PDA

View Full Version : Telling Croyle Quote

melbar
10-08-2007, 11:03 AM
Brodie Croyle:
" You don’t want to go out there and hope we get a field goal or hope you get some good field position. It’s a matter of going out there and wanting to score. If we do that, maybe we can build on it.”

Sounds to me like the frustration with the Offensive philosophy is dominating the whole locker room. Nobody is buying what Herm is selling. This quote pretty much sums up Herms offensive mindset.

KCJohnny
10-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Bad Brodie.
He must have snuck into the vaults and looked at those nasty tapes from 2002-2005. Arena League!

Sure-Oz
10-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I want our QB with that mentallity, lets see what he can do this week

BigRedChief
10-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Brodie Croyle:
" You don’t want to go out there and hope we get a field goal or hope you get some good field position. It’s a matter of going out there and wanting to score. If we do that, maybe we can build on it.”

Sounds to me like the frustration with the Offensive philosophy is dominating the whole locker room. Nobody is buying what Herm is selling. This quote pretty much sums up Herms offensive mindset.
Posting a quote without providing a link is bad form. Post the link.

KCJohnny
10-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Posting a quote without providing a link is bad form. Post the link.

Its in the KC Star. He said it on Metro Sports.

chiefqueen
10-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Don't worry........Herm and Solari will get to him by Sunday.

Tribal Warfare
10-08-2007, 11:28 AM
Its in the KC Star. He said it on Metro Sports.

post the article then

kcxiv
10-08-2007, 11:34 AM
Yeah, unless you have the 85 Bears of 2000 Ravens defense its not going to work out for you. You gotta be able to score and score fast if you can.

ChiefsGirl
10-08-2007, 11:37 AM
post the article then
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/307770.html

DFB
10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm sure Damon felt the same way. And LJ. Everyone. Not just Brodie. The problem is this team is not built for what Herm wants to do with it. This is a pass first team that Herm is trying to make into a grind-it-out field position, ball control team. And weeks 1, 2, 5, and the first halves of weeks 3 & 4 show that will not work.

Chris Meck
10-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I think you're right. I think you have to utilize the talent you have, and our line doesn't fit the maul-ball profile. Too small. We're going to have to pass to open the run.

Oh Snap
10-08-2007, 01:43 PM
I want our QB with that mentallity, lets see what he can do this week
No better time then to start him then against a team thats defense is giving up 400+ yards a game and 32 pts.

If there was a time to start him, it would be against the bungles.

Hootie
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
If Brodie can't tear up the Bengals defense, we have some problems...

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm sure Damon felt the same way. And LJ. Everyone. Not just Brodie. The problem is this team is not built for what Herm wants to do with it. This is a pass first team that Herm is trying to make into a grind-it-out field position, ball control team. And weeks 1, 2, 5, and the first halves of weeks 3 & 4 show that will not work.

Why are people bitching about the playcalling yesterday? We did NOT try to run buttsex offense yesterday. We were throwing the rock all over the place.

We just ran into a great defense. When you have a poor offensive line, shit like yesterday happens.

noa
10-08-2007, 01:48 PM
Why are people bitching about the playcalling yesterday? We did NOT try to run buttsex offense yesterday. We were throwing the rock all over the place.

We just ran into a great defense. When you have a poor offensive line, shit like yesterday happens.

I think there was some bad playcalling. That possession where LJ had two decent runs on first and second down, so on 3rd and two, we decided to try our luck one more time and were denied. End of possession. That would have been the perfect time for a play action or misdirection play, but instead it just became another 3 and out drive.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 01:49 PM
I think there was some bad playcalling. That possession where LJ had two decent runs on first and second down, so on 3rd and two, we decided to try our luck one more time and were denied. End of possession. That would have been the perfect time for a play action or misdirection play, but instead it just became another 3 and out drive.

Yeah that was really my only complaint. That was horrible.

But the rest of the time...we were throwing, throwing, throwing. Christ, we only had 10 runs all game.

Hootie
10-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, but if we passed the ball everyone would've bitched we didn't run it...

I thought the play-calling was piss poor ONLY because we were killing drives TRYING to run the ball when we obviously couldn't...

But Solari, like Huard, is in a lose-lose situation on this board.

Personally, I think Solari sucks...

Micjones
10-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Playcalling was bad in certain spots, but overall I think we just shot ourselves in the foot getting behind by two possessions...again. AND...We ran into a pretty good defense.

Eventually you'll run into a team who won't let you back into the game with turnovers. At some point you have to get off to a good start early in a game.

I like the fact that Brodie's "thinking 6".
He should be. This team should be a pass-oriented offense.
That's what we're best suited for.

BigRedChief
10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah that was really my only complaint. That was horrible.

But the rest of the time...we were throwing, throwing, throwing. Christ, we only had 10 runs all game.
Yes, but we were throwing 2-6 yard pass's not throwing the ball downfield to Tony G and Bowe so they could make a play.

RedThat
10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Brodie Croyle:

Sweet...Love that approach by Brodie, good way of thinking. It's too bad the head coach doesn't think that way.

RedThat
10-08-2007, 02:22 PM

Excellent point.

And this is what also equates to the problem we have on offense. Part of me is lead to believe Herm's mindset is fixated on his offensive philosophy to the point where he is negating and failing to utilize the core strength of the team on offense. That is passing.

I think were a better passing team right now. Hate to say it. It's true. We're better at pass protecting than run blocking. We have excellent options in the passing game. And when we use them they come through! Why not utilize those strengths a lot more? The only way the running game is going to open up is if teams respect the pass more.

It just goes to show, if you take advantage of your team strength a lot more, it can improve on an area of weakness. I just think Herm is too stubborn with this philosophy, and not smart enough to stick with what was working.