Bungles favored by 3.

Wow.

:shake:

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:26 PM
:eek:

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 12:27 PM
That's absolute lunacy. We finally get a break this week. Cincy has the NFL's worst defense. We've been facing the Chicago's, Minnesota's and Jacksonville's of the world.

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:28 PM
but jax was 26th against the run. and we got 10 yds.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
but jax was 26th against the run. and we got 10 yds.

Jacksonville's run defense ranking was skewed by a Week 1 aberration. They shut down Atlanta and Denver the two weeks before they played us. Don't fool yourself. They have a great run defense.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Law get Johnson or Whosyourmomma?

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Well, they were on a bye week. You don't suppose they might have watched how Jacksonville attacked us yesterday, do you?
I know their defense is very poor, but until yesterday, I thought our defense would shut them down.
If Ty Law has to play ten yards off of #85, we are ****ed.

Stinger
10-08-2007, 12:30 PM
That's absolute lunacy. We finally get a break this week.

LMAO

You do relize that Cincy is thinking the same thing. "We are only 3 points fav against this Offense"?

Wile_E_Coyote
10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
bring billyclubs, taszers & mace

noa
10-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Yes Cincy has a bad defense, but their offense should have its way with us. Jacksonville did a good job of exposing weaknesses yesterday.

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:33 PM
law was terrible yesterday

Mr. Plow
Bungles favored by 3.

Wow.

:shake:

Only 3 huh? I would have expected 13 or so. They must not be expecting the Bengals to get their offense going.

OnTheWarpath15
Only 3 point dogs?

After watching the 28th ranked offense tear our defense a new asshole at home?

After gaining a whopping 10 yards on the ground?

First NFL start for Croyle?

Cincinnati has got to be licking their chops.

Dartgod, be ready for a lot of this in the gambling thread:

Bengals (-3) $5000

StcChief
10-08-2007, 12:34 PM
just 3. Vegas is being kind

FringeNC
10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Jacksonville's run defense ranking was skewed by a Week 1 aberration. They shut down Atlanta and Denver the two weeks before they played us. Don't fool yourself. They have a great run defense.

Wow. They shut down Atlanta and Denver -- quite an accomplishment.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow. They shut down Atlanta and Denver -- quite an accomplishment.

Atlanta and Denver have always run the ball well.

Jacksonville will be in the top 5 in run defense at the end of the year. That kind of thing happens when you have Marcus Stroud, John Henderson and Mike Peterson playing in the middle of your defense.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
just 3. Vegas is being kind
Vegas is never kind. They are just reflecting what the bettors are doing.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Law get Johnson or Whosyourmomma?

Either one is going to light him up, unless he gets a lot of help IMO.

Was Ty Law calling out Page yesterday, for not being in the right places?

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Either one is going to light him up, unless he gets a lot of help IMO.

Was Ty Law calling out Paige yesterday, for not being in the right places?

law was calling out page because law kept getting beat LMAO

FringeNC
10-08-2007, 12:48 PM
KC is ranked #29 in the "pure points" Sagarin rankings. The only reason the spread isn't higher is that Cinci is not very good, either.

Herm Edwards inherited the #7 ranked team, and has morphed it into the #29 team. Great job, Herm.

CupidStunt
10-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Quit crying.

We just got abused at home. JUST like I said before the game: if/when Jacksonville wins, Vegas was completely right.

They'll be completely right again this week.

They could set the line at -10 and be right.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 12:51 PM

That is the way I saw it, but I am not an Xs and Os expert like some. I kept wondering, how in the hell he could be calling anyone out, but himself.
I thought I was going to pop a vessel in my brain, watching those long 3rd down conversions. That was truly what won the game for them.

MahiMike
10-08-2007, 12:52 PM
Herm must be lickin his chops for that defense. He's gonna go ARENA on them dudes! Rayner better get lots of rest.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 01:07 PM
After watching yesterdays abomination, what makes anyone think we deserve to be favored over anyone??

Chiefs_Fan
10-08-2007, 01:11 PM
Sucks to be dogs at home, but we deserve worse!

Dave Lane
10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
KC is ranked #29 in the "pure points" Sagarin rankings. The only reason the spread isn't higher is that Cinci is not very good, either.

Herm Edwards inherited the #7 ranked team, and has morphed it into the #29 team. Great job, Herm.

Did the same favor for the Jets...

Dave

Thig Lyfe
10-08-2007, 02:56 PM
That's absolute lunacy. We finally get a break this week. Cincy has the NFL's worst defense. We've been facing the Chicago's, Minnesota's and Jacksonville's of the world.

HOLY APOSTROPHE MISUSE, BATMAN!

Somebody get this man a copy editor.

Stinger
10-08-2007, 03:00 PM

He also did the reverse for the defense 6 in 1 half dozen in the other. I swear this is the most bi-polar team. Longest time all D no offense, then all Offense no D, now back to all D and no Off. They are going to have to start giving out motion sickness pills with all this major fluxuation. :cuss:

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Vegas is actually saying that Cincy is 6 points better than KC with homefield usually being 3,I'd say after yesterday that's quite kind and one has to think that Cincy offense is ready to open a can of whoopass on someone.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Vegas is actually saying that Cincy is 6 points better than KC with homefield usually being 3,I'd say after yesterday that's quite kind and one has to think that Cincy offense is ready to open a can of whoopass on someone.

