PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Grigsby must suck...

dtebbe
10-08-2007, 06:58 PM
Boomer must suck as a FB, I haven't seen him anywhere except special teams. It sure seems to me that we need a bruiser FB to lead, since LJ seems to be running soft.

DT

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 07:00 PM
Good point. I sure miss TRich.

petegz28
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
Well that was cause Solari and Co. decided they wanted to run more 2 TE sets than 1 TE sets.

T-Rich wanted more playing time.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
i just don't understand it either

at least try Boomer in there for some short yardage type plays.

Dayze
10-08-2007, 07:04 PM
it's ok; Boomer realizes it would be a detriment to the team if he took the secret weapon's roster spot on offense. Otherwise, there's no point in having a weapon of the secret variety.

Plus...no one to throw to on 3rd and 15 in the flat.

chagrin
10-08-2007, 07:05 PM
Ya think? He's been on the team 3 years and the only place his name is mentioned is here. Say hello to Mr. Rich Scanlon, Jr.

Kris Wilson actually does have good hands, they need to do something with him.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Ya think? He's been on the team 3 years and the only place his name is mentioned is here. Say hello to Mr. Rich Scanlon, Jr.

Kris Wilson actually does have good hands, they need to do something with him.
i'm sick and tired of them throwing to wilson so much.

we need to back people off the line of scrimmage to open up the running game.

Throwing short passes to wilson doesn't do that.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 07:08 PM
it's ok; Boomer realizes it would be a detriment to the team if he took the secret weapon's roster spot on offense. Otherwise, there's no point in having a weapon of the secret variety.

Plus...no one to throw to on 3rd and 15 in the flat.

I guess you missed Huard finally getting it right, on that 30yd sideline pass to Kris Wilson.

First time in 3 trys, Huard hasn't thrown it so far out of bounds, Kareem Abdul Jabbar couldn't reach it.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Truth is...Boomer can't block. He needs another offseason to learn the nuances.

Iowanian
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
I've pondered this, and mentioned it a couple of times here....

If the Running game is struggling....how about putting in the effing RUN BLOCKING FULLBACK and at least TRY that.

If that doesn't work.....Put Niswanger and maybe Herb Taylor at Center and right guard a series here or there.

Its time to find something that works.....because dumping passes to Kris bigfoot Wilson, isn't getting it done.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Truth is...Boomer can't block. He needs another offseason to learn the nuances.
so all the shit we heard during training camp was just that ...... shit.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:12 PM
so all the shit we heard during training camp was just that ...... shit.

What shit? During training camp about the only kudos I gave Boomer was on his hands.

Dayze
10-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I guess you missed Huard finally getting it right, on that 30yd sideline pass to Kris Wilson.

First time in 3 trys, Huard hasn't thrown it so far out of bounds, Kareem Abdul Jabbar couldn't reach it.

ahh...yes. I nearly forgot; :)

I stand corrected.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
I figure Boomer has pics of Carl and a Donkey stashed somewhere....

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I figure Boomer has pics of Carl and a Donkey stashed somewhere....

Boomer is just around for PR. Nothing else.

Fire Me Boy!
10-08-2007, 07:27 PM
The good news is that Croyle is playing this week... and I think from here on out. I don't think Croyle will dump off as much.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:31 PM
The good news is that Croyle is playing this week... and I think from here on out. I don't think Croyle will dump off as much.

Really? Have you watched Croyle's two drives?

pr_capone
10-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Boomer is just around for PR. Nothing else.

for me???

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Boomer Grigbsy is slowly but surely learning his position. Tonight he completely stonewalled a linebacker on a blitz pickup, allowing Brodie Croyle to hit Samie Parker down the seam with a 15-yard strike.

PLAYS OF THE DAY

I’ve finally figured out why the Chiefs just don’t throw deep much in training camp. Jarrad Page is quickly becoming a “shutdown” safety. It’s simply a bad idea to challenge KC’s safeties.
He’s been turning heads, that’s for sure, and his teammates and coaches have noticed. His boyish side has emerged - after the scrimmage he had a smile a mile wide.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, he picked up a guy on a blitz. Big deal.

