gblowfish
10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Apologies if posted before:

Sent: Oct 8, 2007 11:57 AM
Subject: Craig's List Ad and GREAT Response

THIS APPEARED ON CRAIG'S LIST NYC

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful
(spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.
I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes
at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in
mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I
don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives?
Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average
around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000
won't get me to central park west. I know a woman in my yoga class who
was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's
not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing
right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars,
restaurants, gyms

-What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my
feelings

-Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east
side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have
nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop
dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the
story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows - lawyer, investment
banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they
hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for
MARRIAGE ONLY

Please hold your insults - I'm putting myself out there in an honest
way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front
about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't
able to match them - in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a
nice home and hearth.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
----

THE ANSWER

Dear Pers-:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully
about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.
Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your
bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I
see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple
a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what
you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I
bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade
and my money will likely continue into perpetuity...in fact, it is
very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty
that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning
asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation
accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty
hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins
in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a
buy and hold...hence the rub...marriage. It doesn't make good business
sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease.
In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my
money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need
an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets.
So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful"
as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to
believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K
hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and
then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way.
Classic "pump and dump."

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of
lease, let me know.

Rain Man
10-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I think her problem is that she's trying to start at the top. Like any other field, you have to work your way in. I would suggest that she start by flashing herself at bars and by suggesting threesomes to some of those wives that she sees. Maybe a little prostitution.

You have to start at the bottom. Young people today don't seem to understand that.

Simplex3
10-09-2007, 05:42 PM
LMAO

Halfcan
10-09-2007, 05:56 PM
ho

noa
10-09-2007, 06:05 PM
That guy's response is awesome, but if she's into threeways, its a whole new ballgame.

Extra Point
10-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Clearly she's developing a vertical market. The response recommends that she pursue one that's (w)hor(e)izontal.

chagrin
10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Heard this on Stern yesterday, hilarious - he's trying to book both of them for a phone interview. I know we have several other Stern fans here, if they get them on the phone either I or one of them will post it, I would love to hear how stupid she sounds on the air.

eazyb81
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Heard this on Stern yesterday, hilarious - he's trying to book both of them for a phone interview. I know we have several other Stern fans here, if they get them on the phone either I or one of them will post it, I would love to hear how stupid she sounds on the air.

I read on a business site that this Rob guy is a real dude and he does work at JP Morgan, but he wasn't the guy who wrote this. Apparently someone knows him and put in his name as the author of this letter. He can't even take calls anymore because so many people are calling in requesting to talk to him.

KChiefs1
10-09-2007, 09:14 PM
once a woman hits 40....they get scary-looking....

gblowfish
10-10-2007, 08:51 AM
http://tinyurl.com/2yup34

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Deal or no deal? A woman's online bid to find a rich husband in New York earning more than $500,000 a year has caused an Internet stir with a mystery Wall Street banker publicly assessing her hunt for romance as a business deal -- and a bad one at that.

The anonymous 25-year-old woman posted an ad on the free online New York community Web site Craigslist, http://newyork.craigslist.org/, seeking advice on how to find a wealthy husband in New York where Wall Street bankers can earn bonuses each year of up to $10 million.

"I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all," wrote the woman, who described herself as "spectacularly beautiful" and "superficial."

"I dated a business man who makes average around 200 - 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. $250,000 won't get me to Central Park West," she said, asking questions like "where do rich single men hang out?"

Recently an apartment at 15 Central Park West sold for $42.4 million -- the highest amount paid for a single unit new condominium in New York.

A mystery banker, who said he fitted the bill, offered the woman an analysis of her predicament -- but described it as "plain and simple a crappy business deal."

"Your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity ... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!" the banker wrote.

"So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset," he said. "Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!"

"It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease," he said.

While the woman has since removed her posting from Craigslist, the ad and the response have become a popular e-mail traffic both within and outside New York where online dating has become commonplace.

Bank JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) said one of its bankers had mistakenly been credited with writing the response.

Brian Marchiony, spokesman for JPMorgan Chase, said the banker did not write the response and that his email signature accidentally became attached to the ad and response when he forwarded it to friends and it then wound up on blogs.

Craigslist was not immediately available for comment, but a spokeswoman told The New York Times that "it does look as if the post was made sincerely."

Radar Chief
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
The way I read it the guy is telling her that maybe, just maybe, those “plain Jane” girls with the high $$$ husbands are bringing more to the table than just good looks and a superficial attitude.
Maybe she might even come to the realization that there’s more to what makes one attractive to another than just looks. :hmmm:
Nah, doubt it. If she hasn't figured it out yeat, she'll probably just continue thinking she needs to shake her money maker in front of the right sugar daddy and she’ll get to “central park west”.

TrebMaxx
10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
This thread is worthless without pics!

StcChief
10-10-2007, 11:41 AM
This thread is worthless without pics!
Don't bother she aint interested in Planteers.

banyon
10-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I should be......... - 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: pers-444810148@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-09, 10:20PM CDT

I finally figured out what I want, and damn is it hard to find. I want the nice parts of the relationship...good conversation, great sex, sleeping cuddled up and waking up to kisses and more sex. But I don't want to talk to you on the phone, I don't care how your last ex ruined your life, I have zero interest in finding out about your baggage or demons. And I really don't want to talk about any of that from my life either. Many a good **** buddy has ruined it by dropping their problems/past into an otherwise perfect post-coital chat session. But I'm also too tactful to tell someone who just poured their heart out that not only do I not care, but that they just permanently turned me off.

Me-->28, 5'7", 125, emotionally frigid, sexually nuts.

You-->21-35 (roughly), 5'10"+ (any smaller and I feel like I have to hold back), hwp, single, opinionated, able to keep a secret. :)

Duck Dog
10-10-2007, 12:50 PM
once a woman hits 40....they get scary-looking....

You don't know what you're talking about.

Radar Chief
10-10-2007, 12:58 PM
I should be......... - 28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: pers-444810148@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-10-09, 10:20PM CDT

I finally figured out what I want, and damn is it hard to find. I want the nice parts of the relationship...good conversation, great sex, sleeping cuddled up and waking up to kisses and more sex. But I don't want to talk to you on the phone, I don't care how your last ex ruined your life, I have zero interest in finding out about your baggage or demons. And I really don't want to talk about any of that from my life either. Many a good **** buddy has ruined it by dropping their problems/past into an otherwise perfect post-coital chat session. But I'm also too tactful to tell someone who just poured their heart out that not only do I not care, but that they just permanently turned me off.

Me-->28, 5'7", 125, emotionally frigid, sexually nuts.

You-->21-35 (roughly), 5'10"+ (any smaller and I feel like I have to hold back), hwp, single, opinionated, able to keep a secret. :)

It took me a minute to get what you’re saying, but yea. The chick that just wants someone to fugg her and shut up is going to have troubles finding a man in “sensitive hippy guy” town. ;)

banyon
10-10-2007, 01:18 PM
It took me a minute to get what you’re saying, but yea. The chick that just wants someone to fugg her and shut up is going to have troubles finding a man in “sensitive hippy guy” town. ;)

Ha, burned me on that one Radar. :)