PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs solutions to winning this week

chiefbowe82
10-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Kansas City Chiefs (2-3) vs Cincinnati Bengals (1-3)

When I look at this game, I think a must-win for the Chiefs, of course I'd have to say the same for the Bengals (1-3)

Expect both teams to play accordingly.

What are the keys for the chiefs in winning this game?
1. score FIRST-the chiefs have been behind in EVERY game by atleast 10 points in no time! It will be very important for the chiefs to come out passing their first drive just as they did against jacksonville-just to make sure they score first, and keep the crowd in the game for the whole game.
-Then they can try and bring the run together, I noted the chiefs first 4 possesions against the jags, they were moving the ball almost at will, then they would get conservative when they were just about in FG range, and punt it away.

2. Contain Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh-It will be very important that Bernard Pollard shows up this week-we can't allow big plays-we just can't handle them!

3. Solitify the run-yes you can't win if you throw the ball 48 times, and run for 10 yards. Obviously the chiefs will have better rush yards this week-can it get any worse? idk if the chiefs did anything magic in their running attack this week but they have to get it figured out.

4. Throw PAST the first down marker. When it's 3rd and 8-stop getting 6. When it's 3rd and 10 stop getting 8, when it's third and 15. Atleast throw past the line of scrimmage.

5. Play the wr's tight on 3rd downs! I'm tired of watching the opposing receivers catch the ball PAST the markers on 3rd down with no chiefs defender within 5 yards of them-WTH is that!!!

My prediction-Well chiefs usually show up on must-win games (reg season) and if they score first they will tame the boo's that pour down from the upper deck. The bengals defense has been horrid just like our playcalling the bengals D has gave up 20, 51, 24, and 34 points. No this is not arena league. HOWEVER their D has healed up over the bye, and they're mad as hell. The chiefs will truly match up much better against the bengals, the jaguars are just to physical. And the jags were the perfect storm playin against the chiefs. I think the chiefs will rebound and the chargers will win. The chiefs will be atop the AFC west at 3-3.

Chiefs-24
Bengals-21

Mecca
10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
I think we lose because of Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page....they just aren't good enough to pick up these WR's when they get deep....

Especially Pollard......I'm already tired of that guy and think he's a bum.

Iowanian
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
The best chance to win this week is to keep Carson and Chad's and whosyourmama on the sidelines by running the ball effectively, and scoring Touchdowns early in the game.

As much as I hate to, I think Wesley should be starting at SS with Pollard coming in on running downs, and consider putting Law in the slot and letting a faster player try covering Whooseyurmama.

the Oline has to step up and make some running lanes......and if Herm doesn't dress #46 and try having him do some lead blocking.....I'm going to scream.

Extra Point
10-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Have the DE's stay home on 1st down. Blitz DJ thru the loaded A gap, stunt DE on unloaded ends on 1&2 down. Blind side safety blitz on 3rd, sending in Pollard. (If he can't cover, he can hammer.)

LJ gets the rock on 1st down, with Waters trapping in the 3 hole with KJ lead . Inside slant the shit out of them on 2nd and 3rd down. TG and DB are tough enough to absorb the hits, and RAC favors them. Leon Johnson will have to block.

DB can use the inside slant route to put the wood to their OLB for the trap and reverse runs.

I just want to feel good next week. I'd prefer Croyle to start, but I can live with Huard, so long as we can pass for more than 8.

ChiefGator
10-10-2007, 08:06 AM
1. score FIRST-the chiefs have been behind in EVERY game by atleast 10 points in no time! It will be very important for the chiefs to come out passing their first drive just as they did against jacksonville-just to make sure they score first, and keep the crowd in the game for the whole game.

This is INCREDIBLY important this week. Lewis doesn't play with Herm's conservatism. I think Lewis calls the dogs off when he has around 30 points. His team is aggressive through the air, not a slow grind-em out team like ours.

The won't go into a cocoon, just because they are ahead by 10.

Need to stop them and make this a contest early.

dshyne101
10-10-2007, 09:09 AM
It would be great if sippio is starting with Bowe. Parker and Webb just can get it. LJ needs at least 200 yards this week. The o-line better come 2 play. the bengals have the worst d in the league but they just came off a bye so they are fresh. with the way our line is playin it wouldnt surprise me if LJ has no yards again.

