PDA

View Full Version : Tom Nalen out for the season

chiefbowe82
10-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I didn't see this posted
Broncos center Nalen done for season with right biceps tear
Associated Press

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos center Tom Nalen tore his right biceps muscle and will be out for the season.

The five-time Pro Bowler was injured in the first quarter of a 41-3 loss to San Diego on Sunday, but kept playing.

Shanahan on Nalen

"Tom, I believe, is the best center to ever play the game. That’s what I really believe. He played the whole game with a torn bicep, and not many guys will do that. We couldn’t run inside running plays, just outside running plays, because he didn’t have any strength in there. That kind of gives you an idea of what kind of player he is. He was a captain and a great leader. He just said it was a little sore, but he knew he tore it early. That gives you a little idea about his mental toughness and what he brings to the table."

Broncos official site | Nalen's bio "We couldn't even run inside running plays, had to run outside running plays," coach Mike Shanahan said Monday. "He didn't have any strength in there. It kind of gives you an idea of what he's made of."

The Broncos also lost tight end Nate Jackson for the season with a torn groin. Cornerback Champ Bailey, who injured his left quadriceps against the Chargers, should be ready for the Pittsburgh game on Oct. 21. The Broncos have a bye this week.

"If we were playing this week, I don't think he'd be able to play," Shanahan said. "He should be fine for Pittsburgh."

Shanahan said he didn't want to discuss who would start in Nalen's place, saying filling the void will be difficult. Chris Myers is listed as the backup on the Broncos' depth chart.

"Tom, I believe, is the best center to ever play the game," Shanahan said of the 14-year veteran. "That's what I believe."

Nalen is expected to have surgery within a week and will be out for close to four months. Shanahan didn't think the injury was career ending. "He should be fine and ready to go next season," Shanahan said.

Nalen is the second starting offensive lineman to go down this season. The team lost guard Ben Hamilton to a concussion in training camp. He was placed on season-ending injured reserve on Sept. 28.

Nalen hasn't missed a start since tearing a ligament in his left knee against Kansas City on Oct. 20, 2002. He had surgery to repair the knee and was back 10 months later in time to start the 2003 season, during which he earned his fifth Pro Bowl selection.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80316d64&template=with-video&confirm=true

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 05:58 PM
at this point it's even hard for me to derive pleasure from the misfortune of the donks

Saulbadguy
10-08-2007, 05:59 PM
STAY DOWN BITCH

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 06:00 PM
You son of a bitch. What do I have to live for now?

88TG88
10-08-2007, 06:00 PM
at this point it's even hard for me to derive pleasure from the misfortune of the donks
Ya, we're not much better than they are.

chiefbowe82
10-08-2007, 06:01 PM
TE Nate Jackson also out for the season-whoever he is :)

Rain Man
10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Ironically, he'll get the best medical care possible. He's provided so much business to the orthopedic rehabilitation industry that they'll want to get him back on the field as soon as possible.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Ironically, he'll get the best medical care possible. He's provided so much business to the orthopedic rehabilitation industry that they'll want to get him back on field as soon as possible.

Rain Man has his own way of saying STAY DOWN, BITCH!

ROYC75
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
Ironically, he'll get the best medical care possible. He's provided so much business to the orthopedic rehabilitation industry that they'll want to get him back on field as soon as possible.

ROFL

Adept Havelock
10-08-2007, 06:17 PM
"Tom, I believe, is the best center to ever play the game," Shanahan said of the 14-year veteran. "That's what I believe."

:spock:

Not even close, bud.

dtebbe
10-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I wish him a lengthy recovery followed by a catastrophic knee injury in the first game of his return.

DT