PDA

View Full Version : Huard MRI results: "no damage, may be ready to play Sunday"

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-chiefs-edwards&prov=ap&type=lgns

Some interesting notes:

Quarterback Damon Huard's MRI showed no damage to his injured shoulder and the veteran may be ready to start Sunday against Cincinnati, Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Tuesday.

"We'll go through practice (on Wednesday) and see what he can do," Edwards said. "He feels a lot better. He's worked out the last two days."

"Damon felt OK today, but he hasn't thrown," Edwards said Tuesday. "So we'll have to see where he's at throwing the ball. And we'll go through our practice schedule like we always do. Brodie always takes a lot of (practice plays). If Damon can do it and he feels good, then he'll go."

"We have to establish the line of scrimmage a little bit better and maybe define some runs a little bit better for us," Edwards said. "And just work on it that way. It's back to basics. It's fundamentals and techniques. It always is. You have to have confidence in practice and take it on the field and do it."

GarySpFc
10-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Rats

keg in kc
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Brodie always takes a lot of snaps?

Hmm. The plot thickens.

SBK
10-09-2007, 11:21 PM
My interest in the next game has dwindled.

Brock
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
That would be really boring.

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Brodie always takes a lot of snaps?

Hmm. The plot thickens.

Yeah, he took the overwhelming majority of snaps in the preseason, too. Must be a veteran vs. young guy thing. :shrug:

keg in kc
10-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah, he took the overwhelming majority of snaps in the preseason, too. Must be a veteran vs. young guy thing.I'm thinking more along the lines of they're planning to play him at some point.

There's a chance this is all just a donkey-style swerve trying to keep our cards close before Sunday's game, so the Bungles don't know who's starting.

(I'm pretending that matters...)

Hammock Parties
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
Nick told me Brodie was starting. So I guess Huard is starting?

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM

With the MRI coming back clean, I think all signs point to Huard starting. Unless it's unbelievably sore. And even then, you think Huard is going to just give away his starting spot because of a sore shoulder? I'd imagine if Huard tells Herm that he can go, he'll go.

SBK
10-09-2007, 11:31 PM

That sounds about right.

Rasputin
10-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Since nothin is wrong with Huard and his MRI shows he is ok...
Huard shouldn't have any problem heaving the pig skin down field for multiple TDs and marching this team to victory. Yep Huards the guy with the mobility and rocket arm. Oh the Bengals are scared now, I think we have them on the run. They surly won't know what hit them. Our offense hasn't scored a TD in the first Q but that'le change this time cuz hear comes the Rocket Man Huard. I think if it's a shoot out between Carson Palmer and Damon Huard, I would have to go with Damon Huard.
Heck Huards injured throwing arm is all healed and everything no problem with his right throwing arm. Great, just FN Great.

DFB
10-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Since nothin is wrong with Huard and his MRI shows he is ok...
Huard shouldn't have any problem heaving the pig skin down field for multiple TDs and marching this team to victory. Yep Huards the guy with the mobility and rocket arm. Oh the Bengals are scared now, I think we have them on the run. They surly won't know what hit them. Our offense hasn't scored a TD in the first Q but that'le change this time cuz hear comes the Rocket Man Huard. I think if it's a shoot out between Carson Palmer and Damon Huard, I would have to go with Damon Huard.
Heck Huards injured throwing arm is all healed and everything no problem with his right throwing arm. Great, just FN Great.

:rolleyes: Nothing's for sure yet. But logic would tell you if he WAS the starter, and there's no damage to his shoulder, then he would STILL be the starter. But logic and the Chiefs....who knows....

MadMax
10-09-2007, 11:37 PM
With the MRI coming back clean, I think all signs point to Huard starting. Unless it's unbelievably sore. And even then, you think Huard is going to just give away his starting spot because of a sore shoulder? I'd imagine if Huard tells Herm that he can go, he'll go.

I was hoping he would retire. :deevee: :banghead: :shake:

kcxiv
10-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Huard will start. We will have another 10 point game. I actually kind of want too. I know this season isnt going anywhere. I just wanna see if Brodie can be a starting QB.

Hammock Parties
10-09-2007, 11:42 PM
Huard will start. We will have another 10 point game. I actually kind of want too. I know this season isnt going anywhere. I just wanna see if Brodie can be a starting QB.

If we have another 10-point game it won't be because of Huard. It will be because the running game sputters again.

10-09-2007, 11:45 PM
If we have another 10-point game it won't be because of Huard. It will be because the running game sputters again.
Nah, it will be because of Herm and Solari.

BigMeatballDave
10-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Poo

Thig Lyfe
10-10-2007, 12:26 AM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Oh well. I probably won't be able to watch it.

the Talking Can
10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
God hates us.

thehead
10-10-2007, 06:08 AM
God hates us.

Yes yes he does
:deevee:

Easy 6
10-10-2007, 06:13 AM
As if Huards arm wasnt weak enough already, now he wants to give it a go with a sore one.

We can only pray this is a ruse.

memyselfI
They should really close bridges in KC today. :D

thehead
Was it a MRI or Pap smear ? :banghead:

cdcox
10-10-2007, 06:18 AM

Huard is the 27th ranked QB by Football Outsiders. He's throwing to the 6th ranked WR and the 6th ranked TE. Huard's passes short of the sticks on 3rd down killed a bunch of drives last Sunday. Huard has not played nearly as well as he did last season in terms of yards per attempt, TD/INT ratio, and just leading an effective offense. When does he start taking some of the blame?

chop
10-10-2007, 06:19 AM
My interest in the next game has dwindled.