Micjones
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
1. Better starting field position. Drummond really needs to put it all together this week and give us some return real estate.

2. Positive yardage on first down. We need 4-5 yards consistently to begin a possession. That will ultimately stave off having many Third & Long situations and help us to sustain a drive.

3. Getting out to an early lead. We need the help of our 12th man and falling behind by multiple scores for the 6th straight game will have fans leaving 1 Arrowhead Drive quickly.

4. Tighter coverage on Third Down. Teams are going to run the 10-yard out for the rest of the year after that sickening display last week. We must force teams to earn Third Down conversions.

5. Safeties/Defensive Ends staying at home. Peeking into the backfield will cost us big in this game. We also need Hali and Allen to be disciplined enough to cut down time the QB will have to deliver the ball.

6. Pressure from the Front Four. We need to have a sustained presence in the backfield from our down-linemen. If we have to blitz to get pressure on Palmer it will be a long day for that defense.

7. Establishing a running game. We need to mount a serious run attack this week to keep that high-powered Cincy offense off of the field. That will also keep the Cincy defense honest to where we can mix up the offensive playcalling.

8. Getting Dwayne Bowe the ball early. We must get the ball in the hands of our newest playmaker early and often. Bowe will help spread out the Bengal defense and make room for other targets (Parker, Gonzalez).

RustShack
10-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Croyle to Bowe!

HonestChieffan
10-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Herm and Solari not coming to the game would help. LJ actually trying would be an improvement. Someone passing to Bowe would be nice.

Braincase
10-10-2007, 09:26 AM
1. Rip Robert Geathers' head off... just because.
2. Rip Carson Palmer's head off... why stop with a LB. when QB's bleed more.
3. Rip everybody's head off that is an obstacle to our victory, including gameday announcers.

InChiefsHeaven
10-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Is it just me, or are most of these "keys to winning" the same for every game...establish the run, block well, cover their receivers, get to their quarterback...

...same every week...

jidar
10-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Keys to winning:

Score more points.

Micjones
10-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Is it just me, or are most of these "keys to winning" the same for every game...establish the run, block well, cover their receivers, get to their quarterback...

...same every week...

I think there are certain self-evident truths to winning in the NFL, but there are specifics that may differ slightly week in and week out.

I think our defensive approach will differ from the mindset we should've taken into last week's game.

King_Chief_Fan
10-10-2007, 09:38 AM
Herm and Solari not coming to the game would help. LJ actually trying would be an improvement. Someone passing to Bowe would be nice.
I was thinking the same thing........can't any of you KC residents run them off the road on the way to the staduim?

StcChief
10-10-2007, 09:41 AM
The best chance to win this week is to keep Carson and Chad's and whosyourmama on the sidelines by running the ball effectively, and scoring Touchdowns early in the game.

As much as I hate to, I think Wesley should be starting at SS with Pollard coming in on running downs, and consider putting Law in the slot and letting a faster player try covering Whooseyurmama.

the Oline has to step up and make some running lanes......and if Herm doesn't dress #46 and try having him do some lead blocking.....I'm going to scream.
Ball control running for TDs. Pound the rock against they week Run D.

Agreed it's Boomer time NOW.

HemiEd
10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I think we lose because of Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page....they just aren't good enough to pick up these WR's when they get deep....

But yet, you want the Chiefs to develop the young players. They are going to make mistakes and have to learn.
Which is it? Play the old guys with experience, or play young guys and develop them?
You have to be willing to put up with the mistakes, to develop them.

Wile_E_Coyote
10-10-2007, 10:01 AM
They can always convert Pollard to fullback

InChiefsHeaven
10-10-2007, 10:20 AM

ROFL Every time I read one of your posts, I always picture those two crotchety old bastards on the Muppet Show...

beach tribe
10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
We need to pound the rock. Use these punks as a way to get these bums to remember how to run block.

Tribal Warfare
10-10-2007, 10:33 AM
1) Start Croyle