PDA

View Full Version : ChiefaRoo, anybody, what's the lowdown on Wichita?

banyon
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm getting several job offers from there.

Is it really the Hell Hole everyone says? What are the good and bad parts of town?

big nasty kcnut
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
No it a great city just don't get broke down on 13th street near wichita state. Spangle is damn good hamburger and nu way. Take your hunny to the star light drive in. Finally you can go to the new arena in downtown to watch great concert.

Mr. Plow
10-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Enter Skip in 3..........2..........1..........

banyon
10-10-2007, 02:25 PM
No it a great city just don't get broke down on 13th street near wichita state. Spangle is damn good hamburger and nu way. Take your hunny to the star light drive in. Finally you can go to the new arena in downtown to watch great concert.

Oh, jesus. I hate Spangles, their commercials are the worst.

Saulbadguy
10-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Like any large city, there are many parts of it you don't want to be in at night. Or during the day.

Wichita is OK, I like it. There isn't much to do there because alot of the citizens refuse to pay for anything.

Skip Towne
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
There is no running water or sewer system. Everybody has an outhouse.

HemiEd
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
I had to move away from there, because there was too much to do, and I could not control myself.

Really.

banyon
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Like any large city, there are many parts of it you don't want to be in at night. Or during the day.

Wichita is OK, I like it. There isn't much to do there because alot of the citizens refuse to pay for anything.

Sounds like Taco John should move there. He doesn't want to pay for anything either.

trndobrd
10-10-2007, 02:33 PM
The Bar Assoc is really active and friendly.

Skip Towne
10-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I had to move away from there, because there was too much to do, and I could not control myself.

Really.
The warrants have probably expired by now.

Brock
10-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Having owned several properties in the area, I can tell you that the taxes are way out of kilter with the services provided. Sedgwick county taxes are almost twice what they are in surrounding counties, and what the money is paying for I have no idea.

HemiEd
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
The warrants have probably expired by now.

I can only hope.

banyon
10-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Having owned several properties in the area, I can tell you that the taxes are way out of kilter with the services provided. Sedgwick county taxes are almost twice what they are in surrounding counties, and what the money is paying for I have no idea.

That sounds like my old hometown, Memphis TN. They pay almost double what Nashville pays.

1ChiefsDan
10-10-2007, 03:02 PM
there are no good parts - it's wichita

ferrarispider95
10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
It is a pretty shitty town

HemiEd
10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
That sounds like my old hometown, Memphis TN. They pay almost double what Nashville pays.

I think Wichita taxes are a bargain, compared to here.
My taxes here are almost exactly 11x what they were in Wichita, with less services here.

Rain Man
10-10-2007, 05:33 PM
If you're a criminal defense lawyer or a prosecuting attorney, you should be wary of any city where you get several job offers easily.

raunchy cameltoe
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Wichita no longer has a Texas League franchise. The Wranglers bolted for Springdale, Arkansas:( They will be the Northwest Arkansas Naturals next year.

Rain Man
10-10-2007, 05:36 PM
There is no running water or sewer system. Everybody has an outhouse.

Those weren't outhouses. You were defecating in people's tool sheds.

patteeu
10-10-2007, 05:40 PM
Any place is a step up from Lawrence. ;)

Skip Towne
10-10-2007, 05:42 PM
There were people living in some of them.

banyon
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM

Well at least this thread was good for a laugh. ROFL

WhitiE
10-10-2007, 06:05 PM
wichita is nice. but subscribe to satellite so you dont have to ever see the spangles commercials.

Skip Towne
10-10-2007, 06:22 PM
wichita is nice. but subscribe to satellite so you dont have to ever see the spangles commercials.
Satellite won't work in Wichita. The suction refracts the signal.

BigVE
10-10-2007, 06:46 PM

That doesn't help, I don't live in Wichita but my "local" channels come from Wichita and I have seen the horrible Spangles commercials. They GUARANTEE a quick channel switch every time they come on.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Well at least this thread was good for a laugh. ROFL

Banyon. There are several good areas. Depends on what you are interested in. Neighborhoods for kids and young families or nightlife. Also, it depends on your budget. I would suggest looking on the NE side of town roughly around 21st and Webb in the Bradley Estates area. Very nice homes with prices ranging from $200K to a couple million.