He can't lead block consistently. And I never said he could. Nor did Nick.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah, he picked up a guy on a blitz. Big deal.

He can't lead block consistently. And I never said he could. Nor did Nick.
not everything is about you .......... self-absorbed, doofus dick. :shake:

i'm talking in general

we were constantly hearing good things(from people) about boomer all training camp and now apparently it was all crap.

Easy 6
10-08-2007, 07:47 PM
i'm sick and tired of them throwing to wilson so much.

What i'm sick & tired of, is throwing to Wilson in the FLAT so much...the guys a TE playing FB, he should be running routes down the field...he actually COULD be the Secret Weapon if they quit treating him like a regular FB.

Solari should call Saunders for some pointers on using H-Backs.

You dont see Cooley running those dumbass dumpoffs.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:47 PM
not everything is about you .......... self-absorbed, doofus dick. :shake:

i'm talking in general

we were constantly hearing good things(from people) about boomer all training camp and now apparently it was all crap.

Anyone who said Boomer could consistently lead block was out of their mind. All he does is try to hit guys.

HemiEd
10-08-2007, 07:48 PM
PLAYS OF THE DAY

I’ve finally figured out why the Chiefs just don’t throw deep much in training camp. Jarrad Page is quickly becoming a “shutdown” safety. It’s simply a bad idea to challenge KC’s safeties.

ROFL Jack Del Rio did not agree, and I don't think Ty Law does either.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:50 PM
ROFL Jack Del Rio did not agree, and I don't think Ty Law does either.
i just couldn't resist leaving that little tidbit in the copy/paste.

i'm such a bad boy :redface:

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:51 PM
i just couldn't resist leaving that little tidbit in the copy/paste.

Why? Page has been great. Nobody gets shit on him when he's playing two deep.

Deberg_1990
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Nice find Laz. This my friends is why i dont pay attention to pre-season.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by GOATSE
Boomer Grigbsy is slowly but surely learning his position. Tonight he completely stonewalled a linebacker on a blitz pickup, allowing Brodie Croyle to hit Samie Parker down the seam with a 15-yard strike.

PLAYS OF THE DAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan
He’s been turning heads, that’s for sure, and his teammates and coaches have noticed. His boyish side has emerged - after the scrimmage he had a smile a mile wide.

BigChiefFan
10-08-2007, 07:54 PM
If Grigsby can't block they why is he even on the team? This is just another shining example of why Carl needs to go. Surely to God we could have found a quality FB without breaking the bank. So carl's plan is to go into the season,with not one, but TWO crappy blocking FBs? Pathetic.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Andre Johnson disagrees

HemiEd

So are you saying that Page was not biting on the Play Action, forcing Ty Law to cover for him deep?

Hammock Parties
Andre Johnson disagrees

That was Bernard Pollard.

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 07:58 PM
If Grigsby can't block they why is he even on the team?

PR. Tons of fans have a crush on him. So the Chiefs keep him around.

Silock
10-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree. This guy can't even see the field as a blocker -- how bad do you have to be to not even be able to get out there and put a hat on someone.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 08:02 PM
That was Bernard Pollard.
Bernard Pollard is the one that was chasing him ........ but it was Page's side of the field that was empty because Page got sucked up on a shorter route leaving it open.

and that's not the only one ...... it's just the one i immediately thought of.

hardly a "shutdown safety"

Hammock Parties
10-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Bernard Pollard is the one that was chasing him ........ but it was Page's side of the field that was empty because Page got sucked up on a shorter route leaving it open.

and that's not the only one ...... it's just the one i immediately thought of.

hardly a "shutdown safety"

That play wasn't Page's fault. They weren't playing two deep.

Page has been great this year.

BigChiefFan
10-08-2007, 08:08 PM
PR. Tons of fans have a crush on him. So the Chiefs keep him around.
What a great plan for winning, huh? Carl needs to go.