PDA

View Full Version : Carpoolers

DFB
10-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Carpoolers. New show on ABC. Second episode was tonight. Anybody been watching? I missed the premiere, but got the torrent and watched it today. Then watched the new one live tonight.

Very funny.

Jerry O'Connell is money.

10-09-2007, 10:54 PM
And yet Sliders failed miserably.

DFB
10-09-2007, 10:57 PM

Oh, sorry. I meant 'money' in comedies. Or at least I enjoy him. Facial expressions or something, I don't know what it is, but he makes me laugh in everything he's in. Every [comedy] movie or sitcom he's in cracks me up.

DaneMcCloud
10-09-2007, 11:10 PM

WHAT???

It was on the air for 5 YEARS. Not 5 weeks, not 5 months, 5 YEARS.

There's no way, under any circumstance, can 5 years be considered a failure.

Thig Lyfe
10-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Carpoolers has people from Kids in the Hall and Arrested Development behind it, and yet I can't bring myself to watch it. I don't know why.

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Carpoolers has people from Kids in the Hall and Arrested Development behind it, and yet I can't bring myself to watch it. I don't know why.

Yep. :D You can tell, too when you watch. Same type humor & writing.

I enjoyed the promos, but in the midst of my "Pushing Daisies" obsession forgot about the premiere of Carpoolers last week. D/L it today, wasn't expecting much. Just wanted to know if I should bother TiVo-ing it tonight. Definitely worth the download and TiVo. Very funny.

CoMoChief
10-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Just watched the online episode. Funny show, Im gonna have to start watching it.

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Just watched the online episode. Funny show, Im gonna have to start watching it.

You'll have to watch tonight's episode whenever ABC posts it. O'Connell cracks me up!

And kudos to ABC for offering their shows for viewing online. Finally, someone takes advantage of the internet. I think NBC is doing it now, too. ABC.com is the only one I've ever truly used, though.

ExtremeChief
10-10-2007, 03:09 AM
My wife and I both enjoyed Carpoolers, and both of us thought Cavemen sucked.

Unfortunately, she now has me hooked on Boston Legal as well.

Kylo Ren
10-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Carpoolers. New show on ABC. Second episode was tonight. Anybody been watching? I missed the premiere, but got the torrent and watched it today. Then watched the new one live tonight.

Very funny.

Jerry O'Connell is money. Yes. I watched them both. Horrible! Just like all sitcoms.

Jilly
10-10-2007, 07:27 AM
My wife and I both enjoyed Carpoolers, and both of us thought Cavemen sucked.

Unfortunately, she now has me hooked on Boston Legal as well.

what do you mean unfortunately? Boston Legal is a seriously awesome show, it's so smart and passionate. I love it.

Carpoolers also - very very funny. I love the scenes in the car when they all sing....cracks me up

Delano
10-10-2007, 08:56 AM
I gave Carpoolers a try and thought it was funny. That lasted about seven minutes and then my annoyance with O'Connell came through and I gave up on the show. For some reason, I just can't tolerate the guy.

DFB
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
I gave Carpoolers a try and thought it was funny. That lasted about seven minutes and then my annoyance with O'Connell came through and I gave up on the show. For some reason, I just can't tolerate the guy.

LMAO that's the reason I enjoyed it. But hey, to each his own.

Pushing Daisies tonight. Definitively the biggest hit of the new shows this season.

ChiefsGirl
10-10-2007, 10:46 AM
I thought the singing in the car was about the only funny part of the show.

DFB
10-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Carpoolers is doing 'less than spectacular' in the ratings. 4.9 this week, that's a 2 million viewer loss from the premiere last week. Of course, it also has a terrible, terrible lead-in...Cavemen.

Kclee
10-10-2007, 10:56 AM
There's no way, under any circumstance, can 5 years be considered a failure.

That's why Carl has his 5 year plan.