inserted the deep threat will open up the run .....

HonestChieffan
10-08-2007, 07:08 AM
He should try gaining something, showing he cares, and get involved in a positive way. Till Priest gets back.

patteeu
10-08-2007, 07:14 AM

You've got to be kidding. Did you see the game?

The team can't afford to throw away downs on unproductive carries just to get LJ's numbers up. If it takes him 15 carries before he can "get going", that's 5 three and outs. No thanks.

HonestChieffan
10-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Maybe he could try running for an hour in traffic before game so we dont have to wait till he warms up

jidar
10-08-2007, 07:25 AM
Maybe he could try running for an hour in traffic before game so we dont have to wait till he warms up

ROFL

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Did you see the carries? He is running in mud, a high school girl could knock him off of his feet. He got his money. Thankfully Priest will be back after next week.

HonestChieffan
10-08-2007, 07:43 AM
For those who feel lil Larry could be better, try running sometime with your head in your ass.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 07:49 AM
LJ has to have more than 9 per.. Maybe when Croyle is inserted the deep threat will open up the run .....
That is exactly what will happen. They will have to defend the whole field again.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 07:50 AM
For those who feel lil Larry could be better, try running sometime with your head in your ass.

ROFL

Bwana
10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
From what I viewed yesterday, his heart isn't in the game and he seems to have an, I don't give a shit attitude. Yeah, Yeah, the line blows, but the guy has given up. He is running at half speed and running out of bounds to avoid contact. His little sideline temper tantrums and helmet tossing acts have also grown old. Larry has regressed from one of the best running backs in the NFL, to a highly overpaid millionaire crybaby and a complete pain in the ass that has quit on the team.

Hoover
10-08-2007, 08:04 AM
We need to pass to open up the running game. That first drive was great. Wilson, TG, Parker all caught nice passes and moved the ball.

We have to show teams we don't have to rely on LJ to score. Until we do that, they will continue to focus on the run. I'm looking forward ot Brodie next Sunday.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
From what I viewed yesterday, his heart isn't in the game and he seems to have an, I don't give a shit attitude. Yeah, Yeah, the line blows, but the guy has given up. He is running at half speed and running out of bounds to avoid contact. His little sideline temper tantrums and helmet tossing acts have also grown old. Larry has regressed from one of the best running backs in the NFL, to a highly overpaid millionaire crybaby and a complete pain in the ass that has quit on the team.

Sad but True.
Also, for those that blame the line, I would suggest Larry should try and schmooze them a little. He got the money, buy them dinner or something. Maybe they just don't like his ass or his attitude.

RedThat
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM

No doubt about it, I believe the man has character issues.

That's a huge problem for this team right now. Every time I watch him on the sidelines he looks on a downer most of the time. I agree with you, his head is just not in it.

And his frustrations isn't going to make him better. I think DV knew all about this.

Mr. Plow
10-08-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't want to start a new thread on this.......

Anyone else think LJ is running passive when he runs? Too much juking and not enough full steam ahead running....

patteeu
10-08-2007, 08:43 AM

Anyone else think LJ is running passive when he runs? Too much juking and not enough full steam ahead running....

Too much ballerina, not enough beast. I've been saying that for a while now.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Too much ballerina, not enough beast. I've been saying that for a while now.

Me too, when Frazod was over for the Vikings game. I told Tim LJ was doing exactly what you describe.
Also, I can not believe how easy they are tackling him. How can a CB, with one arm, bring him down? It has been happening on a regular basis.

Molitoth
10-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Me too, when Frazod was over for the Vikings game. I told Tim LJ was doing exactly what you describe.
Also, I can not believe how easy they are tackling him. How can a CB, with one arm, bring him down? It has been happening on a regular basis.

Ya, I have been bitching at this also...

Yesterday he got tackled by one ankle by a cornerback...

As soon as he gets the ball he stops and jukes around. Granted there are no holes but damn man do something to earn those bucks.

Watch Jones-Drew's run how there was no hole so he bounced to the outside.

bobbything
10-08-2007, 09:09 AM
All I know is that Larry Johnson is supposed to be the superstar on this team. At some point, when things aren't going well, he needs to step up and make a play. The line sucks. We get that. But, every now and then, the great players make something out of nothing and put the team on their back(s). He's being paid too much money to be throwing his helmet and dodging interviews.

I've seen no indication that Larry Johnson wants, nor has the ability, to stand up and put the team on his back every now and then. Maybe all he was was a product of a good system.

Iowanian
10-08-2007, 09:42 AM
If LJ would put forth a little more effort, thereby gaining more first downs....he'd get more carries.

Chicken, or the egg?