Especially with two weeks to prepare.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 03:17 PM

heh,I just bumped that other thread about yesterday being a trap game.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Vegas sets an opening line and adjusts it as money comes in. Their goal is to have an equal amount of money on each side of the ball. That way they collect the vig and pay the winners with the losers money. So what the line is showing you is what bettors across the country think, not what Vegas thinks.

StcChief
10-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Vegas sets an opening line and adjusts it as money comes in. Their goal is to have an equal amount of money on each side of the ball. That way they collect the vig and pay the winners with the losers money. So what the line is showing you is what bettors across the country think, not what Vegas thinks.

That is a factor, but the Vegas adjustment doesn't move too far in pro football during regular season barring major injury etc on a given game.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 03:25 PM

I know how the system works Skip but the opening line has to be set first and for the Jags it opened at Jags -2 so they thought the Jags were 5 pts better than KC.

BillyDaleClanton
10-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Only 3 point dogs?

After watching the 28th ranked offense tear our defense a new asshole at home?

After gaining a whopping 10 yards on the ground?

First NFL start for Croyle?

Cincinnati has got to be licking their chops.

Dartgod, be ready for a lot of this in the gambling thread:

Bengals (-3) $5000

If you put some real money on the Chiefs this Sunday, you might be able to buy your wife a new rack.

Frazod
10-08-2007, 03:28 PM

Jacksonville got two weeks to prepare as well. Nice double knee to the groin after starting the season with three out of four on the road.

Somebody in scheduling sure as f#ck wanted us to start 1-5 and already be out of contention. 4321

Bob Dole
10-08-2007, 03:31 PM

He was calling him out because he kept biting on the play action and Law had to leave a cushion because he had no help over the top.

But go ahead and talk out your ass. It's probably entertaining to someone.

Nzoner
10-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Somebody in scheduling sure as f#ck wanted us to start 1-5 and already be out of contention. 4321

Kind of like playing against 16 guys ;)

I've seen more than a few games since our visit way back at that Houston game that had me thinking wtf,and last nights Green Bay game was definitely one of them.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Jacksonville got two weeks to prepare as well. Nice double knee to the groin after starting the season with three out of four on the road.

I have found myself wondering, who, amongst the owners, has all of the influence on the schedules now. I just wonder how that is done.
Do Jerry Jones and Rober Kraft get together to sign off on it?

I did notice that Jacksonville has three in a row on the road though, and they won both of their road games so far.

BillyDaleClanton
10-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I know how the system works Skip but the opening line has to be set first and for the Jags it opened at Jags -2 so they thought the Jags were 5 pts better than KC.

I hope ZZ Top shoves a guitar up your ass.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 03:41 PM
He was calling him out because he kept biting on the play action and Law had to leave a cushion because he had no help over the top.

That is the information I was looking for. So, Law was trying to cover for Page's mistake, which in turn made Law look like he was giving too much room to the receiver?
It wasn't due to the fact that Law was too slow to play up on the reciever?
The announcer mentioned a couple times that Jax thought they could take advantage of our Safties.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 03:43 PM
heh,I just bumped that other thread about yesterday being a trap game.

Yep it was, I just wiggled my ankle free. I have this thing about getting points at home. :banghead:

Frazod
10-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Kind of like playing against 16 guys ;)

I've seen more than a few games since our visit way back at that Houston game that had me thinking wtf,and last nights Green Bay game was definitely one of them.We know this goddamn league's all about money.

What is our fan base? Half of Missouri and half of Kansas, and small chunks of Oklahoma, Nebraska, Iowa and Arkansas. If that isn't the smallest base in the league, it's gotta be close. Missouri is certainly the least populous state to support two teams. We also have no sexy merchandise-pushing stars like Favre and Manning. And we're a long damn way from the east coast.

Honestly, I think the league intends us to be nothing more than cannon fodder with bright red jerseys that look flashy in other teams' highlights. Same reason we'll ALWAYS be half of the no-HD broadcast equivalent unless the other half of the game rates it. Less people, less money. It's a simple as that. That schedule was obviously designed to crush a shaky team into the ground from the word go.

We're pure flyover. It is our mission to fail.

Bob Dole
10-08-2007, 03:49 PM
I hope ZZ Top shoves a guitar up your ass.

Give your bullshit a rest or you're going to lose another account.

BillyDaleClanton
10-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Give your bullshit a rest or you're going to lose another account.

I will stop harassing members.

Meantime can you show me some nudies of Elizabeth when she was in her 20s? I always thought she was a hottie, even as a grandma.

Skip Towne
10-08-2007, 03:53 PM
We're the Washington Generals.

FalseStart
10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
We're the Washington Generals.

ROFL say it aint so!

CoMoChief
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if we get our asses kicked.

Cincy has a great offense, who can score on pretty much anyone not named the Pats, we have a QB starting his first real NFL game in which his limitations are gonna be like the playbooks on Tecmo Bowl.

Look for a lot of 2-3 yard passes to Wilson and LJ, and look for Cincy to bomb it downfield in which we won't be able to catch up because Herm ball doesn't allow us to.