PDA

View Full Version : An eye opening weekend for me.

ChiTown
10-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Well, I was at the KU v KSU game in Manhattan on Saturday, and watched our little streak over KU go down in flames. First and foremost, I want to say congrats to the KU fans that were in attendance. You were loud, courteous during the game and very gracious after the game. Your team came to play, and I don't have a problem saying that your are a far better "team" than KSU. You were better prepared, better coached, and had better athletes than KSU. It was pretty simple, yet pretty blatant that your Program is in much better shape than ours. I've gained a new respect for your team and your fans. Congrats and best of luck the rest of the way.

Second, I went to the J'Ville v Chiefs game yesterday. I took my kids to the game and we had a GREAT TIME! Yes, our team couldn't have sucked any worse than we did. Yes, the crowd was taken out of the game within the first series after the missed FG and the first J-Ville series, but there's nothing better being at the ballgame, especially with your kids. The worst part about that game was the fact that our "fans" started exiting out of the stadium with 13+ minutes left in the game, after we punted the ball down 10. WTF? My son's and I? We stayed 'til the Croyle to Parker TD. There must have been a couple thousand of us left. We jumped around and laughed like we won the friggen Super Bowl.

Why write any of this? Because, I think I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Don't take yourself or your team so seriously. If you can't have fun with watching your teams play, why even get involved. Am I mad that my teams lost? You bet. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to let it ruin my weekend. I found a silver lining in both my teams losses - maybe some of you should do the same.

I'm off to Chicago for the week. Try not to kill yourselves! :p

Dartgod
10-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, I was at the KU v KSU game in Manhattan on Saturday, and watched our little streak over KU go down in flames. First and foremost, I want to say congrats to the KU fans that were in attendance. You were loud, courteous during the game and very gracious after the game. Your team came to play, and I don't have a problem saying that your are a far better "team" than KSU. You were better prepared, better coached, and had better athletes than KSU. It was pretty simple, yet pretty blatant that your Program is in much better shape than ours. I've gained a new respect for your team and your fans. Congrats and best of luck the rest of the way.

Second, I went to the J'Ville v Chiefs game yesterday. I took my kids to the game and we had a GREAT TIME! Yes, our team couldn't have sucked any worse than we did. Yes, the crowd was taken out of the game within the first series after the missed FG and the first J-Ville series, but there's nothing better being at the ballgame, especially with your kids. The worst part about that game was the fact that our "fans" started exiting out of the stadium with 13+ minutes left in the game, after we punted the ball down 10. WTF? My son's and I? We stayed 'til the Croyle to Parker TD. There must have been a couple thousand of us left. We jumped around and laughed like we won the friggen Super Bowl.

Why write any of this? Because, I think I learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Don't take yourself or your team so seriously. If you can't have fun with watching your teams play, why even get involved. Am I mad that my teams lost? You bet. But, I'll be damned if I'm going to let it ruin my weekend. I found a silver lining in both my teams losses - maybe some of you should do the same.

I'm off to Chicago for the week. Try not to kill yourselves! :p
Well put. We stayed until the very end as well. We were high-fiving everyone that was left around us (not many!).

I learned a few years ago not to take this stuff so seriously. I still struggle with it at times, but I recover from losses much, much quicker than I used to.

Sfeihc
10-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Great post Chitown, that's what it really is all about.

StcChief
10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Just ask them if they leave a movie early

Simplex3
10-08-2007, 08:06 AM
[QUOTE=ChiTown]We stayed 'til the Croyle to Parker TD. There must have been a couple thousand of us left. We jumped around and laughed like we won the friggen Super Bowl./QUOTE]
Carl might not want to believe it, but if Croyle keeps starting I just might go to a game this year.

MeaTy The Pimp
Although, I am better about it than I used to be, I still get a little grumpy when the Chiefs lose. That being said, congrats on finding the silver lining, and having a good time with your youngins...

...now I am off to mope around work some more.

HonestChieffan
As a life long Cub fan, I learned that lesson about 53 years ago...Glad you had fun and great you took the kids.

Simplex3
Just ask them if they leave a movie early
I do if it sucks. I've already wasted the money, no point in also wasting the time.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I learned a few years ago not to take this stuff so seriously.

Yep,we left the game on the big screen until about 6 minutes to go but finally had to put it on one of the small tv's because there were a couple of other games that got real interesting.

Lzen
10-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks, ChiTown. I was also at the KU/KSU game on Saturday. It was a great day. I wouldn't necessarily say that our team or program is way better than KSU. But it is obvious that the days of KSU domination are way behind us. :) The KSU fans around us were courteous for the most part.