If you want to rent or you want a more urban setting near the bars/restaurants that you can walk to and youdon't have kids look at Old Town, which is where I live. There are several places you can look at. The building I live in was originally built in 1917 and has been redone as condos. Waterwalk is a brand new development that is just now being built. They are selling condos near the River downtown by the Hyatt and the Convention Center. They should be very nice.

There are also a ton of middle class houses and apts. just like you have in any city located all over.

PM me if you have any specific questions. Wichita is not Aspen or L.A. or even KC but it is growing and has some very nice areas in addition to not so good spots where skip and his relatives would live.

Go to a WSU game this winter as well. It's a good time.

Abba-Dabba
10-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I'll concur with the looneyroo. Except one correction, 21st and Webb I'm fairly certain it is Wilson Estates. ;)

The you have Tallgrass at 37th and Rock, Bel Aire at 37th and Woodlawn. Northwest side of town is just as nice, much more urban cowboy though.

It's a family oriented city. Not much in the way for entertainment for adults other than bite of food and a movie. Church is both a social event and business event. Ask Thomas Etheridge. There is a reason there are more churches than fast food places in this town. 1500 and counting in Wichita alone. Other than that, it's not a bad city, low crime rate, lower than average tax burdens with not much else to do other than work and go to church on sunday.

Abba-Dabba
10-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Go to a WSU game this winter as well. It's a good time.

You should have come out to fall ball last week. Admission was only a couple cans of corn or so.

pr_capone
10-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Wichita is just ok. Very little to do unless you LOVE to eat at restaurants. We have no shortage of places to go and eat.

As for entertainment, there are several movie theaters, bowling alleys, semi-pro hockey, indoor football..... and that is about it. Oh yeah, no shortage of bars and liquor stores.

The Zoo is one of the highest ranked Zoos in the country IIRC, but like any other Zoo, you go once and never have a desire to go again.

All in all it is a quiet town and a pretty good place to raise little ones.

If you are looking for a night life... this is not the place for you.

BTW, you have PM.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Lived here all my life, i really have no compliants

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 07:22 AM
If you go to a WSU game, carry a switchblade. Everybody else in that area has one.

Thig Lyfe
10-11-2007, 07:32 AM
The whole town smells like fishsticks.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:12 PM
I'll concur with the looneyroo. Except one correction, 21st and Webb I'm fairly certain it is Wilson Estates. ;)

The you have Tallgrass at 37th and Rock, Bel Aire at 37th and Woodlawn. Northwest side of town is just as nice, much more urban cowboy though.

It's a family oriented city. Not much in the way for entertainment for adults other than bite of food and a movie. Church is both a social event and business event. Ask Thomas Etheridge. There is a reason there are more churches than fast food places in this town. 1500 and counting in Wichita alone. Other than that, it's not a bad city, low crime rate, lower than average tax burdens with not much else to do other than work and go to church on sunday.

Yes, Wilson Estates next to Bradley Fair shopping center. I stand corrected by Mr. Saggy nuts. ;)

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:14 PM
You should have come out to fall ball last week. Admission was only a couple cans of corn or so.

Wouldn't it be bushels of Wheat? ehhh nevermind. :harumph:

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:15 PM
If you go to a WSU game, carry a switchblade. Everybody else in that area has one.

If you go to Tulsa carry a toothbrush because they don't use them there.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
The whole town smells like fishsticks.

Listen I was just outside and it does not smell like fishsticks.

leviw
10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Great newspaper.

CHIEF4EVER
10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
I don't live there but I go there almost everyday to get my rig loaded. From what I have seen, the area around 13th street is a shithole. Don't seem to be much to do other than eat or go to a pub most places in W town.. If you want peace and quiet, check out one of the surrounding towns (like Augusta). They seem to be OK and the commute wouldn't be a huge problem. The road infrastructure in the Wichita area is decent.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't live there but I go there almost everyday to get my rig loaded. From what I have seen, the area around 13th street is a shithole. Don't seem to be much to do other than eat or go to a pub most places in W town.. If you want peace and quiet, check out one of the surrounding towns (like Augusta). They seem to be OK and the commute wouldn't be a huge problem. The road infrastructure in the Wichita area is decent.

13th Street runs E. to W. throughout the entire city. The road is something like 20 miles long. You should work on your accuracy.

