PDA

View Full Version : SI: "Waiting for medical test to determine starting QB"

DFB
10-08-2007, 08:14 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/10/08/bc.fbn.chiefs.quarterback.ap/

Some interesting notes:

Edwards said he might not know until Wednesday who would start against Cincinnati this week. Huard declined to speak with reporters Monday, but did say his shoulder was feeling "a lot better."

"Damon is still trying to get the MRI done late this afternoon, so we'll see where he's at as far as playing," Edwards said. "I don't know what he can do. I'll know more probably tomorrow or Wednesday, whether he can throw or not."

Edwards said throwing a young quarterback into a situation the Chiefs are now facing would not be ideal.

"No doubt. If he's going to have the opportunity to play, and we won't know that until later this week, you'd like things functioning around him well," Edwards said. "This last game, we had to throw the ball 43 times. You don't want to do that. That kills you. It would be nice if we could run the football. We've got to be able to do that. It would also be nice if we weren't down all the time. We haven't scored a point in the first quarter."

"I think Damon's played pretty consistent," guard Brian Waters said. "I think he's played well under the circumstances. We've had absolutely no run game. We've given up a few sacks, more than we prefer, and we've been in a lot of situations where we've been behind. A lot of errors have been not his fault. We haven't had the greatest field position in the world. I think he's played real well under the circumstances."

BigChiefFan
10-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Huard starting spells doom.

Mr. Laz
10-08-2007, 08:17 PM
why let the opposing team know at all .... they can find out on game day.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
10-08-2007, 08:17 PM
There's absolutely nothing to be gained by starting Hutard against Cincinnati.

Then again, that's never stopped Herm.

BigChiefFan
10-08-2007, 08:20 PM
why let the opposing team know at all .... they can find out on game day.
I agree, maybe Herm could have used that same philosophy before he proclaimed to the world that we were becoming a running team. The element of surprise is always an advantage.

Easy 6
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
If his contusion starts feeling better, then its time for a "KC Locker Room Hazing Ritual" wherein an injured player walks the "Gauntlet" & gets punched as hard as possible on injured area...nothing life altering mind you...just enough to keep his ass on the bench.

Damon, i truly understand your desire to be "The Man"...thats the competitive fire that brought you into the NFL & allowed you to make a Kings ransom to play the game you love...

...but many moons have passed in your time in the league, now, its time to bring in the next young hotshot..while i truly respect you, i cannot feel sorry for you...like everyone in the NFL, your lucky to have said you were a part of it & can STILL have a part in it as a trusted backup.

Mentor Brodie & thank God for your good fortune...please!?!?!?

bringbackmarty
10-08-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't think it matters,
Jax has given the entire league the plan to beat us at home.

Easy 6
10-08-2007, 09:04 PM
I don't think it matters,
Jax has given the entire league the plan to beat us at home.

I agree, but disagree...messed up sounding, i know.

Not to take away from Jax, they came in & played mean, physical football on both sides of the ball.

But anytime we get held to 10 rush yards at Arrowhead, it makes me think it wasnt anymore Jax's plan...than it was our guys playing like STRAIGHT PINK PUSSIES...WHERE was the fire???

Losing is one thing, but getting punked to the tune of ten yards in your own living room demonstrates a TOTAL lack of anger & passion.

keg in kc
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I, ah, think the first 5 weeks of the season was all the testing we need.

DFB
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I agree, but disagree...messed up sounding, i know.

Not to take away from Jax, they came in & played mean, physical football on both sides of the ball.

But anytime we get held to 10 rush yards at Arrowhead, it makes me think it wasnt anymore Jax's plan...than it was our guys playing like STRAIGHT PINK PUSSIES...WHERE was the fire???

Losing is one thing, but getting punked to the tune of ten yards in your own living room demonstrates a TOTAL lack of anger & passion.

Ball control. They dominated the LOS, and therefore dominated the TOP.

Easy 6
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Ball control. They dominated the LOS, and therefore dominated the TOP.

With the crowd roaring behind them, KC put up TEN...count'em TEN, rush yards.

No kidding, they controlled the entire affair...when that happens on your home field, with this O, its a flat out lack of effort.

No, were no longer "High-Flyin"..but when you factor in LJ, TG, DBO, Bennett, a poorly used Wilson, a decent left side of the O-line with Waters & Mac...theres way too much talent to get smashed like that.

Among many other things...i think the 2 biggest problems in that game were...

1) We thought we could roll out of bed & win at Arrowhead.

2) These guys simply arent responding to Huard, he's not getting it done.

Logical
10-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I am going back to bashing Goat boy this is too depressing.

Coach
10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
*Waiting for a 730 Exam on comptence of Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Herman Edwards.*

DFB
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Among many other things...i think the 2 biggest problems in that game were...

1) We thought we could roll out of bed & win at Arrowhead.

2) These guys simply arent responding to Huard, he's not getting it done.

Not so sure about #2. From the SI article:

"I think Damon's played pretty consistent," guard Brian Waters said. "I think he's played well under the circumstances. We've had absolutely no run game. We've given up a few sacks, more than we prefer, and we've been in a lot of situations where we've been behind. A lot of errors have been not his fault. We haven't had the greatest field position in the world. I think he's played real well under the circumstances."

ChiefaRoo
10-08-2007, 09:57 PM
If his contusion starts feeling better, then its time for a "KC Locker Room Hazing Ritual" wherein an injured player walks the "Gauntlet" & gets punched as hard as possible on injured area...nothing life altering mind you...just enough to keep his ass on the bench.

Damon, i truly understand your desire to be "The Man"...thats the competitive fire that brought you into the NFL & allowed you to make a Kings ransom to play the game you love...

...but many moons have passed in your time in the league, now, its time to bring in the next young hotshot..while i truly respect you, i cannot feel sorry for you...like everyone in the NFL, your lucky to have said you were a part of it & can STILL have a part in it as a trusted backup.

Mentor Brodie & thank God for your good fortune...please!?!?!?

This is what should be done to Huard if his "contusion" is starting to feel better.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCLN4_57i-o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OCLN4_57i-o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>