As for the Chiefs fans.....hey, I don't blame them. I would have done the same thing. Carl needs to see fans walking out on this team in order for him to realize that this crap isn't gonna cut it. I was disgusted with it. I watched on TV until the end of the game (I guess I'm a glutton for punishment). Still, I don't think I would have stuck around if I were at Arrowhead yesterday. I have been to many games at Arrowhead and I can think of only 1 time that I walked out early. It was 1996 against the Chargers. Bono (the original Huard) was playing like poop. The Chiefs were down 28-0 late in the 3rd. It was bitter cold. The crowd started chanting "Gannon, Gannon, Gannon" as we were leaving.

wutamess
10-08-2007, 08:18 AM
I would've left too.

If the Chiefs are going to put a product out there performing that badly... THEY need to know that we're not going to take the 17 years of the five year plan any longer.

They PAY BIG $ for their tickets and get what? A 6-10 season that gets shutout @ home while only rushing for 10 yards while it takes 3 fuggin qtrs to get the D. Bowe showing going while your stud highly paid RB runs out of bounds instead of going head up with a DB?

Got a little carried away but you get the point.

Dartgod
10-08-2007, 08:22 AM
The rain had plenty to do with people leaving as well.

ChiTown
about leaving early......

You have already paid for your ticket, so you might as well stay, and boo to let them really know what you think. I don't know, that's just me. The folks that really made a statement were the thousands of fans that never made it to their seats on Sunday. It was pretty obvious we were well short of a fan attendance sell-out.

Saulbadguy
I'm over all of it already. Looking forward to this weekend. It's obvious both of my teams are in rebuilding mode, but I like the direction of both of them.

The silver lining is the Huskers and the Broncos got their asses beat, so i'll take that. :)

Saulbadguy

You have already paid for your ticket, so you might as well stay, and boo to let them really know what you think. I don't know, that's just me. The folks that really made a statement were the thousands of fans that never made it to their seats on Sunday. It was pretty obvious we were well short of a fan attendance sell-out.
Eh, it was raining. I don't blame em.

Dartgod
10-08-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm over all of it already. Looking forward to this weekend. It's obvious both of my teams are in rebuilding mode, but I like the direction of both of them.

The silver lining is the Huskers and the Broncos got their asses beat, so i'll take that. :)
I have no silver lining.

Huskers lost? Check
Chiefs lost? Check
Lost fantasy football against the only winless team in our league? Check...

:doh!:

RockChalk
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM

i didn't feel like watching that crapfest (the last 11 minutes) in the rain. so I exited after the Jags last TD. i think that was the most pathetic offensive performance I've seen at Arrowhead in 13 years.

the defense was nothing to write home about either. Surtain and Law suck and that cannot be argued.

wutamess
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM

ok... All 70+K boo till the end and then get stuck in the traffic jam at the end of the game getting pissed off even more. I'd rather leave early.

hawkchief
10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Steps 1 and 2 in removing Carl were implemented yesterday - 1) the sell-out string in over, Step 2 occured when most of those who did attend left in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Step 3 is the upcoming blackouts the we undoubtedly will be treated to over the next couple of months.

Take note, Clark. It's time.

Rasputin
10-08-2007, 08:41 AM
I stayed and had fun at the game. I don't get to go to too manny games that was problaby it for me this year so I soaked the game up as much as I could. I cheered, I booed, and I yelled as loud as I could on D well into the 4 Q and people were staring at me like I was crazy.

I witnessed Croyle become the starting QB and score his first NFL TD :) .

I had a blast this weekend in KC & now I am on vacation.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 08:49 AM

:doh!:

Ouch.

That's the only thing keeping me in good spirits this season,doing great in all 3 of my FF money leagues.

TEX
10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Steps 1 and 2 in removing Carl were implemented yesterday - 1) the sell-out string in over, Step 2 occured when most of those who did attend left in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Step 3 is the upcoming blackouts the we undoubtedly will be treated to over the next couple of months.

Take note, Clark. It's time.

:clap:

Dartgod
10-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Ouch.

That's the only thing keeping me in good spirits this season,doing great in all 3 of my FF money leagues.
I've got a good team, just had a bad week. I've averaged around 110+ in all my games so far, but only have 60 with one player to go (J. Whitten) tonight. I'm actually ahead by 11 going into tonight, but my opponent has P. Crayton, J. Jones and the Dallas kicker.

Pitt Gorilla
10-08-2007, 09:11 AM
I have no silver lining.

Huskers lost? Check
Chiefs lost? Check

:doh!:I have a difficult time seeing the Huskers' loss as anything but positive.

InChiefsHeaven
10-08-2007, 09:15 AM
If I had been at the game, I would not have left. Like someone else said, you paid for your ticket, might as well stick around. Hell, it's your chance at a free upgrade, you can go sit anywhere in the stadium you want to!

teedubya
10-08-2007, 09:18 AM
heh. yeah, we stayed to see the Croyle - Parker TD also. I only wish it had been to D Bowe.

We also high-fived. Good times.

Glad you had a good time with your kids Chitown.