Basically there are three very nice areas to live. The NE Side of Town in the Wilson Estates area going East towards Andover, The far NWest side of town has similar very nice family homes, shopping and the basics and the developing areas is in Old Town and The Riverwalk which is just breaking ground on new condos and will be near the new Arena that is set to open in about 1 1/2 years. There are a few cool, upscale pubs to have a Guiness at or a nice glass of wine and there are the typical t-shirt and baseball cap bars too. Some good restaurants in Old Town including one good Sushi place if you like that stuff.

If you want outdoor activities move to Colorado. Unfortunately there are no mountains here so the skiing is limited. ;)

StcChief
10-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Great newspaper.
now that's a reason to move to Witchita :rolleyes:

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:42 PM
now that's a reason to move to Witchita :rolleyes:

Uhh, I know your from Mizzery but you spelled Wichita wrong. Are you being silly like Skip? Do I need to put up a monkey picture of you as well?

Saulbadguy
10-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Great newspaper.
QFT!!

Saulbadguy
10-11-2007, 02:46 PM
13th Street runs E. to W. throughout the entire city. The road is something like 20 miles long. You should work on your accuracy.

Basically there are three very nice areas to live. The NE Side of Town in the Wilson Estates area going East towards Andover, The far NWest side of town has similar very nice family homes, shopping and the basics and the developing areas is in Old Town and The Riverwalk which is just breaking ground on new condos and will be near the new Arena that is set to open in about 1 1/2 years. There are a few cool, upscale pubs to have a Guiness at or a nice glass of wine and there are the typical t-shirt and baseball cap bars too. Some good restaurants in Old Town including one good Sushi place if you like that stuff.

If you want outdoor activities move to Colorado. Unfortunately there are no mountains here so the skiing is limited. ;)
Mort's, have a bloody mary.

pr_capone
10-11-2007, 02:47 PM

You could always go to the Palace West and ski down the hill towards the theater. Just have to bail before hitting that little creek that runs through there. :D

Of they have that giant mole hill in Sedgwick county park as well. :D

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:49 PM

I can look out out the window of my pad and see Mort's. It's a neat little place. The Guiness on Tap is fresh. The Martini's are ok. All in all a good pub and they usually have music outside when the weather is good Thurs. through Sun. The MILF hunting there can be very good.

pr_capone
10-11-2007, 02:50 PM

and Martinis as well as an outside patio to smoke cigars that you bring or you can purchase some there as well.

GREAT place.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 02:51 PM
You could always go to the Palace West and ski down the hill towards the theater. Just have to bail before hitting that little creek that runs through there. :D

Of they have that giant mole hill in Sedgwick county park as well. :D

I've always wondered about that mole hill thing.

trndobrd
10-11-2007, 02:52 PM
I can look out out the window of my pad and see Mort's. It's a neat little place. The Guiness on Tap is fresh. The Martini's are ok. All in all a good pub and they usually have music outside when the weather is good Thurs. through Sun. The MILF hunting there can be very good.

I can see Morts and River City Brewery from my office window. It's worse than when I was in 5th grade and the classroom window looked out on the playground.

banyon
10-11-2007, 03:09 PM
I appreciate everyone's responses and information. Again shows what separates this board from others, even posters I disagree with pretty fervently sometimes willing to lend a hand.

:thumb:

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I appreciate everyone's responses and information. Again shows what separates this board from others, even posters I disagree with pretty fervently sometimes willing to lend a hand.

Glad to help out. I have a $200 consulting fee. Please PM me your address and I'll bill you.

Regards,

Chiefaroo
Lawyer, Pimp, Salesman extraordinare, Defender of Truth, Justice and the American Way

trndobrd
10-11-2007, 03:31 PM

We're just trying to help you be right about something.

:)

JuicesFlowing
10-11-2007, 03:37 PM
It's a BORING place to live. That's why I drive to Kansas City to do anything even remotely "fun" ... the sports fans here are all bandwagon riders. You'd think we lived outside of Dallas with all of the Cowboys fans here. The sports talk radio here sucks ass, we have one "local" show, and the two idiot savants actually could give a crap less about the Chiefs or Royals. There are way too many restaurants in this place, and there is construction EVERYWHERE. If you move here, you're making a huge mistake.