Same here. Maybe it's for the best. I have a lot of things I need to get done around the house anyway.

DaKCMan AP
10-10-2007, 06:26 AM
About noon today, all eyes on the Chiefs’ practice field will focus on quarterback Damon Huard.

If he can throw the deep outs, the skinny posts and the seam routes accurately and painlessly, he will start Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at Arrowhead Stadium.

If the passes lack velocity — or if Huard’s bruised right shoulder causes him to wince in pain — second-year man Brodie Croyle is poised to make his first NFL start.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/310756.html

Healthy or not, if Huard needs to display accuracy and velocity on throws it's pretty safe to say Croyle will get the start. ;)

cdcox
10-10-2007, 06:42 AM
[quote]
If he can throw the deep outs, the skinny posts and the seam routes accurately...
[quote]

How is a banged up sholder supposed to make him a good QB all of the sudden?

Rasputin
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
I am losing so much patience and faith with Herm Edwards. Why would he start a player that is not 100% and is one sack away from being carted off the field? Croyle can step in just fine and do a good job for us be mobile and accurate with the football and give us some needed downfield play.

Huard can probably do a good job against the Bungals defense :rolleyes: he is still not as good and Croyle would be better for this game to win now and for the future.
Why would a coach play a non mobile QB with a bum arm when we have a tallented kid who can do the job?

I am just dumbfounded here and think that my favorite team is run by complete morons. All I want is for the best of this team. The Coaching staff and Carl Peckerheaderson is holding this team back from anything greater than mediocre. :mad:

Jilly
10-10-2007, 07:29 AM
herm's so f-ing stupid.

Simply Red
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
Did we ever sign Ty Law? Anyone?

stevieray
10-10-2007, 07:31 AM
how far we've come from...

"you gotta pull the trigger sometime"

StcChief
10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
We can hope it's a smoke screen, but maybe another Huard bad game, he becomes scapegoat.

Let's throw Croyle in next week in the Black hole.

and really shake him up. WTF.

Herm please Play him at home vs. Bungles

Rasputin
10-10-2007, 07:45 AM
how far we've come from...

"you gotta pull the trigger sometime"

Every thing that comes out of Herm Edwards mouth is a load of Crap. IMHO.

Iowanian
10-10-2007, 07:56 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was actually pondering coming down and attending the game if Croyle starts. I will NOT if Huard is starting.

kc rush
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
I feel like I’m watching one of those horror movies where the monster just keeps coming back. Just when you think they’ve done enough he shows up again. And no matter how lame the movie was, there is the crappy sequel…

Downfield Big Game II – Return of Noodle Arm

If you thought the first movie was scary, Noodle Arm is back and he’s bringing less mobility and more terrifying turnovers with him.

[Scene – Bowe being mauled by a defender as he goes up for an acrobatic catch]

Receivers will be destroyed.

[Creepy child voice counting – One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississippi… as Huard holds on to the ball]

Offensive linemen will be strained.

[Announcer voice – Another 3 and out and a tired defense is on the field yet again… as the defense walks on to the field like zombies]

The defense will be drained.

[Scene – Huard curls up in the fetal position on the field]

And in an act so horrifying you will want to turn your television off.

Downfield Big Game II – Return of Noodle Arm, coming to Arrowhead this Sunday… local blackouts may be in effect.

I don’t want Huard to be hurt, but I don’t believe that this team can win anything significant with him behind center. Please let Croyle play so he can get experience, or so we can truly know if he is the QBOTF.

Dartgod
10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I was actually pondering coming down and attending the game if Croyle starts. I will NOT if Huard is starting.
Hey, I saw that your buddies had a good showing in the American Royal BBQ.

Lzen
10-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Quick, somebody go do a Tanya Harding on Huard!!

thehead
10-10-2007, 08:22 AM

Classic
:)

the Talking Can
10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
I feel like I’m watching one of those horror movies where the monster just keeps coming back. Just when you think they’ve done enough he shows up again. And no matter how lame the movie was, there is the crappy sequel…

Downfield Big Game II – Return of Noodle Arm

If you thought the first movie was scary, Noodle Arm is back and he’s bringing less mobility and more terrifying turnovers with him.

[Scene – Bowe being mauled by a defender as he goes up for an acrobatic catch]

Receivers will be destroyed.

[Creepy child voice counting – One Mississippi, Two Mississippi, Three Mississippi… as Huard holds on to the ball]

Offensive linemen will be strained.

[Announcer voice – Another 3 and out and a tired defense is on the field yet again… as the defense walks on to the field like zombies]

The defense will be drained.

[Scene – Huard curls up in the fetal position on the field]

And in an act so horrifying you will want to turn your television off.

Downfield Big Game II – Return of Noodle Arm, coming to Arrowhead this Sunday… local blackouts may be in effect.

I don’t want Huard to be hurt, but I don’t believe that this team can win anything significant with him behind center. Please let Croyle play so he can get experience, or so we can truly know if he is the QBOTF.

rep

Extra Point
10-10-2007, 08:34 AM
rep

Ditto. Huard will be blacked out or blanked in the first half. I look for Croyle to start the second half. That will keep most of the crowd from leaving, when we're down by 17.

Tribal Warfare
10-10-2007, 08:36 AM

I was seriously thinking of the samething too. "Damn it where's a the guy with the billy-club to smack Huard"