Barry Sanders played behind an aweful Oline his entire career....and he managed to get some yards.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 09:45 AM
LJ is getting too many carries ......... they need to sit his ass on the bench and put somebody in that will run with intensity.

hell ... bennett can gain 12 yards

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
LJ is getting too many carries ......... they need to sit his ass on the bench and put somebody in that will run with intensity.

hell ... bennett can gain 12 yards

Kolby Smith looked the hungriest in his very few chances yesterday IMO. I am so sick of seeing this scenerio, over and over. Get Rich-Get Spoiled and Lazy.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Kolby Smith looked the hungriest in his very few chances yesterday IMO. I am so sick of seeing this scenerio, over and over. Get Rich-Get Spoiled and Lazy.
yep ...... i'd like to see how Derrick Ross would do.

He brings power and intensity .... something we haven't seen from LJ lately.

and how about using our blocking fullback a few times to see what happens.

svuba
10-08-2007, 10:40 AM

Larry has taken the whole "wait for your blockers" - "Be a patient runner" thing WAY too literally. Dude NEVER steps on the gas. He plays with zero intesity. In short Larry needs to stop chewing bublegum, and start kicking A$$.

Also this theory of LJ needing 20 carries to get in a rhythum is BS this team cannot feed the ball to LJ all game just so he can wake up in the 4th quarter.

chagrin
10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Also this theory of LJ needing 20 carries to get in a rhythum is BS this team cannot feed the ball to LJ all game just so he can wake up in the 4th quarter.

If all RB's simply had a switch and could turn on and off on a whim, 100% of them would be Barry Sanders HOF'ers. They do need more carries to build the momentum. I understand in this day and age people want "everything right now" but RB's need carries - plain and simple.

Action x frequency = results

Plus we were only down 10 friggin points for most of the game, in most cases like this, teams don't need to get pass happy down by a mere 10 points - obviously Huard and Herm don't get it, but whatever.

patteeu
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Ya, I have been bitching at this also...

Yesterday he got tackled by one ankle by a cornerback...

As soon as he gets the ball he stops and jukes around. Granted there are no holes but damn man do something to earn those bucks.

Watch Jones-Drew's run how there was no hole so he bounced to the outside.

Yeah, there was one play when Jones-Drew looked like he'd been trapped and engulfed by at least 3 penatrating Chiefs defensive linemen, but damned if he didn't come out of the downfield side of the pile carrying the only Chiefs player that managed to hang on to him for another 4 or 5 yards before he finally went down. He didn't have a hole on that play, but he didn't pussyfoot around and go down without much fight either.

Logical
10-08-2007, 11:13 AM

Very valid point

patteeu
10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
If all RB's simply had a switch and could turn on and off on a whim, 100% of them would be Barry Sanders HOF'ers. They do need more carries to build the momentum. I understand in this day and age people want "everything right now" but RB's need carries - plain and simple.

Plus we were only down 10 friggin points for most of the game, in most cases like this, teams don't need to get pass happy down by a mere 10 points - obviously Huard and Herm don't get it, but whatever.

It's OK if a RB needs his team to be patient with 15 or 20 three yard gains before he starts ripping the other team for 5, 10, or 15 at a time, but when LJ is only getting 0 or 1 consistently, the team can't afford to feed him too regularly.

Chief Nute
10-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Maybe all he was was a product of a good system.

You said it bud........And what I have said all along.

I moaned and groaned all offseason hoping to hell that they would trade his ass. Everyone said.....oh yea, lets trade our best player, that should help!

Bottomline.....and this season has been proof....a running back is NOTHING unless you have a good line to block for you. A running back simply cannot put up numbers behind a line that cant make even the smallest of holes. We would be better off using Michael Bennett since he is at least fast....and could maybe make something out of nothing (which by the way is what the line creates...NOTHING)

The writing was on the wall last year...and the reason LJ put up numbers last year was because he got the ball 5 million times. We still could have gotten something decent for LJ. But not now......now we are stuck.

We may want to pull some tapes from some Green Bay games this year. They have no running game, but they manage to make it work with short passes as a substitute for the run, then occasionally they throw deep to keep it honest. We have play makers that can run. Lets throw those little side passes to Bowe and let him make people miss. Lets get quick passes out to TG.....lets run those little quick block then flat patterns for running back......then try a deep out for EK or Bowe. Got to be creative too.....and we dont have that either.

Frustrating......and I understand why LJ throws his helmet around.....I would too. I would throw my helmet, but I have to settle for a remote.

PastorMikH
10-08-2007, 11:44 AM
If we had given LJ 15 caries he might have got 20 yards rushing.

FWIW, LJ would have more carries if he took the carries had had further downfield. It's hard to give him more caries when we are 3 and out. Get some first downs, and there would be more snaps to give him the ball.

Personally I was happy to see him yanked yesterday.

splatbass
10-08-2007, 11:45 AM

This place is hilarious. A couple of weeks ago people were whining that we were running the ball too much and that we needed to open up the passing game. Yesterday we did exactly that and now people are whining that we aren't running enough. :banghead:

What a fickle bunch we have on CP.

noa
10-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Sadly, I though Fred Taylor looked like a better runner than LJ yesterday. Granted, he had more holes and more room to work with, but he looked more explosive than LJ. LJ just seems to put his head down, run into the pile, and try to pick up 2-3 yards.