HemiEd
10-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I guess it is what you are interested in. I spent a lot of time at Wichita International Raceway, up on north Ridge road. Once in a while a trip to 81 speedway to watch the circle burners tear their shit up.
Douglas and Seneca, old time pool hall with dominoes, called Club Billiards.
Bowling is probably one of the biggest participation sports/entertainment in Wichita.
Old town, was just getting started when I moved away, but have checked it out on some of my visits. Kinda yuppyville to me.

trndobrd
10-11-2007, 03:43 PM
It's a BORING place to live. That's why I drive to Kansas City to do anything even remotely "fun" ... the sports fans here are all bandwagon riders. You'd think we lived outside of Dallas with all of the Cowboys fans here. The sports talk radio here sucks ass, we have one "local" show, and the two idiot savants actually could give a crap less about the Chiefs or Royals. There are way too many restaurants in this place, and there is construction EVERYWHERE. If you move here, you're making a huge mistake.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "fun", but you are right about the dining. Boy I hate it when there are just too many restaurants to choose from. God that's annoying!

ChiTown
10-11-2007, 03:59 PM

LOL

You've just described KC.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 04:04 PM
actually we have 2 local shows, I cant stand Bruce Heartl and Bob Lutz which starts at 9. But Chris Allison and Randy smithson have a show on from 6-9, i enjoy, they talk alot obout the chiefs and royals.

BigVE
10-11-2007, 04:05 PM
I didn't know you there was such a thing as too many restaurants...I guess that's why you have an hour wait if you go to any one these restaurants at prime time huh?

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 04:06 PM
We cant get no semi pro teams to work in wichita, because we are all about the Shockers! Shockers rule this city.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Great newspaper.

LMAO. Nice plug.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 04:30 PM
We cant get no semi pro teams to work in wichita, because we suck.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
We cant get no semi pro teams to work in wichita, because we suck.
Fixed it.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Fixed it.
**** off

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 04:33 PM
**** off
Eat shit.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 04:36 PM
Eat shit.
your ****ing classless, im ashamed of people like you that are chiefs fans, cause you give us a bad name.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
your ****ing classless, im ashamed of people like you that are chiefs fans, cause you give us a bad name.
GFY n00b

HemiEd
10-11-2007, 04:58 PM

Hey, all he has got is an old rusty '57 Plymouth and an old preacher who theatens to die, if people don't send him more money. How would you like to be stuck in Tulsa? Gotta cut him some slack.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Wichita - World's largest small town.

HemiEd
10-11-2007, 05:29 PM

I don't find that insulting, in fact, something to aspire to.

Saulbadguy
10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Old town condo? Nice. Do you slum for the jailbait at Americas Pub?

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
actually we have 2 local shows, I cant stand Bruce Heartl and Bob Lutz which starts at 9. But Chris Allison and Randy smithson have a show on from 6-9, i enjoy, they talk alot obout the chiefs and royals.

Haertl and Lutz blow but 1410 AM gets the KC sports guys plus I've got Sirius radio. Scotty Ferrell rules. Shake is uuup!!

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Get a satellite radio you cheap bastard.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:14 PM

You have to understand. In Okiehoma language skip isn't insulting anyone, he's just having a conversation. Now, if he tries to rip your nuts off that's a sign that an Okie is upset.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:15 PM

I like that. By the way when I lived in Memphis all the born and raised locals used to proudly describe their home town that way.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
I've lived in Wichita. That's why I don't live in Wichita.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Man, I can't go there anymore. They've turned half of it into a full blown Mexican Cantina with just awful music and the other side is kinda've a heavy metal meets punk rock type of a scene. I went in there about 6 months ago and some dumbarse was hopping around the stage with no shirt on screeching out a speed metal song. There were a few chippies but I couldn't stand being in there. I prefer Mort's, Oeno and The Loft. Better vibes, better people. I'm starting to realize that MILFS are better than chippies anyway. They're more fun.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:24 PM

I will say this about 3 years ago I went to AP and met this 21 year old girl who had just turned. I got her so bombed buying her Jaeger shots that she just sat down on my lap and started smiling. I put the moves on her for about an hour then her two relatively sober girlfriends snagged her. I think one of them was pissed about something or the other and they had to leave "right now" because when I offered them a drink the second one was like"yeah, sounds good" but number three cut her off and said, no we're leaving. Interesting night.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:32 PM
GFY n00b

Skip, be nice to my fellow Shocker fan.

trndobrd
10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
.... I prefer Mort's, Oeno and The Loft. Better vibes, better people. I'm starting to realize that MILFS are better than chippies anyway. They're more fun.

$6 pizzas washed down with $2 pints....mmmmm

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:38 PM
$6 pizzas washed down with $2 pints....mmmmm

Sometimes the bands they bring in aren't to bad.

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Skip, be nice to my fellow Shocker fan.
He was being mean to me.

ChiefaRoo
10-11-2007, 07:45 PM
He was being mean to me.

Group hug.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-11-2007, 08:55 PM
he was mean first lol

Skip Towne
10-11-2007, 09:05 PM
he was mean first lol
No, you started it and now you must pay. Turn your rep on you pussy.

Mr. Kotter
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
If you haven't explored this link yet, you should; if you are diligent, there is a lot of good info here.....

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2007/index.html

FWIW, I think Wichita did pretty well for a city its size. :shrug:

BucEyedPea
10-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Wichita? They gots peeps there? :hmmm:
I thought it was just a dot on the map.

Saulbadguy
10-12-2007, 07:24 AM
I don't think you've had a worthwhile post since you've signed up on this board. Why are you still here?

pr_capone
10-12-2007, 08:09 AM
I don't think you've had a worthwhile post since you've signed up on this board. Why are you still here?
ROFL

jidar
10-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Wichita sucks.

It's got the traffic and crime problems of a big city without the Interesting things to do or local culture. It's really the worst of big city and small town living all rolled into one. It's amazing that they managed to pull that off, honestly.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 01:25 PM

Yes, we're peeping away here Pea. Don't be condescending or I will have to put you across my knee and spank the Ron Paul out of you.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Don't be mean to Pea Saul. She's good on the DC board and she raises the avg. IQ of the Planet as a whole.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 01:30 PM
Wichita sucks.

It's got the traffic and crime problems of a big city without the Interesting things to do or local culture. It's really the worst of big city and small town living all rolled into one. It's amazing that they managed to pull that off, honestly.

That's all a bunch of BS. We've already talked about this in another thread. The crime rate here is less than KC and Tulsa per capita and the traffic here is light except for about 30 minutes during rush hour if you want to even call it that. (after living in Atlanta and Memphis it makes me laugh when people talk about traffic here). Wichita really is a smaller version of KC which isn't exactly known for it's cultural history unless you want to talk about the mob. There are some fun things to do here and the quality of life is very good unless your a penniless poor bastard but quality of life sucks everywhere if you don't have cash.

ChiTown
10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Wichita sucks.

God, you are like stepping on dog crap in my tennis shoes. No matter much I wipe off the shit, the stink is still there.

HemiEd
10-12-2007, 01:44 PM
God, you are like stepping on dog crap in my tennis shoes. No matter much I wipe off the shit, the stink is still there.

ROFL Nice!

banyon
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Would I need to invest in a handgun? Yay or Nay?

ChiTown
10-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Only if you are neighbors with jidar.......

trndobrd
10-12-2007, 01:58 PM

That raises a different set of questions. Are you looking to get your concealed carry license or a firearm for in the house? Where are you going to live, 13th & Grove or 13th & Greenwich? What kind of legal work are you going to be doing? Are you going to give up your mini-putting green and clicking steel balls?

I live in a nice neighborhood and work in Old Town and own several handguns. However, I haven't had much need to use one, so I don't know what to tell you.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Wichita is a good place to live. Like about every small city or big city. It has its bad parts and good parts.

HemiEd
10-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Wichita is a good place to live. Like about every small city or big city. It has its bad parts and good parts.

A few years back, maybe 7, I was home for Christmas and had a new big black Chrysler LHS. My daughter's car (Nissan) broke down on the Canal Route, about the murdock area on Christmas eve.
It was after dark and she called me from a liquor store in that area, since she didn't have a cell phone at that time.
She is a petite blonde and my visions of her being stranded over there was similar to beef steak thrown into shark infested waters.
I pulled up in that car, with IL plates, black overcoat with collar up, and the local crack bunch scattered.
I was sure glad they did, no problems. Not sure what I would have done otherwise.

Simply Red
10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
believe it or not. I never have been there. I grew up in Blue Springs. I visualize it as being similar to Joplin only newer. *shrug*

banyon
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
That raises a different set of questions. Are you looking to get your concealed carry license or a firearm for in the house? Where are you going to live, 13th & Grove or 13th & Greenwich? What kind of legal work are you going to be doing? Are you going to give up your mini-putting green and clicking steel balls?

I live in a nice neighborhood and work in Old Town and own several handguns. However, I haven't had much need to use one, so I don't know what to tell you.

From what I hear, the Old Town area sounds like my gig, but I would be doing some Criminal Defense work though. :(

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I was thinking about going to Whichita tomorrow to go to a casino. Then take in a Division 1 football game in the afternoon. Then go ice skating at the local rink. Then stay over and go play a world class golf course on Sunday. Then attend a world class prize fight that night featuring Alan Green. Or we could go to the Port and watch them load the barges. Oh, wait, all of that is in Tulsa. Or we might go to two top notch museums. Or see the full time ballet and opera companies that call Tulsa home. If we have time left we can catch a Tulsa Drillers baseball game. Or we could go to Whichita and watch the flies f*ck.

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 09:57 PM
"Or we could go to the Port and watch them load the barges."

Oh what a wild exciting life you must live! Loser.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Just one of the many things Tulsa has that Wichita doesn't. Pizza Hut, founded in Wichita, moved its headquarters to Tulsa because it couldn't attract top executives to Wichita. They said it was because Wichita lacked cultural endeavors that Tulsa has. So eat shit, dumbass.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Skip, I'll bring you to a Tulsa v. WSU b-ball game whenever your little program has the courage to schedule WSU. Too bad, this year we have to settle for LSU at home.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Skip, I'll bring you to a Tulsa v. WSU b-ball game whenever your little program has the courage to schedule WSU. Too bad, this year we have to settle for LSU at home.
Why would anybody want to go to Wichita? LSU is a football school you dumbass.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:11 PM
BTW, you cockslurper, why don't you counter some of what I've said? Because you can't is why. When Kansas shits it comes out in Whichita

the Talking Can
10-12-2007, 10:15 PM
wichita is one of the most non-descript, boring towns in the nation....kind of like a dry fart

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Skip Towne
MVP

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by tonyetony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one of the many things Tulsa has that Wichita doesn't. Pizza Hut, founded in Wichita, moved its headquarters to Tulsa because it couldn't attract top executives to Wichita. They said it was because Wichita lacked cultural endeavors that Tulsa has. So eat shit, dumbass.

Look weirdo. Your hate for Wichita is UNNATURAL. Just because you were gang raped in Wichita doesn't mean you're going to rediscover your ass cherry in T-town. Chill out.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 10:19 PM
BTW, you cockslurper, why don't you counter some of what I've said? Because you can't is why. When Kansas shits it comes out in Whichita

I'm sorry, I quit listening to you 3 days ago.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Skip Towne
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyetony

Look weirdo. Your hate for Wichita is UNNATURAL. Just because you were gang raped in Wichita doesn't mean you're going to rediscover your ass cherry in T-town. Chill out.
How long did it take you to get this stupid? If your TV breaks down in Wichita you are just f*cked for sports. You're the weirdo for living in that godforsaken hell hole. Get a football team dipshit.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry, I quit listening to you 3 days ago.
I realize you can't counter what Tulsa has and your shit city doesn't. I'd shut up too if I were you.

pr_capone
10-12-2007, 10:26 PM
How long did it take you to get this stupid? If your TV breaks down in Wichita you are just f*cked for sports. You're the weirdo for living in that godforsaken hell hole. Get a football team dipshit.

God damn dude..... forget your metamucil today?

Yeah.... Wichita can be a boring ass place, but it is something to really get this riled up about? lol

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:32 PM
God damn dude..... forget your metamucil today?

Yeah.... Wichita can be a boring ass place, but it is something to really get this riled up about? lol
Who is riled up? It's better than Puerto Rico I suppose.

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Skip, you backwards ass okie, red dirt eatin, inbred dipshit. I've been to places in D.C., Chicago, and Detroit that would make you beg your Tulsa lovin ass off to be back in Wichita.

PS- they even have pro football teams.

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Skip, you backwards ass okie, red dirt eatin, inbred dipshit. I've been to places in D.C., Chicago, and Detroit that would make you beg your Tulsa lovin ass off to be back in Wichita.

PS- they even have pro football teams.
Rather than running your big f*cking n00b mouth, why don't you defend that POS Wichita? Is it because you are too f*cking stupid?

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm not defending Wichita. I'm simply pointing out that your hatered for this place is unnatural. What happened to you there? Is it the only city you've visited outside of Tulsa? Bad Vacation or what?"

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:39 PM
Back to the original point, Banyon, I'd look elsewhere rather than go to Wichita. That would be a horrible choice. Tulsa wants smart people like yourself..

Skip Towne
10-12-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm not defending Wichita. I'm simply pointing out that your hatered for this place is unnatural. What happened to you there? Is it the only city you've visited outside of Tulsa? Bad Vacation or what?"
I've lived there, dipshit. That's why I don't live there. Did you just get here?

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 10:43 PM
And what happened there that makes you hate it so bad. I've been bored many places and don't hold that kind of resentment.

pr_capone
10-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Who is riled up? It's better than Puerto Rico I suppose.

There really is no need to go there.

Yeah... PR is awful. Beaches everywhere, half naked women everywhere, mountains, the only tropical rain forest in US territory, culture, great music, and great food.

Damn that place.

I know we spics can get a little uppity, but its a small price to pay, no?

:D

tonyetony
10-12-2007, 10:53 PM
Well Skip I guess your not going to tell us where all this deep seeded resentment towards a "place" really originates from. Oh well, btw I like Tulsa too.

ChiefaRoo
10-12-2007, 11:59 PM
There really is no need to go there.

Yeah... PR is awful. Beaches everywhere, half naked women everywhere, mountains, the only tropical rain forest in US territory, culture, great music, and great food.

Damn that place.

I know we spics can get a little uppity, but its a small price to pay, no?

:D

I love PR. I will be there in Nov.

1ChiefsDan
10-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Rather than running your big f*cking n00b mouth, why don't you defend that POS Wichita? Is it because you are too f*cking stupid?n00b alert.

ShitLip Towne's only defense.

I'm having so much fun with this I think I'll look up all of ShitLip Townes posts for n00b references. Eat it dirty sanchez.

ps I think wichita sucks also

pr_capone
10-13-2007, 12:13 AM
I love PR. I will be there in Nov.

Really??? Work or pleasure?

Where ya headed on the island?

ChiefaRoo
10-13-2007, 12:22 AM
Really??? Work or pleasure?

Where ya headed on the island?

Pleasure,my Grandpa lives down there. I'll be in the Dorado area mostly but we usually do a tour of the island when I go down. Any recommendations?

1ChiefsDan
10-13-2007, 12:31 AM
n00b alert.

ShitLip Towne's only defense.

I'm having so much fun with this I think I'll look up all of ShitLip Townes posts for n00b references. Eat it dirty sanchez.

ps I think wichita sucks alsoHoly Crap Batman - I am reniging on my earlier post.

Advanced search came up with 351 post for ShitLip Towne and n00b.

I guess he really doesn't use it that much?ROFL

ooops - get ready for 351 in

ShitLip.......

pr_capone
10-13-2007, 12:57 AM
Pleasure,my Grandpa lives down there. I'll be in the Dorado area mostly but we usually do a tour of the island when I go down. Any recommendations?

Definitely!

Bacardi

Viejo San Juan (old San Juan)

El Morro - Anciest Spanish fort

Parque de las palomas - park where a shit load of pigeons go and hang out to beg for food

The docks in San Juan are pretty cool

La Parguera - bioluminiscent bay

El Yunque - only tropical rain forest in the US

If you are a technology geek, The largest radio telescope in the world is in Arecibo,

If you dig caves then the Cuevas de Camuy is a must.

Aguadilla is my home town but there is not much to see there though there is a kick ass beach there called Crash Boat.

ChiefaRoo
10-13-2007, 01:44 AM
Definitely!

Bacardi

Viejo San Juan (old San Juan)

El Morro - Anciest Spanish fort

Parque de las palomas - park where a shit load of pigeons go and hang out to beg for food

The docks in San Juan are pretty cool

La Parguera - bioluminiscent bay

El Yunque - only tropical rain forest in the US

If you are a technology geek, The largest radio telescope in the world is in Arecibo,

If you dig caves then the Cuevas de Camuy is a must.

Aguadilla is my home town but there is not much to see there though there is a kick ass beach there called Crash Boat.

Thanks man. Believe it or not I've done all of these things over the years except I haven't been to crash boat. I've been going to PR since I was in HS. I prefer DonQ though ;)

1ChiefsDan
10-13-2007, 02:22 AM
Well SHITLIP TOWNE I guess your not going to tell us where all this deep seeded resentment towards a "place" really originates from. Oh well, btw I like Tulsa too.ShitLip Towne in Deliverance
"ShitLip Towne is tied to a tree with his own belt and cut by one of the WITHATIANS knives, ShitLip Towne forced to strip before being humiliated and brutally sodomized by one Wichitaian. Attention is then turned to Ed, the other hillbilly stating that Ed has "got a real purty mouth".

Of course, ShitLip Towne could still be Ed and take it both ways - he did move to Tulsa.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-13-2007, 06:41 AM
Skip what does tulsa basketball average in attendance? O wait i forgot nobody wants to see that peice of shit basketballl team you guys got down there

ChiefsGirl
10-13-2007, 06:44 AM
I agree with Skip, Wichita sucks. I was born there and thankfully got the hell out of there as soon as possible.

Skip Towne
10-13-2007, 06:54 AM
ShitLip Towne in Deliverance
"ShitLip Towne is tied to a tree with his own belt and cut by one of the WITHATIANS knives, ShitLip Towne forced to strip before being humiliated and brutally sodomized by one Wichitaian. Attention is then turned to Ed, the other hillbilly stating that Ed has "got a real purty mouth".

Of course, ShitLip Towne could still be Ed and take it both ways - he did move to Tulsa.
Obviously nobody cares what you think, shitstain.

Skip Towne
10-13-2007, 06:59 AM
Skip what does tulsa basketball average in attendance? O wait i forgot nobody wants to see that peice of shit basketballl team you guys got down there
I don't know the attendance but we have 2 division 1 basketball teams, not just one. And there is so much more to do in Tulsa would probably affect it as well. Keep trying, you'll find something. (maybe)

pr_capone
10-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks man. Believe it or not I've done all of these things over the years except I haven't been to crash boat. I've been going to PR since I was in HS. I prefer DonQ though ;)

Crash Boat is a GREAT beach. :D

As for Don Q....

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6751/pict0036rj0.jpg

Ron del Barrilito is some GREAT stuff... but I love Don Q for some clear Rum.

If you get a chance... go to a restaurant called El Meson and order a pastami sammich. Fookin incredible!

ChiefaRoo
10-13-2007, 02:37 PM
Crash Boat is a GREAT beach. :D

As for Don Q....

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/6751/pict0036rj0.jpg

Ron del Barrilito is some GREAT stuff... but I love Don Q for some clear Rum.

If you get a chance... go to a restaurant called El Meson and order a pastami sammich. Fookin incredible!

Where is El Meson? I like the Cubano Sandwiches at most of the local shops as well.

pr_capone
10-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Where is El Meson? I like the Cubano Sandwiches at most of the local shops as well.

I know for a fact there is one in Aguadilla as that is where it all started, but I believe they are all over the island now.

HemiEd
10-13-2007, 02:57 PM

ROFL That just may be the most far fetched and stupidest argument I have ever seen you make on this board. And that, is really saying something.

HemiEd
10-13-2007, 02:59 PM

He flunked out of WU, before it became a State University back in '65. He ended up at KU, in order to learn how to install antennas on roofs.

ChiefaRoo
10-13-2007, 03:01 PM
I know for a fact there is one in Aguadilla as that is where it all started, but I believe they are all over the island now.
Cool

WhitiE
10-13-2007, 05:01 PM
a few years back wichita had the most millionaires per capita than anywhere else in america..... charles koch is one of the richest men in america and he finds wichita to be a nice place to live. wichita ks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wichita_kansas)

AirForceChief
10-13-2007, 05:18 PM
I grew up in Wichita and visit a couple of times a year. Like all citys, there are good and bad parts of town. I was impressed by all the nice clubs/bars we went to the last few times in town. But all in all, way too much violent crime for a town its size; there is a real gang